Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    omnium said:
    From the front page:

By Neil Martin in United Kingdom, 07 Sep 2017 14:04
    The London Q-Park Chinatown car park is just a 3 minute walk (okay, it'll take you slightly longer pulling a box on wheels . . .) away from Leicester Square and it's a shiny new secure car park. It's open 24 hours, a couple of hours parking costs GBP14.50 or parking from 6pm to 2am costs just GBP20.00 if you book in advance. And there's no London Congestion Charge after 6pm so you could drive in, load up and drive home!

Maybe I'll drive, it's a lot cheaper if I can park for £20, and traffic in the evening is just about manageable.

I will be coming from Guildford - fancy a car share and parking pennies -- and a swift half :)
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    omnium said:
    From the front page:

By Neil Martin in United Kingdom, 07 Sep 2017 14:04
    The London Q-Park Chinatown car park is just a 3 minute walk (okay, it'll take you slightly longer pulling a box on wheels . . .) away from Leicester Square and it's a shiny new secure car park. It's open 24 hours, a couple of hours parking costs GBP14.50 or parking from 6pm to 2am costs just GBP20.00 if you book in advance. And there's no London Congestion Charge after 6pm so you could drive in, load up and drive home!

Maybe I'll drive, it's a lot cheaper if I can park for £20, and traffic in the evening is just about manageable.

I will be coming from Guildford - fancy a car share and parking pennies -- and a swift half :)
    Sure, send me a PM and we can try and work something out :)
    Now. Hang on! Am I going to have to miss the last episode of Lego Masters to go to this?!?
    Casper_vd_KorfsnowhitieJern92
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    It's available online October 1 correct? I have a Lego store about 30-40 miles from me but won't bother if they are only gonna get a handful in....
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 520
    So, I emailed Lego CS to get shipping box dimensions and weight and the reply I got back was - "the actual set box dimensions are 1293.00 X 834.00 X 12.80 MM and the weight is 13.64 KG. The packing box will add roughly 1cm to each side."

This does not match up with any images or reports that have been in this thread at all! :-)

I'm hoping that the weight is correct as then I will be able to order from the UK [email protected] site and use a service that the Irish postal service has called addresspal - it gives us a UK postal address that we can get stuff sent to that normally may not ship outside the UK. It will cost €25 so will still save approx €40+ rather than getting through the Irish [email protected] portal.

Next question - does anyone think that Lego may be sneaky enough to have the set out iof stock when the 2x VIP points promo runs?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    Muftak1 said:
    So, I emailed Lego CS to get shipping box dimensions and weight and the reply I got back was - "the actual set box dimensions are 1293.00 X 834.00 X 12.80 MM and the weight is 13.64 KG. The packing box will add roughly 1cm to each side."

This does not match up with any images or reports that have been in this thread at all! :-)

That is obviously wrong. 12.80 mm thick? The manual is probably thicker than that.
    Muftak1Jern92
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 860
    The dimensions look wrong. I've held the empty/dummy box and it's smaller. 
    My guess is length 650-750mm, depth & height 450-550 mm
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,697
    Isn't the box same height and length but double the thickness of the largest box they make such as Sandcrawler or Death Star?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058
    CCC said:
    That is obviously wrong. 12.80 mm thick? The manual is probably thicker than that.
    I'm guessing that's the size the box will be after the Yodel have got their hands on it.
    alldarkerTheFewgmonkey76bandit778GoldchainsmonkeyhangerLegoboycatwranglersnowhitie
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    I have only handled the box briefly but I don't think it is as large as people might imagine. I didn't have any other boxes to compare it with at the time but I don't think the area of the front is as large as #75159 Death Star and the like. In volume it is probably the largest LEGO box yet but that is due to its depth rather than anything else.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,475
    Muftak1 said:
    1293.00 X 834.00 X 12.80 MM and the weight is 13.64 KG. The packing box will add roughly 1cm to each side."
    That looks a tad too big to me, I was guessing it was no more than a metre square. The final dimension there though, I guess has the decimal point in the wrong place.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited September 2017
    1m square wouldn't fit through most shops store room door. You could fit the built MF in that box (other than the depth)!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,082
    edited September 2017
    Yeah that box size is definitely wrong. Looking back on a previous page...
    Mattyman said:
    Size of box is 53x46x38 cm if Anybody wanted to know!
  • wonderpantswonderpants UKMember Posts: 8
    Have Lego definitely confirmed that the 75192 designer isn't going to be at Leicester Square for the midnight opening?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058
    ^The designer himself confirmed it - on the front page. He's on holiday.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    ^ as long as its not dr dave
    FollowsCloselyCM4Sgmonkey76LegoboydavetheoxygenmanBooTheMightyHamster
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    l wouldn't mind ordering it online, but is there any way to make Lego request a signed on delivery? l don't want $800 waiting on my doorstep for 4 hours while l'm at work.
    Thanks for the update @Huw I was just about to ask if any sites will be getting advance copies to review. Can't wait for those awesome pictures and the actual review. Hoping it's this week... ;)
    Seen on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/370592876693895/permalink/370615126691670

LEGO: The first 100 people to purchase this set will receive a limited edition LEGO VIP card entitling the bearer to exclusive VIP benefits in 2018.

