Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Target: Clearance 5974 Galactic Enforcer 50-75% off

TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
edited May 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
May want to check your local Target's clearance shelves, my local store has set 5974 for 50% off...I bought two but they still have some left at that price ($50).

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    It's still only 30% off at the Target stores in my area, which is not quite enough to induce me to buy it yet. Hopefully there will still be some around when they hit the 50% off level
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    edited April 2011
    Rocao, Target on Sunrise across from Sunrise mall had about 8 at 50% when I was there on Saturday. I intended to go back yesterday morning, but will have to hit it up later this morning. They also had some of the Toy Story 3 sets on clearance, only 30%, though.
    ^ Thanks for the heads up. I was there Friday and that Citrus Heights one is usually the slowest to discount so I didn't bother checking over the weekend since the Rancho Cordova one was still at 30%. Did you get one? Why didn't you tell me at the meeting? :p
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Anyone had any luck in the St. Louis area? I haven't found any on the Illinois side of the River. Would like to pick up one or two as I traded the one I had.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    FOUND THEM! South County Target (St. Louis, MO) off interstate 55 had 6 at $50. Now they have 3 at $50 :).
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 164
    Man, I really hope the one I've been checking has them left this weekend. prob won't though because there were only 2 and it's like an hour away :( Is there a particular day that target revises the prices? Last saturday they were still only at 30% off.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Member Posts: 90
    I'll have to check my local Target as well - if it's down to 50 - that's just tasty!
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    I was just at a Target in Setauket, NY tonight - still $70...
    I was watching 3 for about 3 weeks.... only ever got to 70 and 2 were bought. I figured I better just buy the last one for 70 if I wanted it or it would be gone next time. I really hope SOME day I get a good deal like some people on here have gotten. This particular target takes FOREVER to reduce their stuff.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 36
    Check on Thursday, most stores do the toy section on the Wednesday night shift. And even if the sticker says 30% off ( upper right corner of the red sticker, small print "30") scan it it might come up 50% off and they have to take the scan prince at the register.
    Yeah, I kept scanning it every time I was there. I've seen that happen before where the sticker wasn't matching the scanned price. This was just a matter of deciding to get it before it was gone. I figured saving $30 was better than not getting it at all (had I tried to wait it out then missed it.) Especially true for me,because the target is an hour away and I can only go once a week.
    Yeah, bummer about no 50% for you Paul, but that does coincide with the stores independently adjusting their clearance sales. Visited my Target again and we still have a few for 55. If anyone really wants one for a lower price I'd be willing to swing by and snag one if they are still around and even with shipping it would probably be cheaper then the 30% mark.
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    My local store is now out of them. Checked today hoping to snag another one... :-(
  • TomatorTomator Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for posting this. I just picked up 2 for 75% off ($25!!). They really want to get rid of this set.
    Wow, they marked em down to 75% off? Haha. I should swing by Target and see if there's any still there <.<
    I picked up what I believe to be the last 5974 in Sacramento Targets for 75% off tonight. If I wouldn't have been so jumpy and bought 4 at 50% off level, more might have survived, but when I saw a local store go from 12 to 7 at the start of 50% off, I didn't want to risk it.
    Checked three Target stores in the general area today, no luck on finding any more of these. The Green Bay TRU had 5973 on clearance, for $39 instead of the $49 MSRP. It really didn't appeal to me so I left it on the shelf and went for some new releases instead. :-p
  • nexhexnexhex Member Posts: 11
    Today, I found 4 of these sitting on a shelf in their normal place....instead of on the clearance end-cap. They had the 50% sales sticker on it and I did a price check and they rang up at the 75% off price. I think they survived cause they were kinda hidden amongst the other LEGO.

I only snagged 2.....should I go grab the other 2?
    ^ Depends on your situation, of course, but I have a personal policy of never leaving any 75% off LEGO on the shelves :p
    Yeah, for 75% off you can't go wrong no matter what set it is...
  • SenatortombstoneSenatortombstone Member Posts: 8
    Target can be strange in general with their clearancing policies. Back in December/January, I found three 7639 campers at 75% off which is $4.24 each. Having previously paid full price, but loving this set, I purchased all three. Sure enough, a month later, they were out on the shelf again at full price - go figure! What bummed me out though is that several Targets reduced the City Corner 7641 to $14.99 from $59.99, but all I saw of this was the sticker and was not able to purchase one at that price. Now they too are in stock at the $59.99 price. I purchased the 5974 Galactic Enforcer for $65.00 on the Black Friday - Day after Thanksgiving - sale. I enjoyed putting it together, but I would only re-purchase it for 75% off. I saw several at my local Target for $50.00, over a week ago. I will look again, but if I do not find one, it is no big deal. Keep an eye out for the rare set that might have survived 75%, and has been reduced to %90..........
  • SenatortombstoneSenatortombstone Member Posts: 8
    I should also mention that several Targets have been clearancing the Toy Story 3 sets.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 768
    Yep. Picked up Lotso's Dump Truck for 50% off at $10 and got a $10 gift card for buying baby formula so the set cost me .84!
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    ^you are the sales master bmwlego! I remember you telling me you got the Dwarves Mine like for $6.00 bucks(??!!!) sometime back.
    I must be more vigilant. Actually I did take advantage of some online Target sales and got a couple of kits 35% to 50% off though.