Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2018 Modular Rumours

Comments

• CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    Love it - could be the start of a back to the future build !
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    It's not a corner.  It's facade faces only one direction.  Also, corners have flat tiles about 7 studs wide on two perpendicular sides.  It is similar to Parisian Restaurant in style as it has a staircase on the side.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    that freaking car looks soooo bad. Love the building, but the car is useless and pink too
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,879
    Starting to warm up to this one. Once the full slate of hi-res pictures drop I will probably be all in. Especially with that sweet 60th anniversary set promo
    FizyxpharmjodM_BossSumoLegokbwkiki180703
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Starting to warm up to this one. Once the full slate of hi-res pictures drop I will probably be all in. Especially with that sweet 60th anniversary set promo
    I'd be pretty surprised if the 60th promo and the modular release overlap, which is unfortunate for people like me that have made January 1st a Modular tradition. But I guess that's what LEGO wants, since I'll be coming back to get that awesome looking set. 
    Well I am in no rush to get it day one, I always wait for an incentive to sweeten the deal. I might luck out and be in Germany during the promo period. Otherwise I will be sending it to the US and not see it for a year or two anyway.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,945
    I'm still not sure. The balcony / sign part makes the rest of the top look so small.
  • justb1justb1 Member Posts: 28
    I must say I’m not feeling the usual excitement that I do every year when the Modular is announced. It just looks a little weird to me and doesn’t quite seem to fit in with the other Modulars. My only hope is the inside is super detailed like some of the diners that didn’t pass the review stage as part of Ideas. Maybe my thoughts will change after the official announcement 
  • CryptidCryptid Milton Keynes, UKMember Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    I'm going to build this on the right of a 48x48 baseplate and then place it on the right of my Parisian Restaurant to create a 16x48 alleyway between the two buildings, thus providing a balance to the 48x32 baseplate dimensions of the Assembly Square
    BumblepantsstluxLostInTranslationeMJeeNLpharmjodLegoPondswaldkiki180703
  • TexasGalTexasGal Austin, TX, USAMember Posts: 2
    I'm confused. Could someone tell me what the 60th Anniversary promo is that's apparently really cool???
  • loyalroyalloyalroyal Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    @TexasGal It's on the bottom of the store calendar that the more recent photo came from. It's stated as being free with a $125 spend.

It consists of microscale models of sets #375, #6285, #6399, and #497.
    bgl_84
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 104
    SumoLego said:
    I'm starting to think there is a covert LEGO Designer residing in my city...

(This is a local landmark.)

Wow, that's bizarre.  The tall portion of the building is shockingly similar to a building I built a few weeks ago.  

sid3windrMooreFXKerremithridatekiki180703LittleLori
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Amazing 
    4pm uk official release?
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 396
    /throws wallet at Lego store
    Me too
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    edited November 2017
    • The spiral staircase in the back is great!
    • The boxing ring is cool.
    • The roof is clever.
    • The parking meter is a great addition.
    • The oven hood is a great part usage.
    • The recording studio walls are great!
    • The lack of symmetry on the juke box is annoying, that must be a building mistake.
    SumoLegoTheBigLegoskiwardmkiki180703
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    I'm not so thrilled with this one, unlike the last few modulars. I'll get it and build it, but display space is tight, so it may end up in a box. Perhaps when I actually have it, I will change my mind.
    Looks as if there is lots of wasted baseboard space at the back. And I'll definately change the minifig faces.
  • WolfpackBanditWolfpackBandit CanadaMember Posts: 12
    Gorgeous! I don't have any modulars due to space and $$$, but this might have to be my first one.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Definite day one purchase, Thankfully I’ve saved up enough VIP points so it doesn’t hit the Wallet as bad as last years 
    I really do like it now, even the car now that it is clear to see. I do hate the way it looks up against another modular on the left side though, will be putting a park or alley or something else there for sure. Favorite bit has got to be the dumper pieces flipped upside down for the stove hood. 
    bandit778kbwkiki180703
    • The lack of symmetry on the juke box is annoying, that must be a building mistake.
    Yes, that would look better having both sides the same, easy enough correction though.

There is a similar lack of symmetry in the tiles placed above the window arches. The top ones have a x6 piece in them, whereas the lower ones have a 2x2 and 2x4 tile, presumably they cannot use 2 1x6 tiles here as it needs to attach to the real wall one stud back. But using 3 2x2 tiles would have looked better, to keep the symmetry of the joins. Again easy enough to fix with some space 2x2 tiles.

There is also a downpipe on the upper floors, that seem to empty onto the roof section, which would then flood and empty onto anyone coming up the stairs / alley.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Had hoped the rumours were not true. It just looks ugly to me. First modular for ages which won't be a day one purchase. Now to stockpile MiniFig Head #1 just in case this is a trend rather than an aberration.
    There's only about 65000 on bricklink (including both stud recessed and blocked open), better get in quick! :-)

