Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Leicester Square Millennium Falcon Midnight Release 13th September 2017

Comments

• willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    Well I was hoping that [email protected] would update at midnight despite it saying 07:30. Best get some sleep before trying to order tomorrow. Thanks for all the pics and info from people queuing today. 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,339
    Wow that looks like so much fun. 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 804
    Number 87 has paid for his set and is in line for the set pickup and signing
    edited September 2017
    And our special cardboard box is, er, cardboard... And black.
    Johnyk668Lego_StarMr_Cross
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    I guess they are staying open abit longer than planned.
  • JaimitoJaimito NYCMember Posts: 20
    Any photo of the trolley to transport it? 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    All this build up with comments and pictures. Now silence. 
  • ARMARM Sydney NSWMember Posts: 1
    dspigel said:
    It is now after 2am there, the fun's over, they've all gone to bed!
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    ARM said:
    dspigel said:
    It is now after 2am there, the fun's over, they've all gone to bed!
    I figured they'd publish some post purchase pictures. I'm sure they are all dead tired and passed out as you'd said. Maybe in the morning we'll get some updates.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    I came back for the money shot and nothing, have to wait until the morning I guess. Great following the queue virtually for most of the day, thanks to all the posting queuers! 
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 289
    Too tired to post pictures. But got the set! The designers signed the set, put a quote on it, and numbered it 93/150, along with the location.

They also signed the VIP card box, which in fairness is just a black cardboard box. The VIP card is the same, but instead of having your VIP number is numbered 1138XXX.

Im now off home with my Lego set on wheels. Oh and Lego paid for everyone to get a cab home, which was very appreciated.

Thanks to all on here and in the queue for helping out and keeping me sane. :)
    baublitzLegogramMr_Crossbandit778ricecakemessy
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,547
    Thanks @Legoboy was wondering about the time frame for the vip deals. Now I just have to decide if I get it now or wait for double points. Called my local LEGO Store and they said to get it online and not in store.
    baublitz
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 405
    ^ but did you get them to sign the cupcake for you?

not sure how you would thank Lego for letting you queue up for half a day and spend rediculus sums of money in their store, but the event was well managed, the staff excellent, fair few freebies given out, plus the aforementioned cup cakes.

The designers doing the signing were fantastic, friendly, not rushed and very accommodating, and the taxis home where a total bonus that Lego didn't have to do but amazing that they did, and very appreciated after a long day.

Not sure I have enjoyed spending 8+ hrs in a queue quite as much before.

hope everyone enjoyed it just as much.

Was tempted to get the cupcake out of the jumper for signing, but that's a sweetener for my wife when she finds out how much that thing cost!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,750
    caterham7 said:
    ^ but did you get them to sign the cupcake for you?

not sure how you would thank Lego for letting you queue up for half a day and spend rediculus sums of money in their store, but the event was well managed, the staff excellent, fair few freebies given out, plus the aforementioned cup cakes.

The designers doing the signing were fantastic, friendly, not rushed and very accommodating, and the taxis home where a total bonus that Lego didn't have to do but amazing that they did, and very appreciated after a long day.

Not sure I have enjoyed spending 8+ hrs in a queue quite as much before.

hope everyone enjoyed it just as much.

Was tempted to get the cupcake out of the jumper for signing, but that's a sweetener for my wife when she finds out how much that thing cost!
    I held onto mine for 20 minutes before thinking "Bugger it" and ate it. ;)
    gmonkey76baublitzLegogrambandit778gratefulnat
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,547
    caterham7 said:

I'm not a smart man, but I think it will take more than a cupcake to get out of the dog house.
    stlux
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Shattered! I think people started to get a little frustrated by 3am! But I am a very happy chap!

My set #131/150 signed and boxed up on its wheels...just have to wait now at the office until the trains start up to take me home!

baublitzLegogramsnowhitiestluxMr_Crossbandit778ricecakemessyOubird
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    Legoboy said:
    Okay.  Home and unpacked.  Jesus, what a day.

Once in, we were ushered upstairs to the tills to make our purchase.  The entry card you saw before was stapled along with the receipt to one of the new MF brochures.  In the bag went the exclusive VIP card for the first 100 along with its case and a free caveman set.

Having left the tills we were handed a scratch card where one lucky person would win a Falcon.  Another Falcon.  It's a shame the scratch cards came after the purchase as of course now someone would have to lug two Falcons back.  I one a mystery prize which turned out to be the R2 poly.

