Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• Madkins007Madkins007 NebraskaMember Posts: 14
    Just got and built the Thanksgiving set #40261, and Halloween #40260. Put up the Halloween set for a seasonal display, along with some appropriate minifigs holding buckets, baskets, etc. for trick or treaters.

Grandkids come over and I find that the older is going to be Rey, and the younger is going to be a witch. Take the witch from Ultimate Batmobile #70917 and give her some kid legs and a 'scary green' 1x1 cylinder as a basket, then take the girl from the Thanksgiving set and swap her torso with a Luke Skywalker, and give her a light saber and a random basket. 

Happy grandkids and a cute display!
    snowhitieBumblepantsMegtheCatLittleLoriricecakestluxpiratemania7
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    edited October 2017
    MaffyD said:
    Well, it's my wedding anniversary today, and although my non-instruction based building skills are pretty much zero, my wife still managed to like these I built:

I was going for teddy bear, but fairly happy with koala!
    My first thought was Brickheads Gremlins!
    SirBrickalotOfLegoMaffyDbrickventuresstluxsid3windrSumoLego
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,804
    It's beginning to look a lot life like the millennium falcon... Everywhere you go.

(Sorry got Secret Santa on the brain).

Belated happy anniversary to @MaffyD
    MaffyDFowlerBricksTheOriginalSimonBsid3windrpiratemania7kiki180703josekalelFizyxRsa33
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,322
    ^^ Same here, no teddy or koala in my brain, but I did see nice Gremlins :D
    MaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,439
    I have mentioned the similarities between my build and the cute gremlin to my other half, and she agrees and approves! Thanks for pointing it out - apparently I look just like a Mogwai as well?! Not sure about that last part... my ears aren't THAT pointy!
    bandit778sid3windrsnowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,804

The bottom is starting to look very finished!
    bandit778FowlerBricksMooreFXkiki180703Rsa33
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 312
    About to crack open my two Apple Tree House sets that I recently acquired. Flesh out the suburb section of Brickadelphia.  Then one Bricks and Pieces order for parts for fire hydrants and traffic lights and I am good to go building the table for it. 
    snowhitieFowlerBricks
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,412
    Black and white mini slowly progressing. 

FowlerBricksSwitchfoot55BumblepantssnowhitietallblocktooGothamConstructionCoMynatt
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    TheFew said:
    Black and white mini slowly progressing. 
    Looks kinda like a cross between a Mini and a Bugatti Royale:

TheFewRsa33
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 143
    I'm on bags numbered 17 on the #75192. I came across a part that's missing: https://brickset.com/parts/6134378

I had to steal one off of #75154

I'll look through my extras bin and see if I can spot one.
    I got this at Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00280208/

I've been using it to sort the pieces for the UCS Falcon, but I'm going to use it again to sort my collection. Overall it's deep enough that you can bump it and pieces don't go flying, but not so deep that you have to dig. I took all the numbered bags for each number and placed them in different divided sections.

Hanzodmcc0
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 90
    I decided to dive back into the lego tub and build the final piece of my Blacktron Invader set.

It surprisingly didn't take as long as I thought it would.  The pieces I figured would be harder to find surfaced pretty quickly, and there were only a few that I substituted out for pieces in another color only to have then surface later.  Except for the hammer.  I couldn't seem to locate that specific piece so there is an extra blaster in its place.

Felt really good to see it assembled again. 

Wondering if I should try to assemble the Battrax or Renegade now.  I kept seeing their pieces floating around while building the Invader. 
    I'm about to wrap up #75192. I promised my 2 seven year old sons that they could help me near the end of assembly, so tonight, they're going to build the radar dishes for me.

Of all the odd ball parts leftover at this point, I have an extra 2x4 plate, light stone grey with three holes. I set it aside. This was back around bag number 4. I think it may be for step 297, which would be too terribly bad, I guess.
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    Not LEGO, but I'm currently building COBI 2490 KV-2 . I'm loving these COBI sets so far.
    About a third the way done the #42070 Technic 6x6 Tow Truck.  Really enjoying it so far and looking forward to seeing it in action.  Next up, London Bus.  
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 367
    Just finished the Old Fishing Store and the Detective's Office. Really like both a lot. Detective's Office might be my favorite modular that I've completed. Close call between it and PR
    CaptainRogers
    Does virtual building count? I created "Anzio Annie" for the Brick Model Railroader contest to build something longer then 60 studs. This is is 86 studs long which is close to the prototype of 100ft.

davetheoxygenmandmcc0FowlerBricksBumblepantsdatsunrobbietallblocktoo
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 355
    Building Old Fishing Store whilst using the BnP order that arrived yesterday to finish my WV MOC and build Balloon & Flower Carts.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,581
    ecmo47 said:
    Does virtual building count? I created "Anzio Annie" for the Brick Model Railroader contest to build something longer then 60 studs. This is is 86 studs long which is close to the prototype of 100ft.

