Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Early release for Saturn v...

Comments

• OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    wonder if there is any chance of an offer on this set in store
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    This is available on back order in the U.K. 
    snowhitie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,232
    wonder if there is any chance of an offer on this set in store
    One would have to show up in a store first!
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2017
    Good grief, it was back on back order, but then thanks to the Millenium Falcon debacle, the website went wonky, and now its gone out of stock again after 2 days.

Ah well, at least it was OOS for 2 weeks until it went back on back order, then OOS again. Maybe consider waiting till after Christmas for demand to settle. Any thoughts?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,526
    Good grief, it was back on back order, but then thanks to the Millenium Falcon debacle, the website went wonky, and now its gone out of stock again after 2 days.

Ah well, at least it was OOS for 2 weeks until it went back on back order, then OOS again. Maybe consider waiting till after Christmas for demand to settle. Any thoughts?
    I think after Christmas it may, as I'm guessing if there are those trying to corner a market it is for the Christmas market unfortunately.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,286
    Just FYI, but there were at least 3 in the Leeds Lego store on Friday. Yes, I appreciate that this is old news, but indicates that they are being restocked in B&M stores and could be worth ringing up your local...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Any indication that US stores are starting to be restocked?
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 418
    edited September 2017
    prevere said:
    Any indication that US stores are starting to be restocked?
    I'm in NC and was able to secure one by calling around. The NC stores were getting stock pretty regularly. Their shipments come in on Thursday and usually they'd get a few, then sell out by weekend. Definitely worth calling around and asking. Some of the stores were unwilling to ship as it's a new item. Some would. Not sure if this is the case still as I stopped checking after picking one up.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 555
    [email protected] has them back in stock and can be ordered again.
    simon_ratcliffe_101kbwColoradoBricksbrickventures
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    edited September 2017
    Ho hum. All about the MF now! : )
    kbwFollowsClosely
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 201
    That must have been short-lived...

• RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 365
    MaffyD said:
    Just FYI, but there were at least 3 in the Leeds Lego store on Friday. Yes, I appreciate that this is old news, but indicates that they are being restocked in B&M stores and could be worth ringing up your local...
    Yes, seem to regularly be showing up in store. I saw at least 2 in the Dinseyland Paris store last Thursday and then today (Tuesday) there were 3 on the shelf in the Brighton store (with space to suggest a fourth had recently been bought).

Still not got one yet myself though, as I think my wife is going to try and buy one for my birthday next week.
    Brickfan50
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 418
    Still not got one yet myself though, as I think my wife is going to try and buy one for my birthday next week.
    You lucky one! Give me a wife like that!
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    I must say, this is an excellent set.  I'm just struggling to find a way and place to display it.
    mattytreks
  • andywilsonandywilson UKMember Posts: 63
    I saw a very excited holidaying Australian child, and his just as excited father,  grab one off the shelf in the Brighton Lego Store last week. Apparently they'd been trying and failing to get one back in Oz since launch. I imagine they're going to have more luggage to fly home than they brought with them - just hope the UK wasn't the first step in a tour of Europe!
    OrmskirkBricksLegogram
  • andywilsonandywilson UKMember Posts: 63
    monkyby87 said:
    I must say, this is an excellent set.  I'm just struggling to find a way and place to display it.

I was nervous with it standing vertically so now have it horizontally on a glass shelf from Argos - http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8333535

• blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 218
    i had my name down for 1 with my local store here in Aus and a week before they were due, Lego cancelled the order. wasn't too happy to get the message.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 555
    Wow, they clearly don't have their ducks in row on this one.  I would have preferred to have waited until October to get the double VIP.  But given how quickly this has been going out of stock I'm glad I ordered my yesterday.  You'd think you could at least be able to have this one on back order given how long they have talked about having it in production.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    I am fairly certain this will be available at some point during double VIP or another good promotion by the end of the year.  My inner Brickset mind just can't bring myself to pay full retail.
    stlux
  • SecretjediSecretjedi Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2017
    Its in stock John Lewis now, my British chums
  • bfeigherybfeighery Peterborough, UKMember Posts: 50
    A few still in stock at london leicester square store. I got one to build up for my birthday, my wallet would have prefered it as a gift from someone else though.
    LegogramMegtheCat
  • daryllginodaryllgino FloridaMember Posts: 9
    just ordered mine! thanks @mattytreks
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,207
    @mattytreks thank you very much! Finally ordered one!
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    Wow, it's been live for three hours.

Wonder if LEGO Stores are going to start getting these back in more frequently.
  • darkstonegreydarkstonegrey USAMember Posts: 15
    edited October 2017
    Hah, was just about to mention back in stock and see @mattytreks already posted bout it!

In addition to the Lloyd minifig promo, got another 5004936 D2C Excl. MF Cave Set V160 added to my order too! So if you missed that promo earlier, extra incentive to order in the US now (as if the Saturn V isn't instant incentive enough, lol).
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    ^ordered the old fishing store this AM due to that surprise.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Um....it's still available.  Did they just make a bazillion of these or is the hype finally over?
    Still available at this moment.
    Ahh, LEGO's good ol' website, can always count on a dysfunctional problem with it.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,232
    I got a call back from a Barnes & Noble late last week that they had one. When I picked it up I asked if they had more. Nope; just the one.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 533
    Not on the Irish site...
  • ScatterbugScatterbug WalesMember Posts: 109
    Muftak1 said:
    Not on the Irish site...
    There's a dedicated [email protected] Irish site?
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    Also not in stock on the Belgian site - but I already own one ;)
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    My backorder has changed to In Warehouse so I think all produced sets are still being shipped off to customers in Europe.
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 201
    just ordered mine! thanks @mattytreks
    kwkw said:
    @mattytreks thank you very much! Finally ordered one!
    For you two gents that ordered one yesterday, has your order already shipped as of today?
  • alsfdaslfsdhfalsfdaslfsdhf WIMember Posts: 1
    Ordered from the US Lego shop yesterday.  Shipped today.  Arrives tomorrow.  Whew!
  • daryllginodaryllgino FloridaMember Posts: 9
    ^^yup and will arrive this friday.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,207
    Yep mine shipped as well
  • BigOnBricksBigOnBricks Member Posts: 23
    Mine shipped, can't wait
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 533
    Muftak1 said:
    Not on the Irish site...
    There's a dedicated [email protected] Irish site?
    Yup.
    edited October 2017
    Got my Saturn V.. In a big box with LEGO marks over all of it. So much for keeping the box incognito (which when you live at an apartment is a nice feature to have)
  • alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 335
    I see Lego.com (US) is out of stock again (:
    alaskaguy said:
    I see Lego.com (US) is out of stock again (:
    Yeah, but it took them something like 24 hours to run out of stock again.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 525
    ^Looks like that Australian rocket had a problem right after lift off.

Too bad this thing is gone again.  I was hoping to get one with Double VIP
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 525
    Back in stock at walmart
    madforLEGO
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    FNAC now has stock of the Saturn V, EUR 119,99. Only on their French site, but they deliver to most countries.
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    edited October 2017

Was really hoping to get it with double VIP this autumun, well... still unavailable in Europe :(

Maybe in spring with double VIP when I usually buy my new modular?

• Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 467
    Plenty of Saturn Vs in Watford store today.