Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What is your single favorite Lego piece?

2»

Comments

• brickingbricking LAMember Posts: 57
    edited April 2017
    This came out at the same time as minifigures. It will be 40 years old next year.
    They used grey ones in classic space for moon buggies.

https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PL/3787.png
    catwranglerJudgeChuck
  • JudgeguyJudgeguy ScotlandMember Posts: 17
    In Lego documentaries they always highlight the 2x4 brick as the best Lego piece and I'll admit it's iconic. However, I find it is not that useful. It can't be used for walls because you might as well use a 1 thick piece instead. It is also too short in length to be used to strengthen the core of a vehicle. A 2x6 is the minimum for that purpose.

For my favourite I'll go for #4070 "angular brick"

If understood properly it can be used in so many ways. While it is not a pretty or iconic brick, I feel that it is an example of the genius of the Lego system.
    catwranglerelectrobovine
  • JudgeguyJudgeguy ScotlandMember Posts: 17
    My favorite from my youth:

Could make a rocket out of anything.

It's true! You can just build anything and put these on and it becomes a spaceship or speeder or something
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
    edited September 2017
    Istokg said:

I didn't realise Lego did a 'little house in North Korea' set...
    MrJacksonsid3windrchuckpM_Bossoldtodd33bookmumgmonkey76
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    Only ONE favorite piece?!?! I have many that I fancy, but if I had to pick just one it would be the classic 2x4 brick.
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Bicycle of course

Legogramsid3windrmadforLEGOchuckpcatwranglerdmcc0ImABrickManNowAllBrickMynatt
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,325
    Judgeguy said:
    In Lego documentaries they always highlight the 2x4 brick as the best Lego piece and I'll admit it's iconic. However, I find it is not that useful. It can't be used for walls because you might as well use a 1 thick piece instead. It is also too short in length to be used to strengthen the core of a vehicle. A 2x6 is the minimum for that purpose.

For my favourite I'll go for #4070 "angular brick"

If understood properly it can be used in so many ways. While it is not a pretty or iconic brick, I feel that it is an example of the genius of the Lego system.
    not my favourite, but I would pick bricks with studs on side over the headlight bricks. so much easier to use for snot. that was one of the new kind of pieces that excited me the most after leaving my dark age, as snot pieces availables in the 90's tended to be a bit awkward to use, as studs on side wouldn't line up perfectly with the side of regular bricks.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    edited September 2017
    Istokg said:

I didn't realise Lego did a 'little house in North Korea' set...
    Are you making fun of my "Rocket Man's" house??  :-O
    MrJacksondavetheoxygenmanM_Boss
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 54
    The 1x2 plate is one I never have enough from (except in black, it was in the PaB wall once) and can be used to make details fit in the wall!
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    Ah! This is a terrible question! How could I have one favorite piece!?! There's so many good ones! Actually, I think I do have a favorite: glow in the dark stud.
    Legogram
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,025

It's a nostalgia thing rather than a usefulness thing, but the space logo always makes me smile. Simple bit of design, instantly recognizable, brilliant! #918 was the first set that was mine and not shared with my elder siblings and this part, like the wings mentioned previously, instantly take me back.
    JudgeChuckLegogramSumoLegooldtodd33FowlerBricksricecakemak0137
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,190
    Istokg said:
    Every set needs an explosion!
    madforLEGOBumblepantsgmonkey76
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 766
    Bicycle of course

*Pushes glasses up* "uh, well, ACTUALLY, the Lego bicycle is made of 3 pieces, 2 of which are different, the frame and the wheel. What's that, no one asked me?"
    Bumblepantscatwranglermak0137sid3windrMynatt
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,325
    I don't think I have a current favourite piece, but when I was a child I prefered the 4* 10 * 6 burp, for making secret bases, like volcano bases, that kind of stuff.
    but I have at least currently a favourite weapon, the ninjago fire sword.
  • HyogaHyoga JapanMember Posts: 13
    This thread is making me angry, because I now remember a lot of sets/parts that I once possessed, but which were given away by a relative during one of my long periods of living abroad...
    Grrrr
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,032
    Judgeguy said:
    In Lego documentaries they always highlight the 2x4 brick as the best Lego piece and I'll admit it's iconic. However, I find it is not that useful. It can't be used for walls because you might as well use a 1 thick piece instead.
    Of course 2x4 bricks can be used to build walls. It was the staple brick of many 1970s LEGO buckets / boxes that kids had. Although I prefer 1x4 for walls as an adult, many kids still use 2x bricks for walls when they play. Plus they have the advantage that they can easily be used for stepped roofs (pyramid style), which cannot be done with a 1x brick.
    sid3windrcatwrangler
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 324
    I have to go with element 3046 2x2 slope double concave. 

And insofaras 2x4 bricks go, my skyscrapers are predominantly those, so I would agree that they have their place. 
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 900
    Helmets!

LegogramLittleLoriAllBrickmak0137dmcc0Switchfoot55ricecakeImABrickManNowcatwrangler