Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset Bonus Ball 11/11/2017 Goldchains Edition

I pity the fool that don't enter my sweepstakes!

This week, it is my turn to pay it forward, into what has become a tradition.  All thanks to the generosity and kindness of @bendybadger who started this for us. Thank you.

This weeks winner will receive their choice of one of two prize packs!  You can either win a Batman prize pack, including #5004928 Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman, #5004929 Batman Battle Pod, #30522 Batman in the Phantom Zone, and #30524 Batwing.  Or a City/Ninjago prize pack, including #5004940 City Jungle Minifigure Collection, #5004932 Travel Building Suitcase, #30608 Kendo Lloyd, and #5002144 Dareth vs Nindroid.  It will be your choice.

So, I've always been a huge television fan, and have always had a favorite show or shows that I watched religiously.  In the 80s, it was A-Team(of course).  In the 90s, I would always watch Beavis and Butthead, Seinfeld, and Law and Order.  Now I find myself always watching American Pickers whenever it is on, even if it is already one I have seen before.  So here is your question:  What television show or shows have been your favorite throughout the years?

Thanks! 

ricecakebandit778SeijiAmasawaLobotstluxSirBenvizzitorLittleLoriTXLegoguysnowhitieGothamConstructionCodonutboyLego_Star

Comments

• MeadleMeadle UKMember Posts: 84
    Knight Rider. Who doesn't want a talking car??
    GoldchainsvizzitorTXLegoguyGothamConstructionCo
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Several British comedies - really sad that they're so hard to find here:  Chef! , Waiting for God, Good Neighbors, Vicar of Dilby, Fawlty Towers ... the list goes on.
    GoldchainsSeijiAmasawasnowhitie
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 301
    Mac Gyver, Airwolf, A-Team when I was a child.
    Friends when growing up.
    Nowadays I love to watch House, Sherlock and Narcos.
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,926
    Knight Rider and CHiPs.
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • thenateraterthenaterater UtahMember Posts: 12
    edited November 2017
    I really enjoy the television series Psych!
    GoldchainsdonutboyMynatt
  • janscjansc The Netherlands Member Posts: 60
    Coupling. The UK version.
    GoldchainsToc13snowhitie
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,077
    I watch very little television- the 6 Nations & the TdF is about it.
    When it was on (& I do have the dvds now), it was Babylon 5. Still to be surpassed as a SF series owing to it's multi-arc approach
    Goldchains
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    When I was at school, I would always watch The Crystal Maze, Gamesmaster, and Robot Wars. They were guaranteed to be the talk of the playground the following morning. The fact that two of them have been resurrected for TV today is testament to their awesomeness! :)

Another thing I remember was Interceptor, which seemed cutting edge for its time. But after watching a few episodes on YouTube recently, I can understand why it didn't get a second series! It was basically a guy in a helicopter trying to "zap" two contestants with a laser to lock their backpacks, one of which had £1,000 of cash in it. As a kid, it was jolly exciting; but looking back, it was obviously even more staged than The Apprentice and Hunted are today.
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Twin Peaks.
    Goldchainsdonutboy
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Shows I could always re-watch: Roseanne, Community, Game of Thrones and so many more.
    GoldchainsSeijiAmasawavizzitor
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 314
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a kid, Futurama as a big kid...
    GallardoLUGoldchainsvizzitorWookie2GothamConstructionCo
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Doctor Who, Futurama, Bleach, and when i was younger Pokemon.
    GoldchainsSeijiAmasawavizzitor
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 871
    It's too hard to choose. I'm sorry, I'm going to have to kill you for even asking this question.

Like @cmrt1014 I love most British comedy, particularly pre 2000s stuff made by the BBC. If I was condemned to watch only one show for the rest of eternity, it would probably have to be Only Fools & Horses.
    GoldchainssnowhitieGothamConstructionCo
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,114
    The Fall Guy, Battlestar Galactica (original version), Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Airwolf and The Muppet Show from my younger years.

