Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    CM4S said:

Does anyone else on here see more of an interior rather than an exterior? I am hoping my eyes are wrong, but I would much rather have a better exterior than an interior. Considering the size of the set makes me believe that there will be at least some piece of an interior though.
    Bartelas
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    I wonder if they're going to do the same marketing strategy like when they released every day some snippets for the Minecraft Mountain Cave.
    Bartelaswaynlewis
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    Covi said:
    I wonder if they're going to do the same marketing strategy like when they released every day some snippets for the Minecraft Mountain Cave.
    I hope so :D
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 280
    ^I thought something more similar to the Saturn V would be likelier - giving us increasingly revealing images roughly once a week leading up to the reveal to build up hype (as if we're not hyped up enough!)
    Nearly 29 days left 
    LobotBengh_Zeran
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    edited August 2017

CM4S said:

And "LEGO" in the top left corner!
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    Who will be camping outside of the Lego stores the night before release?
    CM4SBartelas
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,314
    ^ Ooooh! I see that!
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    what's going to happen to the price of the old one if this is a new one (at around 800)?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,282
    Random note

The part number of the giant cone half is 29096

Some of the new molds in the same set are 34784, 34620, 

Maybe it shows how long that piece has been developed for? Takes a while to design a UCS set..
    Bengh_ZeranBartelasMAGNINOMINISUMBRArd1899
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904
    I'd still be more interested in knowing how many are going to be sold never to be opened and stacked in a cupboard like the last scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. 

CM4SLobotgmonkey76
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,138
    It will definitely take a big hit I think. To a lesser degree the original UCS versions of the X-Wing and Snowspeeder are now cheaper than before due to the newer versions so I imagine the original would only cater towards die hard collectors so the market for that set, which is already small, would get smaller. Plus I think lots of people may try to sell their old sets so there would be more supply than demand.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,262
    I would prefer a UCS bus station actually.
    bandit778GothamConstructionCosid3windrSumoLego
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 237
    I mentioned this on the front page and another commenter pointed me to the 4785 Duplo Black Castle.

We may have the precedent for this box AND support for my guess that there's a handle, hence the upside-down placement in the picture today:

CM4Smustang69Bengh_Zeran
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    I would prefer a UCS bus station actually.
    Ah...but so many amazing transportation stations to choose from around the world...

But yeah...I'd really like to see a UCS Something New.....like a UCS AT-AT or Jedi Temple or Mos Eisley Spaceport or something that we've just never really been treated to before.

Still buying this Falcon though!
  • JELJ1SJELJ1S Member Posts: 94
    If that is a Millenium Falcon in the photo behind the white paper, it is pretty small relative to the size of the box.  leads me to think it might be a UCS Jakku. .
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 280
    Reminder that Tragic Banjo stayed a while back that this set is specially packaged in some way, which could be a contributing factor to the massive box size...
    CM4SBartelas
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    I'm getting caught up in the hype, I went from I'll never spend $600 or whatever on a Lego set to "omg, can't wait to see what this is!". 
    TyresOFlaherty
  • Bengh_ZeranBengh_Zeran NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    blogzilly said:
    ...I'd really like to see a UCS Something New.....like a UCS AT-AT or Jedi Temple or Mos Eisley Spaceport or something that we've just never really been treated to before.

Yes, why not start a UCS AT-AT rumours thread today for the upcoming 2020 release of one to celebrate ESB's 40th Anniversary? :[]
    CM4SCovicatwrangler
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,118
    1) I can't think of any set other than a new UCS Falcon that LEGO would even consider releasing at that size/scale. I think this is pretty much rock solid confirmation
    2) if you were LEGO, why would you put an actual real box behind the white paper?  wouldn't you just use a blank cardboard box?
    CM4SBumblepants
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 565
    I tried adjusting the colors like @CM4S did but can't say I had any more luck than the photo he posted. At the same time I am not quite sure what I expected. "Maybe if I continue to adjust the contrast and brightness levels maybe the white cloth will disappear!"
    CM4S
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 339
    @Mynatt  Your mistake was not saying "ENHANCE" before trying it :)
    MynattSwitchfoot55CM4SCapnRex101HanzoBobflipMuftak1ricecake
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,731
    edited August 2017
    I find it curious that the London Bus is the comparative set.  Why not a SW set?

I give credit to @CM4S for noticing the subtle glare in the photo.

Maybe it's a 6000+ piece Creator bucket... or a brick-built minifigure-scale Sphinx!
    JELJ1S
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,653
    There is precedent for @CM4S photo shopping. I 100% believe this will be a new Falcon but I also think he is just having fun with that picture. 
    SumoLegoCM4Sbandit778drdavewatford
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,731
    (Complete with Jonah or Geppetto?)
    gmonkey76JELJ1SflakmaniakGalactus
    There is precedent for @CM4S photo shopping. I 100% believe this will be a new Falcon but I also think he is just having fun with that picture. 
    I'm not. Go check for yourself. Many other people have been doing it. I photoshop but I'm not THAT good.

