Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    Panic over! As soon as I started to build bag-4 it became apparent I'd missed a whole bag somewhere. A quick rummage through the cardboard boxes brought up a small bag-4 I'd missed with mostly grey pieces and lo and behold.. Leia's head was there!!
    SirBrickalotOfLegoCM4SMegtheCatJohnyk668Switchfoot55FowlerBricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    samiam391 said:
    And then I’ll hop aboard my real millennium falcon and blast off into space. Because... the future.
    Where'd you get a real millenium falcon?!?!?  Here I am stuck with my dinky Delorean Time Machine.  Always a day late and a dollar short.
    brickventures
  • Angry_WarlockAngry_Warlock MKMember Posts: 16
    SumoLego said:
    samiam391 said:
    And then I’ll hop aboard my real millennium falcon and blast off into space. Because... the future.
    Where'd you get a real millenium falcon?!?!?  Here I am stuck with my dinky Delorean Time Machine.  Always a day late and a dollar short.
    Jakku
    FowlerBricks
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    So is there another thread about the supposed mid Feb 2018 UCS SSD we can speculate in?
    FollowsCloselyFireheartwaynlewis
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,983
    Hanzo said:
    So is there another thread about the supposed mid Feb 2018 UCS SSD we can speculate in?
    Who is supposing that? Seems like the old one just retired. I would expect a regular Star Destroyer before a Super as that one has been gone for ages and needs a redesign.
    monkeyhanger
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    edited November 2017
    ^ I like the sound of that rumour.. I wonder if that is what @BrickCommander was referring to “ to be replaced by SOMETHING BIG and SOMETHING EVEN MUCH, MUCH BIGGER” when talking about Rogue One sets..
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    Heard the same thing about SSD, maybe mid-Feb. for VIPs??
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    @Fireheart - I believe Hans was referring to #75190 First Order Star Destroyer when he mentioned 'SOMETHING BIG' while 'SOMETHING EVEN MUCH, MUCH BIGGER' alludes to #75159 Millennium Falcon.
    waynlewisBumblepantsAanchirTyresOFlahertygmonkey76CM4SBengh_Zeran
    @Fireheart - I believe Hans was referring to #75190 First Order Star Destroyer when he mentioned 'SOMETHING BIG' while 'SOMETHING EVEN MUCH, MUCH BIGGER' alludes to #75159 Millennium Falcon.
    And I have been hoping for another big set Star Wars release in the very near future... I suppose I should just be happy with the Millennium Falcon.

:)

• HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Hanzo said:
    Who is supposing that? Seems like the old one just retired. I would expect a regular Star Destroyer before a Super as that one has been gone for ages and needs a redesign.
    Some guy on reddit, apparently the same guy that gets a lot of things right, like the Taj Mahal re-release.
    ^ So did I :)
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 36
    Same here. No additional details on the offers but glad to know they are being sent out.
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    Should we add fuel to the fire that we might get a new ISD seeing as they are pictured? 
    PapaBear
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, mine's apparently on the way too (Purchase in DE on launch day)! Edit: Just noticed the mail does say will arrive at the end of this month

I also noticed more and more retailers in Benelux now have placeholders for #75192:

Fun.be:

Mr Bricks.nl

Brickshop.nl:

