Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,225
    Spent the weekend hunting through my stash to try and complete Harry Potter Knight Bus #4866 I had probably 75% of it including the minifigures from a cheap haul obtained from Facebook.

Bricklink orders have now started arriving, just a couple, then I can start building.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,392
    Bagging and boxing up everything. 
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 269
    Gotta love Costco. Picked up the Amusement Park Space Ride for 13$ today and the LEGO City Advent Calendar for a mere 29.99. Wish the Star Wars one had been there for that price too, but perhaps closer to the Holidays. Also found the First Order HAW Poly at Wal-Mart.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    My Saturn V arrived from [email protected]! :D

For the curious, it came with one strip of those large inflated plastic pockets laid along the front of the box and folded to fill the space above it other than the bit occupied by the free Iconic Cave set. Consequently, it's got some major creases on the back corners. Doesn't bother me, as the box will be thrown out, but thought it might interest people who keep track of how well various companies pack things.

Going to open the box to look at the bags... NOT opening the bags. I need to be tidying Lego up, not building more. *sob*
    FowlerBrickssnowhitieomniumchrisalddin
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 427
    Get us through this storm, LEGO gods, and I promise I will build these!

What's behind all those hobbites? 
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ That's mostly the entire LotR/Hobbit line (waiting for my sons once they're a little older), some random SW sets, and a few odds and ends like an advent calendar or two, some JW stuff, and some promo sets I haven't opened yet. 
    dspigelvizzitoromnium
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 427
    ^ That's mostly the entire LotR/Hobbit line (waiting for my sons once they're a little older), some random SW sets, and a few odds and ends like an advent calendar or two, some JW stuff, and some promo sets I haven't opened yet. 
    It's a vault with your precious. 
    SumoLegoYodaliciouscatwranglerLegogramsnowhitievizzitorKlintangmonkey76OrmskirkBricks
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 219
    TOYS! TOYS!
    BUILDING TOYS!
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    She will deny all knowledge of saying that @Speedman29. I hope you got it in writing!! 
    KlintanSpeedman29OrmskirkBricksBumblepants
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,392
    @Yodalicious - I packed up my car to send my most expensive and large sets to storage on Friday and they were closed. My next door neighbor has shutters and she said I could put them in her house.  I hope house isn't leaking because we have a leak above our master bedroom. It's slow but still.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    Unhappily waiting for my Force Friday orders to be delivered. Both were shipped on Sept. 1, with a scheduled delivery this past Wednesday, but tracking has them in Chicago with no updates since Tuesday.

I received my customer satisfaction survey from TLG today. I wonder if letting them know I never received the order will help anything.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,225
    Like buses, you wait all weekend for Bricklink orders to arrive and then three come together on a monday morning. I should now have everything to complete the Knight Bus from Harry Potter
    MegtheCat said:
    Unhappily waiting for my Force Friday orders to be delivered. Both were shipped on Sept. 1, with a scheduled delivery this past Wednesday, but tracking has them in Chicago with no updates since Tuesday.

I received my customer satisfaction survey from TLG today. I wonder if letting them know I never received the order will help anything.
    Didn't Texas recently get hit by Hurricane Harvey? I would think that would disrupt any normal postal services for a little while, especially with Irma pounding Florida at the moment.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 754
    edited September 2017
    After waiting in all day for a delivery of some more Raaco storage boxes for my expanding Lego collection, FedEx marked my shipment as "delivered". Their website doesn't tell you where they delivered it, so I had to ring them up.

Me: "Where did they deliver my parcel?"
    FedEx: "To number 27"
    Me: "There are only 21 houses on my street. Why didn't he deliver it to me? I've been in all day."
    FedEx: "Perhaps you didn't hear the door. He would have left a card."
    Me: "There was no card. And my security camera tells me nobody approached my door today apart from a guy delivering junk mail".
    FedEx: "Let me call the driver"
    [on hold]
    FedEx: "He said he delivered it to the house across the road from you, he's sure it's number 27."
    Me: "There is no 27, and opposite me is 16. Did he deliver it to another street?"
    FedEx: "Let me call the driver"
    [on hold]
    FedEx: "No, definitely your street"
    Me: "Well, the chap across the road from me doesn't have it and there isn't a #27 on my street. There's only 1 house opposite mine."
    FedEx: "The driver will return to #27 tomorrow and collect it back, then redeliver it to you"

As it happens, the next road from me does have a #27 opposite the house with the same number as me. But nobody was home at either house, so I couldn't check if one has the parcel and the other the card.