Lucifer, Family Guy and American Dad are my only staple diet for TV viewing these days although I have just finished watching the first season of The Exorcist on prime and I do enjoy binge watching things like Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. 

The only thing that has been continuous through it all though is Doctor Who. Watched it then, still watch it now.
    GoldchainsLego_Star
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I don't watch too much TV anymore, but in my younger days I watched a lot of Dragon Ball Z, Transformers, Kids in the Hall, Simpsons, Futurama, etc.
    Goldchains
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 401
    I've been watching This Old House for over 30 years. 
    GoldchainsSeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    I grew up with Only Fools and Horses and can recite an episode line for line.

Thanks for hosting, @Goldchains  
    Goldchainssnowhitie
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 925
    GI Joe as a kid
    Family Ties and Cheers as a teen
    Sopranos as an adult
    Goldchains
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 519
    I remember coming home from school in the 80’s and watching Monkey or The Water Margin. Also Buck Rogers. Mysterious Cities of Gold and Ulysses 31. Currently Game of Thrones
    GoldchainsToc13
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,580
    In the 80s it was Dukes of Hazzard, Knightrider, Streethawk, Airwolf, Bluethunder, Manimal, CHiPS and The A Team. Most watched from the sofa with my older brother and burger, chips and beans for tea on a tray. Then Blackadder, Monty Python, Dr Who and Red Dwarf

In the 90s it was The Bill, LA Law, ER, The X Files, Quantum Leap and Top Gear.

Nowadays I tend to watch Big Bang Theory, Salvage Hunters and the odd cookery program!

Thanks for hosting @Goldchains

GoldchainssukhvizzitorGothamConstructionCo
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 971
    Simpsons, Friends, Big Bang Theory and, more recently, Gotham :-) 
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Shameless and bob's burgers 
    Goldchains
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    Spitting image as a kid, so I could go the school and reinact the funniest bits (some/most of which I didn't understand fully at the time). But now, sucker for deadliest catch and definitely gold rush, but not totally sure why.
    Goldchains
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,909
    edited November 2017
    Favorite television shows...

Seinfeld, As Time Goes By, Homicide: Life on the Street, Futurama and Firefly.

I watch atleast one episode of one those five every week.  And I still love the People's Court.
    SeijiAmasawaGoldchainsvizzitorGothamConstructionCo
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Red Dwarf fan here. Hard to believe the first episode was way back in 1988. 
    GoldchainsSumoLegovizzitorWookie2bandit778snowhitieLobot
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 227
    As Time Goes By, Roseanne, The X-Files (w Duchovny), Poirot, Arthur, Case Closed/Detective Conan
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,162
    A-Team and Knightrider were definitely an early addiction, but my earliest memory of TV are things like Flash Gordon and The Adventures of Superman.
    The Mary Whitehouse Experience was important in my late teens.
    Current joy is Detectorists, which returned last night to BBC four. With my kids my all time favourite is Sarah and Duck.

Thanks @Goldchains.
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    Something more recent - arrow! Loved season 1 and 2, fought through 3 and 4 and loved 5 and 6 so far.
    Goldchains
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,714
    Mainly comedy for me

Young Ones / Filthy, Rich and Catflap / Bottom
    Blackadder
    Peep Show and The Inbetweeners (UK rather than US but I've watched them all!)
    The Office (UK and US, liked them both)

Old favourites ...
    Fawlty Towers
    Reggie Perrin
    Rising Damp
    Porridge
    Only Fools and Horses
    Dad's Army