From there we then went back downstairs and stood in line to have our set signed.  Fortunately, @DarthMorl and I remembered to take our #10179 boxes to have signed by it's creator.  When I opened the shipping box his eyes lit up and he screamed out "OHHHH MY BABY!!  MY BABY!"  The store stopped dead.  It was such an amazing moment and something I will cherish forever.

As we left the shop we were offered a cab back home if we wanted, but as we had driven and parked next to each other in a nearby car park, 'Clara' stopped is at the door and offered to help us back to the cars with our 'luggage'.

The atmosphere was fantastic the whole day through despite the incremental weather and the LEGO staff were amazing throughout.  The only single thing I would have changed would be that it wouldn't have been so hard to match up the VIP card numbers with the entry cards, but they didn't.  I entered with number 23 and came away with VIP card number 88.  LEGO could easily have paired them up and it seemed to be a common gripe shared amongst many of those waiting in line.

I've attached a series of pictures below, but for now I must sleep.  Up for work shortly.

Shattered! I think people started to get a little frustrated by 3am! But I am a very happy chap!

My set #131/150 signed and boxed up on its wheels...just have to wait now at the office until the trains start up to take me home!

Thank you so much for posting, gents!!!! It's bittersweet to me that this was a local event (i.e. no 1st edition for all to share) but they way this panned out just brings me joy. These 150 sets are more special... meaningful to true collectors (and a few scalpers :P) instead of a means to rake in cash. 

Thanks for taking the time to post before the U.S. release! Can't wait to order online and get mine in person. :)
    madforLEGO
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Indeed, my set WILL be opened and built and enjoyed. Just as soon as I work out where the hell I am going to put it!
  • montyh7montyh7 AustraliaMember Posts: 2
    Thoroughly enjoyed this whole thread.  Thank you for taking us into the 'virtual' queue to share the experience.  So jelly.
    SeanTheCollectorgratefulnat
  • Someone hasn't wasted any time in speculating:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-SIGNED-BY-DESIGNERS-75192-ULTIMATE-SERIES-/182763712191?hash=item2a8d90eebf:g:5IIAAOSwNJ9ZudKl

Posted at 1.55 this morning.

I'm sat outside the Lego Store at Bluewater and I'm the first here and currently on my own. Opens at 10 but they only have 31.
    SalamalexOrmskirkBricks
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,312
    Arrived at Watford at 6.55am.  I am no 7 in the queue.
    OrmskirkBricks
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 405
    Might take my time over the build - maybe a brick a day until complete!
    LegogramOrmskirkBricks
  • OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    Good luck to all those going to their local store today, really hope you manage to pick one up.
    For my first Lego event experience I have to say it was awesome. The 12hr wait in line went so much faster than I anticipated; everyone there was so chilled and friendly, a good community spirit. Will definitely do another Lego event.
    The store staff were exceptional and deserve real credit.
    Thanks to @omnium for the can of Gin, and company for the drive home; and the hunt for the "slug Set" continues:)
    1 very happy 2nd UCS falcon owner - 10179 & 75192 :) :) :)
    snowhitiesonatine01omniumstluxMr_CrossDarthMorlbandit778ricecakemessy
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,207
    Well that was an exciting little soap opera to read!! I really hope all the staff got paid loads more for having to work past their bedtimes and have got the rest of the week off!! And I hope they got taxis provided as well to get them home!! Go store staff go!! 

SeanTheCollectorAddicted2OxygenOrmskirkBricks
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 473
    Hats off to you all,  glad everyone enjoyed it and thanks for the updates. 
  • FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    Many thanks to @Legoboy @DarthMorl @caterham7 and others for documenting the event - it was great to see how it went down and I'm very envious of the signed sets and cards. 

The silver on black design of the MF on the cards is really cool..
    sonatine01snowhitieOldmanChudleyomniumstluxMr_CrossDarthMorllegojeroenbandit778
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,414
    Falinn said:
    Many thanks to @Legoboy @DarthMorl @caterham7 and others for documenting the event
    Seconded - cheers, guys! Fun to be there without actually having to be there.... ;-)
    sonatine01snowhitieMr_CrossDarthMorlSeanTheCollectorbandit778Rainstorm26
  • OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    Someone hasn't wasted any time in speculating:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-SIGNED-BY-DESIGNERS-75192-ULTIMATE-SERIES-/182763712191?hash=item2a8d90eebf:g:5IIAAOSwNJ9ZudKl

I'm sat outside the Lego Store at Bluewater and I'm the first here and currently on my own. Opens at 10 but they only have 31.
    Blimey!!!!! I was chatting with a marketing rep last night for a good half hour after I picked my set up, and we spoke about the insane aftermarket prices of 10179, he mooted that Lego had considered this very thing and the fan demand for a re-release; and he doubts that there will be as shorter run on this falcon as the previous incarnation. 
    Still, will be interesting to see how much a signed copy goes for; I am decided that I won't be parting with mine; the unique number card will go on display with the set:)
    omniumDarthMorl
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768

