Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    Falinn said:
    Approx 1hr on sale and now back ordered! Any more reports from people queuing at the stores? Anyone else turned up at Milton Keynes for instance?
    They had 40 in stock at MK. At opening time there were 36 people in the queue. 
    That's surprising, Leeds only had 16!
    I'm told Mall of America had 24, Troy store 12, and most every other store in US has 8 or fewer (including Chicago (water-tower) who reportedly had 4? can anyone confirm that one?
    MOA had 9.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    I was told (take that with a grain of salt) by the Lego staff today that it will be mailed to you and then you can register it to your account. Now it might be personalized with your name but maybe not linked to your account automatically. 
    SumoLego
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,137
    Someone just listed the VIP card with preseantation box, will be interesting to see how much this thing makes on its own

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Millenium-falcon-75192-VIP-card-limited-to-100-only-leicester-square-/282653726592?hash=item41cf799780:g:PcgAAOSwl75Zus4R

That's great. Someone pays to get this, and the person selling gets the VIP points in the future.
    The other way to look at it is that the person buying it could just not use it to buy anything, and instead take all the points off it! ;)
    kez
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    edited September 2017
    baublitz said:
    Anth88 said:
    Someone just listed the VIP card with preseantation box, will be interesting to see how much this thing makes on its own

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Millenium-falcon-75192-VIP-card-limited-to-100-only-leicester-square-/282653726592?hash=item41cf799780:g:PcgAAOSwl75Zus4R

That's great. Someone pays to get this, and the person selling gets the VIP points in the future.
    Well that's on the buyer not the seller. There are lots of foolish buyers on eBay just waiting to throw good money out the window. I remember when Twinkies were discontinued. Store shelves emptied the same day. A seller had 500 or more boxes at like a 50 dollars a box. He sold all of them. Lol A rational person knew they were gonna come back. But hype drives people to buy stuff they normally wouldn't or pay prices they normally wouldn't. eBay has actually made it worse and has made everything from discontinued Twinkies to Legos cash grabs for sellers....just the way it is now.
    Biggest winner is always ebay though
    This guy knows. I can't believe that ebay is getting 10% of each 75192 listing.... sickening. And the way they treat sellers is not in concordance with the money they bring in. This is why I'm trying my best to move to BrickLink or local for my sales.... 6% total fees vs 13% (including PP).
    I don't know why people dont use ebid....3%max
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    CM4S said:
    Falinn said:
    Approx 1hr on sale and now back ordered! Any more reports from people queuing at the stores? Anyone else turned up at Milton Keynes for instance?
    I'm told Mall of America had 24, Troy store 12, and most every other store in US has 8 or fewer (including Chicago (water-tower) who reportedly had 4? can anyone confirm that one?
    MOA had 9.
    Tigard had 6
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    My closest LBR is in Disney Springs, I told my wife she was insane if she thought I was dealing with that today.  Nothing even close to that store for parking, and lugging that thing through Disney Springs is my idea of hell.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Is it too early to start a rumour thread for next years UCS set?
    Scogali
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    Well I actually got in touch with Lego and the nice lady on the phone applied my VIP points retroactively. I can see the discount on my order summary, but I still have the VIP points in my account.  Nothing was removed from balance.  Always have issues with the VIP points. It's been kind of a pain tbh. They always have to add them manually too. 

• iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    ^^ Y-Wing
    Mr_Crossbandit778SumoLegoFollowsCloselysnowhitie
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    While attempting to purchase I somehow got 3 orders placed. I had no idea this was happening since there were a number of errors during the order process. One has already been cancelled in their system. The two others has one in warehouse and the other waiting on more stock. I've already emailed customer service to cancel the back ordered set. I'm glad it's almost over, I knew this was going to be different but not as bad as it actually was. I'm relieved I have one on the way. 
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,294
    iso3200 said:u
    ^^ Y-Wing
    Definitely be happy with that especially after how well #75172 was put together.
    snowhitie
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    I thought about using VIP points, but it only would have covered tax and a bit more.  Rather than deal with the grief of trying to apply retroactively, I'll save for the next big thing!  Until that event crashes too...
    kbw
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,009

I had to work today, and they weren't even accepting backorders by the time that I'd got home.  CS were a total waste of time, and couldn't tell me anything or explain why they'd set it as a limit of 3 in the UK, considering they'd clearly got a limited stock available.  I don't mind waiting another 2-3 months if necessary, but I just want to be able to order it now and have the assurance that I'll get one!! 

TLG have made a total mess of this as far as I'm concerned, not impressed.

