Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    mustang69 said:
    SumoLego said:
    mustang69 said:
    ...have my wife drop be off and just drive around...
    Better have a full tank of gas.  And a wife with patience...
    We have a Prius ;)
    So, you just gonna strap it onto the roof of the car and hope for the best? =)
    gmonkey76mustang69SumoLego
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 544
    edited November 2017
    pharmjod said:
    mustang69 said:
    SumoLego said:
    mustang69 said:
    ...have my wife drop be off and just drive around...
    Better have a full tank of gas.  And a wife with patience...
    We have a Prius ;)
    So, you just gonna strap it onto the roof of the car and hope for the best? =)
    We actually took the SUV since the in-laws were with us but it only took me about 15 minutes at most in and out. They were able to just park in a loading area and wait for me.

And with that, the falcon has landed 

I thought I would mention too, I asked the clerk (store manager) if I would still qualify for the black VIP card and she said I would. Just FYI for anyone wondering.
    HanzoFowlerBricksMegtheCatAwesomenessSumoLegoAddicted2OxygenomniumstluxBengh_Zeran
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 256
    Was just talking to CS about the Black VIP Card, and they said they had a glitch where if you had do not mail me catalogs/info that they hadn’t mailed the cards to those people. They said some people wouldn’t get their cards until the beginning of the year.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 541
    I hope that they give people who are on the [email protected] online "waiting list" the same opportunity/window of time to purchase the set.

If only they'd just send some stock to the [email protected] site then I could stop checking my email every 10 minutes...
  • zmarkellazmarkella UKMember Posts: 48
    Muftak1 said:
    I hope that they give people who are on the [email protected] online "waiting list" the same opportunity/window of time to purchase the set.

If only they'd just send some stock to the [email protected] site then I could stop checking my email every 10 minutes...
    Wishful thinking - to be honest I gave up on it.
    This will be a case study in a textbook somewhere on how not to estimate demand...
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    The biggest issue is the trickling of stock around to random stores.  No stock should be flowing to stores until backorders are filled.  None.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,132
    edited November 2017
    Hanzo said:
    The biggest issue is the trickling of stock around to random stores.  No stock should be flowing to stores until backorders are filled.  None.
    The supply chains for the wholesale and retail channels are completely independent.  (Atleast by my understanding - the stock available to [email protected] is different than what goes to their wholesale partners, including the LEGO Retail Stores.
    ...So they obviously knew there was a demand for it, but just how do you decide exactly how much demand?...
    Given all of those considerations, I think they did about as well as can be expected.
    Pre-order would have worked well for a set like this.
    Agreed - but they also wanted to create a bit of an iPhone release buzz.  (People lining up, etc.)  And if it gets people into the stores to buy other product - bonus!
    As others said: pre-order. Simple.

Since I don't live near a LEGO store, me getting my hands on one before the new year is virtually zero. (I'm not paying the scaplers.) With that, there's no black VIP card, which is another kick. Whatever the exclusive stuff is, is going to resell for extra £££, just like other exclusives.

So, sad as it is, I'll have to take my hard-earned £££ somewhere else...
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    The supply chains for the wholesale and retail channels are completely independent.  (Atleast by my understanding - the stock available to [email protected] is different than what goes to their wholesale partners, including the LEGO Retail Stores.
    Right, I don't doubt that, but I don't believe they have no way to divert stock. Instead of shipping to stores and or wholesale partners shipments should be diverted to online sales fulfillment centers. It may cause some operational headaches and cost them but it's the right thing to do IMO.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,791
    Hanzo said:
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    Right, I don't doubt that, but I don't believe they have no way to divert stock. Instead of shipping to stores and or wholesale partners shipments should be diverted to online sales fulfillment centers. It may cause some operational headaches and cost them but it's the right thing to do IMO.
    Would you feel the same way if you were a retailer waiting on a shipment?

There was a German article that indicated the Falcon was going to be available at stores other than official LEGO stores. Imagine the uproar if LEGO was fulfilling [email protected] backorders before shipping product to Target or Walmart. 
    Hanzo said:
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    Would you feel the same way if you were a retailer waiting on a shipment?

There was a German article that indicated the Falcon was going to be available at stores other than official LEGO stores. Imagine the uproar if LEGO was fulfilling [email protected] backorders before shipping product to Target or Walmart. 
    You'll remember Lego advertised the public launch of the Falcon on October 1st.  That date was touted on many mainstream news sites.....then they cancelled it, was there outrage then?  Some German article saying regular stores are getting the sets should have no bearing on this, the people who have the item backordered should get them first.  Of course retailers want them before [email protected] customers get them, but that's irrelevant.
    I remember the set went on sale to VIP members on September 14 (also widely advertised, usually right along with the public launch date) and sold out, and there was no stock left for the public launch date. People were already upset about the lack of availability before the public launch date.

