Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Early release for Saturn v...

167891012»

Comments

• PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 422
    Patrik78 said:

Was really hoping to get it with double VIP this autumun, well... still unavailable in Europe :(

Maybe in spring with double VIP when I usually buy my new modular?

There is still a chance to get it with Double VIP closer to Black Friday.  Albeit it's a slim chance.
  • myscrnnmmyscrnnm Seattle, WAMember Posts: 25
    Just a reminder for anyone who wants to get double points on this purchase, the Saturn V is currently back in stock on [email protected] (at least in the United States).
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    thanks l was able to get one. they only had a chicken for the bonus set though
    BlueTacokiki180703
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,878
    No surprise. It’s out of stock again. I was able to get one earlier today and tossed in a couple wedding favors to get the VIP promo and the Easter chicken. 
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    Ughhh I was going to order it, I put it in my bag and all but then I forgot about it while eating supper and now I missed it. I'm kicking myself for not ordering as soon as I saw it
  • 1x11x1 Member Posts: 132
    About 20 in the Brighton store today
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 777
    Ughhh I was going to order it, I put it in my bag and all but then I forgot about it while eating supper and now I missed it. I'm kicking myself for not ordering as soon as I saw it
    A valuable lesson learned; LEGO before food :-)  
    MaffyDsnowhitiepiratemania7MooreFXsid3windrkiki180703maaaaaaaFizyxstarwars4ever
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,111
    At this point though doesn’t it seem like it comes back in stock regularly? In other words people may just need to wait a few days perhaps before it’s back?  I’m not stating any science just what I have seen from the posts over the past month or so.
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    I think I ended up waiting a few weeks, more than a few days, and it was gone the very next day after I got mine.  It's also important to note that earlier this week Amazon had direct stock available - i.e. not thirdy-party crazy mark-up versions - and sold out in hours.
    MooreFX
  • justintartejustintarte MissouriMember Posts: 33
    Picked up this little gem from Amazon while they were still in stock ($119.99) and tried the 'frustration-free packaging.' I honestly wasn't quite sure what to expect. It appears the box is directly from Lego (with Amazon shipping labels). The actual Lego box arrived in perfect condition... this has become quite rare with Amazon these days. I estimate half the Lego sets I order from Amazon arrive in less than stellar condition. End result = I'm a fan of 'frustration-free packaging' now. Well done, Amazon.

RennyMooreFXkiki180703dehnehsuLEGOFan2
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Thats how I received it directly from Lego as well. I ordered it with the snowspeeder and both came in their own snug boxes with the extras coming separately. 
    MooreFXkiki180703
    ^^ Not sure Amazon should get the credit. They just shipped in the box it came in from Lego. Cheaper for them.
    myscrnnmkiki18070377ncaachamps
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667
    I received the same type of box from LEGO [email protected]
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    ^ interesting, as here in the UK, the outer LEGO box mine was shipped in (from John Lewis) is bigger and labelled as containing 2 sets.
  • myscrnnmmyscrnnm Seattle, WAMember Posts: 25
    edited October 2017
    ^ interesting, as here in the UK, the outer LEGO box mine was shipped in (from John Lewis) is bigger and labelled as containing 2 sets.

That sounds like the box they are shipped directly from LEGO in. Were there two foam pads inside? That's how my Panama Canal was delivered (along with a box that said it contained two sets as well). (ironically the set itself was still beat to hell)
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    ^ It is the box that LEGO shipped them in. What I meant was that it's not like the one pictured above, which was also shipped directly from LEGO judging by the corner sticker.
    edited October 2017
    Mine arrived from [email protected] today in the box shown above. However, mine was only held shut by two pieces of tape on the box flap. Thankfully, they held. It looks like @justintarte's box had additional tape across the top.
  • bbeck087bbeck087 USAMember Posts: 16
    edited October 2017
    I got one two weeks ago, same box as pictured above (I ordered it straight from [email protected]), perfect condition 
    MooreFXkiki180703
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2017

Strange thing happened to me this week. I ordered Saturn V in September and seeing it went on backorder I cancelled the order thinking I can get it somewhere else sooner. As this assumption was pretty naive from my side, I happily ordered this week during the short period of time the set went back on backorder status from temporarily unavailable. TLG sent me an e-mail afterwards that my order is cancelled because of exceeding the limit of 1 set purchase per household :(

• mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Patrik78 said:

Strange thing happened to me this week. I ordered Saturn V in September and seeing it went on backorder I cancelled the order thinking I can get it somewhere else sooner. As this assumption was pretty naive from my side, I happily ordered this week during the short period of time the set went back on backorder status from temporarily unavailable. TLG sent me an e-mail afterwards that my order is cancelled because of exceeding the limit of 1 set purchase per household :(

I did exactly the same thing, I spoke to Customer Service (I used the Web chat) and explained the situation and they reinstated the order. 
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,292
    Still available at [email protected] USA even after 2x points weekend. Looks like supply has finally caught up to demand.
    madforLEGO
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 179
    Back in stock at Amazon U.S. $119.99
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 179
    And...gone. It lasted a while at Amazon. I kept checking out of curiosity. Surprising since it was so close to Christmas. It also might have to do with the way it was listed. The more expensive option was listed by default but when you clicked on it it had the Amazon "Frustration Free" option which was the listed $119.99 retail price. I chose the frustration free option as justintarte mentioned in an earlier post. Amazon also offered additional packaging at no extra cost to hide the outer LEGO box (for the holidays?) I figured they would just put the frustration free box into another one (which they did) It was wedged in pretty tight giving it two layers of protection. Nearing Christmas I also imagined a lot of boxes being tossed around by the carriers. Luckily it arrived in mint condition. 
    MooreFXjustintarte
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667
    LEGO store at Schaumburg Mall (Woodfield IL) has The Saturn V in stock as of this morning