Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• jeremy1973jeremy1973 Member Posts: 50
    I love this part 
    catwranglerFowlerBrickssnowhitie
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,558
    Brikkyy13 said:
    caterham7 said:
    So has anyone dumped all the bricks into one pile and started (finished!?) building?
    This guy on reddit has dumped everything into a pile but I dunno if he's finished yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/ucs_mf_75192/comments/74bb2a/never_followed_numbers_bags_not_gonna_start_now/
    don't know how many parts in the bags 1 for the claas xerion, but quite a lot (between 1000 and 1500 probably) separated small and big pieces into 2 containers, and overall it was pretty easy finding the right pieces. now that's still 5 to 7 times less bricks.
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    You've got the OT dish but also the extra "bits" on the mandibles which are epVII aren't they? Hybrid version! 
  • WJC1WJC1 Member Posts: 5

I've just got to the end of bag 2 and I have a curious extra: a 92338, Chain with 5 links (with a round hollow stud at each end) in a silvery colour.  I can't find it in the Bricklink inventory.  There was nothing missing from the bags so I am a bit confused.

Has anyone else found this extra?

WJC1

• kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    Anybody lucky enough to find one during this 2x VIP event?
    baublitz
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    Brikkyy13 said:
    caterham7 said:
    So has anyone dumped all the bricks into one pile and started (finished!?) building?
    This guy on reddit has dumped everything into a pile but I dunno if he's finished yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/ucs_mf_75192/comments/74bb2a/never_followed_numbers_bags_not_gonna_start_now/

I might as well give it go, although I don't think I'm going to even get time to start building until November.  What's a few extra hours build time when I've had it since just after midnight on release day?

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,084
    Aanchir said:

MaffyD said:

I cannot be the only one who is fascinated by the 'Glad' Tupperware container with the spares from each bag that @Dfchang813 is sharing throughout the build process.

I'm amused by the phrasing 'Glad' Tupperware container — I'm pretty sure the folks at Tupperware would feel about the same way hearing that as we'd feel about hearing somebody describe 'Mega Bloks' Lego sets. :P

Entirely intended. Thought it was mildly amusing myself...
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 182
    I'm on bag 2. After completing bag 1, I find that I have an extra 1 x 3 flat plate. I went back through all the steps and can't find where I missed this.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    i'm seeing 3 on the back corner of the frame. 2 inside on vertical faces (steps 22-24, and one on the tan 4x6 (step 130).
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Instructions PDF now available from LEGO
    FollowsClosely
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    Here is my spare parts identical to adzbadboy's inventory. Exactly 150 spares not including the extra 2 bowcaster studs for Chewbacca. 

Bengh_ZeranSwitchfoot55snowhitie
    An interesting story involving spares.  So ... after arranging all the spares and getting ready to take the pic I realized one of the light grey lightsaber rods was a little longer than the rest. Of course I knew immediately the ramification. I had erroneously placed a shorter stick somewhere in the build instead of the correct longer rod. A little unfair since the difference in length was quite minimal. 58 of the shorter rods and only 6 of the slightly longer ones.  Where had I made the mistake of not using one of those 6 slightly longer rods?? 

This is where taking pictures of the spares at each stage became very useful.  I went through my pics and pinpointed Stage 12 as the stage where I had generated the incorrect spare. Careful review of the stage revealed step 969 as the one where I made my mistake. This was part of building the side back panel where both long and short light bluish grey rods were in use.   Elsewhere in the build the instructions would have a pic of the rod with the size 1:1 as a guide. For this particular step for whatever reason it did not. It's also used in isolation and not as part of a pair making it even easier to make a mistake.  

Hope this helps somebody out there ... in my opinion one of the easier places to make a mistake and illustrates how keeping meticulous track of spare elements can be a life saver.  
    ricecakeJohnyk668Addicted2OxygenMaffyDMr_CrosssnowhitiecatwranglerKerre
    WJC1 said:

I've just got to the end of bag 2 and I have a curious extra: a 92338, Chain with 5 links (with a round hollow stud at each end) in a silvery colour.  I can't find it in the Bricklink inventory.  There was nothing missing from the bags so I am a bit confused.

Has anyone else found this extra?

WJC1

Pretty sure that element is not part of the Falcon build.  Must have gotten mixed in somehow. 
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Here are a few pics of the old and new UCS side by side ... something you certainly don't see everyday. While the two superficially look alike the differences in closer examination are vast.  The new one is much much more refined and detailed while the old one looks very blocky in comparison.  And yet there is still a lot of charm to that blockiness with the exposed studs ... something more Lego like if you will vs the more modern, detailed, and accurate Falcon we have today. Cool to see the evolution. 

