Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO #21312 Women of NASA Set- Pictures and Set Info

124»

Comments

• KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,131
    edited December 2017
    I got 1 from Amazon which I fully intend to build myself at some point.
    I didn't get any for gifts - it has a great message and display value but doesn't seem as fun for kids, and I already have a lot for the person I would give it to.
    It seems logical to buy extras at MSRP if I can, but investing in sealed sets isn't my usual LEGO business.
    Gone now
    Heck, I got a back in stock email from WalMart an hour and 20 minutes ago and those are gone (I was at work and about to leave so I didn't have time to actually place an order)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-IDEAS-Women-of-NASA-21312/655741199?adid=1500000000000040972510&veh=eml
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,649
    It seems they've misjudged regional demand again. I saw piles of these in the Newcastle LEGO store a few days ago. I don't think they are selling fast here.
    In and out of stock at WalMart.com . This time, I did get in an order for 2. They don't seem to have a quantity limit (maybe why they run out so quick), 1 wasn't enough for free shipping and I didn't have time to think of something else to add.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,070
    CCC said:
    It seems they've misjudged regional demand again. I saw piles of these in the Newcastle LEGO store a few days ago. I don't think they are selling fast here.
    One would assume this set would be less popular in the UK, or anywhere not in North America...
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    SumoLego said:
    CCC said:
    One would assume this set would be less popular in the UK, or anywhere not in North America...
    I dunno if that's true. I don't know the exposure that NASA has in the US, but remembering poor old Fred Ward & Veronica Cartwright in The Right Stuff it's possibly not on lot of peoples' radar.
    I think if your a Space-Head anywhere in the world then your interest will head to NASA as it is the number one agency for exploration and manned space flight (maybe not in the last couple of years, but I believe that's gonna change next year).
    The ESA just seems to send more satellites up. The Russians, at least, fly people up to the ISS but I don't think anyone has the prestige of NASA.

stluxKingAlanIkiki180703
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,331
    I got a second one at Barnes & Noble recently. They had two on the shelf.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,649
    You can get an easy readers book based on the set now:

Toc13Onebricktoomanystlux
  • AnkhrosAnkhros TexasMember Posts: 28
    This is one of my favorite Lego Ideas sets. It was a simple build, and it conveys a good message. And I consider minifigures of actual people to be very worth collecting.

https://brickbuildingfun.wordpress.com/builds/women-of-nasa/

• MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Perhaps we could all chip in and organise a copy of the book for Gunter Schnitzel?
    Istokg