Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    edited December 2017
    MF available on [email protected] in Europe now. You need to be logged in to be able to add it to your bag. Limit 1.

Good luck anybody who hasn't managed to get one yet.
    omniumBacchusbandit778bluedragonMr_CrossFizyxmsanders
  • SandmanSandman UKMember Posts: 26
    just got the update email that it is back online and got one. good luck everyone
  • BacchusBacchus NetherlandsMember Posts: 13
    Ordered!

I had to call customer service to place the order since I was getting constant errors on the website during checkout.

Good luck guys!
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 743
    Not the best birthday ever just because my wife and kids are in Europe at the moment.
    A 7500-piece Lego model to build and the rest of your family away for a few days? In my book that would be the best day EVER, period!
    gmonkey76TkattJohnyk668
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 210
    I got quite a shock when I read my e-mail, and saw that the Lego.com e-mail telling me the MF is back in stock had been sent half an hour earlier! However, I immediately hit refresh on my iPhone, where the MF order page has been ever since September, and... I was able to order it on my phone without any hassle or website problems whatsoever!!! 
    Not too fussed about it arriving before or after Christmas, but I am glad I'll probably still qualify for the Black VIP card!
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 451
    edited December 2017
    Be quick on [email protected] if you want one for Christmas.. 

Also a black VIP card :) 
    Also nice to see that the limit of 1 includes any previous purchase, so only people who haven’t had one can get it.. Good that [email protected] works eventually!
    BacchusomniumMr_Cross
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    I can confirm @Fireheart...tried to purchase one for a family member on my account and the order was cancelled after 15 minutes.
  • lee1980lee1980 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 34
    Same here thought missed out at first but then realised need to be logged in doh, hopefully got one as got email to now eeeek.

Anyone know size of deliver shipping brown box? and does it have any branding on it?
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2017
    Now back to 'coming soon' again.

I was allowed to add a #75192 to my cart even though I bought one in a physical store at launch. Still quite likely orders are manually screened against earlier brick and mortar purchases - the earlier purchase is on your VIP account anyway.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    edited December 2017
    Indeed, availability changed again to "Temporarily out of stock".

Seems #75192 was available today for about 3 hours, which is longer than I expected.
    Muftak1 said:
    From what I gathered, from talking to a CS rep, the MF will go "live" on their site at a particular time - people who are on the email waiting list will be notified of this time so will have a bit of a headstart against regular customers.

If anybody on here is on the email list - DONT TELL ANYONE!!! 

Remember : The First Rule of the MF Wait List, is nobody talks about the MF Wait List! :-)

Really hoping to get this before end of year...
    @Muftak1 did you get notified? 
    Muftak1
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    Aaaand it`s gone....
    mcmeador
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    I was in NYC visiting the christmas tree and as always, had to take a walk around the Lego store there.........and to my luck, they actually had a Falcon in stock!  When the employee went to check for me, he seemed as surprised as I was.
    Anyone know how long about it should take to receive the VIP card?
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 484
    ^I called the store at Rockefeller on Friday and they said they had none. I got mine from the Queens store. Someone on the waiting list took too long too pick it up. Thankfully!
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 585
    For those that purchased the falcon through the LBRS or shop @ home, what's the fervor about getting the SW ViP card ASAP?  Just be patient and be happy that you'll have one coming.  The falcons are slooowly trickling out, and so are the VIP cards.  It will come.  Plus Lego tracks your VIP purchases so it will come.  Now if you're still waiting end of January, probably okay to reach out to lego.  But you're locked in.  You'll be good. ;)
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 250
    Gooker1 said:
    For those that purchased the falcon through the LBRS or shop @ home, what's the fervor about getting the SW ViP card ASAP?  Just be patient and be happy that you'll have one coming.  The falcons are slooowly trickling out, and so are the VIP cards.  It will come.  Plus Lego tracks your VIP purchases so it will come.  Now if you're still waiting end of January, probably okay to reach out to lego.  But you're locked in.  You'll be good. ;)
    You'd think it was that simple, but the email screw up suggests otherwise. Half the people got an email saying their VIP card was coming, the other half didn't (myself included - day 1 purchaser from Leicester Square midnight launch).

The "they've opted out of marketing emails" reasoning doesn't appear to hold water either; I'm signed up all, and frequently get [email protected] and VIP emails from Lego.

Then there's the fact that some people who got the email have gotten theirs and others haven't, and some people who didn't get the email have got theirs, and others havent (Again, myself included. No email and no card).

So, you'll have to pardon me for not having as much faith in being "locked in" and "all good" as you suggest. :)

RTOmyscrnnmgmonkey76
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Gooker1 said:
    While I am in no hurry for mine I can see why people are miffed.  A company shouldn't give a time frame for something and then keep changing it.
    myscrnnmKerre
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 591
    As long as I have it before the deals it unlocks go live, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
    Those email snafus for sure would cause a headache, and I get that.  But I'd just call them and see what they say and get that squared away, instead of posting "When will it come?"  and not doing anything about it.
    Gooker1 said:
    Those email snafus for sure would cause a headache, and I get that.  But I'd just call them and see what they say and get that squared away, instead of posting "When will it come?"  and not doing anything about it.
    Oh, I/we have. The customer service representatives don't seem to know much about anything, and different people give different answers.

