Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 126
    nexander said:
    nwr122 said:
    Her: what you doing?
    Me: nothing
    Her: you brought Lego on holiday with you?
    Me: why do you sound so surprised or is that disappointment ?
    A selection of minifigs in an afols camera bag is a requirement!

You need more Lego in your photos :)
    Minifigs she probably expects....the ziplock bag full of fun at the beach parts is probably too far in her eyes
    sid3windrcatwranglerLegogram
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 761
    Laughed like a crazy person while watching CinemaSins' Everything Wrong With The Lego Batman Movie,  especially the scene where Barbara talks about Batman and the crowd's reactions.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 86
    Hmmmm I kind of want to buy the new Millennium Falcon. Only if I find it in a store here and only if I can lay-buy it.  Over a grand for a Lego set is a little too much in one hit for me. Paying it off $100 at a time makes me feel better about it.
    I also want a smaller Falcon but I'm waiting for the Han Solo movie to come out and hopefully a Lego movie tie in set of that Falcon.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    Argh, TLNM is showing in cinemas in Luxembourg starting today, but in German dub only. The OV version will only start showing over here from Oct 14, in line with the Belgian release. I don't watch dubs, ever. Did I say argh? 3.5 more weeks to wait! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
    omniumbandit778Kerresnowhitie
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    With the hype of the #75192 - Millennium Falcon I totally forgot this set has officially taken me over 100,000 pieces in my collection, pretty impressive for someone in their early 20s.
    MaffyDLegogramomniumMr_Crosssnowhitiecatwranglerdavetheoxygenmantallblocktoo
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 245
    My status is that I'm half way through the build of my #21310 Old Fishing Store (Which I had signed by Robert Bontenbal). Put about 2 hours into it so far.

The girlfriend is out with a friend tonight, so it's just me, the dog, Lego, and some Belgian beer. It's going to be great. :)
    Addicted2OxygenHanzoomniumsnowhitieSpeedman29robertleylandcatwranglertallblocktoo
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,023
    My status is that I'm half way through the build of my #21310 Old Fishing Store (Which I had signed by Robert Bontenbal). Put about 2 hours into it so far.

The girlfriend is out with a friend tonight, so it's just me, the dog, Lego, and some Belgian beer. It's going to be great. :)
    Perfection really.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 887
    I went into a Lego Shop to simply enquirer when the UCS Falcon would be back in stock, but the wife said it makes her sad that I would go in and not buy anything, so walked out with the Old Fishing Store, the creator dinosaur set for the missus and a key holder for the hallway...  

then the missus said 'we are running out of room to display everything, maybe we should have a dedicated Lego room'

Best wife ever?

You should be wondering what she wants in return.....! It's a trap! She's trying to trisky you....
    robertleylandnwr122gmonkey76MAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitieBuriedinBricks
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    My status is that I'm half way through the build of my #21310 Old Fishing Store (Which I had signed by Robert Bontenbal).
    What is it with you opening signed sets?  We need to have a talk.  ;)
    Pitfall69Lego_Staromniumbandit778KlintanAdzbadboyWookie2
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,565
    Legoboy said:
    My status is that I'm half way through the build of my #21310 Old Fishing Store (Which I had signed by Robert Bontenbal).
    What is it with you opening signed sets?  We need to have a talk.  ;)
    Sets are meant to be be built! If it helps ease your mind, the Falcon hasn't been opened...yet. Simply a lack of space right now. ;)
    Yes! You should open sets! If you don't, then you shouldn't buy them!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Then I walked along and stumbled upon his pops too.

Though he wasn't so bricktastic, sipping all that booze.
    FowlerBrickssnowhitie
  • SmartArmoredMachineSmartArmoredMachine USAMember Posts: 29
    Is anyone else at the point where they are making long-winded general inquisitions to the LEGO community about why Shaak Ti minifigures are so hard to find in good condition?...Also, has anyone else basically run out of space for the sets they have built...I was happy to have space for a small box in which I keep a recently acquired great condition Shaak Ti minifigure...
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,475
    Pitfall69 said:
    I had Bob Ross sign my Picasso. 
    That's weird, I had Picasso sign my Bob Ross.  Happy little cubist trees!
    Pitfall69LEGO_Dad77catwranglergmonkey76Switchfoot55davetheoxygenmanMAGNINOMINISUMBRASeijiAmasawasnowhitie
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 254
    Is anyone else at the point where they are making long-winded general inquisitions to the LEGO community about why Shaak Ti minifigures are so hard to find in good condition?...Also, has anyone else basically run out of space for the sets they have built...I was happy to have space for a small box in which I keep a recently acquired great condition Shaak Ti minifigure...