Well, yeah. It's still building! :)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,028
    Commenced building the old fishing store today.
    FowlerBricksMooreFX
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,253
    Time to build #40260 I think. 
    FowlerBricksSwamppy
  • SwamppySwamppy Hadleigh Ipswich Member Posts: 6
    after recent trip to Disney Paris thought it time to make a start on Disney castle. 3rd of the way through and enjoying it. Love to be able to afford the led light kit for it in future.

FowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77MooreFX
  • GoodCoffeeJoeyGoodCoffeeJoey Member Posts: 81
    Here's my attempt to recreate the Batchopper 'Bat Wolf' from TLBM.
    dspigelPenkid11MegtheCatbandit778SirBrickalotOfLegoFowlerBricksbluedragon
    Yep, I got side-tracked. Here's two completed BMR AC&F type 27 tank cars. I detailed the build over on EuroBricks to include a technique for the smooth railing curves.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/155883-building-bmr-freight-cars/

FowlerBricksbluedragondanstraindepotoldtodd33sid3windrPeteMMegtheCatDeeC2_Joshkiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,194
    Decided to cut open #40178 after tea this evening. Its a lovely little build with so many recognisable sections of the LEGO store incorporated into it. Just a shame the white pieces are yellowed in places and such a varied range of shades.

FowlerBricksbandit778snowhitiekiki180703tallblocktoojosekalelMooreFXMynatt
  • Robbzy88Robbzy88 Member Posts: 20
    Something I started for my Rebrick Winterwonderland entry the truck I mean, The rest is a secret for now, And now in marvelous potato-vision I proudly present my Minifig-scale modular vintage trucks.

BumblepantsbluedragonFowlerBricksMooreFXbandit778LEGO_Dad77snowhitie
  • Rsa33Rsa33 USAMember Posts: 156
    FowlerBricksdatsunrobbieAddicted2OxygenZakharMegtheCatMooreFXLEGO_Dad77
    Not today, but soon.
    ZakharSirBrickalotOfLegostarwars4everLEGO_Dad77
  • ZakharZakhar USAMember Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Purchased on Ebay because it's no longer officially available:
    Finish recording review and going to build Star Wars First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter.

chrisalddinDeeC2_Josh
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,208
    MrJackson said:
    Not today, but soon.
    Build it, you'll have fun, the builds for both have some interesting techniques in there, especially Boba's jetpack & the front of his helmet.
    xiahna
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 479
    Onto the last bags of Big Ben. Next - The Winter Train...
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,603
    VorpalRyu said:
    MrJackson said:
    Not today, but soon.
    ...Build it...
    Gasp!!!!
    davetheoxygenmanVorpalRyu
    edited November 2017
    Once I get a suitable display case, I will - I didn't get this one with the intent of flipping it. 
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenmankiki180703VorpalRyu
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Last bag of The Old Fishing Store. What a lovely build
    OnebricktoomanyPeteMMooreFXkiki180703
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90

Bought nine CMF series 15 bags from a local toy store in the weekend during the Black Friday sale. Everything in the store was 25 % off, incuding a copy of Assembly Square, but I had bought an insane amount of Lego last month so I couldn't allow myself to go all-in on that one. I did get 3 Frightening Knights though, which was a pleasant surprise and a decent substitute the discontinued Castle theme.

By the way, I heard the owner say to another customer that he would be getting "the new" Millenium Falcon. Looking forward to seeing the sheer size of it in person.

Onebricktoomanykiki180703FowlerBricksFizyxLEGO_Dad77
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    it's that time of year.
    i am working on my christmas set's.
    makeing room for them, now that is hard.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    I started building the LEGO City Volcano Supply Helicopter (Set 60123).
    LEGO_Dad77
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    And I'm done.
    Switchfoot55FowlerBricksMegtheCatLEGO_Dad77
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,431
    First draft of my Christmas project got set up last night, still needs a bit of work...

gratefulnatFowlerBricksSwitchfoot55Bumblepantsbandit778MegtheCatLittleLori
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 262
    Just following some fail safe instructions as usual
    All the up and down and turns made for poor picture quality ;-)
    MegtheCat
  • Rsa33Rsa33 USAMember Posts: 156

Fun build...unf the box came hammered upon arrival :/
    LittleLori
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,412
    About to start building... but what?

LEGO_Dad77