Something a bit different that I've recently watched again after many years ... Tales of the Unexpected (Roald Dahl). Brilliant series.
    SumoLegoGoldchainssukhvizzitorMr_CrossGothamConstructionCo
  • toftof Member Posts: 147
    battle star galactica :)
    GoldchainsMr_Cross
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 772
    Oh man, Home Improvement, Batman The Animated Series, Archer, Family Guy, Monday Night Raw and (Day Flavor of the week) Smackdown...probably many more...but too excited over the potential prize packs!!!  Thanks for running this!
    Goldchains
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 860
    Any of the David Attenborough things.  Love the current Blue Planet series!
    GoldchainsvizzitorMr_Cross
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    So many British comedies some mentioned above but more well known internationally I'll go for the X-files
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 571
    Myth Busters and This is Us
    Goldchains
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,674
    Seeing as the only shows I've ever watched was bits of Clone Wars and Rebels, I have to go with those!
    GoldchainsM_Boss
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 743
    Same as @thebeermonkey - Twin Peaks. Both old and new. Otherwise, maybe Chris Morris shows, Brass Eye & The Day Today. There's a lot of shows I like.
    Goldchainsthebeermonkey
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,318
    'Allo 'Allo! was a favourite when I was a kid. "I will say this only once!" And lots of anime thanks Club Dorothée on TF1. Was quite interesting to find out later that a lot of the titles had been changed. Space Pirate Captain Harlock is still Albator to me...

Favourite series these days are BoJack Horseman and Rick and Morty.

However my all time favourite is Macross and it's various incarnations. Not necessarily the best anime, but I very much like the combo of mechs, space battles, but most important music. With Macross 7 probably having the best songs, even though you will hear the 1st song a lot before they finally expand their set list!
    I first discovered Macross in the 90's, and still looking forward to every reboot/sequel.

Thanks @goldchains for organising this week!
    snowhitie
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 256
    80's: A-Team, Knight Rider, He-man, Magnum PI, Final Score on BBC on Saturdays just to call out the scores in the same tone as the voiceover.

Early/mid 90's: Turtles, WWF, Simpsons, Quantum Leap, Star Trek TNG, Superman, Animaniacs, Fast Show, Bottom, X-Files, Match of the Day.

Later: Sopranos, Peep Show, Family Guy, Futurama, The Office, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones everything Attenborough.

So many others I obsessed over but that's too many already.
    GoldchainsGothamConstructionCo
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    Just.  So.  Many.   TV's more my thing than movies are.  If I had to pick an all time favourite,  I'd probably say Buffy/Angel.   Currently binging on The Vampire Diaries (yes, there's a theme.   No, I do not like Twilight).
    GoldchainsWookie2snowhitieLostInTranslationstluxMaffyD
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Antique Roadshow occasionally.
    Goldchains
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 197
    Only Fools & Horses; Battlestar Galactica; House; The Simpson's; & more recently Game of Thrones.
    Goldchainsvizzitor
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 686
    The Flash
    GoldchainsFowlerBricks
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 249
    edited November 2017
    Since I’m a Star Wars fan I gotta go with the Clone Wars TV series.
    FowlerBricksGoldchains
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 116
    Community! And parks and recreation.
    GoldchainsSeijiAmasawa
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 584
    The Office was real good when I first watched it and it has continued to be an excellent stand by whenever I don’t know what to watch. Parks and recreation is close behind that.

This year I have gone through Breaking Bad as well as just having got up to date on Better Call Saul and found those to be excellent as well. Can’t wait for future seasons!

Elementary, Psych, and Monk have been detective shows I have really enjoyed.

As of this week I just finished Stranger Things season two and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Goldchains
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 150
    Teddy Ruxpin, Dogtanion, Neighbours - Fr. Ted, The Simpsons, Red Dwarf -  Family Guy, Mrs. Browns Boys, Law & Order SVU, The Missing
    Goldchains
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    The Simpsons was must-see for me for almost 15 years. 
    Goldchains
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,177
    Game of thrones and walking dead!
    Goldchains
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 481
    The Office (US)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goldchains
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 281
    Arrested Development, The Office, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Tennessee Tuxedo, Underdog
    Goldchains