Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    ^ Does this mean more coming online soon?
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 526
    ^ One can only hope...

• mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 539
    Who here is still waiting for their backorder to be filled?  I'm curious to hear how many are still waiting and how this might affect online availability as well as the wait lists in stores. Will they start prioritizing the wait list people after the backorders are filled or will they become available again on [email protected] and the waitlisters will just have to wait to see when the store happens to get new stock (most likely the waitlisters would buy online rather than waiting though).
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    Just finished Stage 6 which are the mandibles. Just getting a small taste of the greebling that will be coming along later.   Outline of Falcon finally there though. Here are the spares for Stage 6. 

omniumFowlerBricks
  • mssloan1962mssloan1962 Member Posts: 10
    Ghendd said:
    Change on the lego store website: purchase limit for the MF is now set to 1.

The words 'horse' and 'bolted' come to mind
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but has anyone spotted what's wrong with the picture on the box?
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but has anyone spotted what's wrong with the picture on the box?
    I'm guessing you are referring to the fact Han is piloting the Falcon Away from Cloud city, instead of taking a carbonite ride in Slave I.
    PapaBeardougtsmssloan1962snowhitieMr_CrossFowlerBricks
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,031

FowlerBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,415
    ^All those question marks make that picture borderline meme-ish, no?
    dougtsSumoLego
  • HyogaHyoga JapanMember Posts: 13
    I'm guessing you are referring to the fact Han is piloting the Falcon Away from Cloud city, instead of taking a carbonite ride in Slave I.
    If it's this kind of thing, let's start with the tie fighters chasing the MF?

Indeed I was. :)
  • Brikkyy13Brikkyy13 AustraliaMember Posts: 20
    myscrnnm said:
    Got mine last night and just finished it. Anyone else bothered by the fact that Chewbacca can't be properly seated in the front of the cockpit when someone is sitting behind him? The mold for his torso can't clear the feet of the passenger. Otherwise a very nice build, and not as symmetrical as I thought it would be. The stages of the build were well-paced and very interesting.
    This is probably my only issue with the set apart from the stickers. The worst part is how easily fixed it is. 
  • welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 32
    Seems they have new stock. Mine was shipped yesterday. Ordered Sep 14th, was on backorder at the time.
    Now i have to think about where to put it on display. :-)
    Here are the extras for Stage 7. Starting to fill the bottom of the mandibles.  Only 2 spares. 

omnium
    And spares for Stage 8 which continue to work on the undersurface of the Falcon.  Again very few spares. 

omnium
    Stage 9 spares. 

Here is Stage 10. Lot of work constructing great looking gun turret on the undersurface of the Falcon that will likely never be seen.  At this point the Falcon is heavy enough that it was a real struggle finding a place to lift it to slip the turret in.   Here are the spares. More than half way there now.  

Stage 11 spares.  I was a little nervous about the light grey element next to the 1x1 tiles as it seemed a little big to have a spare but this was a short stage and meticulous double check of the instructions confirmed it. You use 4 of them, you get 5 total. It's a spare.  

And Stage 12. Finally putting together the panels on the back.  Should have 13 and 14 done by tonight as well and then the final stretch. Falcon really starting to take shape now.  About 20 hours into it. 

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,361
    samiam391 said:
    SumoLego said:
    ^ I find the lack of explosions distrubing.
    I find your lack of spelling disturbing.
    I habe a rouge spellczecher.
    mak0137MynattMAGNINOMINISUMBRAgmonkey76bandit778M_Boss
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Indeed I was. :)
    The only other thing I see as a mistake would be the fact that Cloud City is the concept art design and not the one seen in the ESB. I guess its not that big of a deal unless you compare it to the UCS Slave 1 which has the correct version of Cloud City in the box art.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,084

I cannot be the only one who is fascinated by the 'Glad' Tupperware container with the spares from each bag that @Dfchang813 is sharing throughout the build process. If I ever get this set, I'll be referencing this thread for certain *. It's almost more exciting than seeing the actual set being built (of which many photos have already been shared, @Adzbadboy being the ones I remember most clearly).

Also can't believe people's attention to detail about the box art - I never look closely at box art, so thanks for pointing stuff out!

* If I can get search to work.

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    MaffyD said:

I cannot be the only one who is fascinated by the 'Glad' Tupperware container with the spares from each bag that @Dfchang813 is sharing throughout the build process.

Clearly not.
    MaffyD said:

* If I can get search to work.

