Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Do you have a Star Wars UCS lego centrepiece

landolando Member Posts: 104
edited November 2017 in Collecting
i have 3 Star Wars ucs sets after getting back into lego and wish to build one.  the new MF , slave 1 and snowspeeder. Never built any of these before and wanting only one as my centrepiece until I get more room to build.
 I guess what I’m asking is how are these builds ? And which would you display ? 
I’m going to build a table and hopefully get a aycric case after 

Comments

• dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 710
    Start with the smallest and work your way up! If you start with the MF all sets after that might seem tiny by comparison.
    landobandit778Bumblepants
  • landolando Member Posts: 104
    I was going to build the snowspeeder think that would look good displayed but then again so would the MF 
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,269
    All three are brilliant but their display value is partially dependent upon what kind of space you have available. #75060 Slave I is ideally suited to a narrow slot given its height while #75192 Millennium Falcon is the best for a deep shelf or a table, particularly one set at a low height. #75144 Snowspeeder fits somewhere in the middle!
    landoOrmskirkBricks
  • landolando Member Posts: 104
    All three are brilliant but their display value is partially dependent upon what kind of space you have available. #75060 Slave I is ideally suited to a narrow slot given its height while #75192 Millennium Falcon is the best for a deep shelf or a table, particularly one set at a low height. #75144 Snowspeeder fits somewhere in the middle!
    Thanks for the input. The space will be ok but it’s right next to a window but it’s the only space I have at moment and my table is going to be no higher than a 2 feet from the ground as building it myself.
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    Others have pretty much nailed it.  I'm not done with the MF yet, so can't show off my display, but they're really all three very different sets.  The Slave 1 was a better build than the Snowspeeder in my opinion, but the MF has been something completely different than any other set I've ever built.  Not really very fair to compare them.  And yeah, it all boils down to the space you want your centerpiece to take up.  My current displays of Slave 1 & Snowspeeder:
    Switchfoot55bandit778LobotxwingpilotAddicted2OxygenFowlerBrickstallblocktoostlux
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 187
    This is my living room centre piece. I made the boxes to display the models as I wanted to achieve this look. This is my entire collection barr a roughly started 75192 which I will be storing in a coffee table. 
    Lobotxwingpilotbandit778Addicted2OxygenomniumFowlerBricksmsanderstallblocktoostlux
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited November 2017
    My KALLAX display shelves have the UCS Red Five X-wing Starfighter #10240 on the top.

FowlerBrickswardmGothamConstructionCo
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    I don't have enough room, but if I chose to display UCS Star Wars it would go the new UCS Falcon as the main piece, then the ISD, AT-ST, R2D2, and Imperial Shuttle.  Others I might add would be the Tantive IV, Sandcrawler, Vader's Tie Fighter, and maybe Death Star II.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    The way I have placed my shelves at this time(I have limited display space), I have a UCS set as the centerpiece, and then have smaller sets around it to work for different planets.  So, I have the Sandcrawler act as the centerpiece for a Tatooine shelf, and the Ewok Village act as centerpiece for an Endor shelf.  I would do the Assault on Hoth as a centerpiece for a Hoth shelf, but I have all of the previous component sets, so I don't need it. 
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    wardmGallardoLUxwingpilotHanzo
  • RJAS1972RJAS1972 Lisbon - PortugalMember Posts: 24
    ^ I think that you have the front translucent yellow plates assembled in the wrong line of studs. They should be in the top one, right?
    myscrnnm
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    @RJAS1972, that's so embarrassing! I've been posting this image everywhere and no one has pointed it out. Thanks!
    RJAS1972xwingpilotOrmskirkBricks