Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,852
    SumoLego said:

I happen to believe that the UCS MF reissue is imminent.

So why are constantly questioning real indicators that it is coming?

SumoLego said:

So, basically: 1) a possible website glitch, 2) designers screwing around, and 3) a possibly incomprehensible stock search screenshot.

(if you can't beat them join them)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    edited June 2017
    wagnerml2 said:
    **waves to the ususal crowd**  C'mon, guys!  Come back to the reseller thread!  We've been wasting time there since 2011!!
    Your welcome, by the way!
    wagnerml2
    edited June 2017
    There is a difference between what I believe and the credibility of the information available.

Any 'information' that starts with: 'I know a guy who said...' has no credibilty with me.  So that leaves essentially the same three pieces of circumstantial evidence.  I'm not belaboring that again.  Dudes playing with a cardboard space slug is an indicator of fun, not a 5000 piece set re-issue.

And if I had thinner skin, I would be offended by a cave troll wearing a samurai helmet.  One could consider that a personal attack.  But instead, I'm crying foul that you are posting an image in violation of the terms and conditions.  Stay on topic, please!  You're cluttering up this Forum with irrelevant nonsense.  It is ruining the user experience.
    VorpalRyudatsunrobbieMAGNINOMINISUMBRAflordsnowhitiedmcc0Lego_Star
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,619
    My understanding is that the idea of releasing a new one was kicking around last year (I think. Probably around the time of TFA), but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I was a bit bummed at the time, as it seemed that it had been canned.

However, I've since heard from two different sources - independently of each other - that there is definitely a UCS MF, and that it has two dishes. Unfortunately there was no more info, but I consider those two sources to be very reliable sources of information, very grounded, and not prone to hype. Heck, at least one of them isn't even interested in Star Wars.

Put together with the leaks that CM4S mentioned, and I think there's a strong case that a UCS MF is coming. Of course, nothing is certain, but there's definitely a new model kicking around somewhere in Lego HQ. At the moment, the signs are that it will become a set.
    CM4S
    SumoLego said:
    There is a difference between what I believe and the credibility of the information available.

Any 'information' that starts with: 'I know a guy who said...' has no credibilty with me.  So that leaves essentially the same three pieces of circumstantial evidence.  I'm not belaboring that again.  Dudes playing with a cardboard space slug is an indicator of fun, not a 5000 piece set re-issue.

And if I had thinner skin, I would be offended by a cave troll wearing a samurai helmet.  One could consider that a personal attack.  But instead, I'm crying foul that you are posting an image in violation of the terms and conditions.  Stay on topic, please!  You're cluttering up this Forum with irrelevant nonsense.  It is ruining the user experience.

Sorry I have no idea what your referring to because you didn't quote the picture.
    nicoyagomezdougts
    I would laugh if you weren't being ironic.

IT'S METAPHORICAL!

(Taserface references today: Three!  I win the Forum.)
    VorpalRyustluxsnowhitiewagnerml2
    I don't understand, maybe if you put the words over a picture I would understand it better.
    caterham7
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    I'm not gonna lie @SumoLego , the cave troll with samurai helmet is pretty clever. I'd be flattered.
    CM4SSumoLegosamiam391nicoyagomezVorpalRyumustang69SprinkleOttersnowhitie
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,342
    pharmjod said:
    I'm not gonna lie @SumoLego , the cave troll with samurai helmet is pretty clever. I'd be flattered.
    I didn't even notice the helmet at first! Haha!
    SumoLegopharmjodsamiam391VorpalRyuIceCreamClonemustang69
    edited June 2017
    (I found it quite clever, as well.  And cave trolls have thick skin and appreciate clever humor.)
    pharmjodsamiam391VorpalRyumustang69snowhitie
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2017
    The folks at zusammengebaut.com confirmed that the falcon will land this year. Check them out, they are in touch with LEGO, so they publish these kind of news "indirectly", but we can trust them! :D

http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-star-wars-millennium-falcon-75192-warten-bis-zur-landung-26949/
    It's in german tho ^^

Bartelas said:
    The folks at zusammengebaut.com confirmed that the falcon will land this year. Check them out, they are in touch with LEGO, so they publish these kind of news "indirectly", but we can trust them! :D

http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-star-wars-millennium-falcon-75192-warten-bis-zur-landung-26949/
    It's in german tho ^^

That's from May 10th...
    CM4S said:
    Bartelas said:

It's in german tho ^^

That's from May 10th...
    It confirms it tho, doesn't it?

