Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 341
    edited September 2017
    It would be amazing (I know it would never happen) to get an organized group of thousands to order a bunch of Lepin Falcons (Fnlcons?) so they produce a TON of them, and then cancel them before they ship, so they are stuck with a bunch of inventory no one wants. 

Again, it would never happen, but one can dream, right?
    baublitz
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 38
    mcmeador said:
    MachONE said:
    My status was just updated from "Waiting..." to Backordered.  Seems they are playing games.
    Not sure what the difference is between those two. They mean pretty much the same thing. Sorry to hear you're in limbo. 
    Spoke with a CS rep a short bit ago with some good news. She told me "Waiting for new stock" changing to "Backorder" is a good thing. Going backorder let's them see an actual date when they expect to fill the order by. I am currently scheduled for the 19th. The rep was very helpful and pleasant.
    TyresOFlahertyLegogrammcmeadordougts
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    CM4S said:
    Brickpicker is reporting some stores got restock 
    Thank you CM4S, your post prompted me into action.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your simple post.

Through a very strange set of circumstances, a broken down delivery lorry, a disagreement with Lego Customer Services, Making up with Customer Services, a phone call around all the Lego Stores in the majority of East of Anglia and a 5 hour round journey on a whim after work, my household and my unmade Lego corner has a new unexpected arrival.  The store were so kind they even threw a mini launch night  where the shop workers signed my carton.  Throw in a heap of goodies and polybags, all the Force Friday giveaways and I am the happiest Lego fan tonight but exhausted.

I am even guaranteed a Black VIP Card.  Oh and a wheel fell off my carton, just to replicate Yodel's efforts.

That's a great story. Glad that worked out! Quick question: is that a Millenium Falcon coffee mug in front of the lower left corner of the MF set?
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 60
    It's gotten so bad my local Lego store has turned off the phone. Guess it's hard to work when phone won't stop ringing from people asking about the MF. 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    edited September 2017
    CM4S said:
    Thank you CM4S, your post prompted me into action.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your simple post.

Through a very strange set of circumstances, a broken down delivery lorry, a disagreement with Lego Customer Services, Making up with Customer Services, a phone call around all the Lego Stores in the majority of East of Anglia and a 5 hour round journey on a whim after work, my household and my unmade Lego corner has a new unexpected arrival.  The store were so kind they even threw a mini launch night  where the shop workers signed my carton.  Throw in a heap of goodies and polybags, all the Force Friday giveaways and I am the happiest Lego fan tonight but exhausted.

I am even guaranteed a Black VIP Card.  Oh and a wheel fell off my carton, just to replicate Yodel's efforts.

are you SERIOUS

congrats ;)
    MachONE said:
    mcmeador said:
    MachONE said:
    My status was just updated from "Waiting..." to Backordered.  Seems they are playing games.
    Not sure what the difference is between those two. They mean pretty much the same thing. Sorry to hear you're in limbo. 
    Spoke with a CS rep a short bit ago with some good news. She told me "Waiting for new stock" changing to "Backorder" is a good thing. Going backorder let's them see an actual date when they expect to fill the order by. I am currently scheduled for the 19th. The rep was very helpful and pleasant.
    Really?  I just got switched to backordered too. If it's shipping that soon I'm excited!!  
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    I got excited and had hopes to maybe mine was changed too. Nope still waiting for stock.
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 38
    MachONE said:
    mcmeador said:
    MachONE said:
    Really?  I just got switched to backordered too. If it's shipping that soon I'm excited!!  

MachONE said:
    mcmeador said:
    MachONE said:
    Yeah...I was pretty pumped when I realized the 19th was tomorrow after I got off the phone.  I'll be checking the status with great anticipation Tuesday.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    I dont believe they were ever out of stock.  
    MachONEwaynlewisAllBrick
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    @sskmercer1
    Bonus points for braving Aussie Post and the framed Barnsey CD!
  • sskmercer1sskmercer1 Brisbane, AustraliaMember Posts: 24
    @sskmercer1
    Cheers on the Barnsey comment mate but most concede that's more my wife's fav stuff (I do like Chisel though) plus we also have signed playlists from a couple of gigs we went to and pinched off the stage afterwards lol. No AUS post though as i expressed it and it was DHL the whole way.

Have now completed bag 1 at a leisurely 2hrs although you could fly through much quicker if wanted. A couple of errors on my part putting things on the wrong way or not placing the grey pins in argh. So warning to anyone be careful or later on you will suffer badly i think.

