Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 216
    Kerre said:

The plan is to make the set appear together with some Ninjago sets we already own - Temple of Airjitzu, city of Stiix, #70738 Destiny's bounty for instance. Ninjago City is still built on a 32 stud base plate like modulars so not that big compared to those. It's far more dense though.

Excellent! So using the inherent ninja-osity of the sets to camouflage the new addition.
    OnebricktoomanySumoLegoKerre
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 872
    . Ninjago City is still built on a 32 stud base plate like modulars so not that big compared to those. 
    Be prepared to be surprised!
    SumoLegoAanchirSalamalexYodaliciousCaptainLegoJern92gmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,724
    sid3windr said:
    ...shakes them, yells "it's LEGO!" and puts them on the floor for me...
    My lovely bride doesn't even bother anymore.  "You have a box outside, and guess what it is?" is the best answer I get nowadays.
    SprinkleOtterYodaliciousstlux
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,784
    I'm heading to the San Francisco LEGO store tomorrow for their one year anniversary celebration.
    stlux said:
    ...reception sees it's a box for me, they don't even need to shake it to know it's Lego...
    Yeah, historically, my staff opens the box and decorates my office with the contents...
    stluxSprinkleOtterKerresid3windrOnebricktoomanytallblocktoocatwrangler
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    This...

bandit778SumoLegostluxSprinkleOttermessyLego_Starricecake
    Clearing out all non-LEGO collection stuff as a concession to my over-abundance of LEGO.

(Farewell Buzz Lightyear, 2010 Star Wars flashback figures, Austin Powers talking figures...)
    FowlerBricksYodaliciouspiratemania7catwrangler
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,588
    messy said:
    Been spending a few days sorting out the study, I've just moved some boxes and found I have managed to acquire two #75154 , I only remember getting one! I should probably be a bit tidier ;-)

Well, you can never have too many Ties.
    messyOnebricktoomanySumoLegovizzitorHanzoYodalicious
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904
    messy said:
    Been spending a few days sorting out the study, I've just moved some boxes and found I have managed to acquire two #75154 , I only remember getting one! I should probably be a bit tidier ;-)

Should have enough parts there to make a quite tidy TIe Bomber with those two. :)
    messyOnebricktoomanyLegoboySprinkleOtter
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 383

This is the first set I have ever gotten off BL. Surprisingly, it came unassembled. 
    SumoLegoFowlerBrickscatwrangler
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 448
    stuck in a waiting loop until september, those teasers from lego...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,029
    Strange observation of the day:

Sitting and admiring the box that the ninjago city box is in; I can't even get myself to open that, it's not like I won't one day to build but at this very moment. But then I think to myself - if my daughter looked at me and asked if we could open it and build it I would tear the seals in a second.

The things we do for our kids. 
    khmellymelsid3windrLEGO_Dad77catwrangler
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,230
    My computer issues are fixed....sort of, so things are getting back to normal. Having to pull out all stops to get my entries for the Brickset Brickheadz competition, thanks to the laptop issues, I may have to abandon a physical entry & just submit rendered models only (hopefully I'll get them all done, haven't tested POV-RAY yet). Just glad I managed to win two eBay auctions netting me both the 2017 SDCC Lego Marvel items, never again will I use the eBay app, that silly program cost me more auctions than I care to count, next time I will stick to bidding from a computer. So what interesting developments in the world of Lego did I miss?
    xiahna
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    VorpalRyu said:
    My computer issues are fixed....sort of, so things are getting back to normal. Having to pull out all stops to get my entries for the Brickset Brickheadz competition, thanks to the laptop issues, I may have to abandon a physical entry & just submit rendered models only (hopefully I'll get them all done, haven't tested POV-RAY yet). Just glad I managed to win two eBay auctions netting me both the 2017 SDCC Lego Marvel items, never again will I use the eBay app, that silly program cost me more auctions than I care to count, next time I will stick to bidding from a computer. So what interesting developments in the world of Lego did I miss?
    UCS Falcon was "confirmed" again.*

*Maybe.**

**Kinda***

***Probably not****

****We wish, all right?
    VorpalRyuFowlerBricks
    * A large box and hefty instruction booklet were confirmed.
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyu
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    Saw cousins within the past week. Despite LEGO being a creative toy, I was worried that it was uncreative to keep giving similar gifts, but it goes over really well, and a larger collection can be proportionally more useful.

@snowhitie I put Fun in the Park with other park models; your Beach display reminded me of that. I plan to do the same when Beach goes on sale. I have some in my KFOL collection including Island Xtreme Stunts. Paradisa comes to mind for even older LEGO. Recently there's been US promo #5004932, Friends Summer, CMF S17 Surfer.
    Those packs are expensive and CMF's even more so, but we still buy some anyway. It's like buying figs separately from a set, with multiples easier to find, useful for army builders.

I got an idea of the volume of a gripseal bag, about surface area * 0.6. A 30-day supply pill jar* holds about as much as 2x3 (5.08x7.62cm) bag, likewise for 90-day* and 3x5 (7.5x12.5cm).

*1.25in/3.2cm diameter, 3in/7.7cm height, 3.68in^3/61.9cm^3
    **1.875in/4.7cm diameter, 3.375in/8.6cm height, 9.31in^3/149.13cm^3
    snowhitie
    Does this count?

