Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,450
    Just building #21306 and noticed a minor misprint on one of the small parts...

LEGO_Dad77
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Rebuilding assembly square, just because I like it. (And dusty parts get cleaner, so thats my excuse!)
    I have yet to rebuild anyone of my larger sets.  Will possibly have to make that a goal for 2018.  Started out by rebuilding a few smaller ones at the end of this year.  
    FizyxCasper_vd_Korfkiki180703
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 542
    My LEGO status is a complaint.....

Why the hell don't they sell the straight road piece from #7280 by themselves?  If I want to build a city layout I'm going to end up with a lot of extra crossroad pieces I have no use for.  $15 for one 32x32 base plate?????  What the hell!!

arathemisSumoLegoomniumsid3windrkiki180703KingAlanIjosekalelJern92
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,093
    edited December 2017
    PapaBear said:
    Why the hell don't they sell the straight road piece from #7280 by themselves?
    So, you're saying you want to buy some extra intersections?

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering using these stupid intersection plates for the 'side' streets, or for the main road that is adjacent to the road.  I'm not sure.  I hate these plates.  I'd rather have straight plate two-packs, too!
    PapaBearsid3windrKingAlanI
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,156
    I ended up using T junctions in my street as straights, you end up with a nice Speed Champion car sized parking space.
    SumoLegoKingAlanI
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    stlux said:
    @PapaBear Or you could create brick-built roads, like I do
    Very nice! I'd prefer a 2x2 DBG plate under the streetlamps, though.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 542
    @SumoLego I'll have to pass on them sorry.  Maybe you can join them all together and pretend it's an airport.

I ended up using T junctions in my street as straights, you end up with a nice Speed Champion car sized parking space.
    Haha.  I plan on using a T junction for the Fire Brigade.  Maybe I can use one for the Ghostbusters HQ if I turn it sideways or something.  And if it looks good enough, I might substitute these stupid crossroads for the T junctions instead.  Gotta put intersections somewhere I guess.  No need for 10 intersections though.

@stlux That looks good, but I don't have the talent or motivation to MOC my streets.  I'll probably just end up like @SumoLego with 20 extra crossroads.  Maybe I'll be able to sell the lot of them for $20 total.
    SumoLego
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,720
    Making a rebuild for the Parisian Restaurant for Rebrick's new contest! Choosing a 2000 plus piece set maybe wasn't the greatest idea, but I did it and got decent results too. You can check out the stop-motion build here: https://youtu.be/QUYy3eY_Ysk
    PapaBear said:
    I'll probably just end up like @SumoLego with 20 extra crossroads.  Maybe I'll be able to sell the lot of them for $20 total.
    I frequently use them to 'make it rain' when I run out of 1x2 $100 Bill tiles.
    PapaBear
  • readersamreadersam USAMember Posts: 62
    SumoLego said:
    PapaBear said:
    Why the hell don't they sell the straight road piece from #7280 by themselves?
    So, you're saying you want to buy some extra intersections?

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering using these stupid intersection plates for the 'side' streets, or for the main road that is adjacent to the road.  I'm not sure.  I hate these plates.  I'd rather have straight plate two-packs, too!

I use them for parking lots in my town. 
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 478
    Could you share a picture of how those look?
    stlux said:
    ...Or you could create brick-built roads, like I do...
    I'm not sure why, but I find brick-built roads completely off-putting.  I can't say I like the LEGO roadplates much better, as they are 'out' of scale as well.

No really happy medium to be found...
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,156
    arathemis said:
    Could you share a picture of how those look?
    This is one of my T junctions in front of Assembly Square.

FizyxBumblepantsdmcc0Switchfoot55OnebricktoomanyGothamConstructionCoMooreFXjosekalelgmonkey76
    You look ready to drop the mic.
    LegoboyFizyxSirBrickalotOfLegoKLOKRIECHERkiki180703Lego_Star
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 478
    @Speedman29  I meant a photo of the parking lot made out of cross intersections.
    SumoLego
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 253
    Time to attach the Assembly Square to the other modulars:

Legopants
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    ^ Nice model. I must remember to get another one when I see a discount. :)
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,292
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this type of question, but couldn't necessarily find it in my search efforts. I figured this might be a good place to come. 

