Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    They must be working on manufacturing enough to clear the backlog - my backorder is now in Warehouse. How long do they take to ship once in the warehouse? Having mine delivered to work, but am going on at least 4 weeks leave after the end of next week.
    Mine went into "in warehouse" a few hours after ordering on 9/14. It stayed in that status until the night of 9/15 when I got an email letting me know my order had shipped on 9/14 and would be arriving on 9/16. All that to say it may stay in that status for another 24 hours after shipping. 
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,051
    I called the wrong store Tyson still has 4. I am just a few minutes away. I'll update soon!
    edited September 2017
    ^ Four left! No make that three.
    omniummonstblitzMr_CrossTyresOFlahertykbw
  • RJAS1972RJAS1972 Lisbon - PortugalMember Posts: 24

Mine, ordered at 8:20 (GMT) on the 14th, has just been sent. 

TyresOFlaherty
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,087
    edited September 2017
    baublitz said:
    tcc said:
    Found one at Tysons Corner this morning. Not sure how many they received--in my excitement I forgot to ask.
    What!? So you got one in a store today while VIP's are waiting for ones they ordered on the 14th? I got mine so I'm not mad.... just confused by the way TLG is handling this....
    No big deal, i'm assuming TCC is a VIP to be buying it before Oct 1st, and that TLG keep online order and Lego Shop stock stream allocations separate. Shop sets stay shop sets rather than being snaffled up by [email protected] order backlog fulfillment.

Why should we begrudge restock of the meagre amount that the shops initially received? US stores seemed to get 5-10 each, UK stores 10-20 each (excepting the big London store) - i'd bet that there were 3 to 5x as many sets allocated to first stock [email protected] rather than first stock for shops.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited September 2017
    Gotta love [email protected]!  It's the best. It's almost like it is a separate company within Lego.
    SumoLego
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    Wow, they opened at 10 and they still have stock left?  Do they have them out in the open where everyone can see them?  Or do you have to ask about them and they pull one out of the back? 

If they are in plain site, it makes me wonder if the demand for this thing is going to slow way down once all us die hards have one in hand.  If I hadn't gotten lucky day 1 I'd be burning rubber to Tyson's Corner right now. 

monkeyhanger
    Wow, they opened at 10 and they still have stock left?  Do they have them out in the open where everyone can see them?  Or do you have to ask about them and they pull one out of the back? 

If they are in plain site, it makes me wonder if the demand for this thing is going to slow way down once all us die hards have one in hand.  If I hadn't gotten lucky day 1 I'd be burning rubber to Tyson's Corner right now. 

In the back. The employee I first talked to did not know they had any. I had to ask the manager.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Gotta love [email protected]!  It's the best. It's almost like it is a separate company within Lego.
    It is a seperate company...
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 41
    Still on backorder, no change despite what I was told on a call. Called the local store just now, as others have said they did get more this morning, but they were already sold out when I called. Oh well....the wait continues.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607

In the back.  You have to know the secret handshake to get one. 
    FollowsCloselymonstblitzSumoLego
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53

gotten lucky..... rubber.... corner.... so hard to resist..... THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
    monstblitz
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    Called my local out of curiosity, he said people call around 7am to see if there are any, then line up starting at 8am for the store opening at 10am if they have any.  He said they have gotten 1-2 shipments after the 9/14 launch.
    This is why the store display set came pre-made. #wrongside
    LegoboyTyresOFlaherty[Deleted User]Rainstorm26Mr_CrossYodaliciousBumblepantsBengh_ZeranJern92
  • bfeigherybfeighery Peterborough, UKMember Posts: 50
    Apparently london leicester square is getting a delivery in the morning according to the staff i spoke to tonight. Won't be any left for me by the time i am back in london next month.
    omnium
  • How can you check what edition you got of the Falcon? and what's the difference?
  • Anyone bought two or more Falcons from the same LEGO Store with the same VIP card?
    ^ I doubt anyone would admit it.
    TyresOFlaherty[Deleted User]
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    Legoboy said:
    Ohhhhhhh yes.  Mug #88/100.