Does any of you guys know anything about the new exclusive set being revealed on the 17th of July? Could they release the Falcon then instead of October? 
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 836
    edited June 2017
    Bartelas said:
    Does any of you guys know anything about the new exclusive set being revealed on the 17th of July? Could they release the Falcon then instead of October? 
    Depends. Remind me, when is the Ninjago City set being released? If it's released in August alongside the other Ninjago Movie sets, it'd logically follow that it'd be the VIP early access set for July.
    Bartelas said:
    10258 Double Decker Bus maybe? 
    sid3windrSumoLego
    edited June 2017
    It will be available for everybody on September 1st. (Ninjago City)
    CM4S said:
    Bartelas said:
    10258 Double Decker Bus maybe? 
    Yeah probably the bus is going to stick to the landing then... damnit! 
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 128
    edited June 2017
    LEGO should put An end to these rumors by either confirm or deny it. Dont see how this is good for them. Like i did not buy several sets that i did want because i might need 500-800 for the new falcon,if it ever comes out. If it never come then all that money just sitting and wait forever. Even LEGO telling it would come would be ok. I can then slowly come to peace with myself spending 500+ on one set after which i can happily return to my usual purchases again.

this endless rumor is just a pain,Get it over with already pls lol.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 292
    SumoLego said:

I'd like to start a 5000 piece modular train station rumor.  I'm already feeling anxiety!!!

What??!!  Grand central station?!!  5000 pieces!?  I'm in heaven!  Please let this be true!!
    danstraindepotmustang69Bumblepantswaynlewis
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,557
    I'm rather anxious. This new modular train station that's coming... Is it the train that is modular or the station?
    sid3windrmustang69BumblepantsOnebricktoomany
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    I'm on board!
    mustang69Bumblepantscaterham7Onebricktoomany
    Pmh said:
    LEGO should put An end to these rumors by either confirm or deny it. Dont see how this is good for them. Like i did not buy several sets that i did want because i might need 500-800 for the new falcon,if it ever comes out. If it never come then all that money just sitting and wait forever. Even LEGO telling it would come would be ok. I can then slowly come to peace with myself spending 500+ on one set after which i can happily return to my usual purchases again.

this endless rumor is just a pain,Get it over with already pls lol.
    They can't do that! I wish it were that easy but it's not. Breaches their confidentiality policy.. thing 
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    Reality is, it is Disney's call when it comes to what Lego sets get made & released, so it's not TLG's call to on whether or not to reveal that a new UCS Falcon is or isn't coming.
    xiahna
    ^ Are you sure about how that Vorpal? Obviously Disney would have ultimate veto and the ability to make recommendations but I'm sure I read somewhere that Disney trust TLG to understand how to best maximise the profits to the parent company.
    I am a bit surprised we haven't seen a Disney/Star Wars/ LEGO crossover set yet (maybe as a con exclusive). Talk about the unholy trinity!
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 375
    When The Force Awakens sets were released two years ago it was a hard launch on October 1 I believe. No teaser or spoiler images and they were pretty tight with security of the images. That hard launch was Disney's edict. 
    MrJackson said:
    When The Force Awakens sets were released two years ago it was a hard launch on October 1 I believe. No teaser or spoiler images and they were pretty tight with security of the images. That hard launch was Disney's edict. 
    The release was September 4th but we saw the sets earlier because someone found them both in stores and we had pics online. I think we saw them in July. So maybe next month we will see the rest... but I wouldn't count on it. Rogue One was worse cause someone found an instruction manual online and then the whole wave popped up on Amazon! 
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,284
    The Star Wars: The Force Awakens range was intended for reveal on the 3rd of September in 2015 and release the next day but Disney did not attempt to repeat that for Rogue One. Instead, products were intentionally revealed some way in advance and they tried to build some excitement through social media, with mixed success I hear.

