Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• Bengh_ZeranBengh_Zeran NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    I think the tan bricks are signifying the Taj Mahal, and the grey bricks the new Star Wars set.
    I don't think so (well, as a matter of fact I do ;-)

I would be LMAO and cry out in terror at the same time if this new MF is a re-hash of the old UCS one (except for the obvious new cockpit canopy pieces) and the designers just added a 1600+ piece 'closing Space Slug mouth' to go with it... 'Nooooooh (interior)...!!'

Here's hoping I'm dead wrong :O

(Mynocks, please give us some molded Mynocks! And an at least bit more substantial interior?! Here's hoping :-D )
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,315
    edited August 2017
    It doesn't look very official. They haven't even spelt "Millennium" correctly, even in German it has two n's.

It must be a Fake Falke.
    SumoLegoBengh_Zeran
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,584
    ^ I'll have Colombo look into it!  He'll crack the case.
    TyresOFlahertywaynlewissnowhitie
  • Bengh_ZeranBengh_Zeran NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    CCC said:
    It doesn't look very official. They haven't even spelt "Millennium" correctly, even in German it has two n's.

It must be a Fake Falke.
    Good observation! Besides, this day and age I don't believe TLG would record reservations on paper anymore.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,872
    it's the alderaan UCS.

look. see..

Johnyk668sid3windrOnebricktoomany
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,632

Some of you may be wondering why did they include the tan bricks in the teaser...

Bengh_ZeranstluxCM4SMuftak1MynattrichlOnebricktoomany
    edited August 2017
    Another clue ...?

CM4SM_BossYeeOnebricktoomanysnowhitie
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,328
    So 7643 wasn't that far off, cool!
    waynlewisomnium
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 295
    7.5K pieces. Wow.
    My next question: availability. How aggressively will this go unavailable at [email protected], and what do people think availability will be like at the Glasgow Lego store? The worst I've ever seen was Assembly Square, where they were being taken off the shelf about as fast as they were put up, but the way people talk about the Falcon makes me picture early morning queues...
    nwr122
    I've spoken to someone and turns out pre-orders are a thing and confirms the RRP £644.99.
    Adzbadboy said:
    I've spoken to someone and turns out pre-orders are a thing and confirms the RRP £644.99.
    Strange price, I wonder why not £649.99, as they could have gotten away with that.

[Deleted User]
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    edited August 2017
    Crzypengu said:
    Well that worries me if there will be pre-orders. Not sure If the US will do that though

Might be a Germany-only thing. I was asked if I had a preorder when I got Ninjago City from the Oberhausen Lego store last week.
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 295
    Adzbadboy said:
    @Adzbadboy Where and when can we pre-order?
    Also £650 is a pain (my plan was always 600 and I was keeping another 100 in reserve, but I was really hoping not to have to dip into that)
    Looks to be in store only, I found out from someone who was exhibiting at BrickLive, London after they posted a comment on my Facebook post.
    No preordering here in Minnesota.
    Yee
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    I will have to check my LEGO store by me. However I have to pay for new tires on my car first. Maybe I will call them when they open
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 448
    I'm really hoping the main page is correct and the price is going to be in the $600 to $700 range. Much easier to get that by the wife than $800 as that is a little too close to $1,000.
    Anyone know if this has a limited run? Maybe 40,000?
  • robertleylandrobertleyland CumbriaMember Posts: 18
    I noticed at work that I booked Thursday 14th Sept off work, and can't remember why. Now it seems this set is being released on 14th Sept, what a happy coincidence!

