Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 43
    Here's the very bad Google Translate version of the large body of text on the upper left region:
    "LEGO Star Wars in the history of the largest and valuable collection of the Millennium Falcon model, complex and detailed hull design makes people amazing."
    Or in other words, no interior.
    Bartelas
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 413
    ^  I was wondering the same thing with that part :)
    ...red circle says something about it being limited edition and available in authorized stores in october.
  • Great job putting that Star Destroyer in the corner... Guess I'll save my money for it.
    Bartelas
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 413
    Bah, my comment above was about @Rainstorm26 's comment about the rigging prices dropping. But with all of the new discussion I was too slow in being right under his comment :P
    ^I know they're referring to the Falcon, but it would be cool to get that circular enclosure from Mos Eisley from which it takes off as well, for display.
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    So I just got in and checked the forum, and saw there were 45 new posts. For someone who checks this thread multiple times a day, that's quite a lot. With this in mind, I scanned through the posts with the intention of making some kind of silly comment about hype vs. lack of news. And then I saw it: an actual leak!
    And here's the craziest part: I didn't click it.
    Why? Well to answer the question I'm sure absolutely no one is asking, here's a fun little parable:
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Trailer the Leaked? I thought not. It's not a story EA would tell you - it's a Reddit legend. 
    The year was probably circa 2000 BBY (I think). Many citizens of the planet Terra were going absolutely mental over the upcoming release of a video game re-enacting the Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, and also the Disney one. For many fans, this was a polarising issue. Many found the game's predecessor to be shallow and not very fun, while the other faction were optimistic about EA's ability to influence the midichlorians and fix their mistakes. As hype built towards the game's first reveal trailer, a 30 second TV trailer was leaked online. Our protagonist, Apprentice Matt89190 the foolish, clicked on said link and watched the trailer. When the time for the official reveal came around, Matt, along with many others, felt the event fell somewhat flat, with many of the big reveals having been spoiled by the leak.

Ironic, he could be so disappointed by what he'd been so excited for...

So yeah, I've learnt my lesson about leaks.... :)
    SirBrickalotOfLegoM_Boss
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    Phoenix416 on EB translated the text:

'Hey guys, I am Chinese and I've been tracking this thread for quite a few months. It is really excited to see the pic and let me translate:

1. The left upper white text: "The biggest and the most collectible MF model in Lego Star Wars history. The complicated and detailed spaceship is amazing."

2. The right upper white text in the red circle: "Exclusively available in October at Lego Certified Store." (Although "限量" means "limited", however in terms of lego products it is usually translated from "exclusive")

3. The right lower white small text: "75192 UCS MF, 7500 pieces, 84cm x 56cm x 21cm, for age >16, ¥8499".

I believe this is real because I've never seen this MOC before. The style and fonts of this poster is also quite typical in Chinese Lego stores. Moreover, the Chinese text on the poster is actually "not that Chinese". In other words, the word choosing and the way it organizes the sentences is more common seen when translating foreign languages.(I believe it can only be told by a native Chinese speaker who also reads a lot of translated novels, but I am sure).

In terms of the price... the lego retail price in China is insane: ¥2299 for 70751 and 75060,¥3899 for 71040 and 75827,for example. So ¥8499 means that the US retail price should be $799.´ 

stluxSMCSeanTheCollectorspearos1RomanticWarrior
    edited August 2017
    @Matt89190 I agree of course, but I had to look, for "budget planning purposes" ;)
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    7BS said:
    @Matt89190 I agree of course, but I had to look, for "budget planning purposes" ;)
    Just tell me this: is it worth 650 quid?
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    stlux said:
    21x84x56cm if that picture is real. Same dimensions as #10179.
    Someone on reddit said it translated to:

Set more than 21cm high, 84cm long and 56cm wide

So we'll see. Although I'd rather have the extra pieces go towards an interior rather than making the overall set bigger...
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Lego usually offers a Spend $100, get a $20 set for free promo. So I trust they will be running a spend $1000 get a free UCS Tie fighter promo to tie in with the MF release right?... ...right?...
    Diggydoes
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    NavyAsk said:
    Great job putting that Star Destroyer in the corner... Guess I'll save my money for it.
    Haha thanks for making me laugh after this piece of disappointment xD
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    stlux said:
    21x84x56cm if that picture is real. Same dimensions as #10179.
    Someone on reddit said it translated to:

Set more than 21cm high, 84cm long and 56cm wide

So we'll see. Although I'd rather have the extra pieces go towards an interior rather than making the overall set bigger...
    Typical wording for a set. That just means it's less than 22cm x 85cm x 57cm.
    TyresOFlahertyA.Brickovsky
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    Looks like the pricing of LBG rigging is about to plummet
    It will probably remain exclusive (not on bricks and pieces), so while it will come down it will probably remain silly prices (just not really silly prices).
    omniumprevere
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    @binaryeye Well played, I think you're right. :) 
    To everybody who still holds on to the hope of there being an interior...just let go. Compare it to 10179 and it should be obvious. If it's not, get ready to get disappointed on September first, your disappointment will be 4.86x times bigger than now! (include partyhat)
    Rainstorm26Yee
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 824
    The dimensions are the same as #10179.