Is there an easy way to find sellers on BL who offer bulk purchase discounts on certain parts? In my most recent purchase, one of the sellers offered some pretty significant discounts when buying in multiples of 100's or 1000's. I have a few parts that would be nice to have some rather large quantities of, but rarely hit my local PaB wall. The difference between $.02 per part and 100 parts for $.0075 adds up rather quickly!

Admittedly, my BL experience is rather limited, so this might be an easy filter I'm missing?
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/22430/bricksetters-bricklink-stores
    going to reply to you in detail over there

Switchfoot55MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • AndyPolAndyPol KentMember Posts: 387
    Day off and helping Father Christmas wrap up my Ninjago City. It's not very well hidden behind the sofa and the wife and children keep asking me what the very large box with LEGO stamped on it is!
    BumblepantsstluxomniumPapaBearFowlerBricksAddicted2OxygenMegtheCatkiki180703LEGO_Dad77
    Starting my next project: BB-8. Here're the parts for bag 1.

FowlerBricksSwitchfoot55
    snowhitie said:
    @Pitfall69 you've been missed!
    Surely.  
    Pitfall69SeijiAmasawakiki180703BumblepantssnowhitieVorpalRyuGothamConstructionCo
    ^Wait...is this a forum of Stormtroopers!?!
    Pitfall69starwars4everTheOriginalSimonBsid3windrRussell844ricecakeVorpalRyuHanzogmonkey76
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,347
    Just got back from seeing The Last Jedi and I have to say I loved it. (To be fair that's coming from an aging fan boy so take it as you will).
    Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the next film in the trilogy.

As that's not really a Lego status I must add that despite being vastly overpriced at RRP, the Resistance Transport Pod set is remarkably well visualized in Lego and looks just like the film version. 

P.S. nice to see you back @Pitfall69
    MaffyDsnowhitie
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    ^Going to see The Last Jedi in a few hours. I hope you didn' miss my cameo in the film ;)
    bandit778
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,309

I knew someone would call out the Star Wars reference!
    FowlerBricks
    bandit778 said:
    Just got back from seeing The Last Jedi and I have to say I loved it. (To be fair that's coming from an aging fan boy so take it as you will).
    Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the next film in the trilogy.

To me, that's a good thing. If the older Star Wars fans enjoyed it, that may just convince me to watch it after the fail they labelled 'the force awakens'

I knew someone would call out the Star Wars reference!
    Had to be done.
    Russell844
    And there's the completed BB-8:

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,322
    Hi @Pitfall69 - just to summarise what you've missed: there has been Lego, and there has been lack of Lego. And much typing he been done about both.

Yeah, I summarise HARD.
    snowhitiestluxFowlerBrickscatwrangler
    edited December 2017
    MaffyD said:
    Hi @Pitfall69 - just to summarise what you've missed: there has been Lego, and there has been lack of Lego. And much typing he been done about both.

Yeah, I summarise HARD.
    And some a-hole just posted a meme.  That guy is a jackass, just don't call him Shirley.
    Switchfoot55VorpalRyugmonkey76LEGO_Dad77
  • legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 53
    Trying to keep at least one day ahead of my girls with my custom Advent Calendar. Also, the last package for my Bricklinked AT-AT has arrived, so about to get stuck back into that.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,292
    Friend who had been staying with us moved to his own place - now that room is available for LEGO. I often build there, especially large sets, as I wouldn't have to move a work in progress. Not sure if I'll do much building , but I could definitely use the storage space the way my bedroom is overflowing

Starting my next project: BB-8. Here're the parts for bag 1.

Adam Savage approves -

catwranglerkiki180703
    Time to catch up with this years Christmas Build-Up:
    FowlerBricksMooreFX
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,263
    Work Secret Santa got handed out today. Got a Star Wars joke book and Brickdiction, A seven step recovery guide for people addicted to LEGO!
    Well, the first step to solving an problem is admitting that you have a problem... so you can throw that 2nd one in the trash, because there's no problems here with collecting LEGO! None at all! Nope, nu-uh! *shifty eyes*
    Speedman29
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    Step 3. Buy a Bigger House for your lego collection? :)
    FizyxSpeedman29stluxMegtheCatgmonkey76
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,146
    SumoLego said:
    snowhitie said:
    @Pitfall69 you've been missed!
    Surely.  
    Sorely...
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    KingAlanI said:

Adam Savage approves

They're not exactly knolled.. that requires 90° angles. ;)