Mine arrived today as well.  #41/100!  ;)
    Legoboysskmercer1bandit778
    NavyAsk said:
    How can you check what edition you got of the Falcon? and what's the difference?
    They are all the same. Unless you were at the special signing and then your box would be signed. 
    [Deleted User]
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,361
    baublitz said:
    Are Lego stores really getting new stock before fulfilling online orders?
    The distribution for the Shop at Home website is completely separate from the LEGO Retail Stores, as is different than their third-party vendors.
    [Deleted User]BumblepantsstluxBengh_Zeran
  • sskmercer1sskmercer1 Brisbane, AustraliaMember Posts: 24
    Here's the spares for bag 5. It's really starting to take shape and the size difference is surprising compared to the smaller MF I have. Being my first UCS set I couldn't be happier with the build so far. Good day of building ahead with the movies on in the background.

M_BossSwitchfoot55kbwMynattMr_CrossFowlerBricksBengh_Zeran
  • myscrnnmmyscrnnm Seattle, WAMember Posts: 25
    A little bit of info to share - take it for what it's worth...

I'm in the US and was one of those who tried to deal with [email protected] crashing for 2 hours starting at the 8am Eastern launch time.  I was eventually able to get my order placed an hour and a half later and immediately the status showed "Waiting on new stock".  So, that was the 14th and on the 18th my status changed to "Backordered".  I finally logged into an an online chat today with a CS rep to see if I could get a sense of what to expect...

He said that my order was scheduled to ship on October 16th at this time, but that could change.  I told him that was unexpected and very disappointing - and I asked him if there would be inventory available for the general release on 10/1.  He said "no, that's launch has been pushed back".  

Anyway, I'm clearly livid.  If that story is really true, LEGO massively miscalculated the demand for this set which blows my mind.  Oh well, shouldn't get so worked up about it but #*&@ it I'm just frustrated and disappointed...
    Wow, this post is very immature and shows poor self control. You are livid and disappointed because the customer service representative you spoke with gave you a date for which your product is shipping? There are a lot of people who have no idea when they'll be receiving their Millennium Falcons, let alone were able to place an order for one. I was able to get my order in half an hour after it went live, and I'm still at "waiting for new stock." 

The sense of entitlement in your post really blows my mind. You're not the only person in the world who had to deal with [email protected] crashing constantly on the 14th.

Anyway, congratulations to the people who have received their Falcons and started building already. Just keeping my fingers crossed I'll be lucky enough to get the black VIP card with mine. For some reason the checkout page showed that I would be getting 0 VIP points with this purchase, despite having to be logged in as a VIP to see and order the item at all...
    FollowsCloselynicoyagomezecmo47stlux
    myscrnnm said:
    A little bit of info to share - take it for what it's worth...

I'm in the US and was one of those who tried to deal with [email protected] crashing for 2 hours starting at the 8am Eastern launch time.  I was eventually able to get my order placed an hour and a half later and immediately the status showed "Waiting on new stock".  So, that was the 14th and on the 18th my status changed to "Backordered".  I finally logged into an an online chat today with a CS rep to see if I could get a sense of what to expect...

He said that my order was scheduled to ship on October 16th at this time, but that could change.  I told him that was unexpected and very disappointing - and I asked him if there would be inventory available for the general release on 10/1.  He said "no, that's launch has been pushed back".  

Anyway, I'm clearly livid.  If that story is really true, LEGO massively miscalculated the demand for this set which blows my mind.  Oh well, shouldn't get so worked up about it but #*&@ it I'm just frustrated and disappointed...
    Wow, this post is very immature and shows poor self control. You are livid and disappointed because the customer service representative you spoke with gave you a date for which your product is shipping? There are a lot of people who have no idea when they'll be receiving their Millennium Falcons, let alone were able to place an order for one. I was able to get my order in half an hour after it went live, and I'm still at "waiting for new stock." 

The sense of entitlement in your post really blows my mind. You're not the only person in the world who had to deal with [email protected] crashing constantly on the 14th.