Ran out of space? Ran out of Space? BWAHAHAHAHAHA, my collection has been in storage bins not more than a month or two after I finish up the review on Brickset and post it. It's gotten so bad that I've began pruning older sets at local cons in order to make room for the new stuff I really want to keep. Things that aren't in storage are left on the shelf, which so far consists of Indominus Rex Breakout, TFA Millennium Falcon, DC Arkham Asylum, 2012 Jabba's Palace, Ideas Doctor Who, Big Bang, Ecto-1, DeLorean Time Machine and Exo-Suit (I reluctantly stored the Research Institute because I had little reason to keep it out indefinitely.), Aeysha's Revenge, Avenger's Tower, Hulkbuster, Mystery Machine, The original Milano, the Batwing from Dawn of Justice and my Dimensions stuff.

I have limited shelf space, and with other collectibles, including Star Wars Black Series figures I only keep what I really want on display, the rest I bring out when I have room or have the overwhelming urge to take pictures of everything. I seriously need to stop being all-in on one and done Themes, so many LotR, Hobbit, Super Heroes, TLM, TLBM, TMNT, Friends and Miscellaneous Themes that I've collected that have nowhere to go. Ah well, those are the problems we all must face at one point or another.
    Was hoping there would be an early showing of TLNM late Thursday night at my local AMC, but alas, there was none. Took one of their activity sheets though. Wish it was a poster instead.

snowhitieLEGO_Dad77
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,962

WANNA WIN SOME TOP-QUALITY (NON-)LEGO TAT? OF COURSE, YOU DO!!! :-)))

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/27124/crikey-its-legopants-random-tat-giveaway#latest

TheBigLegoskibandit778SeijiAmasawaAddicted2Oxygenstlux
    Getting sick of trying to figure out if certain sets are exclusive to certain stores in Australia. For instance the Carnival Carousel is exclusive to David Jones and the modulars and some other sets are exclusive to Myer.
    This is a time I wish they would have a Lego store in each capital city.
    I like to buy my sets in a store and use online as a last resort. For big sets I like to lay buy so the money hit doesn't feel as big.
    What store will get the new Falcon? What store will get Ninjago City?
    It's a small but annoying thing.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 975
    edited September 2017
    ^Be EXTREMELY careful what you wish for!  If Australia gets LEGO brand stores then you may well see all our majors losing exclusivity of the D2C sets. We'd be locked into paying Australian RRP instead of the regular 10,20% off and B2G1F sales we see.  It's a bit of a bitch chasing who gets what but then the fun is trying to get it at the best deal possible.  
    EDIT: My predictions Myer for the Falcon and Big W for Ninjago City. 
    Charmiefcb
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    Was hoping there would be an early showing of TLNM late Thursday night at my local AMC, but alas, there was none. Took one of their activity sheets though. Wish it was a poster instead.

What part of California are you in? I can get you a poster or two.
    @Russell844 Ya talkin bout the one from the LEGO store, or are there other movie theatres givin them out?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    I just have regular movie posters that we were sent with other promotional items. These are not the one from the LEGO store.
  • Helgejohan3Helgejohan3 NederlandMember Posts: 2
    Technic 8859 ultimate during Construction. It has 4-wheel steering, 4WD (can switch to 2WD) diff Lock in front and rear, adjustable seat, Mount for Equipment in both ends, Power take-off in both ends, You can tilt the front Mount for Equipment and you can do the same in rear and it has a fat V8.

