Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's the most you've spent on a Minifigure?

xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
edited September 2017 in Collecting
Mine's the 2012 New York Toy Fair Darth Maul polybag - £14.

https://brickset.com/sets/5000062-1/Darth-Maul

I'd really like the Darth Revan polybag too, but currently the cheapest one for sale is £25, and I'm not sure I could bring myself to spend that much on a Minifigure.

https://brickset.com/sets/5002123-1/Darth-Revan

What's yours?

Comments

• RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    I finally broke down and spent about $30 on Deadpool a few months back.  Other than that I have tried to restrain myself.
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 266
    Sheesh, I'm nearly embarassed to admit I spent $200 for a gold chrome C3-PO many years ago, but I did...
    And @xwingpilot, I happen to have an extra MISB Darth Revan lying around, feeling rather lonely and unwanted.
    Drop me a pm, maybe we can work something out!

• Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 510
    About tree-fiddy!

OK, maybe even less than that. Never really wanted to purchase just a minifigure, outside of the Series ones. And that was back when they were a lot cheaper per bag.

datsunrobbiedougts
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Sheesh, I'm nearly embarassed to admit I spent $200 for a gold chrome C3-PO many years ago, but I did...
    And @xwingpilot, I happen to have an extra MISB Darth Revan lying around, feeling rather lonely and unwanted.
    Drop me a pm, maybe we can work something out!

PM sent!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,696
    I spent $40 on a chrome Vader a few years ago but that is about it for expensive ones.
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 241
    I spent $36 on Agent Coulson, but he came in a box with a bunch of other parts...
    donutboyMegtheCatOrmskirkBricks
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    ^ Don't get me started on sets I have purchased for one or two minifigures!
    A.BrickovskyOrmskirkBricks
  • inklingbricksinklingbricks Member Posts: 80
    For me it was £35 for a Davy Jones minifigure last Christmas - but considering they were going for £60 at the time, I was practically saving money... right? :P 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,458
    The most I've spent is $3.99 + tax on a series fig. 

I've been trying to avoid the urge to start collecting a certain theme(s) of figs. It's a rabbit hole I cannot afford to slip into!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Most I've spent was £70 on a gold 3po.  Not even sure what I was thinking at the time but I'm glad I did.  Second would be £30 on a chrome Darth.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    $350 for the exclusive snowtrooper minifig that came with Assault on Hoth. I gave the rest of the set away after getting my hands on that precious minifig!
    speppersnowhitieMegtheCatrichlCommanderRaab
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 266
    edited September 2017
    @samiam391 - I don't even want to know, so don't post an answer :-) but I do feel better now.

Legoboy said:
    Second would be £30 on a chrome Darth.
    To think I had ten misb chrome vaders (gotten for free at tru), I gave 8 away, sold one for a fiver, and the last...well, I look at him daily.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 325
    I once spent $19 for Mola Ram. Usually $13 is my limit on what I'll spend on a minifigure.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 702
    About $20 on a ~2007 Lego Batman Mr. Freeze (the first time LEGO had the DC license).
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,807
    SDCC Green Lantern for $225 on eBay.
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 333
    edited September 2017
    I spent $50 to get Davy Jones recently.  I also just commissioned Minifigs.me to create a Gozer for me. She roughly cost me about $55 including shipping. We bought a Deadpool with the set he came in, when it was new. I saw another poster mentioned him. These are our 3 most valuable Minifigs. I also have custom Freddy Krugers, Jason, Michael Meyers, and Ash from Evil Dead. Those are all the minifigs we have that I value at $20 or more. 

Unless you count Smaug, I have 2 of him. Speaking of LOTR, the hobbits tend to do pretty well also.
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I think mine was £18.85 for the Series 1 Zombie followed by £16.75 for the Bumblebee Girl CMF. Spent a small fortune catching up on desirable figures when I first got back into Lego. 
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    I'm too embarrassed to post what I paid for a SDCC minifig.

Another question is what is the most you've sold a minifig?  I think mine is a zombie bride I sold for around $65
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,569
    Mine's the 2012 New York Toy Fair Darth Maul polybag - £14.

That's not a minifigure, that is a set!
    ward
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ A set comprising one minifigure...
    Shib
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 333
    I sold a Carina from the newest POTC film for $25. Last time I checked, it was still the highest sold one on BL.
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    250 on a deadpool duck... smh still regretting that one 
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 915
    Silver Centurion for £23.
    It was worth the argument with my wife.
    A.Brickovskyturboslot
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    I sold a Carina from the newest POTC film for $25. Last time I checked, it was still the highest sold one on BL.
    Yeah, that Carina has the light aqua arms needed for monofig collectors
    CaptainPirateMan
  • GentlyBenevolentGentlyBenevolent Member Posts: 327
    Unikitty San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Exclusive #COMCON040-1 for £45 off ebay, I was the only bidder & wet myself with delight when I won her :)
    Her Value ATM is around £130 & she is sat in my Unikitty collection.
    snowhitiesklambstlux
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,776
    samiam391 said:
    Ha, ha... ha... haha... er, this is a thread I probably shouldn't post an answer to...