Anyway, congratulations to the people who have received their Falcons and started building already. Just keeping my fingers crossed I'll be lucky enough to get the black VIP card with mine. For some reason the checkout page showed that I would be getting 0 VIP points with this purchase, despite having to be logged in as a VIP to see and order the item at all...
    Eh....I mean I get where you are coming from, but I don't think a international multi-billion dollar company that completely botched a product launch needs a knight in shining armor to defend them.  They goofed, customers got mad, nothing really new here.
    baublitzPapaBear
  • stetstet Member Posts: 45
    I'm sure that they have separate allocations for the web site and their various stores as well as any 3rd party stores which will eventually get these.
    SumoLego
  • sskmercer1sskmercer1 Brisbane, AustraliaMember Posts: 24
    Well bag 6 complete and love the front end add ons. People really will need to plan their build space to make it comfortable in my opinion. Also understand why HUW didn't want to drag it up and down his stairs for pictures and also how the build is done in modules makes it much easier.

TyresOFlahertyM_BossSwitchfoot55Mr_Crossomnium
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 637
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    ...completely botched a product launch...
    Botched?  They sold out of a $799.99 LEGO set on the first day to a non-target demographic.
    Fair point, but they could have made at least 3 times the amount and still have sold out!
    mustang69PapaBear
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    Botched?  They sold out of a $799.99 LEGO set on the first day to a non-target demographic.
    Sure, if you look at the situation in a vacuum it's great, they made an item and it sold out.  I am looking at the situation from the customers perspective.  And it's been a piss poor showing from a company of their size and pedigree.
    dougtsPapaBear
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,293
    Hanzo said:
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    Sure, if you look at the situation in a vacuum it's great, they made an item and it sold out.  I am looking at the situation from the customers perspective.  And it's been a piss poor showing from a company of their size and pedigree.
     I get that there are certain parties that are disapionted that they haven't go one yet but this is no different to any large toy manufacturer that makes the 'must have' Christmas toys, they sell out, ebay and the like are full of them at inflated prices, interest moves on to the next big thing, they become available for general purchase.
     It happens virtually every year in one form or another. 
    I would like a new Falcon, I would have also liked the black vip card, but it's unlikely I will get either just yet but I'm not going to lose any sleep about it. I just thank my lucky stars that I'm in a situation where I'm able to think about dropping £650 on a box of plastic bricks, there are a lot of people in the world who have far worse problems.
    MachONEmonkeyhangerstluxnicoyagomezcatwranglerBengh_ZeranMegtheCatdanstraindepotbrickventures
  • Hanzo said:
    NavyAsk said:
    How can you check what edition you got of the Falcon? and what's the difference?
    They are all the same. Unless you were at the special signing and then your box would be signed. 
    Thanks,
    so 2nd Edition just means it's Version 2 of the UCS Falcon? And 10179 was 1st Edition?
    Mr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,496
    NavyAsk said:
    so 2nd Edition just means it's Version 2 of the UCS Falcon? And 10179 was 1st Edition?
    Yes. Looking at the framework of #75192 from the builds that have been shared so far they seem very similar to my recollection of building the frame of #10179.
    [Deleted User]
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,087
    My backordered set from the 14th that moved to "in warehouse" yesterday is now "complete" (now in the hands of Yodel), so things do seem to be moving quickly for UK backorders - likely to get it Monday as my place of work is closed over the weekend (if Saturday delivery was attempted).
  • Mr_Cross said:
    NavyAsk said:
    Yes. Looking at the framework of #75192 from the builds that have been shared so far they seem very similar to my recollection of building the frame of #10179.
    Still people call 10179 at different editions?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,723
    @NavyAsk there were "2" editions of the first UCS Falcon. The first had certificate and I believe it could of been preordered. The second editions were the same just no certificate.
    [Deleted User]Mr_Cross
    MachONE said:
    It's actually in Lego's best interest to keep the hype going on this. Had they produced/released enough to meet demand why would anybody be talking about the most expensive set ever after the first month?  They have been hyping this with leaks and teases for months, why stop now.  It might have even looked like a failure had everyone got what they wanted, and some were sitting around. Cough *Hoth*.  
    -
    Now they have entered the high end collectibles market with this. Guarenteed they are licking their chops thinking about $500 and $600 sets for the production schedule.  
    -
    Plus having this Christmas' hottest 'toy' being sold out makes people accept the $800 price more. Fence sitters feel a greater sense of urgency to pick it up when they see it. "Man that's a lot, but you have one in stock... I better get it now."  
    As I've said a few times, from the business aspect this is great for Lego.  But nothing changes the fact that this release didn't go smoothly on the consumer side. Which was my entire point. 

