Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

More Harry Potter Lego?

124»

Comments

• mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    sid3windr said:
    I wouldn't mind another Hogwarts Express, if only they could make two passenger coaches and a more detailed locomotive! :) 
    2 coaches is just a matter of buying 2 sets! ;-) I'd love a nicely detailed one, say "Emerald Night meets Hogwarts". Would save me the trouble of One Day(tm) MOCing one up.
    Having bought more than one Emerald Night set, I just palette-swapped out the green for red on one of the locos and stuck one of the Hogwarts Express discs from the official set on the front.  It's not exactly the same as the HE by any means, but given my train MOCing skills are virtually zero I'm pretty pleased with the result it gave.  There seem to be a few examples around online of people doing a better conversion job too!
    sid3windrLegogram
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,416
    As long as the new line of sets has a Harriest Potter included to go along with my Darthest Vader, I’ll be happy. 
    Not to be confused with Lepin's Harryish Potter.
    YodaliciouscatwranglerRainstorm26MynattPapaBearSirBrickalotOfLegoSwitchfoot55M_Bossjimmyp1982
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,090
    I secretly hope that the inevitable lepin copy gets called "Hairy Porter"
    CCCYodalicioussid3windrcatwranglerLegogramMynattM_Boss
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,326
    @mr_bennI was actually pondering on doing exactly that (well, actually, minus the front disc, that's a good idea) last weekend... 
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,614
    Adzbadboy said:
    This may be a long shot but will we get a D2C set based off the {Untitled Fantastic Beasts Sequel} in 2018, much like the recent trend of D2C sets based off on new movies / existing licenses.

A couple of days ago Marcos visited the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London and the following day was first day of production of the sequel. Anyone reckon he visited the set for research purposes?

Looks like my observation could be true...

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-harry-potter-hogwarts-castle-d2c-set-in-2018/

I'm hoping for something similar to the Hogwarts School Sculpture by Noble Collection, something showing a full Hogwarts Castle in a model layout. The play experience comes in when you can detach all the sections such as the Great Hall, Astronomy Tower, Dumbledore's Office individually and have play access to each one.

Hogwarts School Sculpture by Noble Collection
    (https://www.noblecollection.co.uk/product/10083/hogwarts-school-sculpture)
    kezcatwrangler
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    edited October 2017
    Hopefully they re-release a Hagrid's Hut #4738.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,382
    Pure speculation, nothing else.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 319
    @Adzbadboy, I suspect that Brickfan article was based on a comment in the "What is the next set to be remade?" thread. Even so, I really hope both a CMF series and some new HP sets are coming. 

From that thread- HalfPintOfInnes said:
    With the rumour of the "Harry Potter" Minifigure series next year, I could see them re-making set #4842, in the same way that the Disney Minifgure Series got the Disney castle shortly after it was released.

pookie
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    The first thing that came to mind when I saw that article was "speculative piece based on forum comments." Otherwise known as "click bait"
    SumoLego
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 775
    Adzbadboy said:
    Adzbadboy said:
    This may be a long shot but will we get a D2C set based off the {Untitled Fantastic Beasts Sequel} in 2018, much like the recent trend of D2C sets based off on new movies / existing licenses.

A couple of days ago Marcos visited the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London and the following day was first day of production of the sequel. Anyone reckon he visited the set for research purposes?

Looks like my observation could be true...

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-harry-potter-hogwarts-castle-d2c-set-in-2018/

