Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Limited Edition Zavvi Lego ZBOX

2»

Comments

• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,432
    I also have a despatch emaik saying delivery on 4th july...
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,629
    SMC said:
    I have the same email but they have just taken money and royal mail are delivering something today?

Sorry it wasn't from Zavvi. I don't even have a dispatched email :(
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 99
    Yep, looks like we'll finally get to see what crap we've bought!
    TheFew
    mklego said:
    If it is crap we can send it back. I hope it has a saturn v, a helli carrier and a silent Mary in it!
    TheFew said:
    mklego said:
    If it is crap we can send it back. I hope it has a saturn v, a helli carrier and a silent Mary in it!

Don't be silly the box is too small, it will be #5004590 Bat-Pod and Lester
    TheFew
    Just the one Lester?
    We don't want too many out there, have to keep the value high. We don't want kids getting there hands on them. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,507
    That's probably why they are late. The latest aliexpress order of Lesters has been delayed.
    sid3windrdmcc0
  • bulbathorbulbathor UKMember Posts: 44
    SMC said:
    TheFew said:
    mklego said:

Don't be silly the box is too small, it will be #5004590 Bat-Pod and Lester
    Having received my box today I'm afraid there may be a little disappointment as (spoiler alert) none of the above are included...

30524 - Mini Batwing polybag
    30449 - Milano polybag
    41590 - Iron Man brickheadz (possibly varies?)
    4023 - Lunchbox
    Bag tag
    Lego City sticker sheet
    White t-shirt with "I <3 Bricks" on

@bulbathor how do you feel re value for money? Seems pretty poor to me.

When you ordered did they ask for a tshirt size?
  • bulbathorbulbathor UKMember Posts: 44
    Aye, they asked for a t-shirt size, I've not tried it on yet but I'm not sure how much use it will get. 

I don't think it was value for money, there's probably only £30 worth of Lego products and there's nothing that would be particularly difficult to get hold of. I'm not sure what the "all new" Lego product was, I thought that might be something created specifically for the box, it looks like it's just something released this year.
    @bulbathor thanks for the info. i might send mine back depending on what the return conditions are.
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Surprising no one, a blind box is not worth the cost :P
    Toc13sid3windrBumblepantsBoomstickMattDawsonJern92Mynatt
    They can probably get away with calling the brickheadz an all new product, as it is from a new range for this year, just a few moths old.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    To be fair that's more actual LEGO and less gear than I was expecting - you have to remember that the values they put on are based on RRP - the tshirts are often a big chunk of that (my guess is they'd argue it at a £15 rrp)

Ive not seen any of these blind box things as worth the RRP based on the bits I'd actually choose to buy, they are a nice enough idea but I think they are more useful as gift boxes than anything else.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,947
    edited July 2017
    Haven't received mine yet, but thanks to the wonders of YouTube unboxing videos...

Wow, the "I <3 Bricks" t-shirt looks so tacky, and describing it as "LEGO themed" feels rather tenuous.

Looks like there isn't much love for this zbox already:

Mine is being delivered today. If i get a royal mail calling card and never collect it, do you think i will get a refund eventually?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    I like how people are complaining about the lack of exclusive items - while these boxes often have them they never claimed this one would.
    Shib said:
    I like how people are complaining about the lack of exclusive items - while these boxes often have them they never claimed this one would.
    I agree. All new doesn't mean exclusive.
    Similarly with the youtube video complaint that the T-shirt is not licensed. The original advert says lego themed, not lego licensed. It is pushing the borders with being lego themed, but they never promised licensed.
  • cakeinmilkcakeinmilk London, UKMember Posts: 33
     I couldn't resist laughing in disbelief at how bad the shirt is -like they didn't even try.

Thankfully there's a 14 day returns period for unwanted items and the ZBox is covered (you'll have to pay postage though).
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 334
    I think the contents of the box sound pretty reasonably for this sort of thing - especially if for a more casual Lego fan, rather than many of the people here who already would have most things they'd actually want.

But the t-shirt does sound a little disappointing. There are some great Lego and Lego-themed t-shirts out there, so one would have hoped a better design would have been included.

I didn't manage to get the box, but the t-shirt would have been the item I'd have been looking most forward to and yet I don't think I'd have more this one if I got it.
    I wonder if there's scope to return it free of charge on the grounds that the t-shirt is arguably not LEGO-themed :)
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 785
    Everyone gets 14 days to return and don't even need to give a reason. Standard 14-day EU consumer protection.
    Aleydita said:
    Everyone gets 14 days to return and don't even need to give a reason. Standard 14-day EU consumer protection.
    But that wouldn't be free, as you'd have to pay to post it back. ("We will not refund postage costs to return items which are unwanted or no longer required."). Whereas if you were to return something because it's not as described, they would have to reimburse you.

Think of the value of a MISB LEGO Zbox in future.

On second thoughts, probably best not to!

As to the graphic, they should have used one like this
    Then there couldn't be complaints that it is not lego themed.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    Welp, just had a look at those videos and... wow, the contents sure are something huh. Especially that t-shirt, christ.

On the plus side though... Ashens video on this when? :V
    The t-shirt may be good for washing the car I guess...
    A joke, as we all feared, but that's the gamble!
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 455
    edited July 2017
    TheFew said:
    The t-shirt may be good for washing the car I guess...
    Alternatively, if you have a friend that works in the construction industry or someone who builds houses...

At least I got a Brickhead that I didn't have... The Milano was also included in the Guardians Zbox last month...
    All of the Twitter-hate is almost entertaining enough to make up for this box of junk.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&amp;vertical=default&amp;q=lego zbox&amp;src=typd

• MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Oh boy, the photos on Twitter... I'm glad I missed out!
    The youtube reviews have been fairly honest, bad T-shirt but value just about there even though it is stuff most people wouldn't have bought for themself.

I wanted to see more whinging! I guess that is what twitter is for.

MaffyD
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 679
    I just don't get these blind boxes. £30 for some stuff the company have lying around. The thing is everyone seems to know they're gonna be disappointed, but still order them anyway. It's madness I tell you. I'd rather spend the money on something I actually want, or down the pub ;)
    BumblepantsMattDawsonIan_SAdzbadboygmonkey76CCCdatsunrobbie
    In case it helps anyone, i have just engaged Zavvi Customer Services via twitter. I made the case that the product was advertised in a misleading manner (i.e. the t-shirt that was sent was not "Lego themed") and as such i am rejecting the item (as opposed to returning it because i no longer want it). Upshot is they are going to send me a free post returns label...
    Muftak1cakeinmilk
    ^ good work, I tried but took the hit on paying return postage in the end.
    In case anyone missed it, zavvi still have more stock of the LEGO zbox, and only £25 now!

https://www.zavvi.com/zbox/zbox-lego-mystery-box-limited-edition-2017/11480263.html

Obvioulsy not so mystery now.

I guess I was not the only person to send one back!
    sid3windr