Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 902
    I want to know how he's going to ship it on September 12 when it's not available until September 14! He has promised delivery on the 12th - I want it on the 12th to beat everybody else!
    omnium
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 596
    I have officially been given the green light to get this day 1! It just so happens my day off is the 14th so I can stay up late to hopefully grab one. 
    catwranglerSirBrickalotOfLegoPaperballparkTyresOFlahertysnowhitie
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Calv said:
    I want to know how he's going to ship it on September 12 when it's not available until September 14! He has promised delivery on the 12th - I want it on the 12th to beat everybody else!
    Possibly just a way for him to fool the buyer into thinking they are gunna get it before anyone else and pay extra, pretend he's bought it and sent it on the 12th but actually buys it on the 14th, sends it out next day and just blames the courier for the delay??
    omniumFollowsClosely
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,382
    Adzbadboy said:
    Fireheart said:
    ^ This is selling on eBay for £10 currently...
    It's quite tempting to do the same but I don't want to be that idiot.

I'm getting closer to saving up for the UCS MF, doing it the right way; selling my own sets, Minifigures and other non-LEGO merchandise. If everything goes well I'll have enough for the midnight release. Hoping some of you could help me out ;)

I'm 2 hour's from a store so I was the idiot who bought one
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 321
    edited September 2017
    omnium said:
    Has it even been confirmed that there will be a signing? And how do we know there'll be enough sets for those who queue for it?
    Well, you'll have to take my word for it (first time poster, lol), but multiple Leicester Square staffers have told me independently that there will be one on midnight of Sept 13th/14th.

They don't know how many copies they'll get in stock, and one staffer told me the event will run until 6am while another told me one hour only, but they've all said there will be one.

Ill be there getting mine. :)
    omnium
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    I heard from a staffer it would run until 6am?

anyway, I have now committed to going for the midnight thing, but what time to start queueing? Would getting there for 11 be ok, or is 10 a better option (never done this before so have no idea what to expect in terms of turn out and queue times etc). I am sucking it will be popular, but only to the hard core fan?

also thinking of taking my force Friday poster and getting that signed rather than the box, easier to get framed and look after than a massive box.
    omnium
    To those getting a signed one, are you gunna open it and build it? If not that's £1300 you need to spend on getting a second unsigned one to open and build! :O
    omnium
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    Guys, let's make a deal: Please do not post your MF in this thread once you get it.
    The whole Forum may brake down through loading all of those 4K pics, your Internet router at home may explode, which will destroy your MF and then you will be broke for good, as you lost your house and, frankly your only investment... But for real tho, pls don't do that <3
    omnium
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    edited September 2017
    To those getting a signed one, are you gunna open it and build it? If not that's £1300 you need to spend on getting a second unsigned one to open and build! :O
    I'll be opening and building mine - whether it's signed or not. It might take me a while to get around to it, but I will. And I won't be buying a 2nd. With a limit of 5, surely I could buy 2 and get them both signed and sell one to cover the cost? But I think that's evil :-O

monkey_roo said:
    I heard from a staffer it would run until 6am?

anyway, I have now committed to going for the midnight thing, but what time to start queueing? Would getting there for 11 be ok, or is 10 a better option (never done this before so have no idea what to expect in terms of turn out and queue times etc). I am sucking it will be popular, but only to the hard core fan?

also thinking of taking my force Friday poster and getting that signed rather than the box, easier to get framed and look after than a massive box.
    I too have never done that and would like to know. Are you talking am or pm, by the way ;-)
    Legofanscott
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    ^ yes PM.
    I was thinking of getting to the store around 10:30pm, figure and hour and half wait is about right, can't imagine people will get there too much earlier, but much later and it could become a long, long night.

Of course it might not and only a few people make the effort?
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    Anyone going to the Leeds store?
  • Angry_WarlockAngry_Warlock MKMember Posts: 16
    ^ yes PM.
    I was thinking of getting to the store around 10:30pm, figure and hour and half wait is about right, can't imagine people will get there too much earlier, but much later and it could become a long, long night.

Im not going to the Leicester Sq store, but if i was it would be way, way earlier than 10.30. I wouldnt be surprised if people were there straight after work - 6ish and onwards.
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25

So I was pricing out minifigs to complete all of the passengers and crew of the Millenium Falcon from the mainline movies... only to find out there has never been a Nien Nunb minifig.

How can that be... he and Lando blew up the Death Star II...

SumoLegoM_BossBumblepantsMr_CrossFollowsCloselyLegoboysnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,096
    Someone on the design team is an anti-nunbite.
    M_BossBumblepantsMr_CrossmonstblitzMatt89190Bengh_Zeran
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,640
    @ceniack  I believe there is some confusion here with figures and names. Ten Numb was a B-wing pilot in episode 6 during the battle of Endor. Nien Nunb is the co-pilot next to Lando in the Falcon during the same battle. So you can't have that figure because Lego never made it although he was there.