Wow, somebody people clearly don't value their time very much if they are willing to queue up for hours on end just to make a few quid.
    coachie
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 615
    Finally at MK Lego store there's about 20 people and little cards have been given out to make sure you get one but I haven't managed to pick one up yet :-( Hoping I'm in luck !
    SeanTheCollectorOrmskirkBricks
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,102
    Really enjoyed the vicarious journey this thread has provided. Thanks to all of you for sharing :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,454

Wow, somebody people clearly don't value their time very much if they are willing to queue up for hours on end just to make a few quid.
    And it doesn't even come with the free caveman set mentioned on the receipt.
    omniumbandit778OrmskirkBricks
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Good job everyone.

So who actually won the Falcon?
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,312
    Eventually there were about 20 of us at Watford by the time the manager arrived to open up.  The staff had made little numbered plates out of small green base plates and pink 1x1's.  Moments later, everybody had No. 1!

Great to meet a load of like-minded folks and have a chat for a couple of hours.

I may need a bigger table though...
    OldmanChudleyomnium
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Huw said:
    Awesome write up and pictures, thank you @DarthMorl and @Legoboy!

I've reproduced some of them on the home page.
    Agreed. Really enjoyed following it on here yesterday. Big thumbs up :-)
    BooTheMightyHamster
    Next time one of those 'Brickset are sending a couple of members of staff to meet Lego - does anyone have any questions?' things pops up, rather than asking about upcoming sets, or design processes, we should all just ask 'When is the IT dept going to get sufficient budget to build an ordering system that can cope with the sort of onslaught we see every time an anticipated set is released?'
    Legoboybandit778tomahawkerLego_Lord_MayorcaMegtheCatJohnyk668
    Next time one of those 'Brickset are sending a couple of members of staff to meet Lego - does anyone have any questions?' things pops up, rather than asking about upcoming sets, or design processes, we should all just ask 'When is the IT dept going to get sufficient budget to build an ordering system that can cope with the sort of onslaught we see every time an anticipated set is released?'
    "Thank you.  I'll pass on your comments to our Customer Relations Team."
  • doedoe BathMember Posts: 5
    #59 in the queue and #94 of the Millennium Falcon. Got a taxi back to my car thanks to LEGO and was back home at 4am. I just wanted to say thank you for the great time in the queue with Matt, Mark and @caterham7; and thank you to everyone from LEGO for organising the event, being there, handing out goodies and keeping us entertained. Never thought I'd keep it up for 8+ hours but the weather was kind to us and I really enjoyed all the live updates here. Unfortunately I did not have my password with me to join you. Well, next time, when we meet up again in 10 years for the 50th anniversary Falcon...
    snowhitieLegoboyMr_Crossomnium
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 218
    Any good pics of the coverted VIP card in case available. Is it in a hinged box or lift off lid? Anyone opened theirs?

• gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 218
    gold682 said:
    Any good pics of the coverted VIP card in case available. Is it in a hinged box or lift off lid? Anyone opened theirs?

Think i've just found them in Legoboys 2:56am post.
    Yes, Legoboy's 2:56am post has great photos of the VIP box.

As you can see, it's a cardboard box with a hinged lid, a bit like some of the premium Ideas set boxes, like the ExoSuit's box.

Inside the box is a tray with lugs to hold the card in place.

There's also the "Congratulations VIP Member" leaflet inside the box, resting on top of the card and tray.

We were told the card is the same design as the ones given out for the rest of the year, except the number of the card is special, being 113800xxx, where Legoboy's is 088, mine is 099. I presume they are numbered 001 to 100, but it may be 000 to 099. We weren't told.
    Legoboy
    ^ What will be interesting to see is if at the next SW event, whenever and wherever it may be, future cards will be issued and go 113800101 and up.......

Or has anybody read that these Ltd cards are it?  No more?
    omnium
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 289
    edited September 2017
    It is a bit annoying that they didn't actually bother to match up the number of the card with the set/queue number you got. For example, I was set 93/150, but I received card 113800017.

If anyone happens to have 113800093, would you be willing to trade, to satisfy my OCD? :)
    omnium
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    Legoboy said:
    Our own @LeonC, first person on the planet to purchase his new Millennium Falcon being interviewed.

??? Sorry - not me. But if someone wants to give me a falcon I could play along.
    omniumBumblepantsOrmskirkBricks