Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    I read a lot here and don't post a lot but I'll say Sept 1 will come and pass without a press release about a UCS falcon
    [Deleted User]
  • tpvelotpvelo DKMember Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    They can't start telling the community that specific sets are not releasing. That way you could "confirm" a set was comming so long as Lego won't deny it. And maybe they would change their mind a long the way, what then? Also keep in mind that the AFOL community is a pretty small fraction of their customer base. And let's be real, you will keep buying their sets whether they actively comment on rumours or not. 
    Lyichirsid3windrPaperballparkcatwrangler
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,139
    edited July 2017
    @BooTheMightyHamster, not busy at work today??  ;)   (most enjoyable read by the way)

You need to be careful writing stuff like that, you know that only true stuff is posted on the internet.
    In 40 years time these could well turn out to be the ancient texts of the next world controlling religion.
    It's just a shame that the population won't be able to read them because there wasn't an App for it. :D
    sid3windrBooTheMightyHamsterstluxCM4ScatwranglerOnebricktoomany
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Bartelas said:
    CCC said:
    Bartelas said:
    I think that LEGO would have told us if the Falcon wasn't coming. They wouldn't want to disappoint half of their community and maybe even lose a lot of fans, including mainly AFOLs.
    They don't give out that sort of information. They comment on what they are making, at their own time (product reveal), not on what they are not making.
    Yeah but then again there has never been such a huge part of their community discussing about a possible set.
    Yes there has. There have been similar discussions in the past about this very set and others about sets like Cafe Corner.
    stluxgmonkey76Bumblepants
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 137
    Lots of people are saying they would be happy with a re-release of 10179 with a few minor tweaks like the Death Star... 

i have decided i want a totally new build and a completely completely different design. It should IN NO WAY look like 10179, not even in outline. And it should be blue as well. In fact it should include simpsons minifigures instead.
    CM4SBumblepantspreverepharmjodBartelassid3windrMr_CrossC0chiseOnebricktoomany
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    MrKettle said:
    Lots of people are saying they would be happy with a re-release of 10179 with a few minor tweaks like the Death Star... 

i have decided i want a totally new build and a completely completely different design. It should IN NO WAY look like 10179, not even in outline. And it should be blue as well. In fact it should include simpsons minifigures instead.
    You know, I'm constantly curious if I could disassemble the 20+ Lego Friends sets my daughter has to create the ultimate Cutelineum Palcon. 
    BumblepantsYodalicioussid3windrGalactus
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 729
    SirBen said:
    SumoLego said:
    Repeating an unverified rumor doesn't lend any credibility to the original rumormonger.
    I think you have to say it louder for it to count.
    And I think you need to say it many more times in a row.....kind of like "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....."
    Whilst wearing red sparkly shoes and tapping your heals together after you've said it ;-)
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,035
    So now the designer notes in the Brickset database are like a scavenger hunt? I love it! Having said that, I have been hearing rumors of the MF from "reliable sources" since 2014. I'm not holding my breath, but there is always hope...
    Johnyk668FollowsClosely
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    ^ You're clearly taking inspiration from the Friendstar by @pricey73

Well, there goes my weekend.  Thanks, @Paperballpark ...
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    @BooTheMightyHamster Oh Ok, I see how it is. Trying to convince people that I created the Denier Movement even though there are Real Secret Combinations we should be looking after. Jeez man, great post but you are clearly trusting too much on rumors that have been going on for years. I just hope this one is actually true and if it turns out not to be then I will let the years go by until we have a confirmation of a brand new UCS Millennium Falcon.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    Thinking about the comments about interior or not... I wonder how a ship with no interior, but with a vignette of the interior would work as a display model. It might be able to get a detailed interior of the game room at the right scale.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 618

And thus the great schism occurred. Peering back through the lens of history, Lego academics study this period with great interest.  To the untrained eye, it was simply a split into those who believed in the coming of the Falconii Novus - or ‘new UCS Millennium Falcon’ to the layman - and those deniers who felt that the stories were nothing more than that - stories, myths and the dreams of the hopelessly deluded.

There was, as any scholar whose livelihood depends on it being thus will tell you, far more to it than that.  The believers, known as ‘Fords’ (for reasons which have become lost in the mists of time) formed the Church of the Two Antenna, and in time came to regard the individual known only as CM4S as their prophet.  This person, who many now hold was a simply a cypher representing a number of shadowy figures, became the spiritual figurehead of the movement, and to this day is held as a revered figure among the Fords.