They seem to be trying various methods and seeing what works best at the moment. I am given to understand that the Star Wars: The Last Jedi items are intended to be unveiled on the 31st of August, the day before release.
    CM4Sgmonkey76stluxCCCMaffyDIceCreamClonesnowhitieAdeelZubair
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,619
    ^ Good luck to them with that! The closer something is to the launch date, the more people need to know about them and see them, and therefore the likelihood of info or photos of them leaking gets a lot higher.

Am I correct in thinking this was the case back in 2015, with photos of the sets widely available, but not officially available?
    CM4SMAGNINOMINISUMBRAOnebricktoomanydougts
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's already a little bit disappointed with a few of the craft designs and a particular TLJ character based on leaked box images we saw last month? 
      And here's some questions I've been pondering for the action figure guys.
    Is there any leaked figure lists or images out there? 
    Is there as much demand for early info as there is in the LEGO fan community?
    Does Hasbro seem to have better control over leaks than TLG?
    CM4S
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 836
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's already a little bit disappointed with a few of the craft designs and a particular TLJ character based on leaked box images we saw last month? 
      And here's some questions I've been pondering for the action figure guys.
    Is there any leaked figure lists or images out there? 
    Is there as much demand for early info as there is in the LEGO fan community?
    Does Hasbro seem to have better control over leaks than TLG?
    As someone working as an intern for Hasbro currently, I would be very surprised to see leaks originating from them. They take confidentiality very seriously, especially with partner brands.
    CM4SMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    ^ You're already towing the company line!  You'll go far...  ;-)
    PLEASE tell me it's a paid internship.
    OnebricktoomanyFollowsClosely
    Idk why but I'm a fan of the AT-M6. I will definitely be getting that! FOSD is eh, the Bomber is just "ok" to me.

Hopefully BB-8 is good. I don't think I'll be too interested in Kylo's TIE and the other two are unknown... 75177 is really unknown! :) 

MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    I was really referring to that last figure in the FOSD set (assuming my memory serves me correctly).
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Will BB roll...?

Come on Lego Engineer Department!
    And talk about different strokes - if the movie 'Gorillas' bear a close resemblance to the set design, I'll be calling them AT-Meh6's.  To me it just feels like a lazy grab at an OT fan favorite. I'm willing to hold fire though until I've seen them in action.
    And talk about different strokes - if the movie 'Gorillas' bear a close resemblance to the set design, I'll be calling them AT-Meh6's.  To me it just feels like a lazy grab at an OT fan favorite. I'm willing to hold fire though until I've seen them in action.
    There is a leaked image of the actual thing online, but it's like a white outlined version on some merch. They look more like gorillas than the set. 

Also.. I think even if they did do a new walker design people would still hate it!! 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    CM4S said:

SNIP
    Also.. I think even if they did do a new walker design people would still hate it!! 
    Ditto!
    Mind you, I've got a bad feeling (about this) that by the end of the current trilogy there's going to be quite a bit of fan hatred. I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong though.
      Could have made a great Q&A set for this weeks bonus ball.

Star Wars VII - IX

How do you vainly attempt to cash in on the most popular movies in a saga and NOT call it a reboot?
    CM4SOnebricktoomany
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Episode 8 is critical to me. 7 was a fan flick reboot thinly disguised as a sequel. I'll give them a pass on that given the need to reenergize the fans after the PT, but now that that has been accomplished, damnit give me something fresh, not an Empire rehash

reminds me of the ST reboot.  Great job setting the stage with the first one, setting up a universe now unencumbered with the future established in all the movies and tv shows.  So what do they do with that wide open landscape?  A lazy all out action movie wrapped in a Khan rehash.  Huge disappointment. Episode 8 is make or break time 
    SMCCM4Sgmonkey76VorpalRyu
    I don't think anyone needed to be 're-energized' for a sequel.  My guess, other than introducing new characters, any sort of fun action-adventure would have been just as wildly succesful.  Considering this is a trillion dollar franchise, groundbreaking filmmaking was not a priority.

