Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Looking for Ideas for "Gifts with Purchase" (deadline 1st Nov)

2»

Comments

• Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,052
    Love some of the ideas above and apologies if this is a bit similar to anyone else's suggestion.
    I'd be tempted by parts packs. Small versions of the old supplementary technic sets.
    There could be an option to pick one of six available choices at a time.
    Something like:
    50 of one piece, I'd love a large quantity of 32828 but I can appreciate that might not be good for everyone, so that's why there'd need to be a choice.
    25 of one piece and 25 of a piece that fits with it, bars and clips for example
    Assorted grey greebling pieces
    Gears and special technic bits.
    Roof slopes in rare colours.
    Any themed parts pack really, mainly the idea would be multiples of parts.
    These ideas are nowhere near as good as those above, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there for criticism or refinement!
    catwrangler
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,823
    I love the parts pack idea; the example of roof slopes in rare colours would be incredibly useful for me, and I'd agree that having a selection of packs to choose from would be the most satisfying way to go about it. 
  • bigdumbwookieebigdumbwookiee IndianaMember Posts: 7
    Since they polybagged Lester, I'd love to see them do a gold chrome plated Mr Gold polybag. Face it, 9/10 of us will never own that one ;)
    FowlerBricks
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    edited October 2017
    I’ve always been a fan of promos that complement new products and themes, that way they aren’t random and unnecessary for the consumer. My favourites have been those for Modular Buildings, Fairground, Winter Village and those exclusive Minifigures that complement new movies such as MCU, DCEU and Star Wars. Limit them to the spesfic product / theme, that way people who purchase the set aren’t disappointed. I’m hoping they become a little more common, so many possibilities of including big characters from past movies that aren’t included with the sets.

I’d also like to see more retro 'classic' sets that were released during the summers of 2014, 2015 and 2016, Maybe tackling town and couple of other older themes. My favourite was 2016’s #5004419 - Classic Knights Minifigure
    (https://brickset.com/reviews/50390)

I’m hoping more exclusive key chains become available the recent Kiss Kiss Batman and Sensei Wu bring a bit of variety than just having Minifigures / sets as promos.

Most people will hate me for saying this but exclusive BrickHeadz, much in the way the SDCC and NYCC are given away to selected fans. Having some rarer than others would help make the theme much more interesting. I would hope this way we’d get more obscure and odd variants that wouldn’t normally sell as well worldwide. It would give some flavour to the theme, much in the way The LEGO Ninjago Movie (2017) ones will only be available for two months.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    @Adzbadboy - are you thinking like Funko POP Vinyl Chase variants (which would be more interesting in Brickheadz if you didn't know it was a chase until you opened it) or completely new ones done specifically as gift with purchase promos?
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    I'm not a fan of products which feature random items which you can't confirm until it's opened.

I was just referring to exclusives that are available as gifts. In terms of other concepts I'd like the promos or retail ones to have a limited number of certain variants, much like limited comic book variants such as glow-in-the-dark or a special variant / costume etc.
  • StewedGiraffeStewedGiraffe United StatesMember Posts: 7
    I like the idea of having historical figure based minifigures, relevant to the country they are given away in. For example; George Washington in the US or Winston Churchill in the UK.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,661
    A Jedi Temple Guard poly!!
  • HumdrumHumdrum BelgiumMember Posts: 71
    sid3windr said:
    - I loved the "Classic" sets (space man, knight, pirate) - though I'm not sure which others could be made... Classic Paradisa? ;-)
    The obvious answer here would be classic Galidor and Znap! On a more serious note, I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of these sets, there's still plenty of classic '80s and '90s minifigs Lego hasn't covered yet:
    - Classic airport minifig (set 6392)
    - 6 button shirt guy (eg. set 6630)
    - overalls guy (eg. set 6504)
    - highway maintenace (eg. set 6653)
    sid3windrgmonkey76