There are not a lot of authorized LEGO stores selling #75192 that are not owned by LEGO, but I did find one in Singapore. They appear to be receiving sets now that people pre-ordered in September. Should [email protected] backorders get filled before these people get theirs?
    https://www.bricksworld.com/pages/ordering-ucs-millennium-falcon-75192

Stores and partners have to wait on backordered product just like anyone else. Waiting is no fun, but should be expected when backordering any product.  
    CM4S
    Let's just agree to disagree, if you think it's ok for someone to have something backordered from the manufacturer while their neighbor happens to be at the store at the right time to buy one from a random shipment then we are clearly on different pages.
    In that scenario, there is no guarantee the neighbor gets one at the store.

Mr. Backorder can always cancel the order if he gets one in the store.
    Hanzo said:
    Let's just agree to disagree, if you think it's ok for someone to have something backordered from the manufacturer while their neighbor happens to be at the store at the right time to buy one from a random shipment then we are clearly on different pages.
    I think you just identified why we are on different pages. [email protected] is a customer of LEGO manufacturing, just like all the LEGO retail stores. People place orders with [email protected], and [email protected] has to get product from LEGO manufacturing to sell it - just like Target, Amazon, and all the other retailers. That's why some sets, like Women of NASA and Saturn V, keep showing up for sale at other retailers (not scalpers) while remaining out of stock at [email protected]

ps - #21312 in stock when posted
    https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ideas-Women-21312-Building/dp/B071W77MBJ

and #21309 in stock when posted
    https://www.google.com/shopping/product/2914983516086673139?lsf=seller:8636635,store:4666875107971203312&prds=oid:13680026695349324602&q=lego+saturn+V&hl=en&ei=WZIcWpTsOerJjwSBqIDYCA&lsft=gclid:EAIaIQobChMI3q2bweff1wIVybbACh0zgA11EAQYASABEgLXbPD_BwE
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,146
    Anyone receive their black card? Nearing the end of November.  I got an email as well stating the same so just curious if we are upon it.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 321
    I see quite a few people on instagram receiving their Black VIP cards. Seems to be primarily German people at the moment:

kezomnium
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 321
    Oohh, that was unexpected, I just wanted to post 5 links!
    omnium
    Hanzo said:
    I think you just identified why we are on different pages. [email protected] is a customer of LEGO manufacturing, just like all the LEGO retail stores. People place orders with [email protected], and [email protected] has to get product from LEGO manufacturing to sell it - just like Target, Amazon, and all the other retailers. That's why some sets, like Women of NASA and Saturn V, keep showing up for sale at other retailers (not scalpers) while remaining out of stock at [email protected]
    That great but I don't believe, if instructed to, manufacturing would not prioritize [email protected] orders in this case, we aren't talking about some $25 set, we're talking about their flagship product.  This comes down to LEGO corporate simply not prioritizing VIP backorders, which is their right to do so, but that doesn't mean I have to blindly condone it. 
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 587
    edited November 2017
    I'm just wondering why the hell companies wait to release big ticket items right at the end of the year.  It just means they won't be able to sell as many for Christmas time.  Gotta make it seem like the must have toy to get so people will be fighting over it?  What percentage of parents are going to get an $800 present for their kids after Christmas?  Do they give their kids an IOU from Santa?
    PapaBear said:
    What percentage of parents are going to get an $800 present for their kids after Christmas?  Do they give their kids an IOU from Santa?
    They buy some other LEGO product now available, and get the set that was out-of-stock after Christmas.  (LEGO Minecraft; Friends Dolphin Crusier)

Hasbro did fine selling Tickle Me Elmos after the rush, as did Hatchimals, Furbys, Star Stations, Tamagouchis, Nintendo Wiis...

Retailers don't make any money on after-market hysteria.

I am still befuddled that there is an $800.00 LEGO set.
    davetheoxygenmandatsunrobbie
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 587
    ^Yea, but those aren't $800.  I know the Nintendo Wiis were selling out for the entire year after they were released and even more so during the Christmas after.

I don't know how many of these are going to be bought for kids, but part of me thinks it would be much easier for parents to get it if it was a Christmas present.  I don't know how many $800 toys are bought for kids just for getting good grades or as a surprise present.

Maybe the point is if parents are going to spend $800 on a flagship LEGO set for Chirstmas they will most likely spend a good portion of that on other LEGO sets instead.  Might as well get parents to spend money on other sets and leave the huge flagship set for diehard fans.  If they are buying this set for their kids, that will probably be the only LEGO purchase for them for Christmas.  The units will obviously sell either way and if a family is really big enough fans of the set, they will buy it anyways.

