Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Preparing for Force Friday II

Comments

• MoneyHypeMikeMoneyHypeMike Québec, CanadaMember Posts: 42
    Is the Falcon going to be available for pre-order tomorrow? It's under the Force Friday section.

Sorry if this has been answered previously.
    Available for VIP on September 14th, the actual release date is October 1st.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,420
    Woow Woow Woow!
    This FF is a total bummer man!
    No #40176 Scarif Stormtrooper when ordering from [email protected] in the Netherlands.
    The discounted sets are either: A. not discounted enough (so not really enticing bargains); B. sets I already have; or C. sets I could not care less about.

And what is up with these new ep.VIII sets?! Besides all of them being overpriced (e.g.: €45 for the smallest #75176 resistance transport pod counting a mere 294 pieces), some look just hideous.

I feel so 'meh' about FF right now.

ps.
    Hello again, and sorry for not posting anything more upbeat right now.
    snowhitieKerreJackad7
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    No, available to VIPs on 14th and 15th.  General release is 10/01
    bgl_84
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,507
    so what I hoped for was either the U-wing or the Y-wing at 50% off + the scarif trooper.
    none of them are discounted and you have to go to a physical store for the scarif trooper, that's a week too late for me. :/
    omniumbgl_84Jackad7
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 492
    Does the sale go live @ midnight according to the timezone you're in?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,621
    @PapaBear midnight eastern time zone. May not show up until you add to cart.
    Pate5346
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 492
    edited September 2017
    @gmonkey76 okay, thank you
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    I guess it is kind of bad to complain but I wish the Caveman/woman pack would still be available, but once '12am' hit, it was removed from the cart.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 869
    A bunch of decent sales.  Nothing earth shattering but nice when combined with double VIP.  Got the y wing and micro fighter wing for day 1. 
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    My cart was showing the travel suitcase promo in addition to the Scarif trooper & poster. No issues at all during checkout, but as usual, no email confirmation of my order yet.
  • NaptownMVPNaptownMVP Indianapolis Member Posts: 15
    Brick built BB8 on backorder already?
  • WhateveristWhateverist BelgiumMember Posts: 31
    I was browsing TLJ sets to see if there's anything I'd like to pick up for the free poster, but with the Resistance Bomber being 30 euros above what I'd be willing to spend on it and - bizarrely - no sets at the 20 euro pricepoint (really Lego?), I think my wallet is safe for now.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    Just got back. Someone took all the 75176 Pods so I just got my Praetorian Guard and left. I watched grown adult men run to the Star Wars section and start shoving things into their carts. Shoving. A mom had stuff piled on the floor, like she was going through it? With her young kid next to her. 

Crazy stuff. Got my guard and I'm happy though!
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 613
    Just ordered BB-8, no backorder in the UK. I like the resistance bomber as well as it's a New Star Wars ship, and not a re-release, but will wait till the shops get this and the price drops..
    Bit gutted the the trooper figure is in store only for the UK! 
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 549
    I'm off to the Lego store soon, I'm hoping to get BB-8. I also really like the TIE Silencer, but I don't know if I can justify the £75.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,420
    I don't understand why when ordering in/from Germany and France will get you the Scarif Stormtrooper special collectable minifig but not when you order from any of the BeNeLux countries, especially since the warehouse from which all orders are shipped to all mentioned countries is located somewhere in Belgium I believe.

Anyway, I love #75179 Kylo Ren's TIE-fighter, and the #75179 Resistance Bomber, but I can wait and will get them when I see those somewhere on special offer for a good price. I think I will pass on those weird walkers, those sets give me eyesore.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,366
    @TheBigLegoski In France and Germany you also need to go to a Lego Store to get the Scarif Stormtrooper poly. Not that this makes TLG's ****** any better.