SumoLegostluxFowlerBrickscatwranglersnowhitie
    Ride the Puma!
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    Wegmans (regional supermarket chain) had some sets 20% off to be marked down further today - they only went to 30%. Many I would've considered at 40% and definitively bought at a steeper discount. I did see a few dozen S17 bags at full price and found a Rocket Boy. I did too well at WalMart.

SumoLego said:
    Clearing out all non-LEGO collection stuff as a concession to my over-abundance of LEGO.

(Farewell Buzz Lightyear, 2010 Star Wars flashback figures, Austin Powers talking figures...)
    I've done cleaning to make more room for LEGO but I haven't sold off other collections. In fact I've expanded my coin and currency collection now that I have money for that too, but that doesn't take up much space.

SumoLego
    ^ Well, if you want to start a 'vintage' Buzz Lightyear collection - I know a guy selling off his stuff...
    sid3windrYodalicious
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    One of my friends posted this pic from viewing today's eclipse in the US. Not for collectors who are faint of heart, but it appears to have worked well as a pinhole viewer. 
    YodaliciousFowlerBrickstomahawkerSumoLegocatwranglerLegoboyricecakesnowhitie
    Making a character poster for Star-Lord!

Let me know what you think.
    catwranglerSirBrickalotOfLegosnowhitie
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Nice! I like the glowing eyes and rocket booster effects you added!

Meanwhile, I've got Prime again. I got it for the streaming, but I won't deny that it's just made Lego a lot more affordable too...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    stlux said: nice
    SumoLego said:
    sid3windr said:
    ...shakes them, yells "it's LEGO!" and puts them on the floor for me...
    My lovely bride doesn't even bother anymore.  "You have a box outside, and guess what it is?" is the best answer I get nowadays.
    As [email protected] deliveries here are made by DHL, I get them sent to the office as it's just easier.
    When reception sees it's a box for me, they don't even need to shake it to know it's Lego. I just get an email "Your Lego has arrived!" or "Lego Lego Lego!"...
    You need to point them to the fair play pages to remind them it is "Your LEGO® sets have arrived".
    stluxsid3windr
    ^ Krennic's Yoga Ball of Destruction?!?!
    piratemania7
  • kaelthaskaelthas MalaysiaMember Posts: 6
    Hi my current status is  reviewing my LEGO sets, do visit my blog and leave some comments and thoughts, enjoy!

https://mylegoarchive.blogspot.com/
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 637
    @kaelthas only had a very quick look but they look very nice reviews. Will be sure to check back later when I have more time.
  • kaelthaskaelthas MalaysiaMember Posts: 6
    @All_That_Rocks thanks for the compliment. I'll definitely do more reviews in the future. Do follow my blog and check out my reviews! 
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 670
    Saw a Lepin Set for sale locally on Gumtree this morning for the first time.  Advertised as "Lepin Lego Shield Helicarrier" and priced at £30.  Description stated that the parts may not all be there and there were no instructions.  I felt a little sick
    SirBrickalotOfLego
    Finally caught up on putting my Lego ebooks into my collection on Brickset, and removing a lot of sets from my wants list. Trying to narrow my focus a bit...
    Bumblepants
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,211
    Back from an 11hr roundtrip to Legoland (and we only live 20 minutes from Windsor) Got loads of cool polybags to reduce my BS wanted list and went on lots of rides. Being grey and overcast this morning meant there were minimal queues on what we wanted to go on until lunchtime when it got busier.

Gave this officer a biker friend: 

catwranglersid3windrgmonkey76LEGO_Dad77
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 872
    Currently trying to figure out how to get a hold of a few hundred trans 2x1 bricks by tomorrow, as well as finish 2 builds by tomorrow night and sort online ticketing for Glesga Bricks. Then there is a small matter of work(both of them) family and sleep.

At least it should be a fun weekend at awesome bricks, if I can stay awake!
    Salamalex
    Into space with a mini Hammerhead Corvette. Pictures here: http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/7617/what-are-you-building-right-now#latest
    Finished watching The Lego Batman Movie and loved it! Now wondering if I have the energy to dust some sets in preparation for melding them together...
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    Very serious face there in young Miss Speedman @Speedman29. Can't tell if it's deep concentration or bafflement at how much money grown ups pay for Lego!! 
    Speedman29
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    '21030 - Old Fishing Store' Signing

stluxMegtheCatsnowhitieGothamConstructionCoomniumtallblocktoo
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,211
    bookmum said:
    Very serious face there in young Miss Speedman @Speedman29. Can't tell if it's deep concentration or bafflement at how much money grown ups pay for Lego!! 
    She was in full on playing mode. Her first visit to Leicester Square and she loved it.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    There nothing amazing but here's my brickheadz entries! Had hoped to do more but a bricklink order is going in circles!

BumblepantsYodaliciousJennivizzitorFowlerBricksSirBrickalotOfLegotallblocktoocatwranglermadejp86
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Going back and forth between "Too much LEGO; no space to display sets; no space to store unopened sets" and "where is the 20% on the City Jungle, TLNM and Thor/JL sets?!".