Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie sets

Comments

• WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 73
    I enjoyed a lovely stroll this evening through your Japanese temple and garden area, @Roobot!! I picked up some interesting veggies for dinner from a street cart then enjoyed a steaming cup of green tea while I watched the world go by. There were some colourful characters around; everyone was just doing their thing. I did notice that almost every person paused, at least momentarily, to admire the view across the pond of the two bridges.
    FowlerBricksRoobot
  • RoobotRoobot USAMember Posts: 24
    wardm said:
    @Roobot does the other side of the bridge go into the airjitzu temple?
    Yes, it does.  The height lines up almost perfectly, though I had significantly modified the Airjitzu base when I made the full 360 degree version.
    wardm
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    The US store calendar mentions VIP early access to a set widely assumed to be #70620 but has anything been confirmed about early access to #70620 for VIP members in Europe?

The European "summer" calendar doesn't mention anything about VIP access and the LEGO store clerk in Copenhagen I spoke last week didn't have any info either other than he assumed it would be available in Europe as well but he didn't have a date. 
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 941
    Which CMF figures are being having a hard time finding?

I bought 25 random packs from a picked through box (found 10 dupes) and the Garmadons were no where to be found.
    I just bought 10 random packs and got 2 Garmadon and 2 Volcano Garmadon.

I take it that just as the TLBM these have the same distribution? (3 of ea. per box)
    SumoLego
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,448
    ^ Indeed, 3 full sets per box.
    JooTogSumoLego
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Got several duplicates and even a triplicate recently.  Sigh, I'd rather just order the set online than be 36 years old standing in Walmart groping blind bags.

#ihateblindbags
    #excusetherant
    SumoLegogmonkey76lentilRoobotThoughtsonblockssnowhitie77ncaachamps
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,561
    ^ & ^^ or a 41 year old in the LEGO Store where everybody knows your name.
    dannyrwwHanzodavetheoxygenmanMooreFXLEGO_Dad77snowhitie77ncaachamps
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    SumoLego said:
    Hanzo said:
    ...than be 36 years old standing in Walmart groping...
    Could be worse, you could be the 38 year-old standing in TRU...
    I feel like you're talking directly to me. 
    HanzoSumoLego77ncaachamps
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,873
    edited August 2017
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^ & ^^ or a 41 year old in the LEGO Store where everybody knows your name.
    Norm!
    I feel like you're talking directly to me. 
    Well, I'm the only one here.  (Not really, but I'm not allowed to post a clever meme.)
    gmonkey76sid3windrLEGO_Dad77catwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,319
    Nice video! I had somehow completely missed from previous pictures of the set that there's actually a bathroom. Don't see many of those outside Friends sets :)
    sid3windr
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 583
    I wonder if this ends up selling really well if they would consider branching out and adding another one of these to continue the modular atmosphere.

That is so cool that the one designer included a figure of his son. Really cool little detail. 
    catwrangler
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,111
    Does anyone know if the ninjago city is the early release set next week? I seem to recall seeing that somewhere but can't find it now.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,342
    Does anyone know if the ninjago city is the early release set next week? I seem to recall seeing that somewhere but can't find it now.
    Yes!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 941
    Got this on the mail today.

• JRLJRL UKMember Posts: 86
    Are Lego doing double VIP points on TLNM sets does anyone know?
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    JRL said:
    l went yesterday and the boat and the bridge set were both double points
    JRL
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Also the Green Dragon #70612
    JRL
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 385
    @piratemania7 @JooTog it now says it will be available for vips from 16th August on product page at [email protected], under product details. 
    https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/NINJAGO-City-70620
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 787
    JRL said:
    Only on NINJAGO City Chase, Master Falls, The Green Ninja Mech Dragon, Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, and Destiny's Bounty.
    JRL
    Thanks all, oh how annoying, I bought the Bounty last weekend and didn't get double points. One of those things I guess. Thanks!
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    Hanzo said:
    So, all I wanted was the sushi chef.  We were in target shopping and asked the wife to pick the blind bag since the only luck I have is bad luck.  No groping the bags she grabs one and we check out.  

Open it in the car and it's the freaking sushi chef.  I'm pretty sure she's a witch.  Please advise. 

