Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Toys Я Us Deals

Comments

• BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 702
    edited October 2017
    They'd better still have some by Tuesday. Why'd my parents have to pick this weekend to vacation in middle of nowhere New Hampshire? Nearest TRU is an hour away from me right now
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Went today and got the Batman exclusive set at the counter with $50 purchase. Many of the super hero sets were 20% off retail.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited October 2017
    Went today as well.  They had the Bane set for $39.99 which I bought(not really a deal, but ah well).  Tried to buy a Teen Titans Lego dimension set(Beast Boy & Raven) to go over $50, but it wouldn't allow it(stupid Toys R Us has the Dimensions as video game merchandise).  So the customer service desk let me buy a second TLBM minifig pack instead.  I assume they were letting others buy them outright as well.  Noticed that the Two Face set was marked $47.99, and the Arkham Asylum set was marked $127.99.  They also gave me a free Ninjago movie poster.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2017
    I was lucky to get the two, the manager reported at the two TRUs I went to, that the promos are not available for purchase (or should not be) until the promo is over.

One TRU I was at actually had about 10 Ninjago bricktober fig sets (at least) and another I went to did not appear to have any Ninjago sets left.
    So I guess either buy 50 dollars in LEGO to get one, or roll the dice that they will be around at one TRU or another after Saturday.
    Im happy with the two I want because Im debating whether or not to go for two of the 'CMF' style bricktober set when they come out.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    I happened to be traveling a little further out today for an unrelated errand and went to a store that I never frequent.  They had one left which was at the customer service desk, the lady handed it to me when I asked if they had any left, and it was the last one.  Not sure if stores get more than one box but the box they had looked like it might only fit 25 sets or so. 

Tried to purchase it by itself, but the cashier was asking all other employees in the area and everyone seemed aware that it was for the promotion only for this week, no separate purchase allowed.  I was prepared for this got three of the superhero sets that were on sale. 

Seems like TRU is trying to get a little more consistent, I am happy that someone can't just come in and buy 5 of them, even if they have noble intentions.  So I guess the big takeaway for me was that they will sell them separately the following week, if any are left.  All I wanted was one of these sets, and this time "trusted the process" and got one fair and square, a tiny bit of faith in TRU restored.  I wonder if availability will be constrained as the week continues, or if stores do indeed have more than one box.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 551
    I don't go for every promo set, but the only time I ever encountered a problem with buying a promo set was a few years back with the first set of mini/micro(?) modulars.  Ever since then, I haven't had problems buying the promo sets outright at the stores I frequent during the promo week.  I think they learned after having them sit on shelves for weeks/months after the promo week when no one spent enough to get them for free.

That being said, I never go full hoarder/flipper and buy out their stock.  I buy only a single one for myself and a second or third for someone else, on occasion.  Some say they're buying multiples to "help someone out" and may end up returning them after the promo period if there are no takers, but I'd rather not screw someone over that has a purchase that qualifies for the promo just to make $4.57 by selling one on eBay.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    I have never been able to buy a promo at TRU. I've actually been at the register to pay and the manager came over and forbade the employee from selling them to me. Another time, I found the set on a shelf with a price tag, was holding it and looking around the lego section and the manager came and took the set out of my hands and said they were not for sale. Needless to say, I never set foot in that TRU again.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    edited October 2017
    Never mind.  Just going to leave this one alone.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Definitely YMMV. The local TRU always runs out of the promo early during the week and I've only had luck once with buying a promo by itself. Every other time has been wait until the promo ends..and by then they have none left. I was glad to see finally some sales off of MSRP for once instead of their insane mark up. But I rarely frequent TRU because it is so far out of the way for me. It's on the opposite part of town compared to where I normally am. I know 20 minute drive isn't much, but when I have no other purpose to drive there and my other errands are on the different side of town, it only serves a purpose to go there if they have a special promo I can't get anywhere else.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    I have a couple of TRUs in my area that “run out” of promos within a couple of days...only to have more of them appear on shelves months later. It’s almost as if they take one box to the registers during the promo and completely forget they have more boxes in the back until someone stumbles across them months later. 
    madforLEGOgmonkey76
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Got my one, so I'm good. I bought the Bane tank set and two of the R3-M2 polys to get over $50. Bane tank was "discounted" to $40, but that's good enough for me I guess. I had hoped they would still have the green dragon from TLNM on sale, but it was out of stock at that location.

I did not try to buy mulitples of the fig pack, but the signage listed it with a "one per customer" line. 

