Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Sets that are due for a redesign and rerelease

2»

Comments

• MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    I wouldn't mind these: http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Vikings
    Id love to see them too .. but what could they improve?
    Putting them back on sale? ;-) These are from my dark ages, and the prices I see on Bricklink aren't exactly encouraging.

Ah shoot, I just want a bunch of dragons to play out Game Of Thrones scenes. ;-)
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    what about a re-release of minifigs?

i know that they just came out...but the admiral piett, IG-88, and Dengar minifigs from the SSD are very appealing to a star wars fan

however, i can't afford to shell out 400 dollars for a set i could never display because it's impractical...that and I only collect system sets (because i can rationalize my purchases by saying that they can potentially be toys for my future kids)

it annoys me that lego put such nice, exclusive figs in a UCS set...anyone think they'll appear elsewhere any time in the near future?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    edited February 2012
    the set itself certainly needs refreshing, but Slave 1 is Slave 1, the only difference is who you have as pilot.
    That... and the completely different color scheme...

As for Piett, IG-88 and Dengar... Piett is the most likely, as there are several sets he could fit in naturally. As for the bounty hunters... they usually shoehorn those into the Slave I releases... and I'd frankly rather see 4-LOM and Zuckuss on the next go-round.

So... short of an EU Punishing One and IG-2000 set... I'm not sure where these two would likely pop up next.
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    my understanding is that Piett has a unique torso, with more rank squares and back printing that is not seen on the officer that comes with the TIE fighter

so once again, unique minifig elements in a $400 UCS set? lame
    He does have a unique torso, though I still feel he lends himself to more sets than the bounty hunters. I suppose they could have included Dengar in the new Jabba's Palace... but that ship has sailed.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I doubt they would do it, but I think the Statue of Liberty set could be done considerably better than the original.
    How about a mini one? :)
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=40026-1

They should make this just the pedestal for the CMF S6 fig.
    Found in a post on TnB
    http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5298

Pretty ugly, IMHO.

• DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited February 2012
    Mos eisley cantina needs a redo for sure. I would also like to see bigger, better versions of hoth base/at-at attack and ewok village. Older UCS ships like the ISD could benefit from newer build techniques, but I doubt huge versions of them will be done again. I also want more Trade Federation ships to be released also. I need way more clone troopers, storm troopers and other figures to complete my armies, so sets with those mini figs would be awesome.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Ugh... what a hideous choice for a headpiece. The rest is admirable, for a polybag.
    ^^A bigger, better Ewok Village? I'd take an Ewok Village to begin with. And I'd hope for it to be at least a $150 set.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ some of the Ewok Village stuff from the LEGO SW game was pretty cool. Would love to see some of that done in a set.
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    6683 - Burger Stand
    6390 - Main Street
    6362 - Post Office
    6373 - Motorcycle Shop
    6561 - Hot Rod Club
    Any Town series house

I think these old Town sets should be reworked to City standards and released. There are probably more that could be included in this list.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    You're right y2josh. I mean I would like to see bigger ewok sets than all the ones they have done. Ewok village would be about the only one they haven't done yet. You could make a village I guess if you had enough battle of endors and ewok attacks and such. If they do make the village into a set I fear it will be no bigger than the battle of endor which is dumb because the village is significant and I don't think the ewok attack and endor battle packs are.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Not at all experienced in SW sets as I don't own any and whatever sets I do have they are MISB, except the Sith Infiltrator which according to me had a bad design. But recently seeing the Phantom Menace on 3D, the thing which Darth Maul rides is funny for something of his stature. As for other sets, the Newer X-wing, Y-wing are much better. The new Tie Fighter isn't worth it. The SSD too big to display or practical. The Ewok sets were good, but slight variation will make them more better sellers. One of the best set I found was the Hoth Wampa Cave (mainly due to the Wampa).

But, LEGO should re-release more and more City sets :D especially the ones @devilhead mentioned.
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    6683 - Burger Stand
    6390 - Main Street
    6362 - Post Office
    6373 - Motorcycle Shop
    6561 - Hot Rod Club
    Any Town series house

I think these old Town sets should be reworked to City standards and released.
    Indeed. And a movie theater, like the one from http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10184-1 .
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    The Western theme definitely needs a re-do. I'd love a Man With No Name minifigure.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    6543 Sail 'n' Fly Marina just jumped out at me too as needing a redesign. Yes, I know we had 4644 last year, but frankly, it was trash...