Also like @Adzbadboy  who also had 2 spare black pins, i also had a couple of others also. Lastly yay for Ikea plastic bowls haha.

omnium
    You know I think it would be fascinating for those of us inclined to post pics of the extras at the end of each stage to see if every Falcon is identical in this regard.  If I ever get mine and start building I'll try to do brag. 
  • mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    @sskmercer1
    Cheers on the Barnsey comment mate but most concede that's more my wife's fav stuff (I do like Chisel though) plus we also have signed playlists from a couple of gigs we went to and pinched off the stage afterwards lol. No AUS post though as i expressed it and it was DHL the whole way.

Have now completed bag 1 at a leisurely 2hrs although you could fly through much quicker if wanted. A couple of errors on my part putting things on the wrong way or not placing the grey pins in argh. So warning to anyone be careful or later on you will suffer badly i think.

Also like @Adzbadboy  who also had 2 spare black pins, i also had a couple of others also. Lastly yay for Ikea plastic bowls haha.

I think those were the same pieces I had left over from the first set of bags. 
  • LaurenceESLaurenceES Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 33
    kbw said:
    CM4S said:

That's a great story. Glad that worked out! Quick question: is that a Millenium Falcon coffee mug in front of the lower left corner of the MF set?
    It is a MF mug.  I have only seen them for sale at LEGOLAND but it isn't branded Lego so must be available elsewhere.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664

Bags 1-13

Stayed up last night to get the these rear panels done, the way come together is fascinating, they fit perfectly! Only concern is the one axle attachments, they are a little loose but the other sections clamp them down as they over lap.

kbwomniumsskmercer1catwranglerA.BrickovskyFowlerBricks
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    It's out for delivery! Boom!
    TyresOFlahertyLegogram
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    Blimey, mine is still 'In the warehouse'.  :(
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    Mine arrived the morning of the 18th.
    KerreLegogram
  • Brikkyy13Brikkyy13 AustraliaMember Posts: 18
    All these people getting theirs delivered, and mines still stuck in Sydney :(
    It could be worse, at least I was able to get one!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,803
    Thanks to 75192, I just secured a 10179 for $950.
    If someone had told you a year ago that you'd be able to buy two UCS MFs for under $1800, you'd have thought them mad ;)
    omniumMr_CrossBrikkyy13snowhitieYodaliciousMegtheCatdavetheoxygenman
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 618
    Thanks to 75192, I just secured a 10179 for $950.
    New?  Used? 
    dougts
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 999
    Used.
    monstblitz
    Do people think there is some truth to the rumor that Lego is marketing new products to take out this market?  So could 75192 be a result of the 10179 secondary market?

I also hear that the Bounty Hunter battlepack was in response to the secondary market of the mini figures from set 10221.

I also notice that Lego [email protected] in America has now restricted sales of 75192 to 1 per customer although I am told this was actually in place within 30 minutes of Lego spotting what was happening.  Is a shame the UK didn't follow. 
    omniumLegogram
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,399
    ^ I heard the same thing about the new falcon. But more along the lines of the secondary market showing that there was a demand for it, as opposed to Lego wanting to shut it down.

Quite frankly i doubt Lego care about the after market, from a sales point of view they can only sell a item once, after that it doesn't matter what happens to it. If anything Lego might like the fact their EOL product generate such value and headlines as that only serves to generate interest and perceived value in their brand?
    datsunrobbieFollowsCloselypvp3020
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    edited September 2017
    Anybody been tempted to sell their MF after seeing some of the prices on eBay?
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    The aftermarket for #10179 has been great publicity for LEGO. So whilst one side of them probably wished they were making the money out of it, not the resellers, I'm sure they were glad of the publicity and the uplift it brought to the brand.

I know @OldmanChudley was chatting to a TLG marketing chap while he waited (a really long time! sorry!) for me to get out of the queue at the launch event and he said it was re-released for all of these reasons, not just one of them. Which makes sense.

Sure, having your product increase in value after sale can only be a good thing for them. But the prices for 10179 and now 75192 have been/are crazy, IMO. I would never have thought the signed #75192 sets would have gone for quite so much and it gives me some regret for cutting the seals on mine... I bought it to build it, not store it MISB forever. But those prices! :-O

