Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF The Lego Batman Movie Series 2

Comments

• monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    I really don’t think these are any weaker than the first series in my opinion. I wasn’t too impressed with those, so these aren’t too bad for me. Some of these characters you know you won’t see elsewhere ever, so that’s cool. 

As others have said though, Lego Batman has come and gone. I enjoyed it while here, but it’s run it’s course. I’m interested in seeing what the other sets look like coming out in 2018, but they too are a little late to the party. 
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Man, in surprised at the negativity!
    The moment I saw the Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Black Canary, Hugo Strange, Killer Moth and Clock King, I knew I'd have to buy into this set.

FowlerBricksCM4SSumoLegoJooTogLEGO_Dad77kiki180703Pitfall6977ncaachamps
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    If we have to get the Wonder Twins, at least they could of gave us Gleek. Think my favorite has to be Black Canary then Vacation Joker.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,601
    edited November 2017
    I don't think these are weak figures especially if you're into Super Heroes. I think it is a bit too late to release them though. I see the first series languishing on the shelves at most stores and you can even buy a sealed case of the first series on  Ebay for $125 US with free shipping. With all of that in mind it doesn't look to like series 2 will be a huge seller. 
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    I read somewhere in another thread where someone compared this series to the Simpsons S2 minifigures. While I don't think it's quite that bad, the timing for a second TLBM series just seems odd...almost 1 year after the movie was released AND after the Christmas season is over. Makes me wonder it they plan to release a second Ninjago series as well.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 934
    I read somewhere in another thread where someone compared this series to the Simpsons S2 minifigures. While I don't think it's quite that bad, the timing for a second TLBM series just seems odd...almost 1 year after the movie was released AND after the Christmas season is over. Makes me wonder it they plan to release a second Ninjago series as well.
    What timing would you consider better? Do it any sooner, and you risk "franchise fatigue" warding off fans of the classic "themeless" series. Wait until later, and not only do you still miss the holiday shopping window, but you risk fan engagement with the movie tapering off TOO much. By waiting a year to release the second Lego Batman Movie series, they could keep things varied by releasing a regular "themeless" series and the Lego Ninjago Movie series in between, while still hopefully capitalizing on the theme's popularity.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    I think timing it with the dvd/blu ray release would have made more sense, but that’s just me
    oldtodd33gmonkey76Farmer_JohnSumoLegosid3windrMynatt
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    People’s view on when is the right time is subjective. I trust that Lego have an experienced team who know when they should release certain sets etc. For me I think it’s a good time to release along with the other sets. I for one have been kept interested with the entire series...
    Lyichir said:
    What timing would you consider better? Do it any sooner, and you risk "franchise fatigue" warding off fans of the classic "themeless" series.                         
    They should have done it 6 months ago. People have forgotten about the movie by now.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Wait until later, and not only do you still miss the holiday shopping window, but you risk fan engagement with the movie tapering off TOO much.                                 
    With a release date of January 2018 I'm pretty sure they have missed the Christmas shopping season. You know, like before Christmas.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 934
    Shib said:
    I think timing it with the dvd/blu ray release would have made more sense, but that’s just me
    The issue there is that that happened in May, the same month as Minifigures Series 17. So timing Batman Series 2 for that time frame would functionally result in releasing it right after the previous Lego Batman Movie series. That might not fly well with fans of the collectible minifigures (not all of whom would necessarily be fans of the Lego Batman Movie), and probably wouldn't make retailers too happy either, since it would not stand out as fresh, new, and different from the leftover packs from the previous series the way the "themeless" Series 17 would.
    Aanchir
    ^ There still are plenty of left over packs from series 1 dying on the shelves now. How is that any different? 
    gmonkey76Farmer_John
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,765
    I wonder if they know / care about things like dvd release dates anyway, when planning set release dates. The cinema release they care about, tying in for DVDs doesn't seem to matter.

Farmer_John
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,921
    edited November 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Another TLBM Series seems too little, too late. The Lego Batman Movie is long gone...that train has left the station. I'm looking forward to the next regular series of collectable minifigures.
    One would think S2 would have coincided with the DVD release?  (That may have been too close, and stepped on the toes of TLNM.)

Either way, I agree.  A most curious choice.  Maybe they thought they missed an opprotunity by not doing a S2 for TLM?
    I think to a certain extent they're counting on the timelessness of the Batman brand to drive demand. There never seems to be any shortage of demand for Batman sets, whether they tie in with a current movie or not.
    datsunrobbieSumoLego
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ateague said:
    People’s view on when is the right time is subjective. I trust that Lego have an experienced team who know when they should release certain sets etc.
    Or not...if it's the same brilliant team that decided to release a second round of Simpsons CMFs.