@gratefulnat - don't be embarrassed by $200 ;)
    Can I be Deputy Mayor of that Town?
    YodaliciousGothamConstructionCostlux
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,251
    edited September 2017
    SumoLego said:
    samiam391 said:
    Ha, ha... ha... haha... er, this is a thread I probably shouldn't post an answer to...

@gratefulnat - don't be embarrassed by $200 ;)
    Can I be Deputy Mayor of that Town?
    @SumoLego- As a supplier of some of your crazy minifigure purchases I can comfortably (more sadly, really) state that you need to be even more insane to be my deputy mayor... although give me time and I'll get you there ;)
    SumoLegostlux
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,776
    I can be content to be the dog catcher. 

I suppose I only have three relatively unreasonable minifigure purchases... and I can keep it at that.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
    edited September 2017
    Well at least none of you paid 18,000 Euros for a 14 carat solid gold 2x4 brick.  These were only given out from 1979-81 in Germany (Hohenwestedt) to LEGO employees who had 25 or more years of service, or business associates of distinction. 

One 14 carat 2x4 LEGO brick back in February sold for $12,500, and just recently a Belgian collector friend (liquidating his collection) sold his gold brick for 18,000 Euros! :-O

So don't feel too bad on how much you paid for a little bit of LEGO!!  
    samiam391snowhitiecatwranglerstlux
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Don't forget about the George Lucas in Space Minifigure auction!
    gmonkey76catwrangler
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 126
    I won't be too embarrassed to say that I paid $400 for a mint-in-packaging SDCC 2014 Batman of Zur-en-Arthur minifigure.

If I can't win them, I'm buying them...
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,918
    Keep them coming, this is going to to be a great thread to get me out of trouble as the missus thinks I'm nuts when I say I'm going to drop £650 on a huge Lego set. Thank you all. :)
    gmonkey76MaffyDLegoboysnowhitieOrmskirkBricksstlux
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 852
    I've paid quick a pretty penny for my nytf, nycc, and sdcc superheroes minifigures
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 885
    Mine is one punch man at around US$23.

Ayliffe
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    Mr gold, and it was for a pressie ! Daren't tell how much but more than any listed so far..
    FowlerBrickssnowhitie
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 55
    My most expensive figures are the two NASA Apollo astronauts but I was lucky to buy them in the lunar lander set. 
  • OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    I will be selling my cmf collection series 1-10 inc Mr Gold ( with his paperwork ) if anyone wants to go completely bonkers
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 692
    I will be selling my cmf collection series 1-10 inc Mr Gold ( with his paperwork ) if anyone wants to go completely bonkers
    @redarmy
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    I remember correctly it was a sealed #5002946 - Silver Centurion for £20.

I’ve refused to purchase Minifigures that are sold separately from sets, new or used; I’d have to purchase the set. I’ve also never purchased a set for a specific Minifigure, it’s always various reasons or multiple Minifigures. Given I’ve pretty much cut down on retail sets it won’t be happening as often.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    Dimensions aside ('cos lets be honest, the main selling point for us lot is the 'figs innit), the most I think I've spent is £12 for one of the Orange Lego Universe astronauts - I'd always wanted one when I was a kid, so I treated myself to one at BRICK a couple of years back. It's a good 'un!
    gmonkey76bandit778catwrangler
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,469
    £6 for Quicksilver. No way I was buying that crappy set just for him.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,172
    Despite attending SDCC the past several years, I bought all 4 of the SDCC 2013 Super Heroes minifigures on eBay after not winning each day that year. 

1. Green Arrow $540
    2. Superman $450 & 325
    3. Spiderman $405
    4. Spiderwoman - $375

I'm so glad they have not been as limited since then.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Somewhere in the $20-30 range. Silver Centurions, Iron Patriots, Joker and Batman from the Tumbler. Probably one or two others in that range. I’m hunting for a Bellatrix, so that may push it a bit. 

But I do really, REALLY want a Sam Wilson Captain America. 

So far, not too much on any one specific figure, but ask me to calculate how much I’ve spent total on Iron Man minifigs and I might give myself a minor heart attack. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,266
    6€ for a joker, but it was in addition to arkham asylum breakout for 120€ but without figs.

I guess the most I saved was 45€ for a sith fury class interceptor without minifigs. no way I was paying 25€ for darth malgus (I think that's him?) or paying like 100€ to get a complete set from europe, when I can get it in france for 45€
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 315
    @Yodalicious I'm in the same boat with some of the Iron Man figures. Probably $30 on Iron Patriot, was given the Silver Centurion as a gift, and got a number of sets just for the others and War Machine figs. They're the only ones I collect all of (only missing the 2012 NY Toy Fair one). I'm trying to come up with a display cabinet for the them but haven't come across any I really like. 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,270
    I guess £4.50, but that will have been attached to a magazine which also had an extra gift. Not yet been able to bring myself to buy loose figures from bricklink or eBay or even a dimensions set even though I'd love to have some of them.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 695
    dmcc0 said:
    @redarmy
    Good god man...are you determined to turn me into a eunuch?......but how bonkers am i?
    dmcc0