Lego got Ten Numb's suit color wrong on set #6208 probably because of confusion in early release literature but they got correct color of suit in set #75050. A little bit of confusion is also added by the fact that both Ten and Nunb are Sullustan residents. 
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    oldtodd33 said:
    @ceniack  I believe there is some confusion here with figures and names. Ten Numb was a B-wing pilot in episode 6 during the battle of Endor. Nien Nunb is the co-pilot next to Lando in the Falcon during the same battle. So you can't have that figure because Lego never made it although he was there.
    Right. It's crazy there has never been a Nien Nunb minifig. This would have been the perfect opportunity to have him. 

The only things about this set I am disappointed in is that it doesn't have every crew of the ship from the mainline movies so far, and the use of the gray rigging in the rear.

that said, it's still a day one purchase for me.
    omnium
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,740
    ^ yes PM.

Right, i'd better get there at 10.29 then...
    omnium
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    ceniack said:
    oldtodd33 said:
    Right. It's crazy there has never been a Nien Nunb minifig. This would have been the perfect opportunity to have him. 

The only things about this set I am disappointed in is that it doesn't have every crew of the ship from the mainline movies so far, and the use of the gray rigging in the rear.

They are saving that minifigure line up for the Star Wars 50th anniversary in 2027. The UCS MF will be rereleased for the final time as the 20th anniversary of 10179 with a full character line up from Ep 4 to 9, and will be £999.99, $1500.00, €2000.00.

It will be so much better than 75192.. :)
    SirBrickalotOfLegoFollowsCloselymonstblitzBengh_Zeran
  • MattymanMattyman LondonMember Posts: 27
    Do we know of any set reviews appearing prior to VIP release?  There is normally one or two for other sets pre release. 
  • legofanfromleedslegofanfromleeds legoland...England Member Posts: 414
    cavegod said:
    I'm hopefully going bright and early...now the question should be how early ? Thinking  stock will be limited 
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    Do we have any confirmation regarding any freebies for people who buy the UCS MF on day one? I have no interest in anyone messing up the box with signatures! :)

If I buy day one, there is a good chance it will sit on display for one or more months before it gets opened since I already have a bunch of sets to build after Force Friday II! If there is no advantage to buying day one then I will probably wait for a decent freebie, like the #40178 Exclusive VIP Set that should be available in October, or for a better VIP deal later in the year.

I'm currently deciding whether to book next Thursday off so I can make a trip to Milton Keynes lego store. I need to decide soon! :)
    omnium
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 536
    SumoLego said:
    Someone on the design team is an anti-nunbite.
    I'm sure you mean anti-Sullustan :-)
    cavegod said:
    I'm hopefully going bright and early...now the question should be how early ? Thinking  stock will be limited 
    The leeds store will open at 9am what time does the trinity centre open? Wanna meet up?
    Do we have any confirmation regarding any freebies for people who buy the UCS MF on day one? I have no interest in anyone messing up the box with signatures! :)

If I buy day one, there is a good chance it will sit on display for one or more months before it gets opened since I already have a bunch of sets to build after Force Friday II! If there is no advantage to buying day one then I will probably wait for a decent freebie, like the #40178 Exclusive VIP Set that should be available in October, or for a better VIP deal later in the year.

I'm currently deciding whether to book next Thursday off so I can make a trip to Milton Keynes lego store. I need to decide soon! :)

I would've thought Lego would be doing some sort of freebie promotion on such an expensive set to tempt people to buy it day one.

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,003
    Be careful of freebies with the MF.  You don't want floating free minifig head dents/holes all over the bottom of your box.
    LegofanscottPapaBear
    edited September 2017
    Be careful of freebies with the MF.  You don't want floating free minifig head dents/holes all over the bottom of your box.

A poster of the blue prints would be cool, best of both worlds. A worthwhile freebie plus no dents and holes.
    snowhitie
    cavegod said
    cavegod said:
    The leeds store will open at 9am what time does the trinity centre open? Wanna meet up?
    Think there are parts open 24hr ....i don't want to be there too early but if I miss out I will be gutted....
    cavegod said
    cavegod said:
    Think there are parts open 24hr ....i don't want to be there too early but if I miss out I will be gutted....
    Im thinking get there at 8 get a coffee then go and wait. wheres best to park? or depending where you live go in one car?
    cavegod said:
    cavegod said
    cavegod said:
    Im thinking get there at 8 get a coffee then go and wait. wheres best to park? or depending where you live go in one car?
    I always park on Whitehall road.. ( railway station car par / whitherspoons entrance).there are 3 different car parks to choose from...must admit it's a bit of a walk but we have wheels remember hahaha..
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 137
    Fireheart said:
    ceniack said:
    oldtodd33 said:

They are saving that minifigure line up for the Star Wars 50th anniversary in 2027. The UCS MF will be rereleased for the final time as the 20th anniversary of 10179 with a full character line up from Ep 4 to 9, and will be £999.99, $1500.00, €2000.00.