Aanchir said:
    I think to a certain extent they're counting on the timelessness of the Batman brand to drive demand. There never seems to be any shortage of demand for Batman sets, whether they tie in with a current movie or not.
    I agree that Batman is something a lot of people like and collect; however, TLBM is more or less a parody of Batman and that's not the same thing. My kids collect Batman-themed  minifigures and really enjoyed TLBM, but they've definitely lost interest in the TLBM-themed sets already. I showed them the TLBM S2 minifig poster and they had no interest in any of them, although they still like the other non-TLBM themed Batman sets. And like @oldtodd33 said, there are a lot of TLBM sets (including S1 CMFs) that just aren't moving off the shelves out there.
    Or not...if it's the same brilliant team that decided to release a second round of Simpsons CMFs.

I don't think it was the timing or the existence of the second series of the Simpsons that was the problem, it was the contents. Repeats of the five family members plus a load of characters that were minor compared to missing ones (Edna instead of Skinner, etc).

I agree that Batman is something a lot of people like and collect; however, TLBM is more or less a parody of Batman and that's not the same thing. My kids collect Batman-themed  minifigures and really enjoyed TLBM, but they've definitely lost interest in the TLBM-themed sets already.
    Same here. Some of the parts are useful but the multitude of Batman suits became a bit too whacky (although it's a good thing there aren't many here).
    CCC said:
    I wonder if they know / care about things like dvd release dates anyway, when planning set release dates. The cinema release they care about, tying in for DVDs doesn't seem to matter.

Might also have been to do with release dates varying in different countries.

I’ve been thinking about it and I’d really have preferred all the main cast Friends are Family variants in the CMF line (Batman, Alfred, Robin, Batgirl & Joker) and use the manor for something else - mainly because I want the FaF figs and can’t justify the cost of the Jokers Manor set.

Harley’s inclusion annoys me because it makes me want the matching Catwoman and Poison Ivy so feels like another incomplete set.

I could have lived without the beachwear figures, they are fine and have a few nice parts, but as individual figures they aren’t particularly interesting versions of those characters to me.

I know there might have been a licensing issue or something but had they included an Agent Smith, Flying Monkey and Evil Gremlin (without Stripe’s Mohican style hair tuft) then there would be 3 army builder characters to sell multiples.
    LuLegoLEGO_Dad77
    Shib said:

I’ve been thinking about it and I’d really have preferred all the main cast Friends are Family variants in the CMF line (Batman, Alfred, Robin, Batgirl & Joker) and use the manor for something else - mainly because I want the FaF figs and can’t justify the cost of the Jokers Manor set.

I guess that is where they have done their planning. Split them, and make you feel you must buy the set.
    ^and I realise that’ll work on plenty of people, but I’m not one of them, I simply won’t spend beyond my means just for some sort of feeling of completion.
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141
    Comics-wise, there are still a couple of 'top-tier' rogues, missing from Batman's Lego Gallery. I reckon it's just a matter of time before Mad-Hatter, Black-Mask and Solomon Grundy are released.
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 83
    Darkly delighted about the Killing Joke-esque Joker, there.

Black Canary is my absolute must get, but I need the Wonder Twins and Apache Chief for the cheeky nostalgia. I'll end up getting most of these, less for the movie tie-in and more to round out my DC shelf. Jor-El, Zod, Black Lightning, Hugo Strange. I never thought I'd see any of these except Canary.

That hooded Batgirl looks fun, though. Is that a new hood piece?
    MattPetersen
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 839
    Darkly delighted about the Killing Joke-esque Joker, there.

Black Canary is my absolute must get, but I need the Wonder Twins and Apache Chief for the cheeky nostalgia. I'll end up getting most of these, less for the movie tie-in and more to round out my DC shelf. Jor-El, Zod, Black Lightning, Hugo Strange. I never thought I'd see any of these except Canary.

That hooded Batgirl looks fun, though. Is that a new hood piece?
    Looks like it, it's got bat-ears!
    PatsyWalker
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 534
    I really want the vacation (Killing Joke) Joker to go with my vacation Batman. Other than that, the Harley Quinn and maybe the Batman with the dolphin are others I will get.
    PatsyWalker
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    Zod and Jor El are odd inclusions but look great - same for all the Super Friends characters and Canary. The variant Batman and co are good enough but as usual its the random villains (hellllooo Clock King!) where the line really shines.
    PatsyWalker
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    Definitely looks looks the easiest series to feel for in a while...i will be getting them only because i bought the 1st series..still not sure why though...
    PatsyWalker
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    ^Love the construction worker!

I wish I could have found some of these display cases at my Wal-Mart(s).
    SumoLego77ncaachampsKingAlanI
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,697
    MegtheCat said:
    ^Love the construction worker!