The only solution we seem to have at the moment is to keep waiting. And to moan on forums. :)
    Gooker1 said:
    Oh, I/we have. The customer service representatives don't seem to know much about anything, and different people give different answers.

The only solution we seem to have at the moment is to keep waiting. And to moan on forums. :)

LOL,  Well I hope you and everyone else get it soon.   I'm surprised that the customer service folk aren't helpful at all.  I've never had issues w/ them stateside before.  Good luck tho!!
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 741
    When I rang CS (UK), they were good enough to check that my MilF purchase was registered to my account and then went to check the list of those getting VIP cards mailed out to confirm I'm on the list, but that my card hasn't been sent yet. 

But they couldn't say when it would be sent, other than by the end of the year.

I've never received an email about my card or purchase. 
    PapaBear
    @LukeSkywalker, I'm sure I don't know what you mean ;) 
    PapaBeardavetheoxygenman
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 455
    Fireheart said:
    Muftak1 said:
    From what I gathered, from talking to a CS rep, the MF will go "live" on their site at a particular time - people who are on the email waiting list will be notified of this time so will have a bit of a headstart against regular customers.

If anybody on here is on the email list - DONT TELL ANYONE!!! 

Remember : The First Rule of the MF Wait List, is nobody talks about the MF Wait List! :-)

Really hoping to get this before end of year...
    @Muftak1 did you get notified? 
    Yep. 
    Fireheart
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 928

It's currently available on the UK website :-)

• CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    Got today my black VIP card...so Belgium is also getting its cards delivered.
    stlux
  • zmarkellazmarkella UKMember Posts: 48
    Lobot said:

It's currently available on the UK website :-)

No, it's not. :( Out of stock.
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 145
    I haven't received my VIP card yet. I did get the email stating it was on the way.

My concern isn't with Lego customer service. My concern has been and always will be with my post office. During this time of the year, they bring in seasonal delivery people and constantly we've received the wrong mail. I can only imagine that our mail is delivered to the wrong address as well.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 661
    Has anyone in the US gotten their black cards yet?  I'm not going to worry a ton until I hear US people have gotten theirs and I haven't gotten mine yet :P
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Fizyx said:
    Has anyone in the US gotten their black cards yet?  I'm not going to worry a ton until I hear US people have gotten theirs and I haven't gotten mine yet :P
    Not that I am aware of, I certainly haven't. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2017
    Still waiting for mine. Bought day one in store, and didn't get email.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    Nope.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,402
    nope, day one also. 
  • cpsdkcpsdk denmarkMember Posts: 12
    just spoke with lego support, since I'm still missing my black card that should have arrived at the end of November. I was told that they had more problems with databases for sending out the cards, but that all cards was printed. Some will get them at the end of December, I should get one at the end of January and the rest should arrive at the end of February. He also told that if there comes a black VIP offer before I get my card I will still get the offer.
    stluxbandit778
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 182
    You all lack patience it seems
    CM4SSumoLegoGooker1
    steveomcl said:
    I prefer to think that I'm eager. Or keen. Or at a push, excited :-)
    bandit778mustang69MaffyD
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    steveomcl said:
    Or worried that there is some sort of screw up and the card won't show up.
    bandit778
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,717
    Must resist urge.... do not make obvious quip...
    steveomcl said:
    Patience, you must have, my young Padawan.  

(Bonus reference - I find your lack of patience disturbing.)
    PapaBearBumblepantsstluxbandit778MynattFowlerBricksMegtheCat
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,646
    Bonus Bonus Reference

Here is Patience from another 'verse

(no text added so not a meme right?)
    YodaliciousRTOBengh_ZeranSumoLego
    Well, I decided to call CS once more (This Jedi never learnt patience. ;)) and, once again, I have a different answer!

Apparently I am/was on the list of people to get it by the end of Nov, however, due to yet more printing problems, it is now likely I'll get it by the end of Dec. But they don't know for sure as they don't have an updated date on their system. :) I've to call back if I don't get it back at the end of Dec.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    In other news, I received an email from LEGO - my UCS Millennium Falcon has made the jump to lightspeed and will soon be landing outside my door! 
    FizyxMuftak1
  • cpsdkcpsdk denmarkMember Posts: 12
    Not sure CS knows when the cards will ship out, because this afternoon my card that wasn't going to be shipped until end of january arrived :)
    omnium
  • ucsstarwarsfanucsstarwarsfan Washington StateMember Posts: 33
    Hey.. I’m new to this thread. Just wanted to verify.. with time the Falcon will be readily available on Lego.com for $799.99, correct? Or is it possible that will never happen if the demand is too high?
    Hey.. I’m new to this thread. Just wanted to verify.. with time the Falcon will be readily available on Lego.com for $799.99, correct? Or is it possible that will never happen if the demand is too high?
    It will be back. Just be patient, no reason to panic buy from scalpers.
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    I got the VIP card yesterday. :-)
    FowlerBricks
  • ucsstarwarsfanucsstarwarsfan Washington StateMember Posts: 33
    Has there ever been a scenario with a set release where they were never able to consistently provide the set at MSRP?
    Has there ever been a scenario with a set release where they were never able to consistently provide the set at MSRP?
    Only times I can think of are limited edition things like the #41999 Technic Crawler and Ideas sets like the Research Institute.