Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Fortunately store staff told me that "we are putting on the wheels as we speak", so all good :)
The legs hang on straps crossed over his shoulders, and the arms are strapped onto his wrists. The torso and head are just resting on him. :D The hair is removable too! Oh and the glove-hands are store bought. Will complete the facial and torso details in my free time now that completing it in time is no longer a huge stress on my life. XD
On my way to Belgium for the weekend for a LEGO fan event.
Sounds like it might last a year or two with expansion capability.
Straight Outta Ninjago. Lloyd’s staying like this.
Was reading about gluing Lego to wood. Learn that the Norwegians used to nail their base plates to wood.
My online collectors guide... soon to be a 9 volume LEGO Encyclopedia has 1,000 things you likely never knew about LEGO! ;-)
1.what LEGO themes do you collect? Creator Expert and good city sets.
2.how big is your collection? ~30050 registered parts, and a bunch of parts I didn't assign tags.
3.what is your favorite minifigure? Any LEGO employee fig.
4.what is your favorite set? Parisian restaurant.
5.what is your latest Lego purchase? The dimensions starter pack.
6.how do you display your collection? My city is on desks, but instead of legs low wheels.
7.how do you dust your collection? Rebuilding everything. Turns out, it really works!
8.how do you store your spare parts? Together with all my sets that I use for building.
9.what else do your collect? Books from Percy Jackson and it's spinoffs.
10.what are you reading right now? The Dinner from Herman Koch, because of the literature books we have to read for Dutch.
"Creator,City,Friends, less than I would like, unicorn girl, Catherine Cat's Cottage, last years Santa, top of the book case, I don't, many plastic boxes, children's books and a Christmas themed chick lit".
Feel free to make up the matching questions!!
Happy Birthday! I was thinking about starting the Snowspeeder I picked up yesterday, so this is an omen ;)
Thank you! I highly recommend the Snowspeeder, it surpassed my expectations a lot!
1. I buy anything except CCBS stuff
2. I have approximately 180,000 pieces
3. Prefer minidolls over minifigs. <3 Emma
4. Favourite set is always the next one ;)
5. Today I bought the 40203 Halloween vampire set
6. I have display shelves
7. I try to dust but never do
8. Store my pieces in various sizes of labelled drawers, boxes and tubs
9. I have started collecting clone brands (forgive me)
10. Don't read books, podcasts ftw!
I'll go back and investigate this morning.
I realised this is the first set I've ever built that comes with a proper stand.
Not sure though what to make of this guy smirking in the corner:
Hopefully he doesn't plan on blowing up all the presents Santa's bringing!
1. what LEGO themes do you collect? Nexo Knights, DC Super Hero Girls. Dimensions, Modular Buildings, Star Wars, Ninjago. are the main themes.
2. how big is your collection? over 400 set's. so a good size.
3. what is your favorite minifigure? Any LEGO employee fig. with #71011-16 Queen a close 2nd.
4. what is your favorite set? #70618 Destiny's Bounty. i dont have Ninjago City yet but i think it will replace Destiny's Bounty when i do get it as number 1. #70751 Temple of Airjitzu is 2nd and well get push down to 3rd when i get Ninjago City. after that is Ghostbusters HQ. but i have no good place to display it.
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? The Y-Wing #75172.
6. how do you display your collection? any place i can find room to place a set.
7. how do you dust your collection? people dust there collections?. so that is what all the white stuff is on my Temple of Airjitzu i need to fix that. (when i do dust. i use a paint brush that's never seen a can of paint.)
8. how do you store your spare parts? dont know what there called but it works.
9. what else do your collect? pokemon games.
10. what are you reading right now? right now? none. the last real book i picked up but did not finish is harry potter and the cursed child, the last book i read from start to finished was harry potter and the deathly hallows, (when it 1st came out.)
1) I need a Lego room
2) she wanted to get me the ucs millennium falcon but was not sure how
3) she is pleased I was able to get the MF
2. how big is your collection? About 275 sets, once I subtract books and CMFs from Brickset's total.
3. what is your favorite minifigure? I like the simplicity of the ones with the classic faces - Forestman and Futuron (Yellow) are childhood favourites.
4. what is your favorite set? Medieval Market Village.
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? Women of NASA.
6. how do you display your collection? I usually have the latest 2 or 3 sets I've built out, gathering dust on the nearest available surface.
7. how do you dust your collection? With a dedicated makeup brush.
8. how do you store your spare parts? It's in a state of flux right now.
9. what else do your collect? Children's books. Vintage Christmas decorations.
10. what are you reading right now? Kim Newman's "Anno Dracula" series.
2. how big is your collection? 177 sets according to Brickset :).
3. what is your favorite minifigure? I think I'd have to say Fairy Batman.
4. what is your favorite set? At the moment it would be the Disney Castle but that will probably change when I get the UCS Falcon.