Then again I will wait to see if it has an interior before I rush out. I own the original UCS MF and if its just a rehash with some exterior additions (Hanger etc) I'm not interested.
    monkeyhanger
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,311
    Just phoned Watford who don't know anything about pre-orders, and assume that it'll be first come, first served.
    omnium
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    It's interesting to note that, of the top 10 biggest sets ever made, 7 of them were released this year or last year (not including this set):

Set        Year  Pcs      Title
    #10189 2008 x5922 Taj Mahal
    #10179 2007 x5197 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon
    #70620 2017 x4867 NINJAGO City
    #75827 2016 x4634 Firehouse Headquarters
    #10214 2010 x4287 Tower Bridge
    #10253 2016 x4163 Big Ben
    #71040 2016 x4080 Disney Castle
    #75159 2016 x4016 Death Star
    #10255 2017 x4002 Assembly Square
    #42055 2016 x3929 Bucket Wheel Excavator

But I also find it even stranger that the highest part count hasn't come even close to topped in almost 10 years. All other Sets since Taj have been over 1,000 parts smaller.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,075
    Bit disappointed by that teaser. Good to know the piece count, but can't help feeling they got last week's and this week's teasers mixed up.
    bobabricksCM4SFollowsCloselyMynattYeeGoldchainssnowhitie
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    There's no store local to me to try and pre-order from, so I'll have to pray [email protected] is working well!
    but it's not over 9000!!!!!!!!!!
    Lego_Lord_Mayorca
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    but it's not over 9000!!!!!!!!!!
    It's StarWars and $800, we're lucky it's over 6,000.
    SirBrickalotOfLegosteveomclTyresOFlahertygmonkey76
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    Regarding #10179, I've heard things about about pre-orders, certificates, etc, and since I came out of my dark ages after that first UCS Falcon came out, I'm wondering how things went back then? Did you get the certificate if you purchased online/in store/both? Was it incredibly difficult to get #10179 when it first came out?
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    Everybody is hyped now and it will probably sell very well in the first few days, but you can't tell me they haven't calculated the possible sales on this one and how many they need to have in stock during holiday season. So yes, maybe it's sold out in the first week or 2, but I wouldn't be suprised if they have a good inventory after that. 

The pricetag is also something not many people can or are willing to pay. 
    TyresOFlaherty
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 775
    With regards to pre orders. What happens if you pre order what you assume is a USC Falcon and it turns out to be something else? 
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    ^..would be a pretty crappy store that would let you order something they know they don't sell...
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,075
    It's only a pre-order, unless you've been asked to put a deposit down there's no obligation to buy it... yes, you're extremely disappointed, and thinking about getting a new hobby, but you aren't out of pocket.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 814
    edited August 2017
    CM4S said:
    Hello there!

Spent a few seconds wondering what "IGIGI" meant before realizing what you were trying to draw attention to. :P
    TyresOFlahertyCM4Ssid3windr
  • Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117
    Regarding #10179, I've heard things about about pre-orders, certificates, etc, and since I came out of my dark ages after that first UCS Falcon came out, I'm wondering how things went back then? Did you get the certificate if you purchased online/in store/both? Was it incredibly difficult to get #10179 when it first came out?
    If I recall correctly the original was on pre order for a few months before it came out, 6 months I think (though I'm happy to be corrected). I ordered online and mine contained a certificate, of which there were 10,000. Again I don't think there were any supply issues.

dmcc0 said:
    With regards to pre orders. What happens if you pre order what you assume is a USC Falcon and it turns out to be something else? 
    Given Lego will only properly announce it on 1st Sep and it's a D2C I'd be very surprised if anyone is able to pre order before we know what it is. It'll probably follow the normal formula i.e. Available to VIPs mid September, then on general sale from the start of October. 
    TyresOFlaherty
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,311
    When we say 'available to VIPs' in mid-Sept, is that online only, or in store too?  I'm wary of online orders as I'm really picky about the condition of the box.  Or if I want to buy in store, do I have to wait until October?

Ta!
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Lyichir said:
    Spent a few seconds wondering what "IGIGI" meant before realizing what you were trying to draw attention to. :P
    I know what this is supposed to be, but all I can think of is Stonehenge in Spinal Tap. It fits with the pile of gray bricks, right?
    TyresOFlahertycatwrangler
  • Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2017
    When we say 'available to VIPs' in mid-Sept, is that online only, or in store too?  I'm wary of online orders as I'm really picky about the condition of the box.  Or if I want to buy in store, do I have to wait until October?