I wish I could have found some of these display cases at my Wal-Mart(s).
    Have you tried Brickseek?
    https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=291102557

MegtheCat
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    richl said:
    Zod and Jor El are odd inclusions but look great - same for all the Super Friends characters and Canary. 
    I don't see why they're strange. 
    They're all in the movie.
    so anything In the movie is game. 

I agree that the obscure villains are where this series really shines!!!
    77ncaachamps
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    Shib said:
    CCC said:

Might also have been to do with release dates varying in different countries.

Harley’s inclusion annoys me because it makes me want the matching Catwoman and Poison Ivy so feels like another incomplete set.

I could have lived without the beachwear figures, they are fine and have a few nice parts, but as individual figures they aren’t particularly interesting versions of those characters to me.

I know there might have been a licensing issue or something but had they included an Agent Smith, Flying Monkey and Evil Gremlin (without Stripe’s Mohican style hair tuft) then there would be 3 army builder characters to sell multiples.
    We’d all probably like this, but it’s not financially smart for Lego. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,211
    I'm a sucker that bought the crappy frames.  So those printed bases are for the birds!
    vizzitorBumblepantsYodalicious
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 210
    edited December 2017
    Those baseplates don't look quite right to me. They look more like the ones you find with cheap copies as the studs look indented rather than flat with the Lego stamp, though this could be down to the image. I personally wouldn't be too happy with a baseplate change just for this series as it would look out of place in my collection (and finding 20 baseplates to replace those for the first series would not be easy).
    catwrangler
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    A nice touch on the base plates, but I won’t store mine on them
    vizzitor
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,211
    monkyby87 said:
    Shib said:
    We’d all probably like this, but it’s not financially smart for Lego. 
    Exclusive minifgures in expensive sets?  When did this happen?!?!

(Oh wait, from the beginning.  And this is why LEGO sells billions of dollars worth of product.)
    davetheoxygenmanKingAlanI
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    Anyone know if @MinifiguresPlus is selling set of these? I haven't seen anything yet.
    rd1899madforLEGOMegtheCatjosekalel
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Not a fan of the decorated baseplates; they become a limited use part like that.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,701
    ^I find it cool. It makes it more exclusive and fun.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,716
    @elspankdog - if you ever run short of the minifig plates, I have about a gazillion going spare so would happily spot you some.
    FowlerBricksOnebricktoomany
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 606
    I enjoy the decorated plates. They helped add some detail to the GB and German soccer player stands. What I think would have been cool was if there were color coordinated plates from the beginning of the series. Have series one with yellow stands, series two blue stands, etc. I would have been also happy to have them printed with Series 1 or something of the sort.
    ricecakeFowlerBricksMegtheCatFizyxOnebricktoomanyvizzitordatsunrobbie
    I'm glad standard series have plain black as they are good for building roofs. But I don't mind printed ones for licensed series, especially if just a logo Ike this. They'll be handy for decorations in mocs.
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76YodaliciousOnebricktoomanyKingAlanI
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 197
    gmonkey76 said:
    Anyone know if @MinifiguresPlus is selling set of these? I haven't seen anything yet.
    Yes! We are taking pre-orders for the boxes and sets. The box price is $208 and the set price is $69.99. Please message us with your pay-pal e-mail address so that we may send an invoice for the order. We are looking forward to it!
    ChubblesFizyxgmonkey76FowlerBricksrd1899madforLEGOcanon03
    gmonkey76 said:
    Yes! We are taking pre-orders for the boxes and sets. The box price is $208 and the set price is $76.49. Please message us with your pay-pal e-mail address so that we may send an invoice for the order. We are looking forward to it!

edited December 2017
    Our pricing is:

Box $208
    Set $76

Sorry for the confusion. We had a little miscalculation. I will honor the original price for those who already ordered. Thanks!
    dmcc0ChubblesFowlerBricks
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited December 2017
    I should have mentioned - limit of 8 per customer YMMV
  • ElkkthunderElkkthunder Member Posts: 48
    dolphins and jokers seem to go first from what I have seen. 
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,287

Both Black Canary and Disco suit Harley get alternate faces; closed eyes and singing for the former, and a cheeky grin for the latter.
    sid3windrvizzitor
  • AnnaBuildsLegoAnnaBuildsLego IrelandMember Posts: 11
    Does any feel guide exist yet? I'm hoping to get Zan for some custom stuff, Jor-El, Zod, Black Canary, and maybe a Tropical Joker.
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    joker should be same as beach batman from series 1.  Just feel for the inflatable ducky
    that alternate face for Black Canary is brilliant - so so much for singing if you ask me, but looks more like the canary cry.

I can see a lot of people who prefer to build with fleshier wanting multiples of that face though