#coolstorybro
    Wear lead-lined underpants...
    Received my set of CMFs from @MinifiguresPlus today, which is great since so far I have not come across any in stores. I haven't seen any of the new sets, TLNM or otherwise, in stores either.
    Yup. Cannot wait. Exciting.
    stluxInfinitymanFowlerBricks
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,105
    @JRL
    I think the current double point's on Ninjago Movie sets is US only, not Europe.
    JRLsid3windr
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    MegtheCat said:
    Received my set of CMFs from @MinifiguresPlus today, which is great since so far I have not come across any in stores. I haven't seen any of the new sets, TLNM or otherwise, in stores either.
    Checked out that site.  I am having trouble wrapping my head around this, so for $85 dollars shipped I get the whole set, all 20.  Retail would be $80 (assuming you're a master groper and get no dupes).  That seems like an absolute steal, this aren't knock offs or anything?
    edited August 2017
    ^ 100% authentic.  I presume @MinifiguresPlus gets them at the wholesale price - thus why they are offered at retail pricing.  They need to be competitive, otherwise nobody would buy them.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Yea it's a no brainer to buy from them IMO
    SumoLegogmonkey76BumblepantsHanzo
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,448
    bandit778 said:
    @JRL
    I think the current double point's on Ninjago Movie sets is US only, not Europe.
    Darn it, indeed, no double points when I add to the basket here. Shame!
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 919
    From the designer video, it looks like the Ninjago City had many more features than what is shown in the press release!
    @Hanzo Actually the pre-order price was a bit lower than $85 so it was an even better deal. Usually they post the pre-order sales info on the forum about a month or two before the release. They offer a discount to Brickset members.
    Hanzo
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Brothers Brick has clarified those details regarding the Brick Separator, certainly a missed opportunity...

"The one in the poster is definitely dark grey in our copy, but sadly the real one in the set is standard orange." - Brothers Brick
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,674
    Johnyk668 said:
    I haven't purchase any Ninjago sets to date but the movie sets look great so I had to buy a few. 
    After seeing the photos of #70608 in various reviews I thought it would make a good base to build on as LEGO had done most of the work, 2x sets later and a couple of extra parts I'm happy with the result and I wanted to keep the overall look of the original set. 
    Now to see if I can somehow incorporate Lloyds dragon #70612 into the scene to help even out the fight. 

That is so cool!!
    Bumblepantsbandit778Johnyk668M_BossGoldchains
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 455
    With Ninjago City being released on the 16th to VIPs, I now get to wrestle with my desire for instant gratification over my want of double VIP points come October. Though if I wait I run the risk of it not being available when double points is available.
    tamamahm
    ^I think it comes out with double VIP points.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 606
    Got Destiny's Bounty yesterday with double VIP points and since the only set they had in stock had a mangled box I got 500 extra.  Will help make the UCS Falcon a little less painful...

But they forgot to give me the caveman promo!  Lego Customer service hooked me up though.
    Gutted no double TLNM VIP points in Europe. Want to pick up the Ninjago City tomorrow, will just have to put up with the inevitable double points being announced shortly after I buy it!
    Mixed messages from Lego concerning my inquiries about early access to Ninjago City for VIP members in the Benelux.

- LEGO CS seems to be confused. The e-mail I received from CS claims early access for US, Canada, Germany, UK and Denmark only but are unsure about last-minute additions of other countries. The mail also mentions it's the VIP and Shop teams that ultimately decide who gets VIP early access. 

- The LEGO Wijnegem staff member I spoke on the phone yesterday was clear and positive: Available to VIP members starting Wednesday.

Your typical multinational company's communication it seems. Will be interesting to see if #70620 is indeed available on [email protected] tomorrow morning. 
    Curious to see if tonight Ninjago City comes up as double VIP points.  I have about $100 to use, so might break some of the difficulty in buying a $300 set, but on the flip side I'll get another $20 or so for a future purchase after.  
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,889
    Why is Ninjago City tagged with "Fabuland" in the Brickset database?
    SumoLego
    edited August 2017
    Just noticed [email protected] is flogging TLNM sets in package deals now:

I might bite when double/triple VIP points are on offer. 

Edit: Already known, see UK [email protected] thread.
  • ZcuapanyZcuapany KrakówMember Posts: 2
    First time I see these Ninja Go: Oh, the last Ninja from Lego I remember is Lego Shogun (I think). Pretty good these sets, they have a lot of blocks
    LyichirAanchirLEGO_Dad77
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 840
    One of the stickered trading cards in the comic book shop is a Fabuland character card.
    AanchirAstrobricksSumoLegobandit778
    Lyichir said:
    One of the stickered trading cards in the comic book shop is a Fabuland character card.
    Then it better be tagged with 'Galidor', that's for d*mn sure!
    BumblepantsAanchirLyichir
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    edited August 2017
    I got Ninjago City Chase today. If there's one set from this theme I definitely recommend, it's that one.

I very slightly modded the rickshaw to fit with City stuff.

Also, in addition to five minifigures in a $20 set, four of those five minifigures have rather versatile torsos. I also ended up using this guy's head for my third crime boss minifigure: 

LEGO_Dad77gmonkey76Johnyk668SirBrickalotOfLegocatwranglersid3windr
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    New sticker sheet came in my latest order.
    FowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    Also, its looking like Ninjago City is NOT getting double VIP points.