Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2017 Winter Village set?

Comments

• ifluxiflux GermanyMember Posts: 7
    do someone know if it leaked last year or was it something official?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,418
    iflux said:
    Hi.
    Are there any new informations right now?

Found this on Facebook:

Good morning all, I was in Lego again at weekend and the staff told me they think it's a Christmas train station this year. What do you think? Is it a good addition? Have you heard any other rumours?

https://de-de.facebook.com/LegoWinterVillage/

And somebody found this on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/162270977304

Sorry to burst your bubble, but what store staff think is irrelevant. If they'd sidled up to you and whispered that they'd seen on their system that it's a train station, then that would be different.

Personally, I think it'll be a Winter Village Sewage Works, but that doesn't mean it is ;)

I'd be surprised if it was a train station. Why would you buy it if you don't own the train? What happens next year when the train is discontinued and there's another set in its place? Would people buy the train station without a train? Very unlikely. Therefore it probably won't be a train station.

Oh and the ebay link is a moc, not a set. Not relevant at all. I did a moc of a Winter Village Sewage Works. If I put it for sale on ebay, will someone find it and assume that's what the Winter Village set will be? No of course not.

;)
    stluxCM4Siflux
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 392
    August 6th last year is when we got the first look at the winter holiday train #10254. Hoping the schedule is the same this year we only have a week or so to wait.
    tamamahm
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 921
    ^^ trans brown plates would be useful.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,682
    On the other hand if they are ever going to do a train station, now is the time,
    iflux
    iflux said:
    Hi.
    Are there any new informations right now?

Found this on Facebook:

Good morning all, I was in Lego again at weekend and the staff told me they think it's a Christmas train station this year. What do you think? Is it a good addition? Have you heard any other rumours?

https://de-de.facebook.com/LegoWinterVillage/

And somebody found this on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/162270977304

Sorry to burst your bubble, but what store staff think is irrelevant. If they'd sidled up to you and whispered that they'd seen on their system that it's a train station, then that would be different.

Personally, I think it'll be a Winter Village Sewage Works, but that doesn't mean it is ;)

I'd be surprised if it was a train station. Why would you buy it if you don't own the train? What happens next year when the train is discontinued and there's another set in its place? Would people buy the train station without a train? Very unlikely. Therefore it probably won't be a train station.

Oh and the ebay link is a moc, not a set. Not relevant at all. I did a moc of a Winter Village Sewage Works. If I put it for sale on ebay, will someone find it and assume that's what the Winter Village set will be? No of course not.

;)
    great answer. thanks:-)
    by the way, it wasn't my bubble, just the infos i found:) actually, i haven't a bubble. sewage would fine.
    i think your theory about the trainstation makes a lot sense.
    Of course, now I've written that, LEGO will probably announce a Winter Village Train Station tomorrow...
    CM4SMynattifluxwardmMAGNINOMINISUMBRAmadforLEGOMorkMansnowhitie
    :-DDDD
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,513
    ^^I'm holding out hope for a Winter Village Train Station WITH Sewage Works. Double the fun
    madforLEGO
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 981
    Of course, now I've written that, LEGO will probably announce a Winter Village Train Station tomorrow...
    Would you mind writing something about how there won't be a UCS Falcon or a 2018 Creator Train?
    77ncaachamps
  • ZegnaZegna SingaporeMember Posts: 14
    edited July 2017
    Sorry , wrong post.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 615
    CM4S said:
    Cool, a train station sounds fine. That eBay model is a Bluerender model, not a real set. 
    Actually, its a real set with genuine LEGO pieces, produced by us.  The designer is an AFOL, and gets a commission for every one we sell.

http://shop.constructibles.net/constructibles-winter-village-train-station-lego-parts-instructions-kit/

We created this to complement last year's Christmas train.  I'm looking forward to see this year's official set!
    ifluxRakulthedingman5Johnyk668
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 67
    DadsAFOL said:
    Actually, its a real set with genuine LEGO pieces, produced by us.  The designer is an AFOL, and gets a commission for every one we sell
    ...and I have purchased this train station, designed by Miro Dudas, packaged as a kit by Constructibles, and can highly recommend it. I really enjoyed the build and the finished product looks gorgeous and complements the official sets very well. 

