Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2017 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612

But now I'm wondering why you have a radio on your desk, when you're connected to the internet?! And if you liked your trip to New York? And what's that Lego MOC? And I like your sock.

Frankly, your answer has posed even more questions. :-) All of which are off topic and borderline intrusive, so I'll go get my coat... :-/

sid3windrEKSam
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    MaffyD said:

But now I'm wondering why you have a radio on your desk, when you're connected to the internet?! And if you liked your trip to New York? And what's that Lego MOC? And I like your sock.

Frankly, your answer has posed even more questions. :-) All of which are off topic and borderline intrusive, so I'll go get my coat... :-/

1. Because reasons (I honestly don't use it very often, but I just like it as a thing)
    2. Yeah, it was good. Not there very long, though!
    3. On the right on top of the Nintendo? That's actually the brilliant if somewhat surreal #4701 Sorting Hat
    4. Err, thanks? All credit to Primarks...
    MaffyD

Thank you @plasmodium - that's helped my OCD :-) I've never seen that HP set - how very odd. My son has socks from Primark like that. I feel very old. Maybe I'll get some for Christmas (bringing it slightly back on topic for a moment)!

And for my fortnightly update, I can confirm that my tree is up, and the SS gift is under it! Pictures to follow - it may include socks. I'm sure you all can't wait.

plasmodiumbandit778catwrangler
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 218
    I may have inadvertently opened the outer box from Secret Santa but I did not peek.
    cmrt1014snowhitieTheOriginalSimonBkezkiki180703gratefulnat
  • kioko21kioko21 United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    Came home to this yesterday! Thanks Secret santa! Love the wrapping paper and the hand-written note! Roll on christmas! 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,347
    Based on what we can see here on the paper, I believe the stickers might count as spoilers for days yet to be reached in the Christmas build-up set.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 231
    Posted a small parcel ,  hope my wrapping survives , its a 2 layer so an impatient receiver has a second chance to wait  , I wasn't going to do this but its bringing back what Christmas is about ,many thanks Brickset
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,525
    Great to see everyone receiving their gifts,  I've a spot reserved under our tree for mine as soon it arrives :)
    cmrt1014SeijiAmasawakiki180703
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,085
    edited December 2017
    It’s all so very festive! Glad people are receiving their packages well.
    cmrt1014SeijiAmasawakiki180703snowhitieLittleLori
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,853
    Well I got half of mine today. :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    terfsten said:
    Got mine today!! I'm so excited!! Thanks secret Santa so much!!! :)

On the other side of things I've had my users gifts for awhile but haven't had time to wrap and send them off! Hopefully I'll get them out tomorrow... running out of time fast!!
    Wow, there's a blast from the past! I haven't seen a wave 1 Bionicle canister for a long time!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,359
    Loads of really festive looking packages arriving. Getting slightly apprehensive here with a BS SS sized gap under our tree still!
    cmrt1014
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 231
    Got mine yesterday , unfortunately it was double wrapped so no sneak peak  thanks Secret Santa 
    Coolguy5000SeijiAmasawakiki180703snowhitiestlux
    ^ Nice socks @plasmodium - also nice SS gift!

my update today (I’m no longer trying to work out what the frequency is, something non-linear I imagine) is that it feels such a long time since I got my present, I almost forgot I received two! I also nearly lost them in the haste to get some other presents wrapped (non-Brickset I might add). And as far as getting a present for my intended recipient, I’m hoping to figure that out sometime this week. I’ve still got plenty of time, right? ;-)
    snowhitie
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    So the general consensus here is that people aren't opening their presents until the 25th then?

Man, the self control around here.....
    Muftak1
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,094
    Just received mine.  Thanks ; )
    Your lucky to have received your package at all since the postal service gets very nervous about the use of duct tape these days. My local post office would refuse a box like that. By the way, nice hardwood floor!
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 504
    ecmo47 said:
    Your lucky to have received your package at all since the postal service gets very nervous about the use of duct tape these days. My local post office would refuse a box like that. By the way, nice hardwood floor!
    Can I ask why? I use duct tape a lot when sending packages...
    sid3windrkiki180703
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    samiam391 said:
    So the general consensus here is that people aren't opening their presents until the 25th then?

Man, the self control around here.....
    Half the fun is opening them "together" on Christmas Day!
    I love it. Didn't know that was the tradition. One more week!!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,178
    I don't open mine until the 25th.
    FowlerBrickssnowhitiekiki180703
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Very big thanks to my secret Santa. It arrived today unwrapped so I got a massive surprise and I’m very pleased. 
    snowhitiekezthebeermonkeySeijiAmasawakiki180703TheOriginalSimonB
    Muftak1 said:
    ecmo47 said:
    I thought that it was because duct tape is a material of choice for nefarious folks that like to send IED's though the mail.  The actual reason that United State Postal Service doesn't like it (according to the internet) is that duct tape doesn't stick to waxed cardboard very well and, when it comes off, gunks up their sorting machinery. All I really know is that my local postal clerk will not accept any of my boxes with duct tape on it. Sorry I brought it up. Now back to the holiday cheer! 
    Muftak1

I'm going mad. It wasn't @plasmodium's socks, it was @piratemania7. Anyway, my comment still stands about the socks, whoever they belong to. I still think that @plasmodium will have nice socks as well. I just have that feeling.

That's what happens when you post in the early hours of the morning because you can't sleep. At least I didn't bring duct tape into the commentary! :-)

Lots of great photos of presents here guys. I'm very impressed.

snowhitieFowlerBrickskezkiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    Well @MaffyD we already new @plasmodium had nice socks since you commented on that when you asked all your invasive questions (they were from Primark remember). So guess that's where the confusion stemmed from.

Anyway, lots of PM's done today since lots of parcels send and received, really looking forward to start opening mine!
    Speedman29FowlerBrickskezomniumMaffyDkiki180703
    MaffyD said:

I'm going mad. It wasn't @plasmodium's socks, it was @piratemania7. Anyway, my comment still stands about the socks, whoever they belong to. I still think that @plasmodium will have nice socks as well. I just have that feeling.

That's what happens when you post in the early hours of the morning because you can't sleep. At least I didn't bring duct tape into the commentary! :-)

Lots of great photos of presents here guys. I'm very impressed.

Haha thanks! Socks are from my mother in law a few years ago. I have a ton of them. Very plain.
    MaffyD
    ecmo47 said:
    Muftak1 said:
    ecmo47 said:
    I thought that it was because duct tape is a material of choice for nefarious folks that like to send IED's though the mail.  The actual reason that United State Postal Service doesn't like it (according to the internet) is that duct tape doesn't stick to waxed cardboard very well and, when it comes off, gunks up their sorting machinery. All I really know is that my local postal clerk will not accept any of my boxes with duct tape on it. Sorry I brought it up. Now back to the holiday cheer! 
    For what it’s worth the package came from up North : )
    ecmo47 said:
    Just received mine.  Thanks ; )
    Thanks @ecmo47 we put in the hardwood floors when we bought the house. My wife wanted to do it once we smelled the dog pee excreting from the hot and humid carpet...
    We did something very similar. We bought a house that had been occupied by three very large bassets hounds and lots of industrial gray carpet. I tore out much the carpet and replaced it with 3/4 inch rustic hickory. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish off the final 1000 sq ft this year if remodeling progresses as planned. Now back on topic again....