Also, I wasn't saying there was after-market hysteria, but rather hot item hysteria, which toy and electronic manufacturer's certainly do try to create.
    SumoLego
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    Haha, I dare you to do so just for the laugh...
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,650
    ^ seconded. I'd give you a freebie or a poly if I worked in store... very funny. It's got to be worth a go, even as @Adzbadboy suggests, just for a laugh!
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    @myscrnnm you just won this thread, congratulations 
    SumoLegoSwitchfoot55OrmskirkBricks
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,286
    I kind of really hope that's one of the sets that the black VIP car unlocks now :P

• GhenddGhendd NetherlandsMember Posts: 13
    I'm starting to lose hope.
    Is there any indication on the falcon returning to Shop @ Home before the end of the year...?????
    Ghendd said:
    I'm starting to lose hope.
    Is there any indication on the falcon returning to Shop @ Home before the end of the year...?????
    I doubt it... But hey, prove me wrong!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,754
    I guess the kessel run is only part of the way between Lego factory and Lego store....
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    And of course, we should all be getting our black VIP cards tomorrow, right? The last news reported from TLG was that we'd get the by the end of November...
    Kerregmonkey76Mr_Cross
    I am not really in a hurry to get my card, I mean the perks don't start till Jan 1st right?
  • shady_character19shady_character19 NottinghamMember Posts: 9
    I got the email saying my card was on its way on the 11th November and still have not received it? 
    I think these cards are coming from Denmark.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    ^ I thought they were being made in Germany, hence why some Germans are the first to get them.. maybe wrong.
    But as long as it comes before the end of 2017 then I’m happy.
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    It's a matter of principle.

First I'm told it can take up to 6 weeks after purchase of the Millennium Falcon to receive the card.

That date passed (31st of October) but on November 11th I get a personalized email stating my limited-edition, collectible VIP card is on the way and will arrive at the end of the month.

I'm expecting my card tomorrow, TLG. Nothing else short of Vader pulling up in a Lambda to tell me he's altered the deal is acceptable now.
    myscrnnmMr_Crossgmonkey76dmcc0
  • Angry_WarlockAngry_Warlock MKMember Posts: 16
    Fireheart said:
    ^ I thought they were being made in Germany, hence why some Germans are the first to get them.. maybe wrong.
    But as long as it comes before the end of 2017 then I’m happy.
    Looks like someone got their towels on the card printing machine early again. 
    Kerre
  • astarguyastarguy Member Posts: 40
    i have my MF now. thanks Nashville tn Lego store. nice to have friends in the right places. 
    kbw
    Random question - if your VIP card account had your name misspelled - you think they would issue a new card if you corrected it after recieving the first one?

Chanandler Bong...

Or maybe Han Solo will be signing up for a VIP account shortly.
    VorpalRyuAwesomenessYodalicious
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,146
    They are being made in Germany from what I recall so it all makes sense!
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    They are being made in Germany from what I recall so it all makes sense!
    I chatted with LEGO customer service today since I hadn’t gotten an email yet and I had purchased on day one. They said that they were being mailed out in batches (couldn’t tell me how they batched them, if it was purchase date or name, or something else) but did say they were printed in Germany.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 256
    edited November 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Random question - if your VIP card account had your name misspelled - you think they would issue a new card if you corrected it after recieving the first one?

Chanandler Bong...

I quickly changed mine 2 days after I bought the falcon when I realized that your name would be on the card. Hoping that my change is on the card.
    SumoLego
    M_Boss said:
    SumoLego said:
    I quickly changed mine 2 days after I bought the falcon when I realized that your name would be on the card. Hoping that my change is on the card.
    I'll be happy to take that worthless, extra 'Seymour Butts' card when you get a replacement with the correct name.
    M_BossTyresOFlahertyYodalicious
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    M_Boss said:
    SumoLego said:

Chanandler Bong...

I kind of wish I changed the name of my LEGO ID to my Username. I think it would be pretty weird to see someone using an online username rather than their actual name.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,650
    I'm looking forward to receiving mine, but more looking forward to finding out what the exclusive promotions are going to be.
    omnium
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    I’ve been told by customer services I should receive my black card in mid December. 
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 547
    Folks, dont know if this helps many outside of the UK, but here's what I was told yesterday. Stores in the UK (official LEGO) will not be getting anymore in store before 2018. They advised that OnLine is the place to get the next set of stock. Now, whether that is filling back orders or it will show up again for sale soon, who knows. HTH anyone in the UK

And, for what it's worth, I also agree that back orders should be filled before any retailer (LEGO store or otherwise) gets any new stock. The demand was unprecedented and LEGO didnt cater for it. The cost of the set was the tricky bit, they dodnt know how many ppl would pay for it. I was also told ppl were only buying one, very few bought two or more or could get hold of two or more at the time meaning that very few were sold on/held on to. But, I cant help but wonder, how many ppl bought them, who are non LEGO fans, just trying to get on the resale bandwagon and know how much the old one was worth and are chancing it. But, just my opinion. My neighbor, non LEGO fan, said if he couls have bought one, he would have to flip for a profit.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,149
    I'm sure a lot of the Falcons being sold were were from people who legitimately purchased a Falcon for themselves, but then can't pass up the opportunity to sell it on if it means it'll subsidise the cost of a future Falcon replacement by 50%. Thats exactly what happened with me. I was soooooo excited to line up before the store opened on September 14th to get my hands on one. A couple of weeks later it had just joined my pile of unopened Lego waiting to be built, so I figured I might as well pass it on and I'd have the excitement of purchasing a new Falcon all over again in a few weeks. At the end of the day, anyone who wants a Falcon in the next few years will get one. Maybe not today, but they will get one. It's just a shame Lego didn't make enough stock to fulfil pre-Christmas demand.
    PapaBearGooker1Fizyxnicoyagomez