Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie sets

Comments

• CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    CM4S said:
    Disappointing to see the 70610 Flying Jelly Sub doesn't have a knob on the back that you can turn to make the bottom half spin crazily. I wanna see the chains spinning in a circle, I'm sure it would've looked cool.
    I will try to modify that set with a motor so it spins like in the first trailer. I had the same thought: 'That would look cool'.
    VBaskin2008
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,776
    I was thinking of putting it next to the theater and market street
    I'm going to put mine on top of Market Street.  
    gmonkey76catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    Oh man that heavy metal guy rules! These look really fun.
    Looks like Bret Michaels of Poison!
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76SumoLegoVBaskin2008
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,237
    ecmo47 said:
    Oh man that heavy metal guy rules! These look really fun.
    Looks like Bret Michaels of Poison!
    lmao, just needs the hair piece in cool yellow for the peroxide blond look.
    VBaskin2008xiahna
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 155
    Hello Bricksetters!

Our shipments are locked in and the pre-order is starting now. Remember this is an exclusive BP and Brickset price!

Box = $214
    Set = $78

Free shipping within the United States.
    Additional rates available upon request for international shipments.

Please PM with your PayPal email address and order type (box/set and quantity) if you are interested. 

Shipping is estimated to be mid-late August.

Really looking forward to this great series!

- Jon

gmonkey76InfinitymanChubblesMegtheCatdspigelSirBenReesesPiecesVBaskin2008Tkash80
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,515
    Can someone confirm there is 20 of these Cmfs?  As I'm pretty sure one of the toy fairs had a 20 in each set box and another a 16 in each set box.
    VBaskin2008
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    edited June 2017
    Can someone confirm there is 20 of these Cmfs?  As I'm pretty sure one of the toy fairs had a 20 in each set box and another a 16 in each set box.
    Nah, definitely 20 - it's printed on the bags! 
    sid3windrVBaskin2008
    @Ayliffe lol I completely missed that..... too early in the morning for me!
    VBaskin2008
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,092
    VorpalRyu said:
    I wasn't going to bother with the Ninjago Movie stuff, but with every new set detail released, it seems like we're going to have to try to squeeze it into our budget. If TLG keeps doing this, I might end up having to switch to an instant noodles diet.
    I've been on a Pot Noodle diet for years! Spicy Curry FTW! ;-)

Disclaimer: Not really, but it is one of my weird guilty pleasures... Once in a while. ;-)
    VBaskin2008
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 269
    I have always been a fan of Ninjago, but only picked up a handful of sets in the past due to budgetary reasons and other factors. But I think regular Ninjago can't cut it anymore for me. I'm exclusively a Movie Ninjago fan and am all in on this, it'll go great next to TLM and TLBM sets and I feel they've really gone above and beyond to make TLNM the most exciting product line ever.

Don't get me wrong, Ninjago has always been an impressive theme, though some years have been a bit lacking, but these movie sets just scream awesome on a level that goes beyond ordinary vehicle after ordinary vehicle re-hash from year to year. Also the army of fish-people is one third cool, one third Atlantis 2.0 and one third sheer brilliance.

All these new reveals are just the icing on the cake in my eyes and I can hardly wait to get started.
    VBaskin2008
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,601
    Can't wait for those CMFs! Now to find some money to buy them...
    VBaskin2008
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,347
    I wish they gave me (my wallet) some breathing room though, I still don't have all the TLBM sets and I'm already craving for TLNM sets... :|
    gmonkey76LEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    All are out so I guess Brickset will upload them any minute now. Can't say I'm liking them overall, but the villians look cool. 
    VBaskin2008
    The lego movie unikitty and batman movie bat symbol torsos are a neat reference to previous lego movies.
    sid3windrVBaskin2008
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,566
    Best. Fig. Ever. 
    It is almost like they asked a six year old girl to design a minifigure! Over the top in every way. I think that one will be popular.
    LostInTranslationVBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    ^^It's exactly how I feel about these LEGO movie sets, they always are refreshing in unique and interesting ways that you wouldn't normally expect. Love it!
    VBaskin2008
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,347
    I want them all. In multiples. I might even need to buy a full box this time :(
    LostInTranslationVBaskin2008
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,288
    This site just revealed a 2018 set for Ninjago -

7063X garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! - Fans help Lloyd save hotdog guy and braces girl from the Garmadon Shark Mech, which features two opening cockpits, snapping jaws, posable legs and feet and two spring-loaded shooters. Available exclusively at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-lego-group-announces-building-sets-based-on-the-lego-ninjago-movie-300478725.html
    ricecake77ncaachampssid3windrAanchirIceCreamClonestluxLEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 720
    Love them all! I appreciate the throwback to Alien Conquest on Zane's sweater, as well as the references to previous movies. These are simply amazing. 
    VBaskin2008
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 70
    @CM4S When I read the description of the GGG, I thought you were joking. Then I saw the article.
    CM4SVBaskin2008
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,442
    Shark army figs look a bit like Cthulhu and Deep Ones to me. Looking forward to getting a few of these.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 124
    edited June 2017

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/posts/10154805488893403

Personally I have not been a big fan on ninjago lego but I have to say that this set does look amazing. It has that weird lego thing where it kinda does not make any sense at all yet still looks absolutely awesome.

It is absolutely amazing in all its craziness.

lentilVBaskin2008
    edited June 2017
    Hey guys?

How does this work?