Are both sets the same size in length or no? The instruction booklet said 10179 is 33 inches long while 75192 is only 32.6 inches long.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited October 2017
    ^Probably rounding as 32.6 = 33 when rounded to the nearest whole number

Has anyone who purchased one received their VIP card yet? It's almost been 4 weeks for me and nothing in the mail yet.
    FollowsClosely
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 192
    Am I the only one that's disappointed that the new Falcon is just an evolution of the original, albeit a very polished one. I wish they'd not been quite so "lazy" and started with a new, bigger frame, while still adding the interior detail, including corridors, rather than using stickers.
    I'm sure I'm in the minority though, seeing as how the first batch sold out so quickly.
    Of course, I'll probably still get one, assuming the black VIP card is still available when it becomes available again.
  • stetstet Member Posts: 45
    If they had made it bigger it would have cost $1,000 or more.  Maybe in 10 years...
    CM4Smyscrnnm
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 182
    i'm seeing 3 on the back corner of the frame. 2 inside on vertical faces (steps 22-24, and one on the tan 4x6 (step 130).
    THANK YOU! That's exactly what I needed to see. I found where I messed up.

This is one build that I am trying to take slowly, not just to savor, but to avoid missing steps.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    stet said:
    If they had made it bigger it would have cost $1,000 or more.  Maybe in 10 years...
    And also cease to be in minifig scale...
    myscrnnm
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,415
    Here are a few pics of the old and new UCS side by side ... something you certainly don't see everyday. While the two superficially look alike the differences in closer examination are vast.  The new one is much much more refined and detailed while the old one looks very blocky in comparison.  And yet there is still a lot of charm to that blockiness with the exposed studs ... something more Lego like if you will vs the more modern, detailed, and accurate Falcon we have today. Cool to see the evolution. 
    ...am I the only one admiring the display cases in the background here?!
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 192
    stet said:
    And also cease to be in minifig scale...
    I get that it would be quite a bit more expensive, but that probably wouldn't have been such a big problem, since LEGO can't produce them quick enough at their current price.

Minifigs have a strange scale, being a bit wide for their height and I wouldn't want a Falcon scaled like them, it would be rather dumpy.
    I read an article recently that suggested that the Falcon was quite a bit too small to be minifig scale, but having done a bit more research, it seems that article was probably wrong.

Now I have no excuse not to get it, well, except maybe because of those stickers!
    baublitz
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,088
    jgadget said:
    Am I the only one that's disappointed that the new Falcon is just an evolution of the original, albeit a very polished one. I wish they'd not been quite so "lazy" and started with a new, bigger frame, while still adding the interior detail, including corridors, rather than using stickers.
    I'm sure I'm in the minority though, seeing as how the first batch sold out so quickly.
    Of course, I'll probably still get one, assuming the black VIP card is still available when it becomes available again.
    The only thing I find lazy is the sublight engine array, would have been so easy to make so much better. Part of me thinks that it might've been on the drawing board but some beancounter said "whoa, you're not putting an extra 300 pieces in at the pricepont we've decided on".
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,088
    Do you think we should have a poll to see which configuration people have or intend to do their new MF in (O/T or Ep8/9)? I expect to see O/T to win out, but by what margin?
    snowhitiemyscrnnm
    well I'm going with O/T dish but with the attachments on the mandibles.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,723
    If we get a Lando and Nib Nub pack I'm going dish less. No in all seriousness I will probably put it into a proper Hoth hanger display. With more than two Snowtrooper to make the assault.
    Rainstorm26
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    The only thing I find lazy is the sublight engine array, would have been so easy to make so much better. Part of me thinks that it might've been on the drawing board but some beancounter said "whoa, you're not putting an extra 300 pieces in at the pricepont we've decided on".
    It's not quite clear the way he answered the question, but there is this bit in the interview with the designer:
    https://brickset.com/article/31111
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary revealed that 10179 Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon was designed before being assigned a price, inverting the usual design process. Was the same process applied to this set?

Correct, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen designed 10179 on his own and it then became a set! Developing a product portfolio is complex and involves a lot of planning, which makes it difficult for designers to push their own side projects.

• PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    Remember when we were contemplating if this set would be available for Double VIP?  Man, how stupid we were.

My gut said no way in hell, but my brain wished it so much I actually started thinking there was a chance.
    FollowsCloselyHanzosnowhitieBengh_ZeranbaublitzCM4S
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307

Ordered this on launch day and after having it lying around for the best part of a month, it's finally time to start building.
    FowlerBricksMr_Cross

FowlerBricksM_BossBumblepantsMr_CrossBengh_ZeranSumoLegosnowhitie
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 527
    I ordered mine a month ago and only just got my hands on it. According to customer services it was mistakenly shipped to Germany. So once they tracked it down they informed me I would get expedited shipping. Ok great but unfortunately they shipped it to the wrong address. Addressed to no 4 instead of 36. Fortunately the nice old guy at no 4 checked inside the shipping carton and found my despatch note, I'm just glad he didn't try to lift the thing and dropped a note through my door instead! 
    omniumFowlerBricksSirBrickalotOfLegocatwranglerMegtheCatsnowhitie