I imagine it will be a trend now.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    I have no modulars, but really like that one. saw an image of it floating around about a week ago but assumed it was fake because of the minifigures.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    Parisian Restaurant was one of my favorites.  Haven't build DO or Brick Bank, but from the videos I've seen I think it will be my favorite.  I disagree with his opinion of it.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,355
    It is so fluffy!!! I am gonna die!
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76kiki180703snowhitiemak0137
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    Minifigures from Market Street didn't have generic smiley faces. Not the first Modular to buck the trend. Just saying....
    SumoLegoAanchirLyichirkiki180703snowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,063
    vwong19 said:
    Minifigures from Market Street didn't have generic smiley faces. Not the first Modular to buck the trend. Just saying....
    Fisticuffs and shenanigans ensue...
    vwong19gmonkey76Switchfoot55FollowsCloselypharmjodkiki180703Rainstorm26snowhitie
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 270
    Well, nothing serious enough that bothers me here, so I'm positive this will be populating my modular street in the near future!
    When I buy this modular #10260 I will use it as a corner building. It is very versatile, you can stick it in between two other modulars, or have it on the end of your street without having a blind wall face the perpendicular street. Though I think I will chuck a green 32X32 baseplate down next to it, continue the side walk on that, and build a park with some trees, a fountain etc. on it.
    I love pretty much everything about it. The gym  on the first floor is fantastic. The diner, the recording studio; all the interior details look wonderful. I love how the minifigs have proper expressive face printing with twinkly eyes (I am not such a big fan of the 'classic' minifig face). I even like the pink 1950s/60s Cadillac Coupe de Ville (I don't know if it is supposed to be a Cadillac, but that is what it sort of resembles to me). I like TLG's design trend to have six stud wide cars, i hope two minifigs can be seated in it next to each other.
    I like the colour combo's on the building too. Yep, it looks pretty good.

pharmjodstluxsnowhitie
    So many of their products now have unique minifigs as huge part of the appeal it makes sense they decided to make them more special here too. I think in the long run it is a good change to make even if it is a bit jarring at first. 
    pharmjod
  • mapimimapimi Member Posts: 10
    Is there any chance we get double sided heads? Classic face on one side and the ones shown on the box art on the other? they all appear to have hats and all which would hide the second face
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 396
    I like that the minifigs don't have generic faces. That everybody has the same face has been the only thing I dislike about the line. Been casually looking around for different heads to use. Will make other minifigs fit into the scenes better imo. This little fella is going to be nice to have on the ropes of that boxing ring:

gmonkey76TheBigLegoskiwardmkiki180703FizyxstluxJonathanChausnowhitie
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - Offical Trailer and #10260 - Downtown Diner, Press Release on the same day; I’m going to pass out! 
    FowlerBricks
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,955
    "Sigh"

Another big set to add to the ever expanding wants list.

Really liking this one but to me the curved window side needs to be fully visible to get the full effect of the building, maybe a parking lot or something similar as it doesn't look quite right up against another building.
    bluedragonstlux
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 177
    mapimi said:
    Is there any chance we get double sided heads? Classic face on one side and the ones shown on the box art on the other? they all appear to have hats and all which would hide the second face
    At least a couple of the minifigs have double sided faced.  The musician has a smiling side and a singing side for sure. Others seem possible for just about anyone except the Diner cook - his hat wouldn't cover it.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,326
    I'm loving the "brick in a star" tiles. 
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 212
    I think they're the same ones as from the Palace Cinema?
    LyichirFollowsCloselySumoLegokiki180703
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 591
    I love it.  No complaints.  Unless...STICKERS!
  • mapimimapimi Member Posts: 10
    mapimi said:
    At least a couple of the minifigs have double sided faced.  The musician has a smiling side and a singing side for sure. Others seem possible for just about anyone except the Diner cook - his hat wouldn't cover it.
    Yeah, I saw that afterwards...oh well, I like it with or without the classic face, a new era for the modulars has begun :) 
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 486
    bandit778 said:
    "Sigh"

Another big set to add to the ever expanding wants list.

Really liking this one but to me the curved window side needs to be fully visible to get the full effect of the building, maybe a parking lot or something similar as it doesn't look quite right up against another building.
    A parking lot will be a great way to complement the set. Or maybe the recycling containers from #4206. Whatever it is I completely agree- some space on the side of the building will enhance it.
    bandit778
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,472
    DB361 said:
    I think they're the same ones as from the Palace Cinema?
    Yes they are.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,326
    Cheers. Never looked closely at PC .
    kbw said:
     This little fella is going to be nice to have on the ropes of that boxing ring:

Woowoowoowoo woo wo...
    I have a male and a female boxer from the CMF series, and there is another one (I don't have) from the British Olympic team 2012, but this one I have never seen. I can't find him in the database, from which set is this minifig?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    kbw said:
     This little fella is going to be nice to have on the ropes of that boxing ring:

Woowoowoowoo woo wo...
    I have a male and a female boxer from the CMF series, and there is another one (I don't have) from the British Olympic team 2012, but this one I have never seen. I can't find him in the database, from which set is this minifig?
    Minifigure Collection, Bricktober 2017 (TRU Exclusive)
     https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=5004941-1#T=P
    TheBigLegoskikbw
    @vwong19 ;            
    Thanks.
    I hope TLG will make more (kick)boxing minifigs with different colour gloves (black/blue/pearl gold etc.), and with printing on them too.
    Also two tone legs without shoes / with bare feet, and shorts more typical for Muay Thai / kickboxing, including prints would be fantastic. Though this last thing might be hoping for too much. Next thing everyone who is into football etc. wants minifigs from their favourite club/team etc.

Anyway back on topic: it is so incredibly cool that TLG has designed a modular with a boxing gym.
  • Bitsyww2Bitsyww2 Member Posts: 27
    I'm in love, definite first day purchase!