Is it par for the course? Maybe, but that doesn't make it right. 

At any rate, I'm criticizing Lego on a Lego fan site so obviously I'm in the minority here so carry on. 

catwranglerPapaBear
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 593
    The eagle has landed!!! Can't wait to get home from work! Shame I'm at rugby tonight otherwise this bad boy would be getting opened!
    omniumMr_Crossbandit778piratemania7Rainstorm26JBricks27catwranglersskmercer1Bengh_Zeran
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    Just found I've made a mistake on bag 12. Looks to be one stud out, so now to work out where I've gone wrong!
  • legofanfromleedslegofanfromleeds legoland...England Member Posts: 397
    Might be worth phoning Leeds trinity... I'm unable to get there now today but they had a delivery of 8 this morning and when I phoned earlier they still had two left...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    ^I would just change the bit about the website to actually being the worst one on the entire globe. Perhaps universe.
    gmonkey76FollowsCloselySumoLegoGoldchainsPapaBear
    Even outside of the website, was brick and mortar better? Seemed disorganized from many accounts, line issues, inconsistent information, randomized stock levels from store to store...if you got up early and got shut out you were given what, an expedited shipping card to use on the inoperable website?

How about anyone in line launch morning gets put on the list, then when more came in they got a call first before random people who were either in the right place at the right time or pestered the store for updates got them?  Seems so simplistic to me, but maybe I am crazy.
    I was told people in line at the Tysons mall where kicked out by security. What a mess.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 360

@Hanzo, First Come, First Serve is pretty much par for the course in cases like this. And quite frankly I believe LEGO has gone out of their way to be very accommodating considering some of the stuff other companies pull.

Force Friday II was terrible, barely any stock, Black Series sold out in a matter of minutes, re-stocking has been slow to non-existent. Believe me, LEGO is at least re-stocking and being forthright about the stock/inventory issues that this has created compared to the likes of Hasbro and their pitiful showing for a huge launch date.

I still don't have my Thrawn, but I should, there should have been a Thrawn and a Luke and everybody else available for everyone in my city, every collector, scalper and so on and so forth, but that wasn't the case, not in the slightest.

Real easy to whine and moan and complain isn't it. In all seriousness though it's pretty basic economics at this point. LEGO estimated supply based on the estimate of demand, this is the first 800$ set ever produced and there is no precedence for how large of a demand there would be, especially with such sets as Hoth and 60's Batcave lingering around at inflated prices for months. Demand was greater than Supply in this case, there was no possible way LEGO could have predicted it, or made enough for everybody, because there is no way to predict the high volume of the demand on what is essentially a luxury item.

The excuse that it's Star Wars and they should know better doesn't fly either, just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean it's an instant hot buy, look at what happened with The Phantom Menace product line. That stuff was impossible to sell, even at clearance prices three years later you tended to find stuff lingering in certain areas.

Economists will certainly have a field day with this fiasco.

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,064
    ^Speaking of supply, Lego has also been busy filling warehouses with 1,000,000s of regular sets to end up under as many Christmas trees as possible. Empty shelves in early December for popular sets at major retailers is just a wee bit more concerning to Lego than all of us getting giant falcons at once. I can't remember the percentages quoted in the past but the number of sets sold for the holidays is a stupidly high amount of their total profits. 
    omniumAanchirdbrougestlux
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    ^I would just change the bit about the website to actually being the worst one on the entire globe. Perhaps universe.
    You've never been on Lings Cars then?!