Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Kinda random, but I discovered during my cleaning that I have 2 Captain Redbeard minifigs. No clue how that happened as I thought he was only in this set
The craziness of the generosity for Secret Santa was staggering until I reread it using the actual words typed.
As someone who couldn't decide in time and missed the Secret Santa deadline, it's still very generous.
Okay, so I'm late to the party...
1. what LEGO themes do you collect? Nexo Knights, TLBM, some Star Wars, DC & Marvel SuperHeroes, and whatever else catches my fancy.
2. How big is your collection? 554 sets, which includes a lot of CMFs, books & various non-sets
3. what is your favorite minifigure? I'll say Lester at the moment. It's really hard to pick just one because I after all started out as a minifigure collector.
4. what is your favorite set? Saturn V. I was lucky to be able to line up for it on release day
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? Women of NASA
6. how do you display your collection? On various surfaces around the house, including the fireplace mantel. I desperately need shelves - cat proof shelves.
7. how do you dust your collection? Umm...dusting:(
8. how do you store your spare parts? Badly.
9. what else do your collect? Apparently Funko Pops - I was holding at 7 but have recently added some of the new TLJ ones. Chewbacca holding a Porg is too cute! Also Hallmark's Itty Bittys (I tried to stop but then they went and made a set for TWD).
10. what are you reading right now? Ken Follett's newest book at home & and a terrible Dean Koontz book at work. I need something I can easily stop reading since I only have 30 minutes for lunch.
Jk lol Glad I didn't wait and bought it when it first came out.
We start planning the next 2 shows on Monday!
She had some great ideas which we built together. It ended up as an overgrown one sided tunnel!
She actually won both “Most Creative” and “Best Craftsmanship” in the Adult age bracket, but that’s not as impressive as it sounds since I was the only person to submit anything in that age bracket… the only other adults to enter did so as an adult/child team, which has its own separate age bracket. I did get a lot of positive feedback for her, though, including from the museum director!
Oh what the hell.
1. what LEGO themes do you collect? Mainly Star Wars, City if I like the set, Creator. If I like the set I’ll buy it from themes I don’t really look at. IE Destinys Bounty, Temple of Airjitzu and very soon Ninjago City.
2. how big is your collection? Probably around 200 sets or so.
3. what is your favorite minifigure? Jyn Erso from the U wing set.
4. what is your favorite set? Grand Emporium.
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? Creator Carousel
6. how do you display your collection? Sort of hidden away in my attic at the moment so not really on display out in the open.
7. how do you dust your collection? My attic gets little to no dust thankfully.
8. how do you store your spare parts? Big box for old parts and spare bags from sets for all the small extra pieces.
9. what else do your collect? Video games, movies, you could say books. I don’t really consider myself a collector of things but I do seem to collect a fair few things.
10. what are you reading right now? Nothing. Have 1984 ready to go just need to find time.
That happened to me! I had to ask Lego to send me a cape as my box didn't have one (It's on the main picture though). I mentioned it here (http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/545628/#Comment_545628) but didn't have an explanation until now. Thanks @FowlerBricks !
That leaves the train and the station for our nominated Christmas assembly (tree, decorations, etc) day. :) Very much looking forward to having all four at the bottom of the tree!
I still have lots of bags left to sort, but I reckon I got through at least 80% of the whole lot - some of which has been needing to be sorted for over a year.
However at least I got an extra stamp in my Lego passport, and got to say hi to the resident Stormtrooper:
Or inexplicably not showing that Superman isn't really dead. (Although, apparently, he has some sort of rock levitating cameo in the Last Jedi.)
Attended my first LUG meeting this evening.
Not sure myelf, I was the one who was in white / cream, both shirt and trousers.
Fabulous work, you should be very proud of yourself!
Seems Warren Elsemore's Brick Wonders show is coming to the Forum in a couple of weeks.
Last few days we are starting to get everything ready for my son's 'Lego party' next week. Just did a trial run of the cake - well just the cake, not all the decorations, just wanted to make sure it tasted good (that's my story gvnor and I'm sticking to it).
I thought making little party-favours would be easy since we got a ton of bricks. but to find something little, gender-neutral, was more difficult than I thought. In the end I used on of the builds of last years Xmas build-up.
They will also get some jelly sweets in the shape of lego men (well, if I can make that but it doesn't look too difficult).
The plan for the party is, everyonee gets their own baseplate and a bag with some animals (2 tigers, some dolphins, a whole load of petting animals) and then they get buidling. I4ve tiled the outsides of each baseplate so that in the end it will come together in a square and we'll have fully formed zoo. The entrance I was thinking of pre-building, but with plenty of room for extra things to be added to by whoever wants.
Just hope there won't be too many arguments about who gets which animal.
I'm also planning on baking cookies in the shape of legomen (beforehand) that they can decorate and take home. I'll also provide a colouring station.
My son enjoys a quiz as well, so I might do that, but don't want to 'overload' the party either. They are 7/8 so can enjoy themselves as well.
Any tips are welcome!
I *may* have bought this for the 70s Giant Man minifigure. I hope this game is bug-free.