If this year's official set is indeed a train station I will have some decisions to make...! I'm sure that I will want to buy the official set (it's my favourite Lego theme and I've loved all of them so far) so the question(s) will be whether to have two different stations, or just one station (which one) and what to MOC from the other one. 

Looking forward to the announcement. 
    iflux
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,368
    I'd like a train station, but I'm not sure they'd do that, for people that don't have the train(s)...
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,438
    I too would like to see a proper train station as the next set. What do you think the chances of a set that's just a train platform, park benches, trees, and minifigures? Sort of like a fun in the winter village set.
    mustang69
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,368
    I don't think that'll be the case, WV sets are usually 2-3 times the price of the Fun* ones ;)
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 392
    edited July 2017
    ^ and ^^

Something like that would be great for the freebies though, the one in Oct and Brick Friday in Nov.
    sid3windrgmonkey76
    I'm getting impatient :-D
    mustang69wardm
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 566
    I would also be interested in seeing a ski/snowboard shop. Winter Activity store. Think it would be cool to get one of those at one point or another.
    ifluxscottwb2010
    My prediction is Winter Village candy shop. This is based on the fact I'm currently making my own (which won't be very good) for my xmas display and a WV will look amazing and make mine look even more rubbish.

^ a winter snow activity shop might be too similar in theme to the recent Friends sets although a ski lift would be amazing too.

can anyone confirm that a set number exists? I mean, we are getting a WV set, aren't we? It is the law that lego produces a WV set every year.
    Bumblepantsstluxsid3windrlentil
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,948
    The September calendar shows two new exclusive sets for VIP purchase starting on 9/14. Do we think one of these could be a winter set?

^Based on comments I've heard and read, it seems likely that one of the sets will be the WV release.

But I'm no expert. It could be a second Star Wars set to go along with the rumored MF.

Lego and give me the WV set 2017!!!
    Saw the friends new winter sets at a local store today. Price seemed about right for what is included. I'm weighing what my price will be considering I'd have to redo so many color pieces. But some fun additions to be had for sure!
    LuLego
    Saw the friends new winter sets at a local store today. Price seemed about right for what is included. I'm weighing what my price will be considering I'd have to redo so many color pieces. But some fun additions to be had for sure!
    I'm waiting to see someone else's MOC/MOD before I buy my first ever friends set (my daughter will be puzzled by daddy buying a set for himself).

i can't wait to see what someone more creative than me can do with the colour scheme of the set.

i love the ski lift but the main pieces are in the Friend's blue colour, which makes things hard for a WV moc.
    Switchfoot55
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    ^ you could go the other way and recolour the wv sets to friendify them.
    sid3windrlentilSwitchfoot55
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,518
    edited August 2017
    @LuLego said:

i love the ski lift but the main pieces are in the Friend's blue colour, which makes things hard for a WV moc.
    If you mean the large lattice mast pieces, they are currently available in white (73p) or dark bley (88p) on Bricks and Pieces. I imagine just colour-swapping those four pieces would make a big difference to the overall look of the set. 
    sid3windrevantyler
  • zorzoszorzos CyprusMember Posts: 26
    Not quite sure about the train station, since you kind of have to have a train first..

Most likely it would be something to complement the already existing WV sets.

But I agree with @LuLego, do we have definite proof that LEGO is actually producing one this year? Some of us got late into the game and have to cover up by getting the sets from previous years.. :D
    There's two sets being released with VIP early access in mid September, which means they're D2C, and the WV set is usually released around then. I'd say it's a pretty solid theory that one of them is a WV set. 
    I'd like it to be a large Christmas sweet shop. 
    sid3windr
  • zorzoszorzos CyprusMember Posts: 26
    Same here, it does sound fitting to the theme.
    I had a good look at the Friends sets today and don't think I'll bother. Too many pinks and that dark blue colour to make it worthwhile.

