Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,629
    edited August 2017
    The stand added a lot to the Slave I and Imperial Shuttle both of which could have just been left in landing position but I am unsure how you would go about making one for the MF.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,902
    I'm wondering if it'd be sturdy enough vertically, but what if it was displayed leaning back a little (like a book on one of those stands you get to hold cookbooks open in the kitchen)? Those of you who own the original UCS Falcon - do you think a stand could be brickbuilt that could support its weight if it were vertical? 
    From what I have read I seem to remember people saying the top hull plates in the original were not attached very well to the main body of the ship (cannot confirm as I haven't built it yet). By the looks of the leaked image (if real) the gappy top hull seems to have been addressed so it may be less prone to moving about so an upright stand could be possible but it would have to be very strong due to the overall weight of the build.

Had a look through an old EB thread as I remembered someone making a stand to fit the Falcon.
    Bobbongo1895 came up with this in 2012 which displayed the ship at quite a nice angle.

YodaliciousdougtsLobotsnowhitieYeeGoldchainsstluxcatwrangler
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 278
    TBH I genuinely don't think making an in-flight type stand would be all that hard - the Helicarrier was also huge and bulky, but go a nice stable stand. I think somewhere between that and Slave I (for the angle) would be a winner.
    catwrangler
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,280
    I read that someone's local LEGO Store has received a copy to build for Force Friday
    Yeewaynlewis
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    CM4S said:
    I read that someone's local LEGO Store has received a copy to build for Force Friday
    Mine will aswell
    Yee
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    I'm willing to bet mine will, but that said when I went last time they still didn't have a Saturn V up, and my local store is less than 100 miles from, well, NASA...
    catwranglerBobflip
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    Well looks like I'll be making a long overdue trip to my LEGO store
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,495
    JooTog said: by
    The Death Star has 20+ minifigures, so I do not think it is unreasonable for this set to have 10+ or even 20+ minifigures. With the anniversary of Ep 4, the rumored mynock (Ep 5), and the hinted BB-8 (ep 7,8), you will think all movies featuring the MF will be represented.

On all the extra pieces, I do not know, but I appreciate a nice stand. An interior will be nice, but I can do without. Maybe just a bunch of brick-built asteroids? ;-)

Also, I mentioned before that with the rumored 2 radars I will have to buy 2... but now I think I will need a third one to have with no radar as at the end of ROTJ :-D
    The Death Star isn't much of a display model without the minifigures though. Take away the minifigures and it looks crap. It exists for the minifigures.

Whereas the build is the star in the Falcon's case.
    Bumblepants
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 85
    Has anyone seen the Playmobile Ghostbusters sets?? They almost fooled me into thinking they were Lego, didn't look bad at all..
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,629
    ^ Yes they look good but not Lego like, they are making how to train your dragon too. But this is off topic even for this thread.
    Mr_CrossA.Brickovsky
  • YeeYee USAMember Posts: 18
    I'd love a great variety of minifigs with the Falcon but I'd be shocked if we got more than 8. Death Star is ~4,000 pieces for $500 so it makes sense it'd have a good amount of minifigs. The Falcon having ~7,500 for $800 and a similar of minifigs is unlikely. 
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 455
    SumoLego said:

It will also coincide with the third film of Phase IV of the Star Wars Legacy, whereby we will learn the backstory of the now-sentient Aluminum Falcon. 
    Aluminium :-P
    sid3windromniumstluxcatwranglerMaffyD
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,710
    And can I make a request to close this thread once the set is actually announced?  Please, please, please!