Aside - I built the Bane tank last night and I have to say the little helicopter scooter thing for Batman literally has to be the worst thing I have ever seen in an official LEGO set. The rest of the build was fine, but that seemed like the most pointless thing that has ever existed.
    edited October 2017
    Got my one, so I'm good. I bought the Bane tank set and two of the R3-M2 polys to get over $50. Bane tank was "discounted" to $40, but that's good enough for me I guess. I had hoped they would still have the green dragon from TLNM on sale, but it was out of stock at that location.

I did not try to buy mulitples of the fig pack, but the signage listed it with a "one per customer" line. 

Aside - I built the Bane tank last night and I have to say the little helicopter scooter thing for Batman literally has to be the worst thing I have ever seen in an official LEGO set. The rest of the build was fine, but that seemed like the most pointless thing that has ever existed.
    Had to make something to get 'big' Bane into a set.
    Im going to check my local TRU during the week to see if the Batman Bricktober sets happen to pop up on a shelf like I saw the Ninjago ones do last week.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 900
    Did bane set and a small city set last night to get the first of hopefully three batmen promo sets.  Today, I grabbed two face set and a ninjago minifig for the second set.  Trying to figure out if I should get the batwing for a third set.  Double points behind tomorrow at [email protected], and the batwing is 20% off there.  Ugh.  Decisions, decisions.
    FowlerBricks
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited October 2017
    I also picked up the 70914  Bane Toxic Truck Attack and a large baseplate. Not much of a deal but it beats paying $20 for the Bricktober minifgures
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Went back to the TRU that allowed me to buy three Ninjago sets to get the minimum $50 for another one.

Different customer associate, different response. No go this time for Batman...

Also, did not see any spare Ninjago sets on the shelf.
    But I did manage to find a Hydra Fortress smash that scanned for $0.03!
    When the lady at the register rang it up, she said: "I can't sell this to you, but I can give it to you for free. It was supposed to be a donated item (don't know what that means...)." Seeing that I paid $50+, I'll take any "donation" from TRU!
    MynattmadforLEGOgmonkey76MegtheCatBumblepants
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,131
    Lucky! Best I've scored at a TRU are a few polybags for $0.03!
    77ncaachampsFowlerBricks
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 900
    ^ and ^^...TEACH ME
    SeijiAmasawa
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    jmeninno said:
    ^ and ^^...TEACH ME
    Lesson One: SCAN EVERYTHING.
    SeijiAmasawa
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 606
    Went back to the TRU that allowed me to buy three Ninjago sets to get the minimum $50 for another one.

Different customer associate, different response. No go this time for Batman...

Also, did not see any spare Ninjago sets on the shelf.
    When the lady at the register rang it up, she said: "I can't sell this to you, but I can give it to you for free. It was supposed to be a donated item (don't know what that means...)." Seeing that I paid $50+, I'll take any "donation" from TRU!
    I would have loved to have a three cent set added to purchase. I got two speed champion sets and a Batman Mr Freeze set for a total of $49.97 and I wasn’t allowed the promotion if I didn’t find the additional three cents (Threw in a CMF to get the $50 minimum).
    jmeninno said:
    ^ and ^^...TEACH ME
    Lesson One: SCAN EVERYTHING.
    Especially if it is an older set!
    SeijiAmasawa77ncaachampsspepper
  • ericbericb Member Posts: 92

You could donate the set to a charitable organization who will in turn get it into the hands of a less fortunate child.  That would make a kid's day.
    77ncaachampsmak0137LittleLori
    ericb said:

You could donate the set to a charitable organization who will in turn get it into the hands of a less fortunate child.  That would make a kid's day.
    Great idea.
    Though I did not have that set yet, I will donate a duplicate set I do have!
    #PayItForward
    ericbmak0137LittleLori
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Went to a second TRU location yesterday & they still had the LBM sets available. Also Ninjago ones. 
    madforLEGO
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 588
    I have three TRU within 20 minutes, and last year I had trouble finding the promos.  No problem so far this year.
    madforLEGO
    Went back to TRU yesterday and they were out of several Super Heroes sets that were on sale, but they still had the Batman promo set.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Several City and Friends set 20% off. The website does not mention the minifigure pack promo, but as expected, it should be the City pack... hence City sets on sale ;-).