SumoLego said:
    I find it curious that the London Bus is the comparative set.  Why not a SW set?

I give credit to @CM4S for noticing the subtle glare in the photo.

Maybe it's a 6000+ piece Creator bucket... or a brick-built minifigure-scale Sphinx!
    Probably cause it's the most recent D2C. Something Star Wars would give it away.
    BumblepantsBobflip
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    edited August 2017
    if my gut is right (and it has been so far) then we'll see more and more teasers through august until the official reveal. prepare those wallets folks this Kessel run is nearly over and that 12th parsec is a short one.

(edit, just saw the main site mentions more teasers too, see good gut)
  • yodalegoyodalego Member Posts: 6

I've had a play in Lightroom and I see a cockpit now 

M_BossBobflip
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    To even add more solidity of this being the Falcon, the original image if saved, has a saved name of "What a piece of junk!.jpg" - A hint to the OT quote from Luke.

I should imagine the side view of the box that is barely visible features the aerial angle of the Falcon too :-D
    bobabricksBartelas
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 134
    I'm wondering if this is actually a UCS "Fun in the city" set with 1000 minifigures doing various city based activities. Possibly there is a teal bicycle in there somewhere too. 

One day day I shall post something serious but today is not that day.
    sid3windrLego_Starcatwrangler
  • Wicket_WWicket_W Forest moon of EndorMember Posts: 17
    I am a n00b at the forum but I think I made some things more visible on the box! :D
    snowhitie
    kez said:
    To even add more solidity of this being the Falcon, the original image if saved, has a saved name of "What a piece of junk!.jpg" - A hint to the OT quote from Luke.

I should imagine the side view of the box that is barely visible features the aerial angle of the Falcon too :-D
    The one in the Brickset article? They probably downloaded it and saved it with that name. 
    kezPaperballparkBartelas
  • Wicket_WWicket_W Forest moon of EndorMember Posts: 17
    According to lego, only a few weeks! lining up with September first.
    bobabricks
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818

Pretty poor edit I know; however above Princess Leia on the right hand side of the box, there is a faint image; and for some reason I can't help but think that it resembles a Y-Wing (most likely due to tired eyes) 8-P.

From what we've seen so far, I'm surprised Lego decided to flip the Millennium Falcon on the box art as opposed to #10179.

CM4S said:
    kez said:

The one in the Brickset article? They probably downloaded it and saved it with that name. 
    Yes, this was from the Brickset article so you're more than likely to be right on that one. 
    :-D
    Bartelas
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 380
    ^ I think you may have added to that photo... 

Looks like a Death Star above Leia to me.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    So, assuming that we will get confirmation of a new Millennium Falcon on 1 Sept, will it be released that day or will it be an announcement of a future release date?
    ecmo47 said:
    So, assuming that we will get confirmation of a new Millennium Falcon on 1 Sept, will it be released that day or will it be an announcement of a future release date?
    according to the september calendar, early release on the 14th 
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    it's not the Millennium Falcon!
    its a 8000+ part winter village set :-)

or.... maybe just maybe it's the Falcon.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    It's a microfighters size Falcon with a Docking Bay 94, Echo Base, Home One ...... diorama to land it in. :p
    omnium
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    gmonkey76 said:
    It's a microfighters size Falcon with a Docking Bay 94, Echo Base, Home One ...... diorama to land it in. :p
    Actually a full on mini scale diorama of a rebel base or something would be a cool set.

gmonkey76Galactus
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 315
    Really wondering what Lego is getting at with this ploy my be is something star wars but not the UCS falcon
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,782
    ^ It's an 8000 piece set of the fallen Jedi rock carving on Jedda (or is it Jedha?), all in light tan.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,731
    I think you are all wrong. This will finally be the 99 stormtroopers' and Darth Vader box that we have all been demanding.
    gmonkey76CCC
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    Nice to have something more than spurious rumour to talk about in this thread!
    :oD
    BartelasMr_Cross
  • bulbathorbulbathor UKMember Posts: 44
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my friend's dad works at LEGO (that still works, right?) and he's confirmed why 10258 was used for scale - you wait ages for one bus to come along...
    sid3windrcaterham7BumblepantsTheOriginalSimonBsnowhitiepvp3020
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 671
    edited August 2017
    Probably won't get the UCS Falcon if the rumoured price is correct BUT it will make the other UCS sets seem positively cheap in comparison, so easier to justify to my other half!.  "I do really want that UCS Falcon for Xmas, but if it's too much you could just get me that Snow Speeder, it's only a quarter of the price" ;-)
    Bartelasmustang69
    dmcc0 said:
    Probably won't get the UCS Falcon if the rumoured price is correct BUT it will make the other UCS sets seem positively cheap in comparison, so easier to justify to my other half!.  "I do really want that UCS Falcon for Xmas, but if it's too much you could just get me that Snow Speeder, it's only a quarter of the price" ;-)
    Haha you should rather wait for four Xmas's, then you'll have it xD 
    "I do really want that UCS Falcon for Xmas, so let's make a deal you buy it now and for the following 3 Years straight up nothing"