The leaked photo looks great too, I wonder if Lego will include some of them tan pieces to add a sand effect to represent the Falcon on Jakku.

As mentioned above, a segment of space port from Mos Eisley would be a nice addition. :-D
    Bartelas said:
    To everybody who still holds on to the hope of there being an interior...
    Let's get the definitions correct here. There WILL be an interior, but most likely not a display interior. That thing is going to fall apart if there is no interior.
    Bartelasmustang69YodaliciousM_BossJern92Muftak1MAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
    CCC said:
    Bartelas said:
    To everybody who still holds on to the hope of there being an interior...
    Let's get the definitions correct here. There WILL be an interior, but most likely not a display interior. That thing is going to fall apart if there is no interior.
    Jeah good one ^^
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 946

That looks incredible, and well worth a RRP of £650 if that's proved correct. 

I built a couple of Bricklinked #10179s and they were between £600-£650, so in that context it seems very reasonable for 7,500 parts.  The designer has struck the perfect balance in the level of greebling and visible studs; it's a classy looking heap of junk :-)

bandit778omnium
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    Ghendd said:
    Ok it's a chinese leak!

It's a shame really. LEGO almost did it, just about 1 week short: hyping a product as no other until release date without any leaks...

That reminds me - someday I should do a chart of some kind comparing the amount of reveals TLG's hyped up on social media and how often said reveals have been spoiled by leaks. Some day....
    CM4Somnium
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Leaked picture means Lepin will release their UCS MF in 3...2...1...
    SumoLegobandit778MynattM_BossYee
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 402
    Bartelas said:
    To everybody who still holds on to the hope of there being an interior...just let go. Compare it to 10179 and it should be obvious. If it's not, get ready to get disappointed on September first, your disappointment will be 4.86x times bigger than now! (include partyhat)
    /sheds tear
    Lordmoral
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,025
    That's a fantastic looking rendition and looks to significantly improve upon the 10179. But based on this pic alone, I'm honestly not sure it's enough for me to justify the £650 to my wife... even if I could raise half the funds I'd still feel a bit guilty about some of things we could do with, that would have to wait if I get this.
    I really hope there's a lot more to it, don't get me wrong, I want it, it's fabulous, probably about 75% of the way to totally awesome, but is that enough? I'll reserve final judgement until the official announcement, but right now I'm feeling slightly less excited.
    A.Brickovsky
    Ayliffe said:
    Ghendd said:
    Ok it's a chinese leak!

It's a shame really. LEGO almost did it, just about 1 week short: hyping a product as no other until release date without any leaks...

That reminds me - someday I should do a chart of some kind comparing the amount of reveals TLG's hyped up on social media and how often said reveals have been spoiled by leaks. Some day....
    I guess "spoil" is in the eye of the viewer. Plenty of leaks go ahead, get reported here and elsewhere and people just discuss what is coming regardless. Leaks don't seem to stay in the leaks thread any more.
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    I'm still pumped for the official announcement even though I've seen the leak.  Nothing says the leak is legit anyways.  Still could be a fake.  The piece count shows 7500 which we already know is not correct.  We'll know in 9 days...
    [Deleted User]
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    I just can't wait to see where the original shakes out in aftermarket value. It's likely to be a hard fall. =D
    FollowsCloselyprevere
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,085
    In terms of the price once you get to $600ish USD does it matter if it is $650/$700 or even $800?  I just cannot believe the day has come when we are talking about this pertaining to LEGO.

Of course, I remember when I first came out of my dark ages and looking at [email protected] and seeing these "buildings" selling for $149.99 and thinking to myself why would I spend that much money on THAT?  "THAT" being the Fire Brigade.

Oh how it changes...
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    It will be interesting to see how much it would cost to upgrade my 10179 to the new version by buying additional pieces.
    Mr_CrossBartelasbluedragon
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 516
    SumoLego said:
    pharmjod said:
    I just can't wait to see where the original shakes out in aftermarket value. It's likely to be a hard fall. =D
    A Harrison Ford-style hard fall!
    10179 will always be a special set.. aftermarket may drop.
    But it will rebound, it's a retired Lego Star Wars set. And collectors always want what they cannot buy easily. 

FollowsCloselySumoLegoPitfall69
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625

They've made the #10179 look like a first sketch model. Noticing a couple minor things that bug me such as the gap behind the cockpit area as it changes dicrection and the front four circles don't lol round enough. Nevertheless I'm on board, fingers crossed for a detailed interior.

Mr_Cross
  • AMuller396AMuller396 Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2017
    Mods Please delete if this is not allowed.

here is the comparison I quickly made

It will surely cost a lot to update the old 10179 to this model.

Image removed - CapnRex101

edited August 2017
    When are we expecting the "DON'T INVEST IN LEGO" headline articles to start appear? Along with the stories about investors that bought into the 10179 poster-boy set as an investment at £3000 / $3000 / 3000 goats as it was worth its weight in gold and guaranteed* to go up ...

*not guaranteed.

ShibpharmjodSumoLego
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 516
    edited August 2017
    ^^ Here is a link for a comparison from Reddit, as your image will get removed.

imgur.com/FhBw6pN.jpg

omniumsid3windr
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    Mods Please delete if this is not allowed.

here is the comparison I quickly made
    It's not allowed, as it's a leaked image of an unreleased set. Sorry! See here. @Huw @drdavewatford
  • Chuckles21Chuckles21 Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 19
    I'll wait to hold judgement until the official release, but initially I prefer the 10179. I think it looks better overall and like the less refined nature of the 10179. Personal opinion but it just doesn't look as cool to me. 
    BartelasMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    CCC said:
    When are we expecting the "DON'T INVEST IN LEGO" headline articles to start appear? Along with the stories about investors that bought into the 10179 poster-boy set as an investment at £3000 / $3000 / 3000 goats as it was worth its weight in gold and guaranteed* to go up ...

*not guaranteed.

Not soon enough :-P
  • TheBrickPalTheBrickPal USAMember Posts: 45
    edited August 2017
    Hah! Looks like it's definitely official now ;)
    I think you mean probably official!

This is probably ( ;-) ) the funniest thing I've seen in my years here.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    I like the Thor hammers used as detail near the front.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    I'll wait to hold judgement until the official release, but initially I prefer the 10179. I think it looks better overall and like the less refined nature of the 10179. Personal opinion but it just doesn't look as cool to me. 
    As another owner of 10179, I disagree. The back of #75192 is much a better representation of the real thing. Too bad the ugly boat rigging is used once again.
    bandit778Bartelas
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 402
    I wish there was some sort of minifigure confirmation today. I'm a sucker for good minifigures. 
    TyresOFlaherty
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    I've always had the light bluish grey boat riggings in my BrickLink wanted list and lately since the rumours have been floating around, I'm getting lots of emails every week of people uploading this part that was once over $500 for lower than $200. And now that I can see the real images of the new falcon WITH light bluish boat riggings I can only imagine the emails I'll be getting in the next couple weeks. It's almost like watching a stock plummet.
    FollowsCloselypharmjodYeeRomanticWarrior
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,302
    kbw said:
    I wish there was some sort of minifigure confirmation today. I'm a sucker for good minifigures. 
    I read the image claims 16 minifigures? That true?
  • TheBrickPalTheBrickPal USAMember Posts: 45
    kbw said:
    I read somewhere that there is sixteen.

So perhaps...
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • R2-D2 
    • C-3PO
    • Obi-Wan
    • Han Solo
    • Chewbacca 
    • Han Solo (old)
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • BB-8
    That leaves five more. Does anyone expect any villains to come out of this set? Maybe Kanjiklub or Guavian Death Gang? Vader? Stormtroopers (Imperial or First Order)? Maybe even Kylo? No clue...
    kbw
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,970
    I look forward to seeing a parts comparison against the old and new just to see what's different (especially for the six vents on the back as they look way better this time round).

I really like the look of the new version, it's a lot more refined and less gappy build than the original but for me personally, as much as I love it, it's still gonna be hard to justify the expenditure (and not just to myself I might add).

FollowsClosely said:                                                   

Too bad the ugly boat rigging is used once again.

Couldn't agree more, that was the one aspect of the original I didn't bricklink as it just didn't look right.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,751
    ^ 16 is the age, 16+ not the number of minifigures.
    TyresOFlaherty