Ta!
    This was on the bottom of the Ninjago City email, which is currently available to VIP members (goes on general sale 1st Sep)

"*Offer details: Valid 16th - 31st August 2017, or while supplies last. Offer applies to item 70620 only. A limit of three 70620 sets per household applies. VIP Program membership required. See VIP.LEGO.com or enquire in a LEGO® Store for details of free membership. At a LEGO Store, the offer applies only to current LEGO VIP members upon presentation of a LEGO VIP Program membership card to a store associate, or to newly joining LEGO VIP members who enrol at the time of purchase. Members must be signed in with their LEGO ID to purchase this set. Newly joining customers to the VIP Program via shop.LEGO.com incur a short delay accessing the product pages on shop.LEGO.com. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Points will not be earned on any applicable taxes or shipping charges. Valid through phone orders, on shop.LEGO.com and at LEGO Stores. Offer not valid at the LEGO Store at Disneytown Shanghai, shop.LEGO.com South Korea, LEGOLAND® Discovery Centres, LEGOLAND Parks, LEGO Certified Stores and Mobile Retail locations. The LEGO Group reserves the right to amend or cancel this promotion at any time without prior notice"

So yeah looks like online, phone and in store.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 801

Ta!

Funny, but I'm the other way round​! Every order I've had from​ [email protected] has arrived in mint condition. More orders than not direct from an official Lego store have had some minor scuffs on the box.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,887
    Not trying to jump ahead here, but I'm going to jump ahead here anyways. We will see a 10k set before 2030.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 957

A set of this size (and value!) is bound to have a substantial shipping carton, so I'd be very surprised if they don't arrive in mint condition. 

I've ordered a lot of sets from LEGO direct in the last 6 years, and only one was damaged... and that was from two outer plastic straps being applied too tightly which resulted in some annoying indents in my #10221!

7,541 parts, and hopefully not a spring-loaded shooter in sight... I can't wait!

Yee
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,098
    ^agreed. I think the sheer size of this will require additional and very different packaging. The only difficult piece to account for is how FedEx (in the US) handles the package.
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 101
    prevere said:
    Not trying to jump ahead here, but I'm going to jump ahead here anyways. We will see a 10k set before 2030.
    10,000 pieces or £10,000? ;)
    sid3windrM_BossTyresOFlahertyPaperballparkbobabricksMaffyD
  • YeeYee USAMember Posts: 18
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully USA gets preorders, I'm driving 2 hours to the Minnesota Lego store. I know that Ninjago City is sold online but is it still in at stores? I plan on getting there as soon as the doors open (it's in a mall so I don't think they let lines in early) so I should be fine I hope. Its quite the drive to go home empty handed but it's better than [email protected] and I don't want another Saturn V situation. 
    Hah! Looks like it's definitely official now ;)
    Hahahaha, love it! @Huw
    madforLEGObobabricksstluxgmonkey76GoldchainsSeanTheCollectorTheBrickPal
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 408
    edited August 2017
    Yikes, 7,000 pieces?

I could do 700 pieces an hour when speedbuilding, but that doesn't savor the build experience.  250-300 pieces/hr would probably be my goal for this which makes it at least a 23-28 hour build, not including sorting.  Probably a lot longer than that.

Looks like my entire apartment may have Lego scattered throughout for a couple weeks.
    Yee
    so the official set name is "Probably the Millennium Falcon"?
    yep works for me. :p
    CM4Sgmonkey76GoldchainsYeeSumoLegoMr_CrosscatwranglerTheBrickPal
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    PapaBear said:
    Yikes, 7,000 pieces?

I could do 700 pieces an hour when speedbuilding, but that doesn't savor the build experience.  250-300 pieces/hr would probably be my goal for this which makes it at least a 23-28 hour build, not including sorting.  Probably a lot longer than that.

Looks like my entire apartment may have Lego scattered throughout for a couple weeks.

You mean having Lego scattered about the house isn't the norm?
    gmonkey76M_BossMr_CrossCalv
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,098
    ^with a two year old and a newborn EVERYTHING is scattered about the house right now.  Lego is the only thing I keep organized and in the lego room.
    prevereGoldchainsoldtodd33A.Brickovsky
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,386
    I first read it was 1.619 times bigger than the taj mahal, as previous teasers were worded this way I think. 9588 pieces. now that would have been epic
    C0chisebobabricks