Conversely, Crzypengu is said by many to have inadvertently created the denier movement when he posted the following: “I am going to give up on a UCS Millennium Falcon if it is not revealed in September.”  For many, this was simply not an option that they had considered before.  Those that worshipped at the altar of Billund took is as gospel that you waited - forever if necessary - for any given set that may, or may not, exist.  Suddenly, one individual had stood up and, taking inspiration from the Rev. Dee Snyder, had proclaimed ‘We’re not going to take it anymore.’  

Many minds sang with fear.  What if they embraced the denier movement, bringing much needed salvation to their bank accounts, and then the set was actually released?  Could they be brought back into the fold, or would the fact that they had the mark of Crzypengu upon them mean that they were forbidden from ownership?  This led to the Turncoat rebellion, more of which later.

Yet a third breakaway group, who owned the fabled 10179, actively hoped and prayed that the new set would remain a myth, lest the religiosity of their sacred artefact be compromised, but they were largely a sanctimonious bunch, and nobody much cared what they thought.

In later chapters we examine in greater detail the history of each side of the schism, what happened in September 2017 and how it led to the period know as ‘The age that shall not be referred to in polite company’.

Taken from ‘The great Schism or How one Lego set changed the course of history’ by Professor A. J. Throgmorton

Brilliant! 

I just thinking that this thread and the rumor of the UCS MF has almost become like a religion.  With those choosing to believe absent fact or FAITH, if you will and those demanding proof!  There is definitely an "agnostic" middle ground to the whole thing too. 

Prediction:  This thing is coming and coming soon.  Those who read the speculation as fact will claim "victory" over a faction that really doesn't even exist. 

SumoLegocatwranglerOnebricktoomanyGalactus
    Slightly off topic: 

If the UCS Falcon comes, will this be considered a new golden age of Lego collecting?  I can't really say being relatively new to the hobby, but it seems like there are already so many great huge sets out there with more on the way...GB HQ, Assembly Square, Ninjago City, the new Carousel, just to name a few.  Add a new UCS Falcon and that will really be something. 
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    It certainly is a Golden Age of set availability and set diversity.  I'm sure some of us that remember the days of five themes and new sets every 18 months would save 'Golden Age' for the mid-'80's...

Maybe we are in the post-modern renaissance period?
    gmonkey76monstblitzcatwrangler
    monstblitz said:
    Those who read the speculation as fact will claim "victory" over a faction that really doesn't even exist.  

You know, when you make these reasoned observations, you ruin the fun for those waiting on bated breath to say... 'I told you so!'

Because... just because something happens to end up being true, it doesn't necessarily make the source of a rumor correct.  Speculation based in well-reasoned thought is still just speculation.

I predict there will be another City Police Station with a helipad and a City Fire Station with a printed dalmation.
    gmonkey76monstblitzOnebricktoomany
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,773
    Please someone give us a decent rumour.  Make one up if you have to.
    SumoLegogmonkey76GothamConstructionCo
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    edited July 2017
    ^^ Yes just because Lego has a coming soon page for a set that then comes out doesn't mean that the two are related.

CM4SsonsofscevaOnebricktoomany
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,514
    Legoboy said:
    Please someone give us a decent rumour.  Make one up if you have to.
    A Lego store employee told me he synced up Dark Side of the Moon to all the D2C designer videos back to back under a full moon and Jack Stone appeared to him in a vision and said 'NEW FALCON, but built with 5 stupid looking parts like every set I was in!'
    CM4SLegoboykhmellymelgmonkey76bandit778stluxSumoLegoeggshencatwrangler
    edited July 2017
    ^ Now that's much better.  See?  Thread's back on track.
    pharmjodgmonkey76monstblitzBumblepantsSumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ I like Star Wars. I like the MF. I like LEGO. I like LEGO MFs. I don't own a UCS MF. I would like to own a UCS MF. I buy the LEGO I want. I prefer to buy the LEGO I want at retail prices. Therefore, all that said, a UCS MF is coming solely so I can purchase one at retail price.
    Johnyk668bandit778rawbobSumoLegocatwranglerOnebricktoomanysnowhitie
    edited July 2017
    Lego has had plenty of sets that had all sorts of information, but were never released.

I suppose that would be a 'reverse' I told you so?

^ I think that's an implied meme.  I object!
    gmonkey76monstblitzcatwranglerOnebricktoomany
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    What if a new UCS Falcon was complete and utter crap, like how people refer to AOH, would you still buy it??
    CM4SBobflipSumoLego
    edited July 2017
    waynlewis said:
    What if a new UCS Falcon was complete and utter crap, like how people refer to AOH, would you still buy it??
    It's supposed to be a "piece of junk". 

Edit:  Gif removed before I get in trouble. 