Instead, I did manage to pick up another used Santa's workshop (my third) and another used Toy Shop for a very good price to begin another MOC.

My plan is to modify the Toy Shop alongside a couple of Doctor Stange's Sanctum to create a candy shop. Those round windows from 76060 would look great with a stained glass window effect.

I won't use the skulls or red monster!

evantylercatwrangler
    http://zusammengebaut.com/vip-vorverkauf-fuer-zwei-lego-sets-ab-dem-14-september-31725/

its a german site but they also think it'll be the WV-Set on 9/14.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,623
    Given the UCS Millennium Falcon will be announced on 1st September I reckon they could do a press release for 2017's Winter Village set early as today or tomorrow given it's BrickFair VA is 5th-6th August. Another date could be before 15th August for enough gap between the two announcements or wait until after the UCS Millennium Falcon announcement and do a last minute one like the London Bus, releasing the set the following day.
    edited August 2017
    Not the actual WV set but there's some news on Christmas add-ons / promos at Eurobricks:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/144854-lego-seasonal-2017/&page=3

There will apparently be a 24 in 1 advent thing again. 
    stluxifluxcatwrangler
  • jazzmajazzma Libertyville, ILMember Posts: 1
    They already sell an advent Calendar and have Santa, a church is a no-brainer.  You could always have alternative instructions to turn it into a winter ski cabin like they did with the travel trailer/boat/camp set.
    ^ but a church is religious, so they'll not do one. Advent calendars and santa are not religious.
    stluxLegoboysid3windrgmonkey76SumoLegoricecakesnowhitie
    I'd love to see a church but doubt they would produce it. 

This was an interesting read from some years ago. I haven't quite got to the end of the thread yet and wonder if any points made have been changed in the years since the original post:

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/10151/an-unspoken-lego-design-policy

On on another note: I saw a brilliant minifigure of St Nick (rather like the playmobil version). Anyone know what piece I could use for a suitable head piece like a bishop's miter?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,184
    edited August 2017
    @LuLego - if you don't mind non purist parts Crazy Bricks did one as part of their Munchkin Bricks sets

http://crazybricks.bigcartel.com/product/complete-set-of-munchkin-bricks-assorted-colors

but in terms of official LEGO parts I don't think you'll find anything particularly close 
    Thanks @Shib
    that's exactly the piece I'm after!

stluxMegtheCatwardmOnebricktoomanyWookie2
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700
    ^ but a church is religious, so they'll not do one. Advent calendars and santa are not religious.
    As generally are carol singers, yet we have a couple of those already.
    pharmjod
    There is a grey area as there are plenty of non religious songs that carol singers add to their repertoire  
    gmonkey76
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,874
    The entire concept of advent is religious so that's a pretty thin excuse.
    LuLegoSumoLegoCapnRex101Switchfoot55
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,844
    pharmjod said:
    The entire concept of advent is religious so that's a pretty thin excuse.

Huh, but it seems to sell millions of units every year.  I'm very torn.
    sid3windrFollowsClosely
    Advent and Christmas in general may have started as religious celebrations but they are now celebrated far more as a cultural observation.

How many people will open a chocolate advent calendar throughout December without stepping inside a church in that entire time?
    stlux
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,326
    Shib said:
    Advent and Christmas in general may have started as religious celebrations but they are now celebrated far more as a cultural observation.

How many people will open a chocolate advent calendar throughout December without stepping inside a church in that entire time?
    It does not matter to many as the implication still is it is a religious holiday and event for Christians around the world and, heaven forbid, if that rankles any other group.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700
    edited August 2017
    Shib said:

Not as many as those opening lego toys each day?  ;)
    Based on what gets stocked at the supermarkets I'd say a lot more have chocolate ones than LEGO...obviously if I'd said how many people on this forum then I'd probably agree :-P
    sid3windr