Pretty sure Allen's speculation is based off a combination over your observation, and a lot of speculation on it over on Eurobricks (he likes to jump the gun, a little).
    BuriedinBricks
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,443
    ^ The snake is eating its own tail at this point. That's ridiculous. But fun.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 462
    I'm now hoping for a release of the Hairiest Potter.
    PapaBearFowlerBricks
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,326
    ^ Sounds like a good candidate for a CMF series... Like they did all the different Batmanses.
    BobflipFowlerBricksmadforLEGO
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 462
    With an uber-rare Mr Goldilocks.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 247
    I think it’s pretty certain a few of these sets will be Brickheadz. Seems like the perfect IP for it.
    Fizyx
    I think it’s pretty certain a few of these sets will be Brickheadz. Seems like the perfect IP for it.
    Plus there can then be complaints that some people submitted Harry Potter brickheadz to the IDEAS website and LEGO stole their ideas without crediting them.
    wardmSirBrickalotOfLegoBumblepantsgmonkey76FizyxRedbullgivesuwind
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,611
    CCC said:
    Plus there can then be complaints that some people submitted Harry Potter brickheadz to the IDEAS website and LEGO stole their ideas without crediting them.
    I genuinely look forward to this as part of any licensed set release now.
    sid3windrcatwranglerOnebricktoomanygmonkey76FizyxRedbullgivesuwind
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,582
    sid3windr said:
    ^ Sounds like a good candidate for a CMF series... Like they did all the different Batmanses.
    Batmanses, Precious. We wants the Batmanses.
    wardmsid3windrdmcc0Penkid11snowhitieFizyxLego_StarLEGO_Dad77
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 537
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-the-simpsons-house-71006-on-sale-for-20-percent-off/
    The Simpsons House retiring...? Does this mean making room for a large Harry Potter D2C?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,220
    sid3windr said:
    Something like a huge D2C Castle and 2 CMFs series would make sense, seeing as we have seen this before with Simpsons. Though Simpsons had the Quick E Mart as well, so I guess then Potter could have the Diagon Alley as the second set?
    One can dream I guess.
    catwranglerwardm
    wardm said:
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-the-simpsons-house-71006-on-sale-for-20-percent-off/
    The Simpsons House retiring...? Does this mean making room for a large Harry Potter D2C?
    I'd imagine it's the end of its retail life, rather than going specifically to let HP start again.
    madforLEGO
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,631
    Shib said:
    I secretly hope that the inevitable lepin copy gets called "Hairy Porter"
    Well, I think we all know 'Horny Wyzrd Rods' is the Lepin translation.  
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76stlux
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 562
    edited November 2017

I would be curious to see if there is a reoccurrence of this piece in a possible Hogwarts Castle set as it does kind of follow the style of roofing seen in previous Harry Potter sets (https://brickset.com/parts/6018577/tower-roof-w-tiles).
    wardmBumblepants
  • zmarkellazmarkella UKMember Posts: 48
    Mynatt said:

I would be curious to see if there is a reoccurrence of this piece in a possible Hogwarts Castle set as it does kind of follow the style of roofing seen in previous Harry Potter sets (https://brickset.com/parts/6018577/tower-roof-w-tiles).
    That would look great in Sand Green!
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    The suitcase sounds intriguing. But really I just want the castle. 
    wardm
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 236
    @Mynatt Apparently that's what the pictures in this article purport to show! 

http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/02/16/lego-wizarding-world-sets/

Apparently according to the 2018 section on brickset there's supposed to be a D2C Hogwarts Castle that's the same scope/price/piece count (roughly) as the Disney Castle, coming in August 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,246
    any chance the 500€ price tag is actually for the castle + the great hall?
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 648
    Fauch said:

Unlikely.  Rumors point to the castle itself being in the 500 dollar/euro range, and the Great Hall is not mentioned in any of those.  Until the picture release today there wasn't anything more than minor speculation that the two sets would even connect together as far as I know.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,220
    Fizyx said:
    Fauch said:

Unlikely.  Rumors point to the castle itself being in the 500 dollar/euro range, and the Great Hall is not mentioned in any of those.  Until the picture release today there wasn't anything more than minor speculation that the two sets would even connect together as far as I know.

To me the grand hall is more a suedo microscale model anyway. For 500 USD the castle better be a near scale to the minifigs, though
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 162
    Here's a great, detailed video about the new set comparing it to the old ones!

1265SeanTheCollector
    Brixfan02 said:

You keep linking to that channel. Are they yours?
    sid3windrBrixfan02CM4S
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 162
    CCC said:
    Brixfan02 said:

You keep linking to that channel. Are they yours?

my brother's