Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10258 London Bus

13»

Comments

• CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    I like the new London Bus, but I wish it was based off of the AEC REGENT III RT version. It would be nice to recreate the Knight Bus from Harry Potter in Digital Designer (since there is not a lot of Purple bricks). However I am sure it is possible to change the front of the bus If I can pull it off
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,500
    Price?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,635
    [email protected] shows $139.99 US.
    madforLEGO
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 410
    TheFew said:
    Price?
    £109.99 according to the front page article
    TheFew
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    edited July 2017
    Morten Rauff (designer of #10258 - London Bus) and Jamie Berard are present in the LEGO Brand Store Leicester Square, they will be doing a live Q&A at 16:30 today. I guess it would be a good excuse to head down to Leicester Square and get one signed.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/10154840906183403/
    sid3windrCM4S
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,427
    Yep, when viewed from other angles than the main camera it's looks like a 30 year old once-red Nissan Micra... :)
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,500
    £109 might be do-able!
    They managed to squeeze my question at the end, very happy with the answers :)

Q&A with Morten Rauff & Jamie Berard: https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/10154841106583403/
    Lego_Star
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    I like it it just pops to me, of course that will change when I see it on LEGO's site for 8-10 years.
    A couple of eBay listings of the set are including a special 'drivers licence.'

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,309
    I find it really sad that those people only went there to instantly resell the bus. That's awful. 
    catwranglerstluxLegoboyAdzbadboyomniumLego_Star
    @CM4S Exactly, especially the signed ones.
    catwranglerCM4S
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,349
    No chance I can get one of those here!
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 791
    edited July 2017
    I'm not very impressed with the advertising for this event

[I'm less impressed that the rest of my comment got deleted by my tablet just as I posted it!!!
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    They're quite cool. Looking to buy one 
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    @Adzbadboy Those licences, were they only given out yesterday, do you know? I wouldn't have minded one for myself to keep permanently in my LEGO wallet though the wallet clasp itself is worn with overuse!

I am planning a visit to London soon so wonder if I might get one then, though it would have been a nicer momento if I had been able to attend the launch event. Had I been well though, I expect I would have been at bricktastic yesterday.
    Lego_Star said:
    @Adzbadboy Those licences, were they only given out yesterday, do you know? I wouldn't have minded one for myself to keep permanently in my LEGO wallet though the wallet clasp itself is worn with overuse!

I am planning a visit to London soon so wonder if I might get one then, though it would have been a nicer momento if I had been able to attend the launch event. Had I been well though, I expect I would have been at bricktastic yesterday.
    I have no clue, fingers crossed they are available this month throughout the five Greator London stores. I'd like one too.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    Did anyone ever say that these licenses do not come with the Bus in the box and are specifically separate from the box and its contents?
    @Adzbadboy If you bought the bus yesterday I'd have expected you to get one. Probably one of those first of so many purchases type offers. With Leicester Sq. going through 3000 brand stores in under a full days trading at opening though, I'm going to say the odds probably aren't great. I'm not going to get my hopes up, then I can only be pleasantly surprised if I get one.

Thanks for the reply. :o) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Never mind eh, even without yet owning #10258, or somehow being able to tardis or fly myself to London yesterday at short notice, I still have a very special, unique London Bus, and that's thanks to Mr. Berard. It's almost as if he knew or something :oP

So, Thank-you Jamie for being groovy! ;o)
    SumoLegostluxsid3windrLegoboy
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Licences were given out at Westfield on purchase of the bus. No idea if there was a limit. We got there early
    Lego_StarmadforLEGO
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    edited July 2017
    So, quick question for anyone who's already got the thing - how well does it fit with minifigures and the modular buildings in terms of scale? Is it just slightly too big or does it look fine size-wise?
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 128
    Now that I have seen the pictures on the lego website,it does look even better then at first impression. Finally a worthy successor to the VW Van!
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Ayliffe said:
    So, quick question for anyone who's already got the thing - how well does it fit with minifigures and the modular buildings in terms of scale? Is it just slightly too big or does it look fine size-wise?
    Looks mini/midi land scale to me. Too tall for regular figs...
    SumoLego
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Adzbadboy said:
    ^^This has to be a first for set to be announced a day before release.
    Actually happened once before at least, Simpsons House.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 791
    edited July 2017
    Before my tablet messed up my previous post (no, I don't know what happened!) I was trying to remark about how I thought the advertising for the launch event was lacking.