Mr_Cross
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493

Wonder when there will be a restock, probably a couple months

I was able to place an order after 2 hours of trying, but it says "Waiting for new stock". 
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 255
    Called CS to order mine earlier today. Take it with a grain of salt, but he said it could be until December before they get more stock.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    M_Boss said:
    Called CS to order mine earlier today. Take it with a grain of salt, but he said it could be until December before they get more stock.
    I was assuming they must be holding some stock back for the October 1 official release date, but maybe that's not the case? 
    pharmjod
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,364
    edited September 2017
    Is there anyone that believes a person exists that didn't sign up to be a VIP to buy this set in advance?

Someone wandering around notices on October 1st that an EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLAR set of LEGO is available, and expects to buy one that day?  

'Oh, is today the day when the $350,000.00 Ferraris are delivered?  Sure, I'll buy one, why not?'
    omniumKlintan
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    edited September 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Is there anyone that believes a person exists that didn't sign up to be a VIP to buy this set in advance?

Someone wandering around notices on October 1st that an EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLAR set of LEGO is available, and expects to buy one that day?  

'Oh, is today the day when the $350,000.00 Ferraris are delivered?  Sure, I'll buy one, why not?'
    Of course not. Anyone who wanted this signed up VIP. I am not surprised at all of how quick they sold out. Many I assume are hoping for a big after market price increase on this at a later date. The orginal Ucs MF was pretty much what started Lego investing and speculating. There was no way this set wasnt  gonna sell out. 

I have a feeling though this set will be much more plentiful than the last one and it will gain a bit of value but never touch what the original high was.

I mentioned before the same thing happens with Hot Wheels. A first release casting gets ignored only to be wanted later and sky rockets in price. This happened with the first release of the Datsun Bluebird Wagon back in 2011. No one cared for it and it was a peg warmer. Than Japanese cars become popular with collectors and everyone wanted this ugly little sport wagon that they thought was ugly and now think is AWESOME...this care that was a 1.50 back in 2011 now goes for 100 bucks. FOR A TINY LITTLE HOT WHEELS Everytime they release another version in the 1.00 mainline or premium versions they all get hoarding quickly by collectors and they are immediately put up on ebay..here's the original one I'm talking about. http://www.ebay.com/itm/182479225665

...sorry for the long rant...lol...just wanted to say Lego collectors are not the only ones hurt by hoarding or speculators etc...

• drakusdrakus Member Posts: 16
    I just got my shipping notification and tracking number email.
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    So I was thinking, with the black VIP card, it has exclusive offers and events. Something that would be cool is if they had exclusive battlepacks that finished out the crew and passengers from each movie. 

They could do it quarterly or something similar and more or less hit everyone that wasn't already in the set. Especially Nien Numb. 
    kez
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I was in line outside my store at 6:45AM (store opens at 10AM).  I was 2nd in line.  They had a sign on the door that said they only had 10.  There were 10 people in line by 9AM.  Got mine and rolled it on out at like 10:05.
    Mine also says it was shipped
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,724
    Falinn said:
    Watertower only had six, as that's where I got mine. The manager thought they might be getting four next week on the first load, but wasn't sure.
    GallardoLU
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    9 signed editions on ebay now and counting.....

• ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    edited September 2017
    Our store only got 5. I was at my store at 2:30 AM and was second in line, by 5 AM there were no spots left. Store opened at 10am. There were at least 2 dozen ore more people that showed up at what would be a reasonable time for other set launches that had to be turned away.

Our store just recently opened after 2 months on September 3rd from having been flooded by a water main break so we also got a Scarif Trooper and Piggy Bank in addition to the Green Dragon polybag which was a nice bonus.

I also snagged one online in case anyone in my local RLUG wasn't able to get one that wanted one I could sell it to them (likely for what I paid for it). Or to potentially donate it to my daughters charity auction they normally have it April.
    baublitz
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    If I had a regular one I would list it as a rare unsigned edition :)
    SumoLegoM_BossMr_Crossbandit778OldmanChudleykez
  • drakusdrakus Member Posts: 16
    I live in the Orlando area and would like to know if anyone was able to get one at the Disney Springs store and if so how many did they have? This is a massive Lego store.
    drakus said:
    I live in the Orlando area and would like to know if anyone was able to get one at the Disney Springs store and if so how many did they have? This is a massive Lego store.
    At least 8 according to Just2Good's friend

drakusstarwars4ever
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    Dawn said:
    And selling for $2,500 and up (no kidding, actual sale prices).

I know it's easy to blame the sellers, but it's the buyer's fault. If people are willing to pay those prices, I'd (Gasp!) probably be selling too.

That way I could buy another falcon and go on a nice trip... for free!
    monkeyhanger
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2017
    samiam391 said:
    Dawn said:
    And selling for $2,500 and up (no kidding, actual sale prices).