5 down, 12 to go.
    Mr_CrosswaynlewisFowlerBricksOrmskirkBricks
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    I keep coming back to this @GallardoLU  (and I may be missing some intended sarcasm) but curiosity has finally got the better of me!  Is there any particular reason why you're going with the ONLY possible non canon configuration? 
    I keep coming back to this @GallardoLU  (and I may be missing some intended sarcasm) but curiosity has finally got the better of me!  Is there any particular reason why you're going with the ONLY possible non canon configuration? 
    short answer at the time i thought i'd get someone to freak out about it. but everyone here is so polite that no one did.

long answer, is that the attachments are almost unnoticeable on it, and since I filled the ship with both new and old characters it already blends past and present. engine room has Rey, Finn, BB-8, and Old Han. lounge has Obi wan, Luke, R2, and C3PO. and cockpit has original Han, Leia, and Chewy. and I will always like the OT dish more than the new one. it's what belongs on the falcon.
    MegtheCatgmonkey76stluxdatsunrobbieMAGNINOMINISUMBRAMr_Crosssnowhitie
    short answer at the time i thought i'd get someone to freak out about it. but everyone here is so polite that no one did.

long answer, is that the attachments are almost unnoticeable on it, and since I filled the ship with both new and old characters it already blends past and present. engine room has Rey, Finn, BB-8, and Old Han. lounge has Obi wan, Luke, R2, and C3PO. and cockpit has original Han, Leia, and Chewy. and I will always like the OT dish more than the new one. it's what belongs on the falcon.
    I did the same because I wanted as many parts on the Falcon as I could. I put all the characters in the ship and attached the Mynock to the front of the cockpit. 
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    ^Probably rounding as 32.6 = 33 when rounded to the nearest whole number

Has anyone who purchased one received their VIP card yet? It's almost been 4 weeks for me and nothing in the mail yet.
    I spoke with Customer Services, they implied they will be sent towards the end of October.
    FireheartRainstorm26TyresOFlaherty
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 610
    I gotta say its quite weird and cool going back to the early pages of this discussion and seeing all speculation, debates on being on topic/off topic, the countdown to the 1000th post, and the various jokes that all lead up to this. Seems crazy to have made it all the way to page 107. I'd say it's worth the time skimming through some of the pages.
    TyresOFlaherty
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I think someone should convert this thread into a book.....maybe classify it in the comedy section of the library
    JBricks27
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,151
    ^ Well we did spend a lot of time debating fiction or nonfiction.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    I wonder what was the final sale numbers for the set? It’s disappointing and BS that TLG claims they didn’t expect such a high demand.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    waynlewis said:
    I wonder what was the final sale numbers for the set? It’s disappointing and BS that TLG claims they didn’t expect such a high demand.
    lol I didn't even expect this high demand. I did not expect this many people to drop $800 on a LEGO set
    Aanchir
  • Darthtater147Darthtater147 United StatesMember Posts: 59
    It sounds like more Falcons may be on the way. I just received this email from the LEGO store in Chicago:

Dear LEGO® Shopper,

You are receiving this communication as you are a LEGO® VIP member who requested to be added to your local LEGO Store's Millennium Falcon wait list.

We are happy to share that the ship that famously made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs is scheduled to land before the end of the year. As Han and Chewbacca complete the finishing touches on the Falcon, you will be contacted directly by your local LEGO Store team member with further details and instructions on how you can take one home. 

Please be patient and allow store staff to contact you as not all product will be available at once. Where you place on the waiting list will determine when you will be contacted. Stores will not be able to predict when you will be contacted until product arrives. 

May the Force be with you!
    gmonkey76CM4Smustang69waynlewisLittleLoriMuftak1snowhitie
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    Got this too 
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 539
    Cripes, I just got this too. My problem is we are going to Mexico next week (23rd to 27th). As much as I want to get this as soon as possible, I really hope they dont try to call while I am there!
    This whole MF business is a huge cluster F***!!!! My local store that I registered with for the wait list, now can’t find my name on the list and is telling me that I need to contact CS to be put on a separate list for 2018...
    Do you think that the MF would show up on the TRU shelves at some point in the future?? Other UCS sets have..
  • myscrnnmmyscrnnm Seattle, WAMember Posts: 25
    Has anyone received their black VIP card yet? We're at five weeks since the product first came out, and the FAQ states a maximum of six weeks after purchase.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    myscrnnm said:
    Has anyone received their black VIP card yet? We're at five weeks since the product first came out, and the FAQ states a maximum of six weeks after purchase.
    I imagine since the benefits don't start till 2018 they aren't in a huge rush to get them out, but I haven't seen anyone get one yet.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,710
    waynlewis said:
    Do you think that the MF would show up on the TRU shelves at some point in the future?? Other UCS sets have..
    https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-75192-kommt-auch-in-den-fachhandel/41533

This article indicates other retailers will get to sell the Falcon, but it is the only site I have seen that makes that claim.
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 380

Here are a few pics of the old and new UCS side by side ...
    Anyone else wondering how large @Dfchang813's family is? I'm counting 9 chairs in the kitchen!
    SirBrickalotOfLegoFollowsCloselymak0137Yodalicious