Glad it wasn't "urgent" :-O

In other news, Mrs Omnium and I continued our #10255 Assembly Square build and completed bags #3. In the process we found one of the black door frames is bent out of shape. I went to said expanding collection and retrieved a spare and I'll report the problem to TLG.
    snowhitieLEGO_Dad77
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^^Well yes, but normal postal service resumed on the Wednesday after Harvey hit.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    So, is it considered uncouth to keep the freebies that come with a set if you buy said set as a gift?
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,349
    ^ You paid for the freebies, you decide. :)
    Hanzodavetheoxygenman
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,474
    Hanzo said:
    So, is it considered uncouth to keep the freebies that come with a set if you buy said set as a gift?
    Sometimes, I keep the set and give the freebies... yeah, I'm definitely out of couth...
    Hanzodavetheoxygenmanomniumbandit778catwranglersid3windrSprinkleOtternwr122
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,782
    Hanzo said:
    Keep the freebies!  I don't think you are running afoul of any social conventions.
    HanzoOrmskirkBrickscatwranglergmonkey76
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 977
    ...Savages!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    I'll be attending the #75192 - Millennium Falcon signing tomorrow, cannot wait! I'll attempt to do full coverage of the event and a set review if everything runs smoothy.
    KlintanomniumsnowhitietallblocktooM_BossBricklover18Mr_Cross
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,474

Glad you and yours are safe @yodalicious - good luck with the reassembly!

Actually - hope everyone on here from the 'Irma region' are safe and sound. Thinking of you guys.

YodaliciouskhmellymelcatwranglerSumoLegogmonkey76M_BossMr_Cross
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,782
    Family, house, possessions, LEGO survived the storm. Now to reassemble the LEGO closet. 
    The next time a Category 5 Hurricane or Sharknado threatens Florida, you should pack the LEGO in the Chevelle - I'll drive it up to safety in New York.

(And I'll send you a very nice 'thank you' card.)
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtterYodaliciousM_BossSirBrickalotOfLegoMr_Cross
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Penny (the Chevelle, yes I named her, she's copper, hence Penny) doesn't like anyone but me driving her. My wife backed her out of the garage once and when she tried to drive her back in she stalled and we had to get her fixed. #truestory
    SumoLegoLego_StarMegtheCatcatwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    --> Thinking the eyes on the Starfire Dimensions figure are f---ing huge. I never thought I'd see Anime outdone. Bravo, Lego.

Later ----------
    SirBrickalotOfLegoLEGO_Dad77
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 55
    My Taj Mahal auction is ending today and I hope for financing some other sets :-)

Spent the whole day yesterday downloading the update and re-downloads for LEGO Dimensions, you know cancelled or not I hope this is the last time we need a patch for this game, it's beginning to get a bit redundant, especially when it takes over five hours to get the latest patch data due to time out messages because Shaw can't handled the load times.

Admittedly though, I really hope they still give us a Lord Vortech Minifigure, I don't care if it has to be just a regular Dimensions inspired one-off set for the toy aisles, I think it's a crying shame we don't have the main villain in physical toy form for this Toy's To Life video game.

LEGO_Dad77
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 696
    So how many people have the status "queueing for the MF" today? (Or standing in line for the MF for those not in the UK;-))

I don't, I would have to win the lottery and be really interested in a UCS MF just to waste money on that thing, it's hard enough saving up for Ninjago City and Ghostbusters Firehouse sets, let alone that monstrosity.

LEGO_Dad77
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Meanwhile...

Why's my cat on the new Ninjago poster?

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860

It's Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................
    ricecakecatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
    Waiting for a package from Amazon with a discounted DC Super Hero Girls set, looking forward to getting the rest of the 1st wave during Bricktober.
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 280
    Happy - not only did I triumph over [email protected] to order a Falcon, my Swing Carousel was just featured on Lego Ideas and all their social media channels as an Editors' Pick - support is climbing again!
    HanzoricecakeAddicted2Oxygensnowhitiesid3windrKerrecatwrangler
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 980
    ^ am I seeing dark bluish grey macaroni tiles there?
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 754
    Mr_Cross said:
    ^ am I seeing dark bluish grey macaroni tiles there?
    Sorry, no. It's a trick of the light. They're LBG.
    Mr_Cross
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 383
    Here are some things I have assembled recently:

Mayor's Limo:

Source of build & instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-6416/Enot/the-cortege/#info

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 

Source of build & instructions: 

Dodge Charger Daytona:

Source of build & instructions: 
    FowlerBrickscatwrangler