Will see whether I feel like driving to Saarbrucken tomorrow. Fortunately I managed to pick up some Scarif Stormtroopers in Billund last week.
    bandit778TheBigLegoski
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    Wake up at 5am and BB8 already on backorder
    C'mon!
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    ^^^ In Belgium the stormtrooper is also available at the store only. Well played, Lego, well played. I'm sure this is a way to keep their site up and running due to all the "not orders" they'll be getting for this promotion.
    Kerre
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,176
    sid3windr said:
    ^^^ In Belgium the stormtrooper is also available at the store only. Well played, Lego, well played. I'm sure this is a way to keep their site up and running due to all the "not orders" they'll be getting for this promotion.
    Also a clever way to get people into the store to marvel at the huge great display build of the biggest set ever (so far) that's not going to be available until the 14th (or 1st Oct depending on your VIP status).
    omniumsid3windrBengh_Zeran
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,031
    ^ sounds plausible and I guess they want to show off the MF in real life too. Still, very disappointed.
    omnium
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    ^ I went to a midnight opening of Toys R Us in the UK and BB-8 was probably the most popular set that people were buying if they bought lego. They had to restock them several times while I was waiting to pick up mine! :)
    It's a cool set!
    omnium
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    Any one else showing the travel companion instead of the poster.
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 374
    Just back from Meadowhall. Picked up BB-8 with the freebies. Also got a caveman set thrown in. But no UCS falcon on display ☹️ Guess I'll have to keep visiting to get a look at it
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    Kinda meh on this Force Friday thing. Had been eyeing that Slave 1, but it didn't make the sale list. Not sure if I should wait or take advantage of double points. Don't know if I want the TIE Fighter either. 
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    If you ordered right after midnight, the poster, travel companion and scariff trooper all showed up in the cart. It could be they are out of posters for the day. I know there is a new poster tommorrow so maybe they only have so many to hand out.
    Awesomenessgmonkey76
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 655
    For once, no checkout issues with the shop.lego site when I ordered the jedi starfighter w/hyperspace ring this morning. Travel suitcase and scarif stormtrooper promo were added to the cart.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    If you ordered right after midnight, the poster, travel companion and scariff trooper all showed up in the cart. It could be they are out of posters for the day. I know there is a new poster tommorrow so maybe they only have so many to hand out.
    Darn, that stinks. l ordered at 5am and no poster showed up in my cart. Ridiculous that they run out of posters in 5 hours.
  • HyogaHyoga JapanMember Posts: 13
    I swear to Kamisama, prices at this moment compared to this morning (in my timezone, I checked all prices for new sets at 7am+ -> right after mignight in europe) are all 10€ higher. And no more sign of any discount.
  • HyogaHyoga JapanMember Posts: 13
    Ah, my bad, I still see some discounts. But the prices are definitley 10€ higher than this morning.
  • BlueBen1111BlueBen1111 United StatesMember Posts: 7
    I have to drop my sister off at work at 11 and then it's off the the LEGO Store and then Toys R Us for me
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 249
    Anyone have any thoughts if Slave I will make it to May 4 and be on sale then?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,981
    I can't decide whether to get the buildable BB-8 or not. Trying to while down to OT and UCS. I do like the look of it, it's the only thing currently on sale (but not "on sale") that tempts me until the new Falcon is out. I do have my XXL Batcave/Wayne Manor to get on with and complete.

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    I was convinced I'd get BB8 at some point, but when I saw the play features, I had to have it!! Flicking out the flame is the coolest feature
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 631
    Wandered into the Lego store 15 minutes after open.  Saw a girl sprint over to one of the last 2 BB-8s to grab one.  After witnessing that commotion I figured I might better grab one while the getting was good.  Took the last one along with Old Fishing Store and Saturn V.  More VIP points for Oct. 14th!
    snowhitie
    The Lego store in the Houston didn't have any new sets or scarif stormtrooper due to Harvey. Disappointing! Costumer Service phones aren't working either.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 516
    edited September 2017
    leetshoe said:
    Darn, that stinks. l ordered at 5am and no poster showed up in my cart. Ridiculous that they run out of posters in 5 hours.
    Hmm, maybe I was too optimistic in assuming that the posters would just be included even if they weren't in my cart, since the banner on the checkout page said it was one of the free things.  But to be honest, you were already way too late at 5AM.  I placed an order before 3AM EDT and BB-8 was already on backorder and the poster didn't show up in my cart.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    I ordered BB8 just after 9PM PDT and it was already back ordered until the 18th of September. Debating on going to a store to get it sooner but don't really want to wait in the lines. Kinda want to build it this weekend though. Decisions, decisions. 
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Never got an email confirmation for my BB-8 order but it shows as "in warehouse" so I'm not too worried. 

I was surprised the new sets went live right at about midnight.
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 549
    edited September 2017
    Just finished building BB-8. A very enjoyable building experience despite being repetitive, it felt like a complex puzzle coming together. The end result is excellent, I don't understand why it doesn't have the UCS label.
  • meandonlymemeandonlyme Member Posts: 16
    At 00:20, BB-8 was already backordered. It was still available when I added it to my cart but then I spent less than 5 minutes to look at the offers so I missed it.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    If it is back ordered, how did you 'miss it'? Last I checked a back ordered item can still be added to the cart (or did LEGO change something?)
  • meandonlymemeandonlyme Member Posts: 16
    I missed the few minutes when it was still in stock. Which means instead of waiting maybe one day before they ship it, I have to wait much longer.
    Well order placed for backordered Slave I. I called customer service, and they "guaranteed" it would come with scarif stormtrooper. It better!
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 764
    Is the UCS Tie Fighter done? It says out of stock, not backordered. It's been out about 2 years?
    flord said:
    Is the UCS Tie Fighter done? It says out of stock, not backordered. It's been out about 2 years?
    I would imagine so with all the discounts everywhere. 
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Just a heads up but the 2nd day poster is available at S&H. Most of everything is on back order but the new poster for today shows up in the cart.
    Just a heads up but the 2nd day poster is available at S&H. Most of everything is on back order but the new poster for today shows up in the cart.
    Yup just placed a order and got mine.