In all seriousness that's comparing apples and oranges.  The subject matter on AOH was already questionable.  It would have to be a monumental screw up to turn the Falcon into something AOH awful to the point people wouldn't buy it. 
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76Johnyk668SumoLegoprevereOnebricktoomany
    edited July 2017
    It is a completely different Lego market than when the original UCS MF was released.  Lego is falling over gobs and gobs of revenue from a diverse set of sources.

They're leading the toy industry with essentially a single product.

I think the higher likelihood is that a UCS MF would be available for an extended period of time - much like the Sandcrawler, Simpsons D2C, Tower Bridge or the Death Star.  There may be periodic shortages like the Saturn V, but eventually new stock would arrive.  Given the much higher number of premium sets available that appear to sell well, rolling out one super-premium set seems comparatively less risky than it was over a decade ago.

Someone seeking a +$500.00 UCS MF set isn't likely to buy something else with their Lego dollar.  They'd just wait for stock to return, which would create cyclical demand for the set.  
    waynlewis said:
    Yes.  I'd buy two.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76CM4Sstluxecmo47MAGNINOMINISUMBRAOnebricktoomanyGalactus
    iso3200 said:

Now a lot of people probably can't afford to drop the kind of cash we think it will be on a LEGO set. A lot of people will refuse to as well. But plenty of others will I'm sure - including a whole wad of resellers and their wives.

This one could either sell out quick and and become the next "King" collectible or be one of those sets that is available for ages and ages.

There will be many resellers, amateur and professional, jump on it as an investment. After all, it is a guaranteed winner, just look at the last UCS MF.

I hope they do a reasonable run in the first instance, then continue to restock for maybe five years if the sales of subsequent batches hold up.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRASumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Not even worrying about it as a 2018 purchase (unless it can be found at a very good discount). It will be a store exclusive at at least one of the major department stores in Australia (due to lack of brand stores) - I expect it will be available at a nice discount in the 2019 June sales so that's my current target.  I expect the first couple of runs to be snapped up almost immediately by both semi experienced and first time resellers.
      I fully expect it to be as evergreen as Tower Bridge and Death Star.
    Onebricktoomany
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,522
    Balls. That is all.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    So come back to this thread on September 1st. Got it.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAsid3windrSumoLego
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    edited July 2017
    Meanwhile a new Lego "Tie Silencer" in the making rumor 

^75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter?
    Definitely NOT a rumour.
    CM4Sdougtsgmonkey76Dedgecko
    We now live in an era with a $299.99 Ninjago set.  Comparatively speaking is it a bigger stretch for a parent to buy a KFOL a $299.99 playset, or an AFOL to spend $699.99 on THE Lego set?

I'm leaning toward the latter.

(The Saturn V is $119.99, and I doubt too many of those are ending up in the hands of the Lego 'target' demographic.)
    BumblepantsOnebricktoomany
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,902
    Saturn V will eventually end up like exo-suit. At appearance it seems like a lead pipe guaranteed winner, which means the opposite is more likely to happen. 
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomanyFollowsClosely
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    edited July 2017
    Lyichir said:
    SumoLego said:
    We now live in an era with a $299.99 Ninjago set.  Comparatively speaking is it a bigger stretch for a parent to buy a KFOL a $299.99 playset, or an AFOL to spend $699.99 on THE Lego set?

I'm leaning toward the latter.

(The Saturn V is $119.99, and I doubt too many of those are ending up in the hands of the Lego 'target' demographic.)
    I see these kinds of assumptions about Ninjago fans a lot, and they bug me. Keep in mind that even discounting fans who got into the theme as AFOLs (probably a bigger demographic than people give the theme credit for), Ninjago has been around since 2011. Kids who got into the theme at the start and stuck with it are teens now. Many teens who did likewise qualify as AFOLs themselves now. The idea that there aren't many AFOLs in the Ninjago fandom isn't accurate—if anything, the difference between them and Lego Star Wars fans is probably more related to Lego Star Wars appealing even to fans of the Star Wars franchise who wouldn't consider themselves "AFOLs" at all.

That's all in addition to the extremely broad appeal of the "Lego cinematic universe" so far compared to your typical non-movie theme. Considering the Sea Cow could sell for $250, $300 for a Ninjago Movie set seems like less of a stretch.

*Knocks on table twice*

I'm the TFOL to AFOL demographic in this equation, though my love for many of LEGO's action themes precedes that. It was my love for those themes, that got me into Ninjago in the first place. The TV show (and now the movie) are all just icing on the cake... The very, very tall, and very, very, very expensive cake.