tallblocktooLEGO_Dad77
    ^Be EXTREMELY careful what you wish for!  If Australia gets LEGO brand stores then you may well see all our majors losing exclusivity of the D2C sets. We'd be locked into paying Australian RRP instead of the regular 10,20% off and B2G1F sales we see.  It's a bit of a bitch chasing who gets what but then the fun is trying to get it at the best deal possible.  
    EDIT: My predictions Myer for the Falcon and Big W for Ninjago City.
    It's more about getting sets on release day for me. I would rather go to a Lego store nd pick up an anticipated set from a store the day it's released over checking multiple websites and wondering if they have the set I want and what store it's stocked at.
    Plus waiting weeks for the set I want to turn up somewhere.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    @Legoboy
    Are Gungans allowed travel visas? ;)
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    @bandit778  
    Special ones are apparently.
    ps.
    You know, I always thought it very weird that all Gungans have eyes on stilts, except for boss Nass. What is up with that!
    bandit778LEGO_Dad77
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,374
    edited September 2017
    @Glacierfalls265, I really really enjoy your builds, whether virtual or real!
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Busy building sets to make space for the falcon box! New Lego room planned, but some months away.  Just finished the #42042 Crawler Crane which has been sat half built for a year!
    LegogramFowlerBrickstallblocktoocatwranglersnowhitie
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 230
    @Switchfoot55 Thank you so much! Apparently practice makes perfect because they're getting slightly better ;) 
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Did the free TRU mini Red temple build, as well as the scavenger hunt for Ninjago headbands (cool idea TRU!). Picked up the Green Dragon Mech #70612 (our first TLNM set), as well as the last few TLNM CMFs I wanted, and of course got to talk to several other LEGO enthusiasts, young and old. Great LEGO day!

Building the dragon tomorrow morning, followed by a matinee of the movie. FUN. :D
    LegogramGlacierfalls265ricecake
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,730
    Tidied the attic, reluctantly breaking down boxloads of models so they can fit into fewer boxes. But I kept all the Nexo Knights stuff together and left Medieval Market Village assembled, for future projects...
    KerreGlacierfalls265LEGO_Dad77snowhitie
  • LexcortinLexcortin Delta VilleMember Posts: 16
    I'm lurking around ninjago set today. Hope I can purchase within this week.
    Glacierfalls265
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 482
    Knocked over my precariously stacked collection of unbuilt/unopened sets and had to spend time trying to get them back into a relatively stable formation. It really is time to get the closet emptied out so I can have a better place to store my Lego.
    Legogram
    edited September 2017
    I learned what 'under the cosh' meant today.  Do Brits say 'in the weeds'?

These very pressing amd non-irrelevant questions need answers.
    iso3200snowhitiericecake
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 126
    SumoLego said:
    I learned what 'under the cosh' meant today.  Do Brits say 'in the weeds'?

These very pressing amd non-irrelevant questions need answers.
    Yes, unfortunately another phrase overused in many pointless meetings at work where we discuss doing a 360 after an idea shower and get into the weeds. We can touch base as to whether that answers the exam question once you're up @SumoLego
    SirBrickalotOfLegoSumoLego
    Deciding if I want to buy Lego this week. It's school holiday time in Sydney and the places where I buy Lego are packed with kids during holiday time so it becomes a complete pain and a chore to go through aisles and to buy products.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Deciding if I want to buy Lego this week. It's school holiday time in Sydney and the places where I buy Lego are packed with kids during holiday time so it becomes a complete pain and a chore to go through aisles and to buy products.
    I wouldn't let those kids intimidate you, I use the elbow/box out method similar to NBA players when I am challenged in the Lego isle.
    Charmiefcbgmonkey76M_Bossstlux
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,137
    Have come to the conclusion that I will not be buying the new Falcon set. Will instead use the funds to pick up sets that have been on my wish list for a good while now. I can satisfy the UCS impulse by breaking down and building my 10179 again (this time building it correctly).
    KlintanFowlerBrickssnowhitieLegogrambrickventuresLEGO_Dad77Salamalexcatwranglertallblocktoo
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 254

Feeling rather MEH right now about The LEGO Ninjago Movie, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be and lacked a great deal of the fun IMO that the other two movies had.

Might skip it, unless they include a really great Polybag with the thing worth the asking price.

edited September 2017
    nwr122 said:
    ...an idea shower...
    Idea shower?!?!  Sounds like a naughty activity for intellectuals.
    SirBrickalotOfLegogmonkey76nwr122Yodalicious