Frankly, Indy 5 and Episode II had/has a much taller order to re-energize fans, or keep their interest.  Indy 4 and Episode I did nothing to build any goodwill.

I'm sure when we all reflect after Episode VIII is released, Episode VII will probably be a completely disposable movie.  (Or summed up in under 10 minutes.)

Star Wars is its own industry, with varied sources for consumption.  Rogue One indicative of that.  One can't say that it's a 'can't fail', but it's pretty close.

Star Trek - on the other hand - doesn't enjoy anywhere near the same level of saturation.  Consequently, more rides on the movies, and there are less resources available to build as extensive a universe.  (The CBS TV show is a perfect example of that.)  Other than 'Star' in the title, I don't think the properties are comparable.

I happened to like Into Darkness, but was really disappointed that Khan was essentially a throw-away plot point.  They could have saved that for a later film.  (Like Blofeld in the recent Bond films.)

Given that Chris Pine was so good in WW, they really need to keep the focus for the upcoming films on Kirk, and not get side-tracked with CGI and other characters.  I think they've done an excellent job reserving the Klingons, other Romulans, Ferengi, Borg, etc.  But as comparables, it's apples and bananas.
    ^ Ferengi, Borg and bananas were all TNG so shouldn't be in the film's anyway.
    gmonkey76
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Yeah I'm certainly not trying to compare ST to SW at all.  Different levels entirely.  Just drawing a comparison to how ST, in my opinion, wasted a great opportunity, and I'm fearful that SW may follow in the same footsteps. Given Abrams as a common contributor and driver to both projects of course

i agree that a rehashed episode 7 was completely unnecessary and disappointing and ultimately will rank lower on the list once time passes. Rogue One was a substantially better SW film to me. Be I'm willing to cut them some slack on TFA so long as 8 and 9 give us something more original 
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    edited June 2017
    SMC said:
    ^ Ferengi, Borg and bananas were all TNG so shouldn't be in the film's anyway.
    Same universe, but thanks for the fantastic contribution.  (I, for one, would welcome the Borg in a new continuity movie.)

Although, this off-topic!
    dougts said:
    Rogue One was a substantially better SW film to me. Be I'm willing to cut them some slack on TFA so long as 8 and 9 give us something more original 
    I totally agree.  Although I can also see them continuing the 'safe' route.  

(One can only hope the rather bleak conclusion of Rogue One frees up the writers to do a less conventional story.)
    dougts
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 85
    SumoLego said:

I'd like to start a 5000 piece modular train station rumor.  I'm already feeling anxiety!!!

What??!!  Grand central station?!!  5000 pieces!?  I'm in heaven!  Please let this be true!!
    Grand Central Station UCS Modular set is coming out?? Tell me, is this before or after the renovation and facelift of the clock? Any minifigures? 5000pieces though seems a bit of a small set, maybe 7000pieces would do it better justice..
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    SMC said:
    SumoLego said:

I happen to believe that the UCS MF reissue is imminent.

So why are constantly questioning real indicators that it is coming?

SumoLego said:

So, basically: 1) a possible website glitch, 2) designers screwing around, and 3) a possibly incomprehensible stock search screenshot.

(if you can't beat them join them)

Love this photo!!!
    madforLEGO
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 941
    Now, imagine this ^ (no troll), with the MF microfighter (#75030) and an accordingly-scaled space slug... there's your $800, 5K pieces UCS set!

To accommodate TFA (e.g. 2nd radar dish rumor), the space slug is a 2-in-1 set that can be rebricked into an "escape from Jakku" set.
    bobabricksUberbrick
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    This amazing thread is slipping down the list!
    CM4SMAGNINOMINISUMBRASumoLegoVorpalRyusid3windr