Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset Bonus Ball 4th November 2017 The Speedman edition

2»

Comments

• DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 274
    Nothing particularly amazing for me - a £50 Smyths Gift Card from this years BrickLive in London is probably top of my list.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,026
    I won a 138cm Samsung curved TV.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I won a Batpod.  I also won $1000 on a scratchoff lottery ticket.  That's about it.
    FowlerBricksSeijiAmasawagmonkey76GothamConstructionCo
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I won a Guitar Hero tournament and got a free trip to Los Angeles for me and my girlfriend, so I could compete in a national Guitar Hero tournament. It was nice because I have cousins who live out there so I was able to see them for a little bit too.

^ (probably more than one caret is required by now) I realise that 'most expensive' isn't exactly 'best', but in this case it was, as I was shopping around for a TV anyway, but on a very strict budget.

So, I was looking for some decent A/V equipment and I knew I'd notice it if it was poor quality, but no-one else in my house would, and on top of that the minimum spend is probably 2x what you have, or the screen would be tiny. And the whole reason I was looking for a new TV was to better fit it into the proportions of our lounge.

Then the whole problem was taken out of my hands and instead Cathy is looking for a new piece of furniture to stick the new TV on with the money previously earmarked for the TV itself - quite a nice feeling, and everyone is happy!

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,382
    I've entered many contests and really ever won once.

I was a young lad and correctly guessed the number of m&m in a very large jar at a church Halloween party.

Being the only prize I've ever won, I promptly picked up the jar... stumbled... and spilled the massive jar all across the church sanctuary. Fitting.
    Switchfoot55BumblepantsstluxSumoLegodonutboyGothamConstructionCosnowhitie
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    I'm still waiting on my big win. 
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,612
    I won $25000 towards the purchase of a brand new jeep once but couldn't afford the taxes back then so I passed it on. 
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,698
    I won the Brickset Bonus draw back in May :)
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 72
    $50 gift card for filling out a survey. Quite exciting...
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I've won the Brickset bonus ball once! 
    FowlerBricks
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 342
    Won a raffle back in 2001 when I graduated high school, won an iMac! 
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    Erotica.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    £6600 from a Highland league club sweepie that had rolled over for months...nive knock on the door the following morning..
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    I once pranked (April Fool's Day) a friend's sister that she had won $6 million dollars from Publisher's Clearing House.  Pretending to be a T.V. producer focused on the logistical minutae of shooting the 'surprise' was perfect for me.

That was the best 22 minutes of her life.  Her father had to stop the entertainment when she tried to book tickets to New Zealand.  After she informed the family that she was 'cutting them off' and not 'handing over a penny to you emotional bloodsuckers!'.  

I had to stay away from their house for a few weeks.
    SirBrickalotOfLegoTheOriginalSimonBLittleLoriSeijiAmasawastarwars4everricecakeBumblepantsGothamConstructionCoSirBen
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,969
    Bonus ball is 57 so @oldtodd33 is the winner. I see you've just imported loads of Lesters already, so I'll get my daughter to lucky dip the polybag stash in the morning.

PM me your address
    LittleLoriricecakeGoldchainsvizzitorGothamConstructionCosnowhitieSumoLegokhmellymelstlux
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,612
    Thank you for running the draw @Speedman29. Nice of you to offer a prize. I am kind of envious of you getting a ride in that gorgeous Renault. Wish I was there. I am not really interested in the prize though so you can have a second draw or whatever you want to do and give it to someone else. 
    GothamConstructionCostluxTheOriginalSimonBricecakeMaffyDsnowhitie
    Ok, I'll get Little Miss Speedman to pick somebody at random tonight. A "bonus" bonus ball kind of draw!
    GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsstluxgmonkey76TheOriginalSimonBFowlerBricksMr_Crossricecakesnowhitie
    Well we sat down last night and read through the thread and she decided that as @Raven13 asked for a Lester, they should be the new winner. So PM an address and I'll get it shipped this week.
    stluxBumblepantsFowlerBricksricecakesnowhitieGallardoLUGothamConstructionCo
    Little Miss Speedman is a practically minded girl. Well done. :-)
    Speedman29FowlerBricks