I had the same thought, so I've been saving his photos locally as the stages go by so I can compare to my build too. But with only 41 posts so far, it's easier to find the photos on @Dfchang813's profile than it is for @Adzbadboy, who's racked up loads more posts :-)
    MaffyD
    Stage 13.  And the back panels are finished. Very interesting as the build is asymmetrical because you need to access the one interior for play purchases. 

omnium
    And Stage 14. The front panel "wing". I expected it to lock down but it just slots in. The final stretch awaits. 

omnium
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    Has anyone who was put on a list been contacted from your store yet?
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 526
    ^ Heard nothing from [email protected]
    Stage 15. The two circular side ports and the front panels. Only the last arm awaits. Here are the spares. This was a tough one and shows what fatigue can do to you. First I neglected to build the 2 side ports together and so had to do it twice in a row. Which was a blessing in disguise because the 2nd time through I noticed a mistake I had made initially and needed to break the first one apart to correct it. Then half way through the panel I COULD NOT find a piece .. only to realize it was upside down in plain sight in my Tupperware bowl.  Took me almost 2 hrs but should have taken half as long. smh. 

omnium
  • WJC1WJC1 Member Posts: 5

A few people have asked about the difference between the old 10179 parts list and then new falcon.  I have done some analysis on the BrickLink inventories.

Out of the 7513 parts (ignoring minifigures) 2186 are present in 10179 exactly the same.  a further 348 are likely to be able to be substituted (different colours inside etc) leaving 4978 to buy - more than half.  This may be reduced if you are willing to change colours on the outside - but even so...

Looking at the BL prices for the cockpit halves, 3 6x6 windows and the dejarik table, these 6 elements on there own are £300 right now.

I think it will be much cheaper to buy the new one (if you can get it).

WJC1

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    ^You can actually compare via Rebrickable now that they have both inventories.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,051
    Take a look at rebrickable.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    Any feel from anywhere as to when this will be generally available?
    Wow. Made the mistake of starting Stage 16 later at night and it was a nightmare of technic microbuilding.  Now I'm sleepy and tired today after staying up way past my bedtime. Lol. Here is a pic of the spares and where the Falcon is at one stage from being done.  

omnium
  • jeremy1973jeremy1973 Member Posts: 50
    Bags 1 through 11
  • jeremy1973jeremy1973 Member Posts: 50
    Getting there

JonathanChauCM4SFowlerBricks
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    So has anyone dumped all the bricks into one pile and started (finished!?) building?
  • Brikkyy13Brikkyy13 AustraliaMember Posts: 20
    caterham7 said:
    So has anyone dumped all the bricks into one pile and started (finished!?) building?
    This guy on reddit has dumped everything into a pile but I dunno if he's finished yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/ucs_mf_75192/comments/74bb2a/never_followed_numbers_bags_not_gonna_start_now/
    omniumMynatt
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    That's insane.  Big sets need numbered bags.  Most of the sets I built without numbered bags were in the low hundreds piece count.  It could take hours just to find a few pieces in that.
  • stetstet Member Posts: 45
    Numbered bags only count for the first time you build it.
    Johnyk668Brikkyy13Legoboy
  • GregHGregH ScotlandMember Posts: 7
    Mine just arrived. Yodel left in the frickin' shed. I had a go at them and might have pissed them off. At least I have it - backordered since the 14 Sept.  
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    I think the last big set I built without numbered bags was the imperial shuttle. I just remember opening bag after bag and being worried about not having room for containers to hold all the parts. I can’t even imagine this one...
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,925

MaffyD said:

I cannot be the only one who is fascinated by the 'Glad' Tupperware container with the spares from each bag that @Dfchang813 is sharing throughout the build process.

I'm amused by the phrasing 'Glad' Tupperware container — I'm pretty sure the folks at Tupperware would feel about the same way hearing that as we'd feel about hearing somebody describe 'Mega Bloks' Lego sets. :P
    M_BossLegogramLostInTranslationcatwranglermonstblitzLyichirMegtheCat
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Aanchir said:

MaffyD said:

I'm amused by the phrasing 'Glad' Tupperware container — I'm pretty sure the folks at Tupperware would feel about the same way hearing that as we'd feel about hearing somebody describe 'Mega Bloks' Lego sets. :P
    Mega construx... 
    oldtodd33mak0137catwranglerSumoLego
    Finished. Here are the Stage 17 spares and a few shots of my completed Falcon. 

M_BossdspigelkbwFowlerBricksomniumSirBrickalotOfLegoMegtheCat