Apart from a small mention (that I missed in the excitement to see the pictures :-) ) of the set being available in London on 1st July in the "10258 London Bus revealed!" article on the main page, I saw no mention of an actual launch event. It was hardly hyped up.

I don't spread my LEGO news coverage wide: I read Brickset and Bricksetforum and follow LEGO on facebook. But I'd have thought at least one of those would have mentioned it beforehand!

I first heard about it when checking facebook on the train into central London and I saw that LEGO held a "Live" event 1/2 hour previously. I was unable to watch the event as mobile data on the train is rubbish. There was no other mention of the set being on sale and being signed in LEGO's facebook page and I've found no mention of the event on Brickset.

If I'd known this was going to happen, I'd have gone in an hour or two earlier and got a signed set.

As it happens, I didn't realise the set was being signed/sold until I watched the facebook live event after getting home. Which is a little frustrating, saying as I was within grasping distance of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry or upset: I'll still be able to get the set when it's available via [email protected] and I think my wife is happy because she didn't have to queue in Leicester Sq on Saturday morning and she also isn't getting a signed copy of 10256 for her birthday tomorrow ;-)

But what did I miss? Where should I be looking for such announcements in the future? It seems other people on here knew about it in advance, so it must have been mentioned somewhere! :-O
    sid3windrSMCMattDawson77ncaachamps
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,003
    For anybody that can get to Bluewater that still wants the licence, the manager said they still had half a dozen left.
    Apparently they were only issued either 200 or 300 (been a long day and I cannot remember which) and Leicester Square were only issued 500 (didn't mention the other three London stores but I would presume that Leicester Square would have been issued the largest amount) so if you want one it may be worth ringing before making the trip as at Bluewater they seemed to think that what they had left was all they would be getting.
    Lego_Star
    Looks like they've corrected the colour for the most part and added the intro.

omniumtomahawker77ncaachamps
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,427
    Still a bit pinkish when viewed from the top, but that does look better colour-wise. Was better without the intro though. :P
  • spicypigspicypig GlasgowMember Posts: 234
    @bandit778 customer service told me the license is Leicester Square exclusive...
    spicypig said:
    @bandit778 customer service told me the license is Leicester Square exclusive...
    They said to me it was a London exclusive and that they might have some in Glasgow. But I know that's a typical Lego response. It's a joke how London has all these exclusives. It's like Lego forget the other stores 
    MattDawsonrawbob
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    ^I was given one at Bluewater so CS is wrong.
    sid3windrbandit778Lego_Star
    edited July 2017
    ^^ Licence (supposedly) exclusive to 5 London Stores. Said so somewhere that Saturday for the launch event.

Leicester square, Westfield SB, Westfield Stratford, Bluewater & Watford. I know that people have definitely got a licence from 4 out of those 5 stores.

Potentially they can have 9999 (10,000 actually counting 0000) unique licences - the last 4 digits being unique on each licence. So, if the numbers @bandit778 was quoted that each store was allocated are correct then maybe other stores might get some because the numbers allocated so far would allow for each of the UK stores to get some for early vip access. That is wild hopeful speculation on my part though because I already asked in Glasgow (4th July) and to their knowledge they are NOT getting the licences @William_Townsley. And it wouldn't be the first time LEGO have let store staff know about promos last minute either. *Cough* Force Friday *Cough*

It was also anticipated that stock of the product itself might well run out before the licences do so best to phone ahead if you are hoping for Bus and Licence.
    Lego_Star said:
    ^^ Licence (supposedly) exclusive to 5 London Stores. Said so somewhere that Saturday for the launch event.