Now in my perspective I think the Star Wars sets are fantastic, but they aren't my cup of tea. I might just be one of the very few FOLs that love Star Wars, but aren't into the Lego sets that much.

Um... Millennium Falcon... does just saying that make this post on topic?
    MattDawsoncatwranglerMaffyDOnebricktoomanysonsofscevaGalactus
    Lyichir said:
    That's all in addition to the extremely broad appeal of the "Lego cinematic universe" so far compared to your typical non-movie theme. Considering the Sea Cow could sell for $250, $300 for a Ninjago Movie set seems like less of a stretch.
    Frankly, I think we agree.  A $249.99 Sea Cow is an excellent example to substantiate that the modern Lego market could sustain a super-premium set.

The point I was making is that the market for Lego is radically different than when the first UCS MF was released.  I wasn't being critical of Ninjago fans.  Ninjago is clearly a universally popular theme - it outlasted its original production theme life, and has spawned a likely successful movie this fall.  At this point, it's more of a staple theme than Castle, Space or Pirates.

(And as an aside, the 'target' consumer for Lego is the kid that wants a Police Station, Helicopter, Batman, Spider-Man, Kylo Ren and those molded dinosaurs.  We are fortunate that Lego has the resources to offer modulars and UCS SW sets.)
    BumblepantscatwranglerRainstorm26Yodaliciousgmonkey76CCCdougtsOnebricktoomany
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    Hans did a very good job with the Slave 1 so I trust his ship building skills if he is doing the UCS MF.
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomanyred5
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Who knows what the new UCS Set will be, it is most likely the Millennium Falcon with all the rumors going around, but then again there have been rumors of a reissue of it in the past. I do believe it will be a brand new one using new pieces created over the last decade that will make it undoubtedly one of the Greatest Lego Sets ever created, as long as it is not just a couple hundred pieces updated to the 2007 version.
    Onebricktoomany
    If the old one was the greatest set ever created and they change a handful of pieces to make a new one which improves it, then surely the new one will be the greatest set ever created as it is better than the old one which was the greatest set ever created. Yet if they could have done so much more, people will be complaining about it. It is like the new vs old DS. I prefer the new version. Sure, it could have been better still, but it is better than the old one (for me).

I think they could put out an almost exact copy of the old one and the sales figures will be indistinguishable from those that they would get if they put out a completely new version. The old one was so long ago, and I expect the number of people that have it compared to the number of people willing to buy a new one is actually pretty small. So they can probably disappoint those that have the old one without affecting sales. Again, if you compare to the DS, there they had a set out for seven years, and then re-released an almost identical set a year later. The number of people that have the old one is going to be much larger than the number of people with the old UCS MF, yet there was still a business case to re-release an almost identical set within a year. For the MF, the time gap is much larger, and the number of old ones in existence is much smaller.
    YodaliciousSumoLegoOnebricktoomanycatwrangler
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,678
    edited July 2017
    Vortex said:

Not a rumor. Here it is: 

Confidential images removed.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,806
    @FowlerBricks You're not allowed to post confidential pics in the forum. One of the mods will remove it.
    MattDawsonstluxMAGNINOMINISUMBRAgmonkey76
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    ^Seems like @FowlerBricks didn't learn the lesson after posting a confidential image last week in the Leaks and more leaks thread.... 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    ^ No, but now I know to go looking.
    ^ .....oh dear!
    ^Seems like @FowlerBricks didn't learn the lesson after posting a confidential image last week in the Leaks and more leaks thread.... 
    YOUR'E not experiencing Déjà Vu...
    ^75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter?
    Definitely NOT a rumour.
    I AM THOUGH...

@FowlerBricks - have a read of the rules that @LostInTranslation is showing you.  The whole set lists (excluding a mystery item or two) are already here and non endorsed pics are easy to find out there for anyone who's that interested to go looking.  There's absolute no need to bring them in here.
     This all brings me too this (which I'd actually been thinking about) 
    Vortex said:

This is the first time I've seen any concept art of the ship from TLJ.  I've a really good look at it and it almost looks like the ship was designed with LEGO in mind. The overall proportions of the ship and the angles used are all near immediately transportable into brick form.  Thee steps and curves of both the reinforced step on the wings to the cockpit to arm transition all work too.  
      It's easy to see why those who have seen the upcoming set are already showing a lot of love for the model.

EDIT: Millennium Falcon...
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Per the above leak, looks like BB-8 will be the fall Star Wars USC. Perhaps we may see an announcement about a new USC MF but I do not think we will see the set released this year. As mentioned before, I fervently hope that Lego does a 6 month (or more) pre-order period to cut down on the release day hysteria.