Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Missed out on Lester?

AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 934
edited October 2017 in Collecting
New poly at London store. £5.99. (edit: info from facebook)
Th1nDieselkwkwLostInTranslationbandit778SMCCoolguy5000omniumWookie2GothamConstructionCoiso3200LegopantsbrickedinsnowhitiedavetheoxygenmanAddicted2OxygenkhmellymelAllBrickclickabrickFowlerBricksHangedSanchez

Comments

• paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,967
    £5.99! Incredible
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,457
    Just saw it on facebook too, you were first :D

Possibly has a different hat than the original one....
    Aleydita
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Which London store? Leicester Square I'm assuming but just verifying! 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,120
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Been waiting for this since I didn't win one on the opening day.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,194
    Awesome! Really wanted one of the original Lester promos but couldn't bring myself to spend that much money for him on eBay. Can any Londoners help me out with selling me a couple of these Lester polys? 
    jmeninnoSumoLego
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,674
    Same here. Would anyone be kind enought to grab me a few?
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,561
    I'd love one too!
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    I'd like one also if anyone can send one to the states. 
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,697
    I'm heading out tomorrow to grab one and a couple for a friend! I wonder how low the price will drop for the 2016 ones given out during the grand opening?
    TheFew
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    I maybe interested in one. Do we maybe want one point person in the states to get them and send them out to save on shipping?
    kwkwjmeninnoM_Boss
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 321
    I would like 1 or 2 also, either as a group ship or by myself.
    kwkwdspigel
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 934
    Someone suggested it was a 5-per-person limit. So naturally, by Tuesday morning, some dude in Italy will have a few hundred for sale on Bricklink ;)
    OrmskirkBricksandhe
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 215
    I would definitely be interested in a couple too but it's not in my local vicinity :-(
    edited October 2017
    Blimey! I’m already planning to grab 7...

...hoping they don’t have issues with multiple purchases. Maybe I’ll put the five in my backpack and do a second round on the first floor :P

Anyone know if it’s safe to have more than the limit of a certain set on a VIP card, should I not risk it?

@Huw @CapnRex101 Do you guys need any for reviews?
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,561
    @Adzbadboy just show them this thread,  say your there on official Brickset business(if @Huw approves :) ) and request a pallet of Lester's !
    AdeelZubairoldtodd33gmonkey76sid3windrAllBrick
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    £6 is a lot for just one minifig, but I suppose exclusivity and the tourist trap will mean it'll sell lots. I definitely need 2! Annoying I haven't got any immediate plans to go to London though.
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I'll pop into Leicester Square tomorrow also...will see what they have left/will allow!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    It could only be a matter of time before this polybag appeared, as I think we all anticipated. Very pleased!

@Adzbadboy - If you are able to pick one up it would be much appreciated. I could collect it when passing through London next week to save on postage if convenient.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I would definitely like a Lester polybag but no plans to go into London for the next couple of weeks :-(
    Hope they've planned plenty of stock on these. 

Shib
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,441
    Also in the want one of those but unlikely to be near the store any time soon, ah well c'est la vie
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    edited October 2017
    I have to admit I'm on the bandwagon for one (or two if possible) if some is willing to send them to the US (or [email protected]  said, if someone can be the main point to get them in the US and then send them out to others in the US).

jmeninnobaublitz
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 530
    Front page article says it’s a 3 per customer limit.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 255
    I have to admit I'm on the bandwagon for one (or two if possible) if some is willing to send them to the US (or [email protected]  said, if someone can be the main point to get them in the US and then send them out to others in the US).

I might be in for 1-2 as well.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,277
    Would have liked one and it would be nice if they eventually end up as a GWP at some point as getting to the capital is a pain in the posterior so I try to avoid going if I can help it. 
    It's good that it has been released as a general purchase though and I'm sure it has made a lot of people happy. 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,054
    Ooh, that's good news. Hope to be able to get one of these at some point too then.
    SumoLego
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 208
    I would be in for 1-2 as well if we can arrange some to the states.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I want one! I'll just try and get one off ebay or bricklink, with a limit of 3 and so many bricksetters asking for one I imagine it will be kind of hard to get one for all of us. ebay prices shouldn't be that bad if its just readily available.
    adiemc said:
    Front page article says it’s a 3 per customer limit.
    I was planning to pick up three for myself: one to open, one to keep sealed and one for a future MOC related to the store.

In addition to that I have a couple of others who wanted me to pick up a couple extras, I've counted 10 so far...I really hope it's possible, fingers crossed!
    TheFew
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 913
    Ditto what the US dudes and dudettes are saying.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 422
    Excellent news. Shame I have no opportunity to get to Leicester Square anytime soon. Hopefully it will appear at other stores. Have a slightly higher change of getting to Watford. Even better if it shows up at [email protected] Fingers crossed. 
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    If anyone can get me 3 and send them up to scotland that would be fantastic. I would obviously pay for the figures and a wee bit as well 
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Again Another London exclusive. Joke again from TLG. Ever since Leicester Square opened its been the same rubbish with exclusives down there 
    Wookie2
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,144
    edited October 2017
    Me me me! I'd love a couple. Can trade or pay.
    SumoLego
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 521
    With any luck I will be able to get to the store some time this week, Leicester Square are usually very strict about limits 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,649
    As soon as I saw that hat in Ninjago city...
    SumoLegoIan_S
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 317

International "Point and laugh at people trying to flog off event exclusive figures for exceedingly stupid prices" day came early I see.
    Aleyditagmonkey76TheBigLegoski
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,285
    ^ Well... packaging?
    samiam391
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,277
    Already on ebay for £29 and upwards. Seems it's going to be as popular with sellers as it is with colletors so I hope they have a huge run on these.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 840
    I'm one of those Americans that would love it if it were picked up for him and shipped to the states. :)
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    Ditto with @CaptainRogers I also would love to get one.
    Legogram
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    I'm also a US-based person looking to snag one of these too please (if the bulk 'ship to the States and redistribute' scheme happens)
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    I have some cool minifigs to trade for a Lester if one were to be inclined to buy an extra
  • BenzoBenzo Member Posts: 3
    I would love to get one too! Would anyone be willing get me one and ship to Canada?
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 163
    It would be great if someone could possible help with 2 Lester polys.

I have #40176 Scarif stormtrooper that i would be happy to trade.

• OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    So has anyone worked out the difference yet between the Leicester Square Opening Minifig (apart from the packaging) and the Polybag version? I don't have the original so nothing to compare to.
    Legogram
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,977
    Comparing the photos of each, there looks to be nothing different apart from the poly version having the umbrella.

I bought an aftermarket torso printed by bricksanity when they were first released, its good enough for me, but if I'm passing I'll probably grab a couple for my stash as he's a great minifigure.
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    If anyone gets more than they need, I would love just one too :) 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    So has anyone worked out the difference yet between the Leicester Square Opening Minifig (apart from the packaging) and the Polybag version? I don't have the original so nothing to compare to.
    I'm pretty sure it's a different hat.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,441
    I really don't think it is a different hat, given that same hat piece has just been used in black in Ninjago City. I think it's just the angling of the picture that's making people think that it's a different hat.