Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bring on 2018!!
The Chimaera is the name of Thrawn Star Destroyer and features some wicked print on the bow:
10260 - Downtown Diner: I love this building. I was hoping I’d be less than thrilled about 2018’s entry so I could go back & pick up PR or BB to go with my DO & AS. But this one I’ll have to get right away.
10259 - Winter Village Station: A 2017 set, and I’ll likely buy the 2018 one as well. This purchase will probably slip into 2018.
42078 - Mack Anthem: I’m not a technic guy, but have the arctic men sets from when I was a kid. I’ve always wanted to dive into a modern technic set to try as an adult, & love big rigs for a model. Though there have been a couple through the years, I’ve never gotten one. Now I have to get this one.
42074 - Racing Yacht: A definite maybe. This was going to be my intro to Technic, as it’s a different type of model and that sail makes it a great display piece. But then the Mack was announced so this one might have to take a back seat.
60182 - Pickup & Caravan: I have all the RV’s released with city (& a couple classic town ones as well) so they make up my trailer park in my city when I set it up. So this one will be a guaranteed purchase. It might be the only one for city as well, I’m just not seeing a mountain police set I’m into, unlike the old forest police sets. Was hoping for a cool looking criminal cabin or something.
21038 - Las Vegas: I love architecture, but not necessarily the skyline sets. But might have to get Vegas as it’s something different.
21035 - Guggenheim: the only Frank Lloyd Wright set I don’t have, and though it’s a 2017 set now, will have to get it in 2018.
70620 - Ninjago City: I have zero Ninjago & thought I had zero interest in the theme. Then the city was released & now I want it to go with my modulars. The building is effectively 5 stories tall & would fit in well.
21309 - NASA Saturn Apollo V: I have the feeling I’ll retreat not picking up such a cool set once it’s available again. Another great display piece, and would be my first ideas set, as most of them aren’t appealing. I thought I’d get the Fishing Store first, and though I really like it, I think the Apollo would be the one to get.
71040 - Disney Castle: Ok going back to 2016, that’s how far behind I am on purchases! Yikes! This one we must own while it’s available.
60181 Forest Tractor got added to the list, it is so cute when I saw it on JangBricks early review.
Thank you, Bumblepants. Good to know I have some sets to look forward to.
Creator Expert 10260: Downtown Diner
City 60179: Ambulance Helicopter
City 60181: Forest Tractor
Creator Expert 10255: Assembly Square
And probably another one or two big sets coming out in 2018!
Note: in 2017 were the Carousel, Ninjago City, Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, Destiny's Bounty, Winter Village Station and catched up with GBFH! Poor wallet!
75192 - Millennium Falcon
????? - New UCS Star Destroyer (if made)
the 2018 diner modular
the creator beach camper
some of the mountain police sets (but they are soooo overpriced as usual)
a couple of the friends sets the big house and the tree house set
I'll exercise restraint for the bigger announcements sure to come!
#75884 - 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
#75885 - Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC
#75886 - Ferrari 488 GT3 "Scuderia Corsa"
#75887 - Porsche 919 Hybrid
#75888 - Porsche 911 RSR + 911 Turbo
#75889 - Gerrari Garage 250 GTO, 488 GT
I even got the year right on the mustang, the fiesta wrc, 488 GT3, the Porsche 911s and the Ferrari garage. Not bad for complete guesses!
Either way a very very nice Speed Champions lineup for 2018.
I may also eventually get the Creator Mythical Creatures set, because I think that just looks like a lot of fun.
- Blue baseplates!
- Ahch-To Island Training: Cute little scene, great minifigures, reasonable price.
- Tatooine Battle Pack: Some very nice minifigs.
- Speed Force Pursuit (I'm a big fan of the Flash, so I have to pick this one up!)
- Some Lego Batman CMFs: I don't really like the series as a whole, but I'll be certainly trying to find a Jor-El, Black Canary, and maybe some extras for making custom characters.
- Ship-in-a-bottle will hopefully be lovely, in which case I'll be interested in that.
Other ones that I'm interested in, but won't buy at full price:
- #10260 Modular Diner
- #31079 Sunshine Surfer Van
- 10 of the Batman Movie CMF (Black Canary, both Wonder Twins, Clock King, Hugo Strange, Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, General Zod, Doctor Phosphorus, Killer Moth)
Sets I'll probably get but that have yet to be released:
- #75205 Mos Eisley Cantina (to expand the last one, for the bartender, the pod and Han's new hairpiece)
- #75200 Ach-To Island Training (love everything about this set, except for the price)
- #60182 Pick-Up & Caravan
- The new TLBM sets mostly for the minifigures (all except for the Bat Shuttle, not interested in that one)
- The SW battle packs and the double microfighters, again mostly for the figures
- Some of the smaller Minecraft sets, maybe the Farm Cottage for a good deal
- Justice League sets (comic versions) For these I'm really only interested in the minifigures, so I might end up buying them from Bricklink if they don't sell too high. But I really want Lobo, Cheetah, Firestorm, Killer Frost and Reverse Flash. I couldn't care less for the other figures and the builds.
-Sandspeeder (why no Sandtroopers?);
-Cantina (bartender, the ability to expand last cantinan and a SandTrooper plus the speeder, not at full price);
-Tatooine BP (needed another Tusken Raider).
-pieces to make a factory where the Empire makes furniture and the occasional AT-ACT.
For $10, 60178 Speed Record Car is definitely worth picking up IMO. I’m certain the real life inspiration for this set was either the Thrust SSC or Bloodhound SSC. Or both.
1. Technic Rally Car - a lot of people are focussing on the Mack Truck but I really like this model
2. The Pirate Rollercoaster - looks great if it’s true
3. The Ninjago City Docks - if it’s anything like Ninjago City count me in
4. Tron Lightcycle - more because I like nifty Ideas sets than I do Tron
5. Ship in a Bottle (maybe) - depends on the price and final product
6. Beehive piece
7. Series 18 CMF
8. I might try my hand and picking up a few vintage Pirates sets from Bricklink, it’s always been my favourite theme
I’m a modular fan, but I just don’t love the Diner. Maybe I need to see it in the plastic. This list will expand no doubt about it! Happy New Year to everyone.