Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    waynlewis said:
    If it was only Star Wars or another theme, it'll be fine but he's all over the place, Ninjago, Speed Champions, Architecture, minifigures and polybags galore, etc.. He's saving that top spot for the Death Star and needs more shelves.

Have Ivar Shelves as well, they are awesome for displaying! Plan on buying more in the future. 
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,618
    Even if we know what the thing looks like, it's exciting to reveal a bit at a time... the new cockpit piece we're all expecting, a look at the engine portion, a shot of landing gear... I'm hoping for a selection of new pieces, things that will make the purchase a must, things I will want in bulk at a later stage...
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Mr_Cross said:
    Even if we know what the thing looks like, it's exciting to reveal a bit at a time... the new cockpit piece we're all expecting, a look at the engine portion, a shot of landing gear... I'm hoping for a selection of new pieces, things that will make the purchase a must, things I will want in bulk at a later stage...
    If they bring back the light bluish grey boat rigging, Ha! Might actually be quite plausible as it's the easiest way to deal with the back engine framing. I'd be happy with some new colours and prints, maybe a new printed dish piece.
    Bartelasomnium
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    Time to start a new rumour: The Falcon will be rectangular! 
    kezcatwranglerMrKettleOnebricktoomanysid3windr
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    ^ And let's not forget that it will come with a fully operational hyperdrive capable of doing the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs ;0D. 
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 377
    I'm thinking that there will be ways to adapt it to fit in with how it looks in different films. 
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Mr_Cross said:
    If they bring back the light bluish grey boat rigging, Ha! Might actually be quite plausible as it's the easiest way to deal with the back engine framing. I'd be happy with some new colours and prints, maybe a new printed dish piece.
    Nah, I don't think they will use that piece if they want it to look a lot more screen accurate than the last one. That is one of my problems with the original UCS MF
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Renny said:
    That's a seriously huge box! Just out of curiosity, how does it compare to the Death Star box? 
    It' bigger, I did the calculations the other day based of the London bus dimensions as listed on Bricklink.

The old UCS MF was in a 62 litre box. This new set should be around 97 litres.

Just looked and the new Deathstar box is just over 52 litres.
    BartelasRenny
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    ^Wow, thanks for looking into it. That's insane! I hope my car trunk is big enough ;)
    sonsofsceva
    Basta said:
    Renny said:
    That's a seriously huge box! Just out of curiosity, how does it compare to the Death Star box? 
    It' bigger, I did the calculations the other day based of the London bus dimensions as listed on Bricklink.

The old UCS MF was in a 62 litre box. This new set should be around 97 litres.

Just looked and the new Deathstar box is just over 52 litres.
    Oh Boi...let's expect some interior guys!  
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,021
    Does box size matter?
    Switchfoot55Mr_Crossgmonkey76BumblepantsOnebricktoomanyGoldchainsTyresOFlaherty
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    ^ Well for one, I'm going to have to find a bag large enough to carry it in!
    #21137 The Mountain Cave set I bought today from Lego Store Milton Keynes barely fit in their largest bag! :)
    Onebricktoomany
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,701
    ^^Box size always matters
    BartelasMr_Crossgmonkey76OnebricktoomanyGoldchains
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,729
    I imagine the box has lots of "space" in it so that the MF has room to fly...
    sid3windrGalactus
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,618
    I'm hoping (and fully prepared for disappointment) for a stack of vac formed trays in the box containing all the parts. Perhaps as part of an old-school display window, but mainly for help with sorting. I used plastic cups, takeaway pots, margarine tubs, box lids and a variety of other vessels when I built #10179, and I wish I'd had something a bit more sturdy/appropriate/standardized!
    Pate5346AdeelZubairsid3windr
  • RJAS1972RJAS1972 Lisbon - PortugalMember Posts: 24
    There are two boxes with Falcons inside the box. One to build and one to resell.
    nwr122herbyderbymonkeyhangerwaynlewismustang69dmcc0jeremy1973sid3windrGalactus
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    A little teaser/preparation shot of my own :)

OnebricktoomanyTyresOFlaherty
    RJAS1972 said:
    There are two boxes with Falcons inside the box. One to build and one to resell.
    How do I half-like a post?
    BartelasSwitchfoot55gmonkey76CM4SOnebricktoomanyTyresOFlahertyAdeelZubairsid3windr
    SumoLego said:
    RJAS1972 said:
    How do I half-like a post?
    Haha exactly 
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,367
    From Brickpicker, this person also saw the London Bus weeks before the announcement...
    Guys do you remember when I told you weeks before official release of London bus confirming you it's not a rumor anymore giving you details about the structure and build itself?
    Well... So I'm writing now in topic fully focused over the rumored UCS Millennium Falcon.