I know it's easy to blame the sellers, but it's the buyer's fault. If people are willing to pay those prices, I'd (Gasp!) probably be selling too.

That way I could buy another falcon and go on a nice trip... for free!

Exactly, people always point the blame to the sellers but scalpers/resellers wouldnt exist if the buyers wern't there to pay the ridiculous sum's of money they seem to pay.
    monstblitzSumoLegoMrGudzMr_CrossdatsunrobbieBengh_Zeran
  • kutasthakutastha OregonMember Posts: 4
    So, I never post but have followed the UCS MF threads for years and was finally looking forward to getting this thing.  But I was wondering if anyone had or heard of a similar experience to mine (already posted to reddit if it looks familiar to anyone):

I got in and placed the order at 0555 PDT. I made it through to the confirmation page complete with an order #. The hold was placed on my credit card as well. 5 hours later - no email. I knew it could take some time.

But, after seeing so many people posting they received their email, I called Lego Customer Service. He said there was no record of the transaction at all. Also, that they were all surprised at the interest in the set. He stated what may have happened is that there was some batch limit on how many could be ordered at once and I unfortunately was on the wrong side of that batch.

He stated he would give me some VIP points, but in my experience with the Disney Castle and the Porsche - it's going to be a long wait.

• cpsdkcpsdk denmarkMember Posts: 13
    According to lego customer care they dont expect to open up for new orders until sometime in November!!
    So I placed my order early this morning during the system outages and not once received any indication on the screen that the item is backordered. I got an order confirmation email shortly there after but now when I look at my order status it says waiting for new stock

I remember from years ago that we had through a similar group exercise here on brickset proven without a doubt that the orders were not being fulfilled on a first in first out basis.  I cannot help but think that the same thing as happened to me here and someone else who ordered after me is getting one shipped
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    Anybody else that placed an order still waiting for shipment confirmation? Mine says "in warehouse"
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 190
    dougts said:
    So I placed my order early this morning during the system outages and not once received any indication on the screen that the item is backordered. I got an order confirmation email shortly there after but now when I look at my order status it says waiting for new stock

I remember from years ago that we had through a similar group exercise here on brickset proven without a doubt that the orders were not being fulfilled on a first in first out basis.  I cannot help but think that the same thing as happened to me here and someone else who ordered after me is getting one shipped
    Mine is showing the same thing. After about 2 hours fighting, I finally got thru. I got the confirmation email and also the other things I ordered and freebies has already shipped. But of course not the MF.
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 53
    Got an email that said mine shipped and tracking from Fed Ex has it being delivered tomorrow (Friday)...didn't pay for expedited shipping and have never received [email protected] order next day, but I'll take it. 
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    I called my local Lego Store at Ontario Mills which is Southern California.  Only got 3 and don't expect much more than a few in future shipments. Most went to bigger store in Anaheim in Downtown Disney.  Over 20 people showed up early. Seems like in store purchases are pretty long shot.  There just isn't enough stock when you take into account scalpers. 
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I just want to bricklink the parts to upgrade my 10179
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,364
    edited September 2017
    ^^ @oldtodd33 - I assume you got one?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ I did. It cost me my spare set of Super Chiefs but it was time for new blood.
    bandit778SumoLego
  • AMuller396AMuller396 Member Posts: 25
    ^^Id like to see a part list to make the 10179 look like the new one.  Increase greebling and new cockpit area.
    ^^Id like to see a part list to make the 10179 look like the new one.  Increase greebling and new cockpit area.
    And the interiors 
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 41
    edited September 2017
    $799.99
    Temporarily out of stock

On Thursday, September 14, the LEGO Group gave its VIP members an opportunity to purchase the LEGO® Star Wars™ Millennium Falcon™. We are thrilled by the positive response to the set, which is the largest we’ve ever released so far. We can assure all our fans around the world, that we are doing everything we can to make more sets available and keep our LEGO builders happy.

Updated on the US product page now. I have never seen them ppst something like that on a temporarily sold out set.  They really weren't ready for this.   Maybe they thought the price would limit actual purchases?

CM4S
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    kbw said:
    Anybody else that placed an order still waiting for shipment confirmation? Mine says "in warehouse"

Still shows In Warehouse for me.  But it's a couple days to ship anything I've ordered in the past..
    snowhitie
    Got Falcon back ordered and waiting for stock but the above is my consolation prize.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    I've finished 'Bag 1' of 75292 - Millennium Falcon only to realise I have two black pins left over. Anyone else get two extra instead of one or did I make a mistake? I can't imagine if I had to rip apart the technic frame...