It will be so much better than 75192.. :)
    Should we start a rumour thread for that set now? 
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 157
    It would be ironic if the freebie for buying the falcon on day one was... Nien Nunb 
    omniumRainstorm26Muftak1YodaliciousFollowsCloselyroxioCasper_vd_KorfGoldchainsBengh_Zeran
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 419
    So I really think I'm going to do this. Have some VIP points saved up that will help that help a bit and my birthday is 10/01. If I get this, is there any reason to have 75105 as well or nah? 
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    kbw said:
    So I really think I'm going to do this. Have some VIP points saved up that will help that help a bit and my birthday is 10/01. If I get this, is there any reason to have 75105 as well or nah? 
    I'd say nah. I'll probably sell my 7965.
    kbw
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,347
    edited September 2017
    kbw said:
    Actually, I would say yes for three reasons.

Firstly, at some point, due to the fact you are a Star Wars fan (why else would you buy the Falcon?) and because it's an unwritten law, regardless of age, you are going to want to make the engine sound effects and swoosh the ship about the room just because, and #75192 is probably not the best set to do that with.

Secondly, there are some rather awkward round stickers on round part placement with #75105 which will be really good practice for making sure the stickers that come with #75192 are placed correctly as messing them up on a £650 set just doesn't bare thinking about.

and thirdly, just price. #75105 has been available with numerous discounts throughout it's life and is well worth it if you don't have a system scale Falcon. :)

kbwmonstblitzstluxcatwranglerMr_Crosssnowhitie
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    ceniack said:

So I was pricing out minifigs to complete all of the passengers and crew of the Millenium Falcon from the mainline movies... only to find out there has never been a Nien Nunb minifig.

How can that be... he and Lando blew up the Death Star II...

And there's your May 4th promo 2018.  
    SumoLegoYodaliciousgmonkey76CapnRex101Bengh_Zeran
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    spepper said:
    It would be ironic if the freebie for buying the falcon on day one was... Nien Nunb 
    I would love it if this happened, but I honestly don't think there will be a freebie - first run will sell out immediately without incentives. I also think we'd have heard about it already if there was such an accompanying freebie.

I'd want a Lando too.
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 185
    ceniack said:
    My wife gave me the go ahead. When the original came out we had just gotten married and I was finishing my undergrad and she was working on her masters so we were dirt poor. By the time we had some spare money it was retired.

I have to say we must live the same life. This exact thing happened to me. Now we just need to figure out how I'm going to pick up the Hasbro Star Wars stuff that came out.
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 110
    It's a great poster and I'm currently sitting only a few feet from a plotter.  But it would completely deplete the black ink supply, ha...
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Grabbed it! Thanks for the efforts!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    Actually, I might be able to do a straighter one. Hold on for a little while...
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 110
    edited September 2017
    Mr_CrossMynattMrGudzYeeYodalicious
    I appreciate you don't want to use all your black ink, but to me that just looks... wrong. I don't know why, but it just does. Plus the upload to imgur has resized it to be about half the original size.
    Actually, I might be able to do a straighter one. Hold on for a little while...
    Or maybe I can't. Oh well.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    I really only have one complaint about this set - the minifigure selection is lacking.  For $800, you couldn't have thrown in Ben/Luke from Ep 4, and Lando/Nien from Ep 6?
    omnium
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 634
    dougts said:
    I really only have one complaint about this set - the minifigure selection is lacking.  For $800, you couldn't have thrown in Ben/Luke from Ep 4, and Lando/Nien from Ep 6?

True.  I expected a Death Star amount of minifigures for a set this size and price, but that was probably an unreasonable expectation.

If we're going to nitpick, I also really don't like the tunnel stickers.  I understand why they are necessary to give an illusion to a larger interior, but to me it's a cheap short cut that has no place in a set of this grandeur. 
    omniumYodalicious
  • VenunderVenunder Grimsby, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    In my view stickers have no place in Lego sets that cost more than £100.
    If a decal is needed it should be printed.
    In fact knowing that stickers are in this set has definitely stopped me from buying it.

dougtsBartelas
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 543
    edited September 2017
    Everyone here hates stickers, everyone.  That said, those hallways do look phenomenal.  Still, I will most likely do what I do with all stickers and leave them on their sheet forever.

As for the minifig selection, I guess they are saving them for the re-re-release UCS MF.

This is essentially a model, not a play set.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 634
    The tunnel stickers are one thing.  On the second watch of the designer video I noticed the super cheap and crappy looking 'bullet' hole sticker that goes on the exterior.  Interior stickers at least are hidden.  Again, it's nitpicking and I know it can be left off, but why include it in the first place!
    PapaBearYee