Behind the 2x2 comic tiles is element 32028, which has 2 studs on top, right? And underneath that is a simple 1x2 tile with the panel on the side... but because of that piece the tile can not connect to element 32028 right? So does that mean that there's a new version of 32028 without studs? 

MAGNINOMINISUMBRAVorpalRyucatwranglerVBaskin2008BlueTaco
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 977
    ^ Well spotted! The only other way it would work is if there was a 2x2 plate without an anti-stud (which could be useful also).
    VBaskin2008
    Penkid11 said:
    Those are the set description's Comic Store trading cards. They're 1x2 tiles.
    Ohhhhhh that makes sense, now. Thought I discovered something for a second :(
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 537
    I love that Cole has an AC/DC shirt in Ninjagoese!
    VBaskin2008
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,148
    The Thursday reveal of the first 10 CMF's had already evaporated any willpower I had to skip the TLNM CMF's, and then with the Friday reveal TLG has me thinking "I need a whole box of these".

Personally I prefer (Super) Angry Kitty (or Unisithy!), but a happy Unikitty will do ;)
    gmonkey76sid3windrVBaskin2008
    stlux said:
    The Thursday reveal of the first 10 CMF's had already evaporated any willpower I had to skip the TLNM CMF's, and then with the Friday reveal TLG has me thinking "I need a whole box of these".
    Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.  

But I was going to buy two cases anyway.  So maybe that doesn't apply to me.  Ever.
    stluxgmonkey76VBaskin2008Yodalicious
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Honestly this is probably the single most impressive product line LEGO has ever released. I'm in for all of them. And I'm not even a Ninjago fan, have only ever picked up a handful of Ninjago sets. 
    CM4Sgmonkey76sonsofscevacatwranglerVBaskin2008lentil
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,918
    I actually genuinely feel a bit sorry for whomever gets the job of designing next years Ninjago sets.
    Johnyk668VBaskin2008gmonkey76andheYodalicious
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 565
    With the batman movie, I felt as if the figures outdid some of the sets. To their credit, the figures had excellent details but if I bought them, I would be buying them for the figures and the set themselves would be a second thought (Exception being #70906 Lowrider as that set to me was all around appealing and completely worth it).

The ninjago movie sets on the other hand is the complete opposite. My eye is caught to so many of the builds over the figures. I could care less about which set has which ninja, I just find the vehicles and buildings to be excellent. If there were any figures that I would go out and collect it would be the enemy fish army people. 

I find these new pieces so neat and unique. When it was said that Garmadon was going to be back in the movie I decided I was not going to be too interested in any skull/snake people things and even just in general was not interested in any of the ninja. I really did think I would pass on this theme but I find these sea creature people and sets to be truly amazing.
    VBaskin2008
  • dutchlegofan50dutchlegofan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 186
    Is this an illegal technique? Looks like a trans 1x2x5 brick is filled with round tiles. There's at least one more in the set. 
    VBaskin2008
    edited June 2017
    ^ I'm going to say no.  Illegal 'techniques' general apply to element (generally stud) connections where as this is just putting one element inside another.  The same technique was used, with the same inserted element, in last years #40223 Snow Globe (albeit on a much larger scale).  I guess you could also say the same technique is used any time ANY element is loosely placed inside another.  Examples that come to mind include 1x2 letters and money inside letterboxes and ATMs.
    EDIT:  I DO think it's a really clever parts usage and has got me thinking about ways to appropriate it for use in shopfronts and shop displays - eg pistols inside the same element mounted horizontally.
    LyichirVBaskin2008
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 885
    edited June 2017
    Benny is on a roll! :-)

Mynattgmonkey76ricecakestluxsid3windrVBaskin2008BlueTacocatwrangler
    Recce said:

You're remaking the set?! 
    VBaskin2008
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 885
    CM4S said:
    Recce said:

Yes, my attempt on the model based on the official photos.
    sid3windrVBaskin2008
    What element is the tall sand green panel?

VBaskin200877ncaachamps
    Recce said:
    CM4S said:
    Recce said:

Yes, my attempt on the model based on the official photos.
    That's awesome! Looks good so far

What element is the tall sand green panel?

New piece introduced in the Elves sets of this summer 
    VBaskin2008
    The sets are already out in Billund Denmark 

From Promobricks

stluxVBaskin2008sid3windrherbyderbyPate5346maaaaaaaSumoLegopharmjodcatwrangler
    Strikes me as odd that they don't have the set names printed on them.
    VBaskin2008
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Yeah, or the part count
    SumoLegoVBaskin2008
    I want that ship!
    VBaskin2008
    I just saw that the Ultimate Temple is only $80 (with nearly 1400 pieces)

The fire mech is $70 (with nearly 1000 pieces) 

The lightning jet is only $80 for almost 1000 pieces

I am loving the pricing on these! I am also glad the Bounty is only $160 which isn't too bad 
    BumblepantsstluxricecakeVBaskin2008lentil
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 565
    @Recce Just for out of curiosity, would it be possible to see a photo of it connected to a modular? Even though it will probably look so far out of place.
    VBaskin2008
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 712
    SumoLego said:
    Strikes me as odd that they don't have the set names printed on them.
    Yeah, or the part count
    Don't European boxes normally omit those elements? I know that the part count, at least, normally doesn't appear on those boxes, but I don't remember if set names are normally featured or not.
    CM4SVorpalRyugmonkey76VBaskin2008Aanchirpharmjod