So today I can tell you that it's not a rumor anymore, it wasn't a trick from Lego with this white box upside down to fool us all.
    Millennium Falcon is coming and it's glorious!
    But sadly this time around I can't tell you more even If I could.

With this information I'm removing from myself a disgraceful  "You should have asked Jamie!" badge  given by Val-E.

Now it's time to find your Piggy Bank and smash it to find savings!

waynlewis
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    edited August 2017
    So some actual news, more of a confirmation ? Few more weeks now
    edited August 2017
    Someone claiming to have seen a set in advance that had a high probability of production is claiming to have seen another set in advance with some probability of production.

Although I appreciate that it may be 100% true, this isn't actual confirmation... so says my wallet.
    mustang69gmonkey76monkeyhangeromniumsnowhitie
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 642
    Muftak1 said:
    When do Lego do the Double VIP points offers?

While I would love to get this straight away, I may decide to show some unusual restraint and wait for the double points offer to appear...
    double vip september 1-3 with free scarif stormtrooper
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    dragon114 said:
    Muftak1 said:

While I would love to get this straight away, I may decide to show some unusual restraint and wait for the double points offer to appear...
    But the MF won't be on sale till later in the month right?
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,703
    Who reckons images will be leaked before the official press release?
    Adzbadboy said:
    Who reckons images will be leaked before the official press release?
    I hope not to be honest... I do want to wait those couple of days Til Force friday and enjoy couple of theasers' from TLG themselves ;-)
    CM4Ssonsofscevaomnium

Hanzo said:
    dragon114 said:
    Muftak1 said:

But the MF won't be on sale till later in the month right?
    Yeah, we'll be able to order it on 14. September 
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    I'm going to get started on building my Lepin Star Wnrs Falcon set this week, I need something to pass the time until the official release of the new UCS!!!
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Count me in with those who think this will have a playset quality to it. It's hard to imagine what would be the complement build given the size of the set, and given that when not moving the Falcon tends to be on a large and unimpressive landing pad or docking bay. So maybe it is just an ultra large set with a detailed interior -- I could easily see how that interior detailing could kick up the piece count. 
    edited August 2017
    I recognize this doesn't win me any Father of the Year Awards, but I looked at him over my steaming cup of spiced Chai Tea and said without skipping a beat "Can I have the sets you don't want anymore?"
    #savage
    OnebricktoomanyMattDawson
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,373
    As much as I'd love a Millennium Falcon, that $800 is a lot of cheese which could finish off a few... nay, several... MOCs.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,780
    Having the first UCS Falcon l'll wait for double points, unless the first run has an exclusive Minifigure or build. Still have a few UCS/big sets on my list from 2015-16 that I have to get.
    waynlewis
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    As much as I'd love a Millennium Falcon, that $800 is a lot of cheese which could finish off a few... nay, several... MOCs.
    When you say Mocs i think you meant to say marriages!...
    dmcc0sid3windr
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,373
    redarmy said:
    When you say Mocs i think you meant to say marriages!...
    The benefits of singledom!

Or at least I think that's what it is, I'm kinda like a carer for a teenager now. =)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Assuming this set and price point actually happen, I could see a big purging of older sets to clear out funds for this beast. Opportunity may be knocking.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
    Great article! :D @CapnRex101
    BooTheMightyHamstersnowhitie
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    So, what is the most expensive Lego set they've ever put out?  For some reason $800 sounds insane.
    There may have been an Education set or Lego Mindstorms teams sets that were that expensive.

Nothing in the standard production themes.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,703
    In the U.K. I believe it was #10221 - Super Star Destroyer, RRP £349.99. I can't see the new MF costing any more than £749.99, with the significant price increase of the recent Death Star it will easily be £449.99 or £499.99.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,378
    In standard product lines the current death Star is the most expensive set released
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,307
    edited August 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Does box size matter?
    It does when it is 12 parsecs (cubed).
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    So the second bottom comment on the homepage article for the teaser is a link to another x-ray image:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGRbG4wVoAAU7XN.jpg:large
    Real or fake?
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,617
    Remember that TLG could have manipulated the image to throw people off the scent.
    I still think this is too big a box for a Millenium Falcon.
    Cloud City is my guess.
    Almost every fan has been asking for a UCS version for years. 
    waynlewiskezBlueTaco
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,307
    Venunder said:

Cloud City is my guess.
    Almost every fan has been asking for a UCS version for years. 
    I think a Falcon would be better received than a Cloud City by more general (not lego-specific) SW fans. The number of fans with an original UCS MF is fairly small, so not too many people will care about a re-release. Remember the DS was re-released after being sold for years, as there must have been a good business case for it.