Alberto Bebo Romani: Is the card available also to the VIP customers who purchase the set online or ONLY for the first 100 that will purchase the set at the event?

LEGO: Only for the 100 that will purchase the set at the event.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    1m square wouldn't fit through most shops store room door. You could fit the built MF in that box (other than the depth)!
    If it was 1m square then you'd just need to turn sideways. If it was 1m cubed, there'd be a problem :-)

Huw said:

Our review sample has just arrived :)
    You mean the prize for this week's lottery thread?

AllBrickGoldchainscatwrangler
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 455
    omnium said:
    Seen on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/370592876693895/permalink/370615126691670

LEGO: The first 100 people to purchase this set will receive a limited edition LEGO VIP card entitling the bearer to exclusive VIP benefits in 2018.

Alberto Bebo Romani: Is the card available also to the VIP customers who purchase the set online or ONLY for the first 100 that will purchase the set at the event?

LEGO: Only for the 100 that will purchase the set at the event.

Given that the event is only in one place in the world that does seem a little unfair.
    Given that the event is only in one place in the world that does seem a little unfair.
    I don't think it's true either - different LEGO teams tell different people different stories.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    They clarified the cards, all locations have them, only the first 100 at the event get a special display case with it.
    TyresOFlahertyomnium
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    They clarified the cards, all locations have them, only the first 100 at the event get a special display case with it.
    Source? 
    So as well as carrying a blinkin' great heavy box home, you also have to carry a frickin' massive display case too?

Almost glad I'm not going, except they may get a free display case...
    They clarified it on the facebook thread - if I read it correctly, the display case is for the VIP card, not the MF :)
    Switchfoot55bandit778cheshirecat
    I can't see small locations give out 100 displaycases for a 1 meter long MF. Those things cost like €100 at least. But if they do it I'll definitely line up. 
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406

omniumstluxbandit778
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 311
    Aaaaand now I'm interested in going again. :)
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    leetshoe said:
    l wouldn't mind ordering it online, but is there any way to make Lego request a signed on delivery? l don't want $800 waiting on my doorstep for 4 hours while l'm at work.
    Maybe you can leave instructions to have it left at a side door...
    Ah you get a special display box for the VIP card and only at locations that do this event (because not all locations do events). 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,311
    ^Will the display case for the card come with a tiny little hammer and one of those signs that reads, "In case of emergency, break glass"?
    Rainstorm26catwrangler
    ^Will the display case for the card come with a tiny little hammer and one of those signs that reads, "In case of emergency, break glass"?
    No, but they'll include an orange brick separator as a substitute.
    Switchfoot55bandit778catwrangler
    Looks like many people will be disappointed if those intrested decide to go...

• BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 622
    Adzbadboy said:
    Looks like many people will be disappointed if those intrested decide to go...

Might be ok if it's all groups of 4 sharing the cost. Then nothing bad will ever happen again!
    SirBrickalotOfLegocatwrangler
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 197
    Anything that standing in line on launch day/a midnight release will get me as a bonus -- even if it's "just" a special holder for a Black VIP card -- is worth it to me.

Now I just need to find out if my local LEGO Store in San Diego will be offering these little bonus items...
  • OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    omnium said:
    Now. Hang on! Am I going to have to miss the last episode of Lego Masters to go to this?!?

Maybe :) :) -- record it? lol
    omnium
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    Aw comes on future benefits?? Now October Double VIP points seems kinda dumb... even though I really want the VIP set
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 197
    Additionally, I'm still curious if there's any truth to that supposed picture of a boxed UCS MF with wheels.  That is seriously cool.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,475
    The exclusive VIP benefits with the black card is a nice little extra, I imagine that's via a unique code on the reverse, unless the exclusives are an in-store only deal? Definitely going to be very interesting to see what the future holds in terms of lovely new Lego treats!
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 410
    It's going to be a real mess trying to get one of these things on the 14th isn't it
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    leetshoe said:
    Do what I do when buying something expensive online:  Spend the extra $$$ to have it shipped expedited through Fedex, then once the tracking number is available, change the delivery service to hold at location.  Then go and pick it up directly at the local pickup center(usually a Fedex/Kinkos).  Far safer, you get the quicker delivery, and mostly painless.
    kbw
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    omnium
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    That's one person disappointed !!!
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Definitely not going to the midnight launch. Chances seem slim to be in first 100 if not there early doors
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 410
    leetshoe said:
    Do what I do when buying something expensive online:  Spend the extra $$$ to have it shipped expedited through Fedex, then once the tracking number is available, change the delivery service to hold at location.  Then go and pick it up directly at the local pickup center(usually a Fedex/Kinkos).  Far safer, you get the quicker delivery, and mostly painless.
    My FedEx/Kinkos will let you ship directly to the store. I haven't done it with Lego, but you should be able to put the store address as the shipping address with C/O your name and number when ordering online. The store will call you when it arrives. Would be a good idea to check the local store prior and to just confirm what all they need, however. It's a great service. 
    Goldchains
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    leetshoe said:
    thanks for the info. Didn't know you could do that. l'll try it out if l can't manage to find it at a store
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    I'm getting little bit confused here.. So is the Leicester Square event the only one in the world giving away these VIP Case holders, to the first 100 buyers? Or are there other invites around the world with other Lego designers and midnight giveaways, with VIP case holders?