Leicester square, Westfield SB, Westfield Stratford, Bluewater & Watford. I know that people have definitely got a licence from 4 out of those 5 stores.

Potentially they can have 9999 (10,000 actually counting 0000) unique licences - the last 4 digits being unique on each licence. So, if the numbers @bandit778 was quoted that each store was allocated are correct then maybe other stores might get some because the numbers allocated so far would allow for each of the UK stores to get some for early vip access. That is wild hopeful speculation on my part though because I already asked in Glasgow (4th July) and to their knowledge they are NOT getting the licences @William_Townsley. And it wouldn't be the first time LEGO have let store staff know about promos last minute either. *Cough* Force Friday *Cough*

It was also anticipated that stock of the product itself might well run out before the licences do so best to phone ahead if you are hoping for Bus and Licence.
    I'm going for a bus anyway. I will just buy a Licence on eBay if Glasgow doesn't have them. 
    edited July 2017
    I'm going for a bus anyway. I will just buy a Licence on eBay if Glasgow doesn't have them. 
    If Glasgow does get them, please confirm here. :o) If I feel the need to have a licence to build and swoosh my bus around a la night bus stylee I might just make and laminate my own one. ;o)

To clarify, the advice about phoning ahead for Bus & licence was suggested by a helpful London store member of staff, after all it would be a bit of a bummer to go all that way and not catch a bus!
    William_Townsley
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 174
    Adzbadboy said:
    Looks like they've corrected the colour for the most part and added the intro.

Thank goodness somebody came to their senses on the video contrast.  I can sleep better now. :P

Thanks for the heads up!
    Told by Glasgow store supervisor just a minute ago, exclusive to London store. Glasgow will not have it.
    spicypig said:
    Told by Glasgow store supervisor just a minute ago, exclusive to London store. Glasgow will not have it.
    I wasn't expecting them to have it anyway. It was just a typical customer service response saying they COULD be in stores to get me off the Phone 
  • LEGOMAD73LEGOMAD73 STAFFORDSHIREMember Posts: 149

Been to Leicester Square branch today and they have loads of the Licence left

Lego_Starmartyn
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I built mine a few days back, it's a great build, a bit repetitive with the seats though, but still an enjoyable few hours. Some nice features, and look s great on display. I've gone with the old version, with the old advertising, and older style number plates! 
    bandit778
    Got the bus today. Just finished bag 1. Wasn't happy about how the licence was giving about. Only down London. That isn't fair that other collectors missed out becuase they seen the based in London. 
    Since it opened in November.
    Sticker Sheets
    Exclusive figure won via a scratch system
    Possibility to buy Year of Rooster set
    Year of Rooster giving out with £125+ Spend around Chinese New Year

Personally I think it's not that fair on everyone based elsewhere  

MattDawson
    ^ You forgot Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman as gift with any purchase on February 14th (recently resolved by Argos) ;o)

Sticker sheets were in Glasgow though. Do you mean the new store opening, Lester and small London bus ad ones all on one sheet? I'm happy to send you a sheet if you'd like or I'll be visiting the Glasgow store in August, I could bring it with me then?
    madforLEGO
    Next year is Glasgow Store 5th anniversary. we MIGHT have some events.
    Lego_Star said:
    ^ You forgot Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman as gift with any purchase on February 14th (recently resolved by Argos) ;o)

Sticker sheets were in Glasgow though. Do you mean the new store opening, Lester and small London bus ad ones all on one sheet? I'm happy to send you a sheet if you'd like or I'll be visiting the Glasgow store in August, I could bring it with me then?
    I got them in the end. 

I totally forgot about Kiss Kiss batman as well. 
    Lego_Star
  • DurbinDurbin Bristol England Member Posts: 2
    This doesn't look a half decent set. May have to nab one of these