I understand the signed sets & VIP cards being more valuable to collectors, but die hard Star Wars fans with such large budgets baffle me.
    OldmanChudley
    @Adzbadboy did you have any wrong pieces in bag 3 at all. On step 185 I got 3 of these grey things and 1 wrong type. Thankfully I have a spare handy, well pinching from bag 4 for now. Pic below as I don't know there actual names sorry guys and girls. Looking at the parts section there is meant to be 2 (4210700) in the whole set.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,991
    Do people think there is some truth to the rumor that Lego is marketing new products to take out this market?  So could 75192 be a result of the 10179 secondary market?
    I don't. LEGO made 75192 to make money for themselves, not to stop others making money on 10179. The volume of sales on the old UCS Falcon are tiny these days. However, they showed that there was a market for an expensive re-make. And it appears LEGO under-estimated how big that market is.
    omniumAanchir
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    @Adzbadboy did you have any wrong pieces in bag 3 at all. On step 185 I got 3 of these grey things and 1 wrong type. Thankfully I have a spare handy, well pinching from bag 4 for now. Pic below as I don't know there actual names sorry guys and girls. Looking at the parts section there is meant to be 2 (4210700) in the whole set.
    Nothing so far just one piece missing. I've noticed the instructions have poor quality, marks on certain pages. They definitely need to be improved for future batches in addition to missing pieces and wrong pieces. Several others have reported the missing pieces, I guess I got lucky with just the one.

sskmercer1
    So far no markings on pages but hey I'm only up to page 94. Just a few extras so far. My last mistaken part was on the Porsche where I got an extra 15 orange beam and not the 13 that was needed. To be fair this has to be within tolerances, it's just that is frustrating.

Also appreciate your posts and help to a new person here, cheers.

My bag 2 extras.

• VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    @Mr_Hobbles. Do not tell your girlfriend how much it could be sold for, otherwise it will be on ebay like a flash and the Engagement ring shopping will begin. :) :) :)
    omniumYodaliciousAdeelZubairKlintanOrmskirkBricksgmonkey76
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    @sskmercer1
    just finished bags 1, and I had the same spares as you. Taking a break as I've hurt my back reaching for parts. Also took 2 hours. 
    sskmercer1
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25

That left SNOT brick is the body for the Porgs.
  • Are people with missing pieces throwing the entire set out once they discover there is pieces missing?
    M_BossJBricks27gmonkey76
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 611
    kbw said:
    Anybody been tempted to sell their MF after seeing some of the prices on eBay?
    Yes. Mine is 093 of the 150 signed copies from the Leicester Square launch. After seeing one go for £5,600, it's taking all my willpower to stay strong.

It's working so far. :)

Only reason I haven't opened it yet is I have nowhere to put the finished piece. Girlfriend negotiations are still underway.
    ^ I have number 092 of the 150.. I turned to the darkside and procured one... It wasn't anywhere near the prices being paid on eBay at the moment.. and it all started with that dam blank VIP card.. I needed to have it.. I think I need therapy.

FollowsClosely
    Diggydoes said:
    Btw, for all the Sticker-Haters (like myself), there`s a guy in Germany who prints Custom Parts, he even offers full sets, for D2C Sets like the GBHQ (for example)! I already asked if he intend to offer printed Parts for the Falcon, waiting for the answer! Here's the Link, in case you're interested: http://www.steindrucker.com/lego-set-buendel
    I'm not affiliated, just wanted to share!
    Hi Diggydoes - Did you get a reply to this about the printed parts for the Falcon.  Given my track record I would like to give them a try and leave the sticker set intact.

Knowing me I'll stick the informational fact plaque upside down (I know its not possible just laughing at my inability to apply stickers)

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    Has the question been asked if you bought one are you able to buy another in say 6 months when stock is back? Or does TLG block you? I know this is linked to VIP card so asking from that perspective.
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 166
    I had trouble ordering mine, but the order did eventually go through. I sent an email to Lego Customer service to let them know of my problems with the checkout process. They confirmed my order was still good (waiting for new stock) and, as a gesture, gave me 200 bonus VIP points.
    kbw
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    edited September 2017

I think I'll get my friend to produce me a second set of stickers to use on the falcon and keep the originals intact for producing future copies.

Although the £3.5k-£5.5k eBay prices they are going for is tempting... still haven't had a chance to get mine out the box and break the seals.

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    edited September 2017
    caterham7 said:

I think I'll get my friend to produce me a second set of stickers to use on the falcon and keep the originals intact for producing future copies.

Does your friend fancy doing a production run??

Although the £3.5k-£5.5k eBay prices they are going for is tempting... 
    still haven't had a chance to get mine out the box and break the seals.
    I know!! I wish I'd held off before popping mine, saying as I won't be able to start building for a wee while yet :-/ Still, my inner box seals are still in-tact...

In part, I opened mine so I *wouldn't* sell it. But that feeling of so much money being offered for a £650 purchase only a few days ago is weird.
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    Got an email 8 minutes ago saying my Falcon was on its way! :D

As Sod's Law would have it, however, I'm going to Portugal for a week the day after tomorrow, then I'm back for about 10 days (which I'll have to use to catch up on coursework), then I'm away again.
    Looks like my Falcon won't be getting built until about the October week.... :(
    Wicksy80omnium