I will stop by when they open to hopefully grab one of the big sets on sale.
    Went over to TRU and found the Batman Bricktober sets available... for 19.99 :-(
    Anyone else seeing this pricing?
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 839
    Went over to TRU and found the Batman Bricktober sets available... for 19.99 :-(
    All the leftover Bricktober stuff has been $19.99 for a while now. I've only seen it discounted after being on shelves for a while.
    That said, I would grab it quickly if I were you. My store didn't sell them individually and still ran out by Wednesday.
    77ncaachamps
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Yes, that is the price it rang up for when I got it free. The receipt lists an original price and then deducts it. My store allowed people to buy them outright. 
    All the leftover Bricktober stuff has been $19.99 for a while now. I've only seen it discounted after being on shelves for a while.
    That said, I would grab it quickly if I were you. My store didn't sell them individually and still ran out by Wednesday.
    I thought the Ninjago bricktober sets were 14.99?
    My local store did not have any Batman minigure packs for purchase, only a few Ninjago and a a lot of City for this week promo.
    MooreFX
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    Went to my store later in the batman week and they were sold out. They did have week 4 (CMF recolors) on the shelves for $20. Was out by my parents today and stopped by the TRU their and saw 1 batman set left behind the video games check out section. They had police station #60141 on sale for about $65 (shelve price $84 and 20% off that) so I picked that up.
    gmonkey76 said:
    Went to my store later in the batman week and they were sold out. They did have week 4 (CMF recolors) on the shelves for $20. Was out by my parents today and stopped by the TRU their and saw 1 batman set left behind the video games check out section. They had police station #60141 on sale for about $65 (shelve price $84 and 20% off that) so I picked that up.
    Yeah, my brother hit up a few TRUs in the area and no Batman figure sets.. I think part is due to popularity and the other part is to smaller stock of them as I know the one TRU by me had 3-4 cases of the Ninjago Bricktober figure set, whereas the Batman bricktober figure set stock was one case at the TRU I was at.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 839
    I thought the Ninjago bricktober sets were 14.99?
    Nope. $19.99.
    77ncaachamps
    I went to one store today that had 5-6 Batman sets behind customer service. No Batman or Ninjago on the shelves. Had plenty City sets.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Luckily I found one Batman set hidden among a sea of Ninjago ones and picked it up today. Great little set. 
    madforLEGO
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    edited October 2017
    Town Bus Station #60154 is $39.99.  Has anyone seen it cheaper than this?  I was thinking about getting one or two.
    PapaBear said:
    Town Bus Station #60154 is $39.99.  Has anyone seen it cheaper than this?  I was thinking about getting one or two.
    I think it is 20% off at the price, pretty decent, but I think Ill roll the dice that it gets to 25-30% off around the BF sales
    PapaBear
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,702
    I desperately wanted to get the TLBM minifigure pack, but I couldn't justify spending $20 on it and my budget didn't go up to $50. :( 
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,702
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,922
    Do the in-store event builds ever have prints? I mean, besides prints that appear in other sets. I'm used to any unique patterns for in-store builds being stickers, like on https://brickset.com/sets/TRUNEXO-1/Nexo-Knights-Shield-Dock or https://brickset.com/sets/TORQUE-1/Rod-Torque-Redline

• HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Prints or not it's a free event for kids, not sure what was expected.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    These events are for kids not adults.  Perfect for young children learning to build by following easy step by step instructions.  
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    TRU had a Cogsworth and Lumiere free build a few years ago and the faces were stickers that had to be applied.
    77ncaachamps
    I desperately wanted to get the TLBM minifigure pack, but I couldn't justify spending $20 on it and my budget didn't go up to $50. :( 
    Apparently not desperate enough. We all have a price... some people are willing to go $30-40+. Good for you for sticking with your budget and limits. Maybe the price will drop in the future.
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 183
    As of Saturday, my TRU had ~15 of the Ninjago Bricktober sets on the shelf for $15/each, and about the same number of Batman for $20/each.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger on #70901 and #70903 to get to $50 and got the MF for free.
    I wish my TRU had more remaining.... I would buy the remaining Batman sets now that everyone's had the opportunity with last week's promo and offer them up here.
    #60169 Cargo Terminal and #41317 Sunshine Catamaran are both 20% off RRP. Thinking about picking one of the two today... will get a second City minifigure pack for free; not that I need/want another one, but free is free ;-)
    madforLEGOgmonkey76
    ^-Too bad my local stores seem to have no more Batman Bricktober sets, and the Jungle one is out now. Wish the sales prices appeared next week.