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? Set-wise it would be the WV Train Station. I did pick up some PaB since then though.
6. how do you display your collection? I have a couple long shelves in the living room that has the Modulars and Fairground sets on them. On the stair landing shelf I have the original UCS X-wing along with the UCS Tie, funny enough my wife put her Tower Bridge inbetween them :P . In the bedroom I have a shelf unit that has the rest of the Star Wars sets I have. During the holidays I get out a 4'x8' table for my Winter Village set up.
7. how do you dust your collection? I use an air compressor and feather duster.
8. how do you store your spare parts? I use bead boxes for the small parts (I think I have about 15 of these and 6 quart boxes for the larger parts (have 20 or so of these).
9. what else do your collect? Not much else really now. I used to collect Star Wars action figures starting with the power of the force 2 line that started in 1995 but I dont have much of those left. Other than that I have a few boxes of comic books but I have gotten any new ones in a few years.
10. what are you reading right now? Game of Thrones, reading this with the wife (we read chapters to each other.)
In other news, I'm nearly done sorting, cleaning, and second sorting my bin of bulk Lego I picked up recently. Super excited to start parting out into sets to see what I have complete and what I can work on completing!
Two questions: First, can anyone recommend a good way at sorting out Light Blue Gray and Light Gray? I think I've sorted the bulk of it, but then keep second guessing myself and think my eyes are tricking me.
Second, I know there are ways to brighten white bricks. Are there effective ways to restore other colors? Namely blue and gray? I believe the lot I bought has two #924 (Space Cruiser), but the bricks are pretty toast color-wise. I'd love to bring it back to life it that's even possible?
1. What LEGO themes do you collect? I actively collect Creator Expert, Star Wars, Super Heroes, BrickHeadz, The LEGO Batman Movie and The LEGO NINJAGO Movie sets as well as Collectable Minifigures. Otherwise I go for whatever takes my fancy which tends to include a lot of NINJAGO, Speed Champions and Elves.
2. How big is your collection? 2301 sets, 5269 minifigures and 585102 pieces. I have plenty of loose parts for building too but couldn't put a figure to those.
3. What is your favourite minifigure? The Riddler (sh334).
4. What is your favourite set? I find it almost impossible to pick one so will mention a few. #7662 Trade Federation MTT, #21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V, #71040 Disney Castle and #75192 Millennium Falcon are all in the running.
5. What is your latest LEGO purchase? #70656 garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON which came from Toys R Us yesterday afternoon.
6. How do you display your collection? A combination of BILLY bookcases, KALLAX units and other shelving. About a third of my collection is on display and the rest is in storage but my displays often cycle so nothing remains hidden in the cupboard for too long.
7. How do you dust your collection? I use a range of Supreme Dusters of varying sizes.
8. How do you store your spare parts? My loose parts are stored in a total of fourteen Really Useful scrapbook drawer towers.
9. What else do you collect? Star Wars Black Series figures as well as a few other bits of Star Wars memorabilia.
10. What are you reading right now? Nothing in particular at the moment, although I am in a constant state of needing to consult Star Wars reference books for research purposes.
2. how big is your collection? Enough to need a shed. Think my Brickset numbers are skewed by CMFs but between 150-200 actual sets I think.
3. what is your favorite minifigure? After my sig fig, probably Emmett, or Ned Flanders!
4. what is your favorite set? Love my Saturn V but might now be Ideas Fishing Shack just built. Will probably be Ninjago City once built.
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? The two Xmas seasonal vignettes.
6. how do you display your collection? Mostly in shed, some on desk, windowsill and on drawers in spare room.
7. how do you dust your collection? Feather duster.
8. how do you store your spare parts? Mix of Really Useful Boxes & Keter drawer units.
9. what else do your collect? Nothing. One addiction is enough.
10. what are you reading right now? Nothing at moment but building Amazon wish list for Xmas. SciFi, Fantasy & Thrillers.
Thanks to OP for the questions.
1. what LEGO themes do you collect? CMFs (scattered from s4 onwards, complete Disney, 16, 17 and Ninjago Movie) and then whatever takes my fancy. Mostly Ninjago of late but also Creator and seasonal stuff.
2. how big is your collection? Currently 534 sets, but that includes CMFs and magazine gifts.
3. what is your favorite minifigure? Gong & Guitar Rocker.
4. what is your favorite set? Movie Destiny's Bounty for the build, and Ideas Ecto-1 for firmly dragging me back into the light.
5. what is your latest Lego purchase? Friends Magazine.
6. how do you display your collection? Just re-did my study with lots of Billy Bookcases so in those (along with books!).
7. how do you dust your collection? Camera air-brush..
8. how do you store your spare parts? Segmented boxes from Wilko plus ice cream tubs and one Creative Box.
9. what else do your collect? Books and CDs (well, I have a lot of them but wouldn't say I was a collector)
10. what are you reading right now? Sue Perkins - Spectacles.