@CapnRex101
    LegoboyFireheartpharmjodstluxcatwrangler
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I say change the name of the thread to UCS MF is not a rumour!  (insert Kindergarten Cop meme here)
    SumoLegoLegoboyBumblepantsFireheartgmonkey76Yeecatwranglermonstblitzprevere
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 85
    Good Morning People!!! Guys have a great weekend.
    JRL
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 278
    What do you all reckon we'll get on Tuesday? By sheer coincidence, it just so happens to be my birthday, so maybe TLG will give me a present and tell us it has an interior.... (fingers crossed, anyway)
  • YeeYee USAMember Posts: 18
    I'm guessing it's going to be a silhouette or the Falcom with a sheet covering it.  
  • Wicket_WWicket_W Forest moon of EndorMember Posts: 17
    I think they may give a small hint as to what it is. Or maybe the weight of the thing. They don't  have much more to give us other than revealing it entirely.
  • 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 43
    ^I agree. LEGO doesn't think that the "average fan" will have cracked it by now...
    Bartelas
    7BS said:
    ^I agree. LEGO doesn't think that the "average fan" will have cracked it by now...
    So... how would you call us then? ;)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    Above average?
    bobabricksPapaBear
  • 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 43
    ...extraordinary...extraordinarily obsessive?
    M_BossbobabricksFollowsClosely
    ^agreed
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,331
    Average Friend of LEGO?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,029
    Yes I asked this question maybe a page back. With Tuesday being the day of teasers lately and that only being a couple days away from when the set is officially released I wonder what type of "teaser" they will have or if it will be something totally off the wall.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    Bartelas said:
    7BS said:
    So... how would you call us then? ;)
    why we are the not normal people who are obsessive about lego and lego news.
    who well spend hours each days reading a post about rumours of a set that lego have still not confirmed is real. even if at this point we all know it is real.
    No matter what happens Tuesday, im super excited for friday.
    C0chiseYee
    Nothing 
    BartelasMr_Cross
    CM4S said:
    Nothing 
    Haha there you go guys, that's what I call an optimist! xD
    On Tuesday, we will get a video that shows nothing and only causes everyone to speculate even more
    We'll get nothing and you'll like it! 
    gmonkey76Mr_CrossYeeTyresOFlahertyGoldchains
    I can dream!
    Is this out yet?  I'm bored
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    I reckon the Tuesday is too close to the press release date, we won't get a teaser next week.
    CM4SMr_Cross
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    Adzbadboy said:
    I reckon the Tuesday is too close to the press release date, we won't get a teaser next week.
    maybe we all get a free cookie?
    CM4Sgmonkey76M_BossAdzbadboy
  • legojeroenlegojeroen NetherlandsMember Posts: 31
    Sooo nobody saw the first comment for the new 'whats missing?' article?

"By BrickCommander in Denmark, 27 Aug 2017 17:56

Make sure you are not missing out on sets that have already been made, as the first wave of Rogue One is going to retire with the end of 2017 - including my TIE Striker and Krennic's shuttle, to be replaced by SOMETHING BIG and SOMETHING EVEN MUCH, MUCH BIGGER :)"

That's the same designer who put that note at the clone trooper tank enrty in his bricklist. So we get something big wich is not a USC MF :)

CM4SCrzypengucatwranglerBengh_Zeran
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 220
    I think maybe a countdown the next few days slowly zooming out on an image of the falcon. 
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 950
    I've suddenly realised that I want the UCS Falcon to be a massive hoax. Lego are imploding and have spent so much money on the Lego House that it's going to be the biggest ever white elephant mausoleum to a dead brand.
    Rather than die alone they're going to take us all with them when they go, a mass brick induced suicide. All that will be left behind will be an army of eBay resellers sitting in their Doritos stained pants wondering who they will sell the stockpile of near-worthless modulars and retired Star Wars sets to. Eventually, they too will realize it's all pointless and overdose on a lethal cocktail of 12" Marvel Figurines and Sunny 'D'.
    SirBrickalotOfLego
    ^ I don't really. I'm chewing my own foot off in anticipation and every time there's more than 15 replies to this topic, I think "this is it!". Childish excitement at 100%!
    C0chiseBengh_Zeran
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    UCS Falcon = FAKE NEWS!!

• sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,331
    MAKE ALDERAAN GREAT AGAIN!
    Rainstorm26FowlerBricks1265MattDawson
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,029
    Look at what lego does...
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    Like it you check this thread every few hours for news like I do.
    CM4SPenkid11bobabricksCrzypengurawbobMuftak1blakusdkBengh_Zeran
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    I see 24 new post and foolishly get excited.
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Sooo nobody saw the first comment for the new 'whats missing?' article?

"By BrickCommander in Denmark, 27 Aug 2017 17:56

Make sure you are not missing out on sets that have already been made, as the first wave of Rogue One is going to retire with the end of 2017 - including my TIE Striker and Krennic's shuttle, to be replaced by SOMETHING BIG and SOMETHING EVEN MUCH, MUCH BIGGER :)"

That's the same designer who put that note at the clone trooper tank enrty in his bricklist. So we get something big wich is not a USC MF :)

I don't know what to think of this, If the LEGO Set that they are talking is bigger than the Millennium Falcon then what could it be? Wayne Manor is a possibility, but at 7500+ pieces would probably not sell as well as this iconic Star Wars Ship. I could be wrong though.
    Something much bigger could be a new UCS Star Destroyer, but I hope they're actually planning a Classic Space station of epic proportions, complete with remakes of #918, #924 and #928
    Bengh_ZeranwaynlewisomniumTkatt