stlux
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 410
    Black VIP card is on the way. Woo
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited November 2017
    Got my Black Card email too. Day 1 hour 2, received after on 15 Oct order.
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 530
    Had the email as well
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 410
    willp2003 said:
    Should we add fuel to the fire that we might get a new ISD seeing as they are pictured? 
    Thought about that too. Wonder if that's a hint to a 2018 benefit (early release/access)?
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 255
    Same email :)!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    LOL third site, first picture on the bottom, I made that! 
    SMCMynattM_BossBumblepantsKerreAddicted2Oxygendmcc0Bengh_Zeran
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,475
    Same e-mail here too. Intrigued to know what the exclusive offers are going to be.
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 40
    Got the email and I was thinking it would be nice if they sent the first offer or gift with the card. Say....Episode VII Luke. It's not out of the realm of possibility.
    Mr_Cross
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    I haven’t gotten my email yet. I got mine on day 1 as well...
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 311
    No email here yet, and I was amongst the Leicester Square launch day crew...
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,034
    CM4S said:
    What?
    Curious.. those who did not get the email....were you by chance in store purchase? Maybe the emails are going out to day 1 .com purchases? I was backorder online, but got the email. Got the Falcon early Oct.
  • TokerToker CTMember Posts: 45
    edited November 2017
    MachONE said:
    Curious.. those who did not get the email....were you by chance in store purchase? Maybe the emails are going out to day 1 .com purchases? I was backorder online, but got the email. Got the Falcon early Oct.
    I bought mine in store a few weeks after and I got the email.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    Didn't get an email, and I bought day one in store.
    gmonkey76 said:
    Didn't get an email, and I bought day one in store.
    Well then that theory is shot. Who knows why some got it and some didn't then. Guess it's just another random thing then.
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    I got mine on September 15th and I have not gotten an email yet. I hope to get one soon.
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Nevermind, I just looked at the wrong email account. I have like 4 different accounts.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    They could be sending them out in some sort of order, like VIP account number, alphabetical on name, email address, etc.
    Whatever the reason, I don't have an email yet. I bought mine at the launch event, as did @Legoboy who first reported here about the email, and @Mr_Hobbles who like me doesn't have an email.
    Legoboy
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    I got the email.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Black VIP Card email received. :)
    Rainstorm26xiahna
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    I’m yet to receive an email but then I only managed to get a Falcon last weekend. 
    edited November 2017
    CM4S said:
    What?

I'd have no issue believing that since it's a pic of a  #10179 Falcon with some of the #75105 minifigs and antenna, some  #7985 minifigs and an R2 thrown in for good measure :D
    Please don't notify Brickshop.nl until I've received my second #75179 and successfully put in a claim with my credid card company for not providing goods as advertized! 

Been skimming through this thread to see if I could find @CM4S 's pic but no such luck...

Edit: Obi-Wan's from another set as well. Might be other details I missed. It's definitely not what's in the #75179 box though!
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,416
    The MF listing at Fun.be has now been updated, and shows an availability date of 17 Jan 2018:

So come 2018 availability of this set will likely be a lot wider than just the small shipments to the LEGO Stores.

(Spotted first by @Kerre )

Kerre
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    ^ But without the black VIP Star Wars card!
    edited November 2017
    ^ why?

Edit: I assume you mean it’s not linked to the Lego VIP.
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    ^ No black card with benefits since they are only available if set purchased before the end of 2017. Listing is offering product from 17/Jan/2018 :)
  • JRLJRL UKMember Posts: 86
    Also, reduced already?
    Surely they will change that, and extend the scheme. 

Or is it a promotion based on the number of units sold? with LEGO not thinking they would have sold that quick..
    edited November 2017
    @JRL It's a general 15% off Lego at that retailer this week. They generally don't exclude the few exclusives they carry from their promotions.
  • JRLJRL UKMember Posts: 86
    stlux said:
    @JRL It's a general 15% off Lego at that retailer this week. They generally don't exclude the few exclusives they carry from their promotions.
    Ah I see. Also I think they’ve added €50 to the RRP anyway. Still, bodes well for the future for those of us that don’t have it. Thanks. 
  • pgeorgepgeorge Brussels | SpainMember Posts: 16
    JRL said:
    stlux said:
    Ah I see. Also I think they’ve added €50 to the RRP anyway. Still, bodes well for the future for those of us that don’t have it. Thanks. 
    The RRP price is correct, in Belgium is 849€ (not 799€) :(
    ^No, 849,00 € is #75192's RRP in Benelux. 

Some other Benelux retailers are trying to flog them with a markup, those with a tendency to nick @CM4S 's pictures more specifically. Just a bit higher up on this very same thread page...
    @JRL EUR 850 is the Benelux RRP. Sets are usually more expensive in the Benelux vs Germany. Hence why I collected my MF from the Saarbrücken Lego Store. (+ them getting stock vs no shipment to the Belgian Lego Store in early November)
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Fireheart said:
    Surely they will change that, and extend the scheme. 

Or is it a promotion based on the number of units sold? with LEGO not thinking they would have sold that quick..
    Only sets bought from Lego ([email protected] or Bricks and Mortar stores) are eligible for the special VIP cards.  I have not seen any hard evidence that they are extending it.  Just some rumors here at Brickset forum.