Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2017 Winter Village set?

Comments

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,938
    Bah! I keep hoping the posts mean info on a new winter set!
    wardmLostInTranslation
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,029
    Yeah all these random posts don't help.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,425
    edited August 2017
    ^ and ^^, I know what you mean!

Although my response here only continues to add to the shattered hopes. Go figure. 

The Leaks thread seemed to have mentioned a winter modular log cabin in the creator series. Might be a good one to mod a bit. 
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 776
    edited August 2017
    So...

(Source is Reddit user u/pzh2000)

Image removed - CapnRex101
    Bumblepantsstluxbandit778wardm
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    Not bad, but my favourite part of that set is actually that bus!
    bandit778vizzitor
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 537
    dangit! now do I need to buy the train as well? (though I didn't plan on getting the train)
    Really like the looks of this set!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    I have removed the image just to be on the safe side. Usually I would have left it as there are no watermarks but the set is being officially revealed later today so not too long to wait.

Thank you for your understanding.
    LostInTranslationgmonkey76Adzbadboydavetheoxygenmansnowhitie
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 776
    I have removed the image just to be on the safe side. Usually I would have left it as there are no watermarks but the set is being officially revealed later today so not too long to wait.

Thank you for your understanding.
    You bet Capn

Seems this is the Tuesday reveal for this week, seeing as they can't really do much about the Falcon without revealing it, but that's for another, incredibly cluttered thread.
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 315
    Wait so what is this set then
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 537
    @mh3490 train station! it includes a vintage bus and (quite) small but good-looking station. 
    Interesting... Thanks @wardm any links to a pic 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    Just Google lego reddit and look for the user name. 

It's OK. Not my favourite. I'd prefer more shops or homes to go with the rest of the "village" proper. I'll be buying it though. 
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,335
    edited August 2017
    Oh boy oh boy ... oh boy oh boy oh boy. OH BOY. This looks amazing!

Edit: uh oh.. my Lego WV table-next-to-the-christmas-tree can only (barely?) fit a round track, no straights, hmmmm...
    @sid3windr Off to Ikea to get a bigger table!
    alexwilsid3windrToc13
    Well with all the leaks yesterday and today it does feel a lot like Christmas 
    stluxwardmsid3windrAdzbadboyCM4S
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 361
    mh3490 said:
    Interesting... Thanks @wardm any links to a pic 
    Pm'd you! 
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 362
    Took a quick peek on Reddit. Looks really nice; can't wait for the unveil with more pic's!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    I've missed the pictures, could someone help me out, thanks!
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 565
    edited August 2017
    @Adzbadboy look up "lego 2017 winter village set" on YouTube and then set the results to upload date to recent. Some small channels should pop up with the image.
    I'll wait for the press release before I express my detailed thoughts but I'm not pleased.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,388
    Ok, so I'll admit I was wrong, they're doing a WV Station. It looks reasonable, rather than amazing. The bus looks nice though.
  • blakusdkblakusdk PerthMember Posts: 35
    Looks average at best at first glance, will definitely consider but not too sure 
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 365
    I would have preferred something a little bit bigger but it does fit in with the theme so I am happy with it and will be getting it.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,029
    ^I suspect many will think this and will none the less purchase it.  Especially those who have been collecting every year since the beginning in order to maintain the completeness aspect.  But even if you havent, and perhaps just started in the past year or two you have the rereleased toy shop and a train and now the train station.  It's almost like "starting over".  Either way, I suspect this will be a hit.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Doesn't look substantial enough for me, I think I'll pass
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    mh3490 said:
    Well with all the leaks yesterday and today it does feel a lot like Christmas 
    Were there other leaks?
    @pharmjod There's that nice Leaks and more leaks thread elsewhere on the forum ;)
    pharmjod
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 124
    edited August 2017

Does not look great in my opinion,it will be easy to skip this one. The earlier models where clearly better I think,like the one with the old flatbed truck.

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,282
    That's a skipper. Not too impressive. $80 for that is kinda small
    ...but it's over 900 pieces!
    From looking at the leaked pic I'm starting to think I might buy two of them and mirror build one to extend the station. Though I will probably wait until I see the official pictures to make a decision.
    SumoLego
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Wow Lego have just announced it on twitter so I guess it wouldn't hurt putting photos up. I'm pleased. People need to remember this is a set that's aimed to be underneath Christmas trees and not meant for AFOLS 
    mustang69Adzbadboy
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 139

Must have, beautiful little set :)

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,902
    I think it looks quite nice and will definitely be picking one up. 

I'm more annoyed that I brought #60050 last year purely to give my passengers somewhere to stop in my Winter display and apart from #10254 I have no wish to proceed any further down the black hole of train collecting so I now have a station that has become a bit redundant. :(
    While not my favorite winter set, it does fit the theme and I will purchase. I see they are using the new scarf piece as well. 
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    edited August 2017
    Does anybody know where the full set image has been posted? I can only find these four smaller detail images.
    snowhitie
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 701
    Does anybody know where the full set image has been posted? I can only find these four smaller detail images.
    I suspect the full batch will be posted later, and these ones were posted early by mistake.
    bobabricks
    Given the nature of D2C set leaks being present the week of the press release, my guess is the announcement is this week.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    edited August 2017
    ^ Well CapnRex did say earlier that it was going to be announced today.... 

Still a bit underwhelmed by this one. Another couple of minifigs or a more substantial station would have made it appeal to me more

tallblocktoo
    That is what I get for trying to view on my small phone screen. That is not a new scarf piece at all. Bummer. After watching the review, I still agree with my initial view. It is not my favorite set winter set,  but I will buy. I like the look of the building with the clock tower on the side, and some of the printed pieces and it will help round out the look of the train. It is a no brainer set to do after the train. I had been rooting for an x-large ski chalet type set as a balance to the Friends sets that came out. 
    sid3windr
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 165
    Disappointing that that the new scarf piece is not included.  As others have pointed out, the main building is a bit spare.  It looks like a lot of the parts have gone into the construction of the bus.  I do think there are some interesting techniques.  I particularly like the chain link fence with the use of the microphone piece as finials on top of the posts.
    Overall I like it. Another reason for me to buy the train from last year! Hopefully the train will stay in stock long enough for me to actually get it before the holidays! 

I could easily see buying a second one at some point to expand it a bit more too.

Any idea on the release date for this? And any idea when the next double VIP points event will be? 
    SumoLego
    edited August 2017
    There's something for everyone in this set! An American-style bus, with Dutch-style (or similar) license plates, British-style road signs and a German (or other country) style post box!
    Switchfoot55mustang69Bumblepantsbandit778catwranglerlentilsnowhitie
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 139
    And Italian Coffee!
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    @Switchfoot55  Pretty sure this is the second set that will be available for VIPs starting Sept 14th (the first being the UCS set). Should be double VIP points in Oct some time just not sure of the exact dates yet.
    Switchfoot55

^Thanks. I thought that Sept 14th date would likely be It.

Do Lego Stores typically get last year's WV set in as well?

My mind is so full of questions as I'm still less than a year out of my dark ages.

mustang69
    edited August 2017
    Wow, I love the use of upside-down microphones for the top of the railing!

They've also used the new '1x1 round plate with bar' element in the coffee machine:

AyliffestluxBengh_ZeranMynattbandit778catwranglersnowhitie

Do Lego Stores typically get last year's WV set in as well?

Yes.
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 494
